CA Knew Winnie The Pooh Blanket Missing

Cindy did not forget she had those NICE and not inexpensive laundry bags. And yes, I DO expect her to remember everything in her home-it's not that hard-it's what mom's do on a daily basis. She had 3 grown people and one child and she PAID for EVERYTHING, so it is not a stretch of the imagination to think she would remember what she bought. And yes, on a shelf over the washer would seem exactly where that laundry bag should have been...only not inside of a garbage bag and on a TOP shelf, likely out of easy reach from what I have seen of their garage. I am all for giving someone a break or even the benefit of a doubt, but in this case, that train rolled out a LONG time ago. :rolleyes:

Not that it happens often, but in Cindy's defense, she's pretty short. Reaching top shelves of anything is a difficult task without a step stool. That in itself isn't an argument against her concealing the laundry bag. But putting it in a plastic bag makes sense since it was canvas and it was being stored in a garage where putting things inside containers is well noted.

I wonder if in her saying "Caylee's pooh blanket is missing!" she is uttering a horrible realization that the (still at that time) unidentified body is most likely Caylee due to them searching for her blanket in the house. I can give her the benefit of the doubt, but keep in the back of my mind her propensity to flex her knowledge when it suits her and can be disguised as ignorance versus artifice.

But there is no explanation that is satisfactory in why her PI was in the dump site on her authority. That is just messed up.

My guess would be after the first December search warrant when the Pooh bedding set was seized as evidence, BC and the A's go over what was taken by LE. If the blanket was discovered to be missing at one point and replaced without informing LE, then I would think BC would inform the A's he has concerns since LE can easily determine that the blanket is from a different set. The next search warrant CA uses the opportunity to say "oh yeah, by the way...we are missing a winnie the pooh blanket". BC wasn't there to keep her quite.

Why would she make the statement about the blanket being missing versus thinking the detectives took it in that first search?

not to in any way defend CA, because in my opinion she is horribly involvedin covering this all up. But some of the nitpicks and details here forget one simple fact. Cindy lives with KC. One suspects that the rest of the family long ago learned to assume that anything missing had simply wandered off with KC. A laundy bag missing when KC leaves for an extended period was probably not a huge concern...

Until or unless GA noticed that bag in her trunk during the gas can incident. And even then it probably would not have been anything unusual until he smelled the car at the tow yard. If George saw the bag, then yes not mentioning it was probably deliberate and an attempt to cover up the crime.

Maybe she was keeping it from getting dusty in the garage. I don't think she was trying to hide a laundry bag. Maybe they were on sale so she bought 2.

Same with the folding toothbrush. That is where it ended up. And with coolers, if you can pack them inside each other, bravo! They take up a ton of room.

In fact, if she wanted to get rid of evidence, she and GA had plenty of opportunity to do so and none of this stuff would have been found at the house.

I don't use laundry bags at home, we use hampers. But, we have a nice laundry bag for travel use. Where is it? In a cooler. I have a small cooler that I throw an ice pack in when traveling by car and put cosmetics/creams in so they don't get hot in the car. When I come home I take things out and put away, wipe out cooler and empty laundry bag, flip it inside out and fabreeze it, hang it for a day to air out and then roll it up and put in the cooler along with a travel laundry kit and other misc items. If I am shopping and see something I think would be handy for travel, when I get home, it goes in the cooler or a travel bag. At any given time, I think I know things are in them, but, I never check unless packing, or I guess I see the items if I add something.

The last thing I ever intend to do is defend CA, but, on knowing about the laundry bag, maybe not. And as an aside, on our service porch, where my laundry is, a lot things get stored and I use plastic bags of varying sizes up to trash bag size for dust covers.

CA would KNOW if everyday things like a laundry bag was gone.

Not if it was something she wasn't using...that was packed away above the washing machine. My impression is that this is a collapsible canvas laundry hamper with wire rims. If it was in a plastic bag, it was probably still in it's collapsed state when stored on the shelf and she bought it but wasn't present using it. In that case, NO, it would not expect her to even think to go looking to see if the laundry bag was missing.

I have a question for you. Without going to your kitchen, tell me how many knives and forks you have. Now go into your kitchen drawer and see if that number matches up with what is in your drawer.

I don't know about most people but as a mother who did laundry in a house. I can tell you what clothes they all have. I doubt Casey ever did laundry while she lived there. Lee either, George either. I would bet Cindy washed, ironed, hung up in closet and put away in their drawers all of everyone's clothes.

It appears she is ocd when it comes to that stuff. After Caylee was missing 5 weeks. She admitted to washing her bedding weekly. She admitted to LE that the blanket was missing because she had to....she was caught....simple.

You know, I can as well. To an extent. In my family, I wear mostly black for example, so does DH. I am pretty anal about many things, but, I couldn't tell you for certain how many black tee shirts either he or I have. Or in my case black pants. Or how many green. Other items, probably, but, to tell if any were missing, I would have to intentionally take inventory. My DD wears things that are mostly, pink, purple, blue and orange. Very often, when buying clothes for her, we will buy the same thing in several sizes (especially on sale). I would also have a hard time telling easily if anything of hers is missing.

Now this thread has me paranoid and I suppose I need to think of some way to keep track of things better.

All the same, I am one of those people who if things are disturbed, I sense it, so maybe I don't have to worry so much.

Not if it was something she wasn't using...that was packed away above the washing machine. My impression is that this is a collapsible canvas laundry hamper with wire rims. If it was in a plastic bag, it was probably still in it's collapsed state when stored on the shelf and she bought it but wasn't present using it. In that case, NO, it would not expect her to even think to go looking to see if the laundry bag was missing.

I have a question for you. Without going to your kitchen, tell me how many knives and forks you have. Now go into your kitchen drawer and see if that number matches up with what is in your drawer.

ROFL! That is the ONLY thing I could do that on. I just bought new stainless earlier this week, and got rid of the old that was in the drawer, redid them and replaced with the new. I was in the kitchen having coffee earlier and opened my drawer and was admiring my wonderful new stainless. And the drawer in general. I KNOW it is all there and the count. Today at any rate.

ROFL! That is the ONLY thing I could do that on. I just bought new stainless earlier this week, and got rid of the old that was in the drawer, redid them and replaced with the new. I was in the kitchen having coffee earlier and opened my drawer and was admiring my wonderful new stainless. And the drawer in general. I KNOW it is all there and the count. Today at any rate.

Okay, you have a point. How about this one. How many pairs of socks does your family own? Are there any currently missing? :) (Hopefully your washing machine has not eaten them.)

~ Kelly

I store tons of stuff in plastic bags, and in no way consider that hiding items. It's an attempt to keep the item clean until further use. Do we know if they have a cat?

Oh yeah...they have cats and dogs! They amuse me in this sick situation because you can always see them in the pictures. The cat was on the kitchen table during the CA v. Greta video.... the dogs are on the back of the couch and on their laps during the Greta video.... and now in the latest doc dump you can see the cat sleepin on CA's bed totally not caring about the SW chaos going on in the house (my cat would have been HIDING for it's life!) and then, sadly, one of the little dogs on Caylee's bed while they are taking pics of Caylee's bedroom.

Those pets were obviously used to the craziness! :bang:

The hamper that was pictured in the docs and found with Caylee's remains appears to be collapsable (it's call a krush can). Does anyone think this is what George saw in her trunk?? He described a collapsable crate, though... hmmmm.

The hamper that was pictured in the docs and found with Caylee's remains appears to be collapsable (it's call a krush can). Does anyone think this is what George saw in her trunk?? He described a collapsable crate, though... hmmmm.

What George described was a blue plastic collapsible crate, not a white canvas laundry bag.

Like most of you I do not believe that any of the Anthonys were involved with Caylee's death. Regarding the laundry bag, If you think the anthony's were trying to conceal it in a black plastic bag, that would have to mean that the Anthony's knew Caylee was in a laundry bag, meaning they were involved in the murder. IMO makes no sense that they were concealing it.....

They do when their grandchild is missing and has not been seen nor heard from in months on end and there was the smell of a DEAD body inside of their daughter's car who has lied from the get-go. I am 99.99999% positive that Cindy went through things to determine what, if anything, was missing and am equally as certain that she knew this blanket was missing from the start of this. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that she didnt in fact search the house for missing items, but that is not to say she can pinpoint every little thing gone.

Basically what I am saying is if say for instance, my 11 year old son packed a bag for a sleepover and I didnt look to see what he took----if for some reason he went "missing", I would be so distraught, for one, and frazzled that there is no way I could go in his room and tell someone exactly what he put in his backpack. Only the obvious, like his cell phone, handheld gadgets that he really likes and uses alot. If he threw in some random stuff, i doubt i would know what they were.

I am not defending ca, I agree with most people who cant stand her. I just know alot of people don't have mental inventories of everything in a house. Especially under the circumstances.

Okay, you have a point. How about this one. How many pairs of socks does your family own? Are there any currently missing? :) (Hopefully your washing machine has not eaten them.)

~ Kelly

Got me there. I have no clue. And the machine does eat them, plus DH loses them somehow, he ALWAYS comes back from business trips with less socks than he went out with. *shaking head.

IMO given the fact the CA was told by KC that Zanny had a key to her home and knowing that her granddaughter was missing I would assume she would make a thorough check of her home, especially Caylees things. She knew that balnket was missing as she previously said she still washed the baby's bedding every week...no way she didn't know.

IMO given the fact the CA was told by KC that Zanny had a key to her home and knowing that her granddaughter was missing I would assume she would make a thorough check of her home, especially Caylees things. She knew that balnket was missing as she previously said she still washed the baby's bedding every week...no way she didn't know.

You are assuming the blanket was supposed to be on the bed. Cindy said one of the WtP blankets was missing. It could have been stored in a closet.

You are assuming the blanket was supposed to be on the bed. Cindy said one of the WtP blankets was missing. It could have been stored in a closet.

So, what caused her to realize it was missing THAT exact moment?

If she knew it was missing earlier, why didn't she notify LE?

So, what caused her to realize it was missing THAT exact moment?

If she knew it was missing earlier, why didn't she notify LE?

Who said she only noticed it missing at that exact moment? She could have noticed it missing earlier and not made a connection with Caylee's disappearance until she saw it described on the search warrant. If she didn't know when it disappeared, she may have assumed that Casey took it with her on a prior occasion and not even thought to mention it to LE. Perhaps we should hear her side of the story before declaring her guilty?

This is me quoting myself from a diff thread from a while back.

....during the Greta int, she specifically asked CA if that was how the room always was. Ca says "This is how the room is always....Except for caylees toys usually being on the bed. A blanket, some stuffed animals....those kind of things".

The blanket?????

Glad I went back to check, since she didnt specify which blanket was not on the bed as it normally was.
I still think it is the blanket, but I also think that she had told LE and they forgot to mention that detail in the report.
As for the hamper, for all we know, both hampers could have been stored away in the garage and CA may never have known that one was missing.
JMO

This is me quoting myself from a diff thread from a while back.

....during the Greta int, she specifically asked CA if that was how the room always was. Ca says "This is how the room is always....Except for caylees toys usually being on the bed. A blanket, some stuffed animals....those kind of things".

The blanket?????

Glad I went back to check, since she didnt specify which blanket was not on the bed as it normally was.
I still think it is the blanket, but I also think that she had told LE and they forgot to mention that detail in the report.
As for the hamper, for all we know, both hampers could have been stored away in the garage and CA may never have known that one was missing.
JMO

That's a possibility too. LE did drop the ball at first when Cindy was offering up items that might be connected to the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back