Melissa Huckaby, Suspect- thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious about the issue of Melissa Huckaby taking psychotropic drugs for depression and/or mental illness prior to the crime.

How do these drugs affect perception, and memory (recall)?

Who here is experienced with the continued use of such drugs and how they might affect an ongoing criminal investigation?

Also, how the discontinuation of their use affects an investigation?

I thought of this after hearing that Melissa Huckaby is on suicide watch at the moment.

I just wanted to stop over and tell you all what a great job your all doing.
May this little girl rest in Peace.

I hope MH Fry's for this. I never thought it would turn out like it did.

SNAP The more I think about it this gal had to have already been a sexual abuser of children.

I don't think one would use an instrument the very first time, do you? I would think that is something one would build up to.

Plus, for LE to come out and ask the public for any other victims to please come forward tells me they have indications she has done this before!

Melissa may have built up to this. She apparently got off scott free when the other child was drugged. That child must not have had any physical signs of abuse or surely they'd have done more about it. It's unbelieveable, if true, that she was suspected by the parents and even questioned by the police yet nothing was done to at least get the word out to other parents. If it's true, Melissa must have been very convincing or either left no evidence.

Huckaby's father, Brian Lawless, said the family cried and prayed together during the visit.

"She's not getting much sleep but in spite of all that that she looks good," he said afterwards. "We're in shock ... The young lady I see on film, that's not my daughter."

http://cbs13.com/crime/new.search.warrant.2.985293.html (Bolded by me)

Can someone give me a hint or a clue as to WHAT film he is talking about seeing Melissa on that is NOT his daughter?! WTH?! Did LE let him watch part of the interrogation or is there an actual film of her doing something to Sandra?! I want to know!!!

SS, With regard to "The young lady I see on film" I believe that Melissa's father meant that constant-loop replay of the media portrayal is not the person he knows as his daughter. I don't think he has seen anything other than what we have all seen. It's as though he is saying, "She's not like that!"

It is hard for a family to come to terms with something awful perpetrated by someone they raised and thought they "knew".

Another thought crosses my mind with regard to Melissa's ex-husband: consider the harsh terms for his visitation with their daughter. "One half hour, once a month, Supervised" is the kind of visitation granted a child molester or someone who poses a considerable threat to the child. Could that period in Melissa's life have been part of what exposed her to a darker side of life?

MOO

Melissa may have built up to this. She apparently got off scott free when the other child was drugged. That child must not have had any physical signs of abuse or surely they'd have done more about it. It's unbelieveable, if true, that she was suspected by the parents and even questioned by the police yet nothing was done to at least get the word out to other parents. If it's true, Melissa must have been very convincing or either left no evidence.

This is my belief as well... She's been doing this for a while but something went wrong this time.

Another thought crosses my mind with regard to Melissa's ex-husband: consider the harsh terms for his visitation with their daughter. "One half hour, once a month, Supervised" is the kind of visitation granted a child molester or someone who poses a considerable threat to the child. Could that period in Melissa's life have been part of what exposed her to a darker side of life?

I was blown away by the visitation terms as well. I would just LOVE to know what the circumstances were that led the judge to that ruling. I really wonder if maybe he was a drug addict? I can put being married to MH and becoming a drug addict together without much difficultly :eek:

I don't think that period in her life would have led her to this. This is beyond words...heinous, vile, disturbing. I think the pot that boiled over would have been simmering much longer than when she was married and divorced. Being in a miserable marriage and going through a nasty divorce would have ABSOLUTELY contributed to her state of mind and her anger level. I see it as a factor but not a cause.

I stayed away from this case at first, because it was too close to home. I lived in Stockton until the end of March (we moved to Sacramento), and I worked in Tracy until mid-March. There are certain regional factors that I could see adding to the stressers in her life. Meth/Crank/Speed is RAMPANT in the Valley. It's scary bad. The employment situation is awful, and it sounds like she had a hard time getting/keeping a job to begin with. Forget it in this economy.

I really wonder how long she's been doing this, and why she was so angry this time that she killed her. And I REALLY can't wrap my brain around why Sandra would go back there if she had been abused before...unless she was drugged and didn't remember.

I really wonder how long she's been doing this, and why she was so angry this time that she killed her. And I REALLY can't wrap my brain around why Sandra would go back there if she had been abused before...unless she was drugged and didn't remember.

I don't think Sandra had been abused before, or else she'd wouldn't have been happily skipping to Melissa's house. In fact, I think the reason for Sandra's death is that Melissa tried to molest Sandra in some way, and Sandra fought back.

Melissa may have drugged Sandra and/or asked her to go with her to the church to do something. I think the folding bed that LE removed from the church is where the crime was committed. If drugs were used, perhaps they didn't completely knock Sandra out, and she began struggling when Melissa started molesting/raping her with an object. If drugs weren't used, it could be that Melissa told Sandra they were going to play a game that was their special secret, and when Melissa started molesting Sandra, Sandra decided she didn't want to play that game, and/or said she was going to tell someone what Melissa did, and it became a power struggle that ended in Sandra's rape and death.

Melissa Huckaby is obviously not a mentally or emotionally stable person. It could be she was sexually abused herself, and was doing what many sexual abuse victims do, re-enact the abuse on other victims, thus perpetuating the cycle. If that is the case, then there could be others whom Huckaby has molested/raped, and that is what LE is obviously thinking when they asked for members of the community to come forward if their child had contact with Huckaby.

It is also possible Huckaby might have been filming *advertiser censored* for herself or for others. Early in the investigation, I read that Huckaby's five-year-old daughter had been removed from the home by Child Protective Services. I hope that is the case. If Huckaby's own daughter hasn't been sexually molested, I will be greatly surprised.

I want to say something about the alleged "psychotropic" drugs that some people are saying is the cause of Huckaby's rape and murder of Sandra Cantu. What you read in the media is over-blown reaction to medications that do much more good than harm. Anti-depressants don't make normal people into rage-filled murderers. That scenario has been promoted by anxious defense lawyers whose clients have no other leg to stand on. There is a very small percentage of people who do have reactions to these kinds of medications, but they don't happen in a vacuum. There are other factors involved.

As more evidence comes to light in this case, I think we will find a pattern of abuse in Melissa Huckaby's life. Her failed marriage and relationships, poor job record, petty thefts, spending sprees and bankruptcy, are only the tip of the iceberg. These are just the things we KNOW about. There is much more we don't know.

It is also possible that Melissa Huckaby is bi-polar with extreme mood swings or has Disassociative Identity Disorder (formerly called Multiple Personality Disorder). It doesn't excuse what Huckaby did to Sandra Cantu, or negate the evil of how Sandra died, but it might explain how a seemingly "normal" young mom could rape and murder her daughter's playmate.

That is a very good post Cherokee, I just want to clarify that I am not of the opinion that this crime was committed because of psychotropic drugs. My questions yesterday had to do with how drugs affect an investigation, and I am wondering whether she is (a) still on the same drugs as she was at the time of the crimes; (b) on different drugs now; or (c) off drugs altogether.

We all know that drugs affect different people in different ways, so drugs could have contributed and I hope we will hear from experts as this goes to trial just how much that could have been a factor. I personally don't think it's all that high.

That is a very good post Cherokee, I just want to clarify that I am not of the opinion that this crime was committed because of psychotropic drugs. My questions yesterday had to do with how do the drugs affect an investigation, and I am wondering whether she is (a) still on the same drugs as she was at the time of the crimes; (b) on different drugs now; or (c) off drugs altogether.

Those are good and relevant questions.

(a) If Melissa was on any kind of medications at the time of Sandra's murder, and she had continued to take them as part of her daily regimen, they would be continued in her jail cell unless authorized to be discontinued by a doctor.

(b) Melissa would not be put on different drugs until she had a mental health assessment by qualified doctors, and they felt that different medications were needed. I've not read that any such assessment has been performed.

(c) It would be dangerous to discontinue the drugs abruptly as the body can have physical and mental reactions to that kind of action. That is why doctors will prescribe a plan of tapering off a medication once it is no longer needed. As stated in my answer to (a), the county jail must continue to administer all prescribed drugs to inmates. If the inmate goes into withdrawal from unprescribed street drugs, they can be transported to a health care facility for interim treatment while under guard.

SS, With regard to "The young lady I see on film" I believe that Melissa's father meant that constant-loop replay of the media portrayal is not the person he knows as his daughter. I don't think he has seen anything other than what we have all seen. It's as though he is saying, "She's not like that!"

It is hard for a family to come to terms with something awful perpetrated by someone they raised and thought they "knew".

MOO
Welcome to WS, Winnow~

The only clips we saw of Melissa up until that point was her in the Kia and her in the backseat of the unmarked police car. I don't see him making the statement about those. I feel like there is something he was shown from LE (law enforcement) instead. Perhaps they were trying to illicit information on her past behavior from her father or family members by showing them her "confession" or parts of it. I could see LE doing this during questioning if they were adamant she could not have done anything to Sandra. (I would like to find out if there are other "films", too. It is suspected by other parents she was into child *advertiser censored* according to the report from David Bergaud from KOVR on JVM.)

We don't know enough about her ex to say she was exposed to anything during that time, but those are stringent rules for visitation. Time will tell when we see where her daughter is placed now. I am still unclear on who she is with currently. (It was rumored she was with the "father and step mom", but not clear if it was her father or Melissa's father.)

Welcome to WS, Winnow~

The only clips we saw of Melissa up until that point was her in the Kia and her in the backseat of the unmarked police car. I don't see him making the statement about those. I feel like there is something he was shown from LE (law enforcement) instead. Perhaps they were trying to illicit information on her past behavior from her father or family members by showing them her "confession" or parts of it. I could see LE doing this during questioning if they were adamant she could not have done anything to Sandra. (I would like to find out if there are other "films", too. It is suspected by other parents she was into child *advertiser censored* according to the report from David Bergaud from KOVR on JVM.)

We don't know enough about her ex to say she was exposed to anything during that time, but those are stringent rules for visitation. Time will tell when we see where her daughter is placed now. I am still unclear on who she is with currently. (It was rumored she was with the "father and step mom", but not clear if it was her father or Melissa's father.)

Exactly! Very unclear from news reports who MH's daughter is staying with right now. I hope she will be interviewed carefully by LE to determine if there was any abuse there. She's a very important connection in this case, IMO.

I was blown away by the visitation terms as well. I would just LOVE to know what the circumstances were that led the judge to that ruling. I really wonder if maybe he was a drug addict? I can put being married to MH and becoming a drug addict together without much difficultly :eek:

I don't think that period in her life would have led her to this. This is beyond words...heinous, vile, disturbing. I think the pot that boiled over would have been simmering much longer than when she was married and divorced. Being in a miserable marriage and going through a nasty divorce would have ABSOLUTELY contributed to her state of mind and her anger level. I see it as a factor but not a cause.

I stayed away from this case at first, because it was too close to home. I lived in Stockton until the end of March (we moved to Sacramento), and I worked in Tracy until mid-March. There are certain regional factors that I could see adding to the stressers in her life. Meth/Crank/Speed is RAMPANT in the Valley. It's scary bad. The employment situation is awful, and it sounds like she had a hard time getting/keeping a job to begin with. Forget it in this economy.

Maybe she was molesting her daughter but blamed it on him. And the daughter was too young to tell who was molesting her. JMO

That is a very good post Cherokee, I just want to clarify that I am not of the opinion that this crime was committed because of psychotropic drugs. My questions yesterday had to do with how drugs affect an investigation, and I am wondering whether she is (a) still on the same drugs as she was at the time of the crimes; (b) on different drugs now; or (c) off drugs altogether.

We all know that drugs affect different people in different ways, so drugs could have contributed and I hope we will hear from experts as this goes to trial just how much that could have been a factor. I personally don't think it's all that high.

ITA RythmicSun, in fact I feel if she was indeed making *advertiser censored* films everything else pales beyond compare. The reasons and explanations of how her life had soured her and turned her into this wicked person don't really matter to me.

If this is what happened she thought of her own benefit period. The only reason to try and understand her mind would be for profiling future such criminals IMO.

Exactly! Very unclear from news reports who MH's daughter is staying with right now. I hope she will be interviewed carefully by LE to determine if there was any abuse there. She's a very important connection in this case, IMO.
Sgt. Sheneman came out with a statement regarding her daughter and she was seen by professionals with no signs of abuse. I will have to find the clip (I believe I saw it on HLN or one of the talk shows.)

Sgt. Sheneman came out with a statement regarding her daughter and she was seen by professionals with no signs of abuse. I will have to find the clip (I believe I saw it on HLN or one of the talk shows.)

Well there goes my theory on why the dad got limited visitation.

I believe this. Seems like all the other pedos who are arrested that have kids. The family claims the person would never molest a child, when they are such a "great parent". Also, if she was trying to hide this side of herself, it would be a lot easier if her home life did not include molesting her own child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member