CA-Sandra Cantu, 8 missing 3/27/09 from Tracy,#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Nurse!!!!! I guess it is time to google Pelican Bay.

I have been trying to look at criminal records at the courthouse, but currently they are unavailable. Making me crazy.

I think the LE in this case are doing an outstanding job. I do not think they will receive any flak about the Amber Alert. It sounds as if they were following procedure. We have to remember that in most of these cases, the child is really at the neighbors or has gone somewhere with another family member and just forgotten to tell mom. If the Amber Alert were to be "overused" or frequently cancelled within a matter of an hour or so because the child was quickly located, people would stop paying close attention to the alert. Does that make sense? I'm thinking of the boy that cried wolf. We want the alert to continue to make everyone stop and take notice immediately.

Having said all that, I do think there should be some better parameters for when an alert is issued. The age of the child should be a number one consideration. Here, Sandra is 8, she has already been missing for 4 hours. Mom has already checked the neighbors and other places she can think of. Siblings were accounted for, I believe. One phone call to dad to verify Sandra was not with him, and an alert should have been issued.

Salem

Salem, and Everyone else!

The guidelines need to be changed for the Amber Alert. Every state needs to have the same guidelines. They need to be set with a little common sense! If a 15 yo child is missing for 24 hours, that is bad enough but I would not get freaked like I would if an 8 yo was missing for 24 hours. I have just about come to the conclusion that I am going to make it my mission in life to do something about it! That and these morons that are running around and only have to report once a year! Don't know how I'm going to do it but I am counting on the Good Lord providing a way............Thanks for the space. That was my venting for the night.

Interesting about the dad. Sandra's aunt said she didn't know much about him - so is he the father of the other children? I'm thinking probably not. Hmmmm......

Salem

IIRC he is not. I think I read that from this thread but sheesh these cases can get all mixed up in your head!

Interesting about the dad. Sandra's aunt said she didn't know much about him - so is he the father of the other children? I'm thinking probably not. Hmmmm......

Salem
I am thinking based on last names he is only the father of Sandra... and with her just turning eight...him just moving to mexico a year ago and them divorcing a year ago... into question.. especially concerning these DRUG CHARGES....HE WAS A DEALER....

was Sinclair and cousin involved in the past with this? a year ago Sandra would have been seven or Six same age as when swimming pool man kissed her.. does this have something to do with this whole mess somehow? why did he move to mexicali exp in light of his charges?:eek::eek::eek:

But is has been reported that Cantu grew up in Tracy and graduated from Tracy High School. So... he knows people there, he has friends there.

I really hate to suspect this guy, just yet. He seems honest and sincere. He came up from So. Cal. right away. He appears concerned about Sandra and her safety and well-being. He made me cry when he said he wished he had her.

Salem

I am thinking based on last names he is only the father of Sandra... and with her just turning eight...him just moving to mexico a year ago and them divorcing a year ago... into question.. especially concerning these DRUG CHARGES....HE WAS A DEALER....

was Sinclair and cousin involved in the past with this? a year ago Sandra would have been seven or Six same age as when swimming pool man kissed her.. does this have something to do with this whole mess somehow? why did he move to mexicali exp in light of his charges?:eek::eek::eek:

:blushing: I feel like an idiot but I thought mexicali was slang for something but now I'm wondering is it actually a city and is it in CA or Mexico? :waitasec:

Whitehawk - feel free to vent anytime. I agree about the Amber Alert guidelines. Do you have a link to where they are posted at the federal level? Maybe it is time to take a look at them?

Salem

:blushing: I feel like an idiot but I thought mexicali was slang for something but now I'm wondering is it actually a city and is it in CA or Mexico? :waitasec:
town in mexico on the socal mexico border... you are not an idiot! You dork, mew! I love ya!:blowkiss:

Also Whitehawk - I believe Idaho4Groenes is our resident, in-house expert on the Amber alert. She may have some info or quick links?

Salem

But is has been reported that Cantu grew up in Tracy and graduated from Tracy High School. So... he knows people there, he has friends there.

I really hate to suspect this guy, just yet. He seems honest and sincere. He came up from So. Cal. right away. He appears concerned about Sandra and her safety and well-being. He made me cry when he said he wished he had her.

Salem

He looks like a guy that I saw on the Miami Vice movie!

btw, I am blonde....and still can never figure if mexicali is more cali or more mexi. I have never been there. I am sure if I ever tried to cross the border there I would figure it out promptly LOL

Whitehawk - feel free to vent anytime. I agree about the Amber Alert guidelines. Do you have a link to where they are posted at the federal level? Maybe it is time to take a look at them?

Salem

I know one of the big problems (or I should say issues) with amber alerts is they are worried about using them too often and having the public get "immune" to them. Not saying that's right I just know that's definitely a factor.

Okay - I'm off to have another look at Tuba's chart. Back in a few.

Salem

and as it is and as it should be. I do not personally feel they are overused. I am sure, by now after day six, we can all agree that it should have been used here. I hope that truckers and people traveling the interstates are still able to pick up some news on sandra and call anything suspicious in. EFFFFFF the gosh dang rules... man these rules need changed... especially for little children.. Sandra just. turned. eight....

sorry.. rant...

This may clear up the confusion with CA/Mexico:
Mexicali is in Mexico, very close to the border.
Calexico is in California, very near the border.

Sandra's dad lives in Mexicali (Mexico) but works in Brawley (California). Brawley is located in Imperial County, which borders Mexico, and is between Palm Springs and Mexico near the Salton Sea area (if that helps). I've been through there a few times, and it's basically in the middle of nowhere, very simple dwellings, not much to do.

This is from the link below:

Cantu, 37, is a Tracy native who attended Tracy High School has lived in Mexicali, Mexico, for the past year. He works as a saw operator for the National Beef Packing Company in Brawley, about two hours east of San Diego. The company declined to talk about Cantu.

http://tracypress.com/content/view/17695/2265/

Link to company he works for: http://www.nationalbeef.com/
Link to Brawley, California: http://www.cityofbrawley.com/

Boy, sure got quite. There must be a NG re-run on!

after we BOTH take maalox, I would like to discuss it with you ..... it, to me, was so spot on...

Oh I agree! I left a question for Soulscape and Tuba. House 7 is the house of partnerships, in natal astrology. The perp, Mars in Sandra's case, is located in House 7. So I wonder if that could mean more than one perp? However, when there is no birth time, the charts are done on the Sunrise. Soulscape always reminds us that the planets will be the same but the chart must be read symbolically. I'm not sure exactly what that does to house placements. AND then, forensic astrology is different than natal astrology, so I'm not even sure if the houses have the same meaning. So.... that's my question.

Now for the water issue. The perp is in Pisces, which is water. This was Soulscape's clue about the swimming pool. BUT cadaver dogs also hit along the river's edge. So far, they have found nothing in the river.

Salem

I just can't type as fast as you can read Whitehawk!

Night Nurse. Maybe Sandra will be home tomorrow.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member