Theories On What Happened to Caylee Part #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I actually said mid-afternoon, and I seem to recall something about it being around 4.00pm (that's mid-afternoon in my head), but until I can find the relevant info. I'll agree to disagree with you. :crazy: :)

Back at ya, since anything you find to support an exact time will have to come from Cindy, whom I don't believe any more than I can fly to the moon. :crazy:
I think they began arguing when Cindy got home that afternoon and that prompted Casey to leave for Tony's, only to return later on thinking all would subside and, when it didn't, and Cindy kept on Casey's case, Casey killed Caylee.

For many weeks, your accidental drowning theory was exactly my theory, too, Devon. However, as time passed and evidence was released, including videos of the A's jail visits, I've had to change my mind.

Knowing what I now know about KC and CA's personalities, and their relationship, I cannot imagine KC assuming ANY responsibility whatsoever for the pool ladder being left up, resulting in Caylee's accidental drowning. Even if CA had specifically told KC to put the ladder away the night of June 15th, KC would have denied hearing that and/or blamed CA for putting it there in the first place. As soon as KC discovered Caylee in that pool, she'd have gotten Cindy on the phone and gone on the attack even before she called 911!

Even if KC didn't do that back in June, she'd certainly have turned on Cindy and blamed her for the pool ladder in July as soon as she was arrested and lawyered up. Once KC told that "truth" to Baez, he'd have been telling this story to LE and the media. KC has a venomous love-hate relationship with Cindy, and she wouldn't spend one day in jail to spare her mother. Furthermore, if KC had told the story about wanting to shield Cindy from knowing Cindy was responsible for Caylee drowning, KC would have looked like a saintly, devoted daughter, and a tragic mother.

And even if KC hadn't come up with that story while in jail, she surely would have worked it out with Cindy when she was home on bond. That explanation would have made Caylee's death accidental, and the whole tale would have ended then and there--with an outpouring of public sympathy for all the A's.

There was just one obstacle to that--one loose end that made this accidental drowning alibi completely implausible and impossible for the A's to pull off: The police would have insisted on knowing what KC did with Caylee's body.

The answer would have turned out to be, in essence: "Well, I wrapped duct tape around her head, then I bagged her up in double garbage bags and drove around with her in my trunk for a few days, while I stayed at my new boyfriend's apartment and partied with friends.

Her body started getting lumpy and icky in the bags, so I went by my parents' house and got a laundry basket and plopped her into that, too. Some of her had leaked out into my trunk, so I decided I needed to get her out of there before my trunk was ruined or someone saw her there. Finally, I decided to dump her in the woods behind my house where people dump old tires and trash. I'll show you where she is, but it might be flooded, or animals may have dragged her off. Oh, and we'll have to be careful of big snakes...."

There is an inhuman heartlessness in KC's treatment of her own daughter's dead body that completely negates the possibility that she would try to shield anyone other than herself from blame. I also think that even she recognized that no one else would ever be able to "understand" or overlook her treatment and disposal of Caylee's remains.

For what it's worth, because of the ladder being found by the pool with the gate open, I still think that KC either deliberately drowned Caylee, or that immediately after Caylee died, KC attempted to make it look like a drowning, then gave up that plan for some reason.

Any further thoughts, Devon. :)

I'm thinking! :crazy: :)

SNIPPED: "... Even if KC didn't do that back in June, she'd certainly have turned on Cindy and blamed her for the pool ladder in July as soon as she was arrested and lawyered up. Once KC told that "truth" to Baez, he'd have been telling this story to LE and the media. KC has a venomous love-hate relationship with Cindy, and she wouldn't spend one day in jail to spare her mother. Furthermore, if KC had told the story about wanting to shield Cindy from knowing Cindy was responsible for Caylee drowning, KC would have looked like a saintly, devoted daughter, and a tragic mother.

And even if KC hadn't come up with that story while in jail, she surely would have worked it out with Cindy when she was home on bond. That explanation would have made Caylee's death accidental, and the whole tale would have ended then and there--with an outpouring of public sympathy for all the A's.

There was just one obstacle to that--one loose end that made this accidental drowning alibi completely implausible and impossible for the A's to pull off: The police would have insisted on knowing what KC did with Caylee's body.

There is an inhuman heartlessness in KC's treatment of her own daughter's dead body that completely negates the possibility that she would try to shield anyone other than herself from blame. I also think that even she recognized that no one else would ever be able to "understand" or overlook her treatment and disposal of Caylee's remains.

For what it's worth, because of the ladder being found by the pool with the gate open, I still think that KC either deliberately drowned Caylee, or that immediately after Caylee died, KC attempted to make it look like a drowning, then gave up that plan for some reason...."

Well put. There's no way that Casey wouldn't have turned on her mother if there really were a way to blame Cindy. After killing Caylee because Casey's a "spiteful *****," this would have been Casey's crowing moment were it possible.

Back at ya, since anything you find to support an exact time will have to come from Cindy, whom I don't believe any more than I can fly to the moon. :crazy:
I think they began arguing when Cindy got home that afternoon and that prompted Casey to leave for Tony's, only to return later on thinking all would subside and, when it didn't, and Cindy kept on Casey's case, Casey killed Caylee.

Just a thought...

What if the fight between Cindy and KC BEGAN when KC arrived home. Cindy got on her case about the money or something Caylee said. KC stormed into the bedroom with Caylee,slaming the door(but not locking it. did the bedroom doors actually have locks?) struck out in a rage and killed Caylee?

Abit later, Cindy, fuming and thinking of another point to confront KC with, wrenched open the door only to find KC with a dead Caylee. Cindy goes ballistic. THIS is when the alleged 'hands around the throat ' incident occurs.

KC flees the house to hover in the area taking comfort from texts with TonE. She returns later to find Caylee laid out on her WTP blanket and takes the body for disposal.

It might explain why the family is so desperate to cry SODDI.

FWIW...some info to use in lining up theories 'bout what happened 6/15...

Per E-Pass records here it appears that Cindy and Caylee left for Mt. Dora around ~9AM, 6/16 (see Conway toll 9:27AM)

Per cell pings, Casey left G&C's just after ~9AM and arrived @ Tony's ~9:15AM.

Per E-Pass records (and consistent w/ statements) it appears Cindy & Caylee returned home to Hopespring ~3PM (see matching Conway toll @ 2:33PM).

Per cell records...

@ 3:35PM Cindy called Casey's cell from the Hopespring home phone. Casey let this call roll to vmail, and Cindy left a 36 second vmail.

@ 3:45PM Kyle called Casey's cell phone and Casey let this one roll to vmail also. At no time during this period does Casey interact w/ her phone.

@ 5:06PM, w/o checking vmail, Casey called G&C's Hopespring home phone from her cell phone @ Tony's apt. for a 3 minute conversation, or left a 3minute answering machine message.

...2 hours pass, w/ no activity on Casey's cell, @ 7:06PM Casey begins a text dialogue w/ Tony while she is still near his apartment. The pings from this conversation indicate Casey left Tony's ~7:06PM.

@ 7:10PM Casey already enroute & unprompted, calls G&C's Hopespring home phone for a 1 minute conversation or answering machine message.

@ 7:36PM Casey arrived @ G&C's Hopespring home.

...between 7:06PM and 9:26PM Casey is engaged in a continuous texting conversation w/ Tony (and a little w/ Amy). The single greatest lapse between their texts was 11minutes @ 8:56 w/ most of them in the 2 minute range.

@ 9:26PM a period of cell inactivity lasting 39minutes begins. (IMHO, this seems to be a good candidate for "the fight")

@ 10:06PM Casey ends the cell inactivity after receiving a text from Tony by placing a call to Tony and talking w/ him for 10minutes (IMHO, this also would seem to be indicative of the fight having just taken place)

@ 10:25PM the heavy texting between Casey and Tony resumes for the balance of the night...with a 40minute break @ 11PM.

Some other things to consider...

IIRC, George was @ work 6/15PM...based on his work schedule he would've been gone or in the process of leaving about the time Cindy & Caylee returned to Hopespring that afternoon.

I believe Caylee's naptime was typically 1-3PM. Since Caylee was @ Shirley's, etc. during her normal naptime, Caylee likely fell asleep in her carseat on the ride back to Hopespring (speculation).

Cindy didn't fire off several calls to Casey to come home. She simply left a vmail. Even when Casey didn't respond. No add'l calls from Cindy.

Casey was casual about coming home. She may have seen the missed call# and known about being called from Hopespring, but, she didn't check her vmail. She simply did her own thing for another couple of hours and called when she was on her way home.

There appears to be an opportunity for Cindy & Caylee to have gone for a swim after arriving @ Hopespring after Caylee, perhaps, finished her nap. Recall they had eaten @ Shirley's. Dunno if they needed to eat again.

By 9:26PM a tired Caylee should've already been in bed asleep. IIRC, Caylee typically co-slept w/ Casey in her room. With George @ work still, and Lee nowhere around, this would've given the rest of the house to Cindy & Casey to have it out. By this time in the evening it would also seem to be quiet enough in the neighborhood that a shouting match would've been overheard...esp. if they carried it out into the backyard...

This scenario would have Casey going into her bedroom (closing the door presumably) with Caylee already asleep after "the fight" if it indeed occurred @ 9:26-10:06PM.

For 6/15 post-fight-smothering theory proponents it would appear Casey had ~35 minutes of cooling off from the time she resumed texting w/ Tony (perhaps in her room w/ Caylee) until a 40minute period of cell inactivity began. Not that Casey would've required more than a few minutes to accomplish a smothering...just that it might entail more than just the act itself. Could also just be something like a time to remove make-up, etc. FWIW.

Hope that helps paint a picture of the day.

Just a thought...

What if the fight between Cindy and KC BEGAN when KC arrived ho,e. Cindy got on her case about the money or something Caylee said. KC stormed into the bedroom with Caylee,slaming the door(but not locking it. did the bedroom doors actually have locks?) struck out in a rage and killed Caylee?

Abit later, Cindy, fuming and thinking of another point to confront KC with, wrenched open the door only to find KC with a dead Caylee. Cindy goes ballistic. THIS is when the alleged 'hands around the throat ' incident occurs.

KC flees the house to hover in the area taking comfort from texts with TonE. She returns later to find Caylee laid out on her WTP blanket and takes the body for disposal.

It might explain why the family ids so desperate to cry SODDI.
Only problems I have with that theory are that I cannot imagine the controlling Cindy (1) allowing Casey to leave that house with Caylee under the circumstances you describe, or (2) calling 911 on July 15.

SNIPPED: "... Per E-Pass records (and consistent w/ statements) it appears Cindy & Caylee returned home to Hopespring ~3PM (see matching Conway toll @ 2:33PM).

Per cell records...

@ 3:35PM Cindy called Casey's cell from the Hopespring home phone. Casey let this call roll to vmail, and Cindy left a 36 second vmail.

@ 3:45PM Kyle called Casey's cell phone and Casey let this one roll to vmail also. At no time during this period does Casey interact w/ her phone....."

This supports my theory that the fight began after Cindy and Caylee arrived home between 2:33/3 p.m., and before Casey left for Tony's, since her cell phone pings were still bouncing from the cell tower nearest the Anthony home at 3:46 p.m., and it sure explains why Casey didn't answer Cindy's 3:35 p.m. call from the Anthony home tel. or check the 30 second voice mail Cindy left her. Casey wasn't interested in any more of Cindy's ya ya.

Only problems I have with that theory are sthat I cannot imagine the controlling Cindy (1) allowing Casey to leave that house with Caylee under the circumstances you describe, or (2) calling 911 on July 15.

I suppose that KC could have sneaked Caylee's body out of the house. I do not believe that Cindy heard breathing nor do I believe George's detailed description either.

BUT those 911 calls confuse me. If Cindy was so panicked, why did she not mention the 'dead body' smell in the first 911 call? In that third call, I do believe that she was panicked. In the first call she did not sound upset, she sounded determined and angry. So what happened between the first, second and third call to send her over the edge? She had smelled the car and cleaned it before she found KC so it wasn't the odour.

I think that Cindy would never call 911 if she knew what happened. I was hoping someone would explain the stumbling block of the call. :) I just can't see Cindy choking KC over money. She already knew that KC was a thief before the 15th.

I suppose that KC could have sneaked Caylee's body out of the house. I do not believe that Cindy heard breathing nor do I believe George's detailed description either.

BUT those 911 calls confuse me. If Cindy was so panicked, why did she not mention the 'dead body' smell in the first 911 call? In that third call, I do believe that she was panicked. In the first call she did not sound upset, she sounded determined and angry. So what happened between the first, second and third call to send her over the edge? She had smelled the car and cleaned it before she found KC so it wasn't the odour.

I think that Cindy would never call 911 if she knew what happened. I was hoping someone would explain the stumbling block of the call. :) I just can't see Cindy choking KC over money. She already knew that KC was a thief before the 15th.
I have yet to hear a plausible explanation for why, if Cindy knew prior to July 15 that Caylee was deceased, she would call 911, but I'm still reading here from time to time.

I think that the choking had to do with their imbalanced mother-daughter dynamics, which had been brewing for a long, long time. The money was simply the trigger that day. Plus I'm sure that Cindy started throwing punches about Casey's lack of responsibility, in general, culminating with her lack of same towards Caylee. <sighs>

I always have such a heavy heart when I am thinking about the real "why" behind what happened.

This supports my theory that the fight began after Cindy and Caylee arrived home between 2:33/3 p.m., and before Casey left for Tony's, since her cell phone pings were still bouncing from the cell tower nearest the Anthony home at 3:46 p.m., and it sure explains why Casey didn't answer Cindy's 3:35 p.m. call from the Anthony home tel. or check the 30 second voice mail Cindy left her. Casey wasn't interested in any more of Cindy's ya ya.

...you may wanna take another look, Chez. :hand:

Casey left for Tony's ~9AM, (about the same time Cindy & Caylee left for Mt. Dora). Casey stayed @ Tony's all day and didn't return to Hopespring until ~7:30PM.

I have yet to hear a plausible explanation for why, if Cindy knew prior to July 15 that Caylee was deceased, she would call 911, but I'm still reading here from time to time.
I think that the choking had to do with their imbalanced mother-daughter dynamics, which had been brewing for a long, long time. The money was simply the trigger that day. Plus I'm sure that Cindy started throwing punches about Casey's lack of responsibility, in general, culminating with her lack of same towards Caylee. <sighs>

I always have such a heavy heart when I am thinking about the real "why" behind what happened.

Bold is mine

What is your theory to explain the differences in Cindy's attitude over the space of the three calls? I can't understand that.

Bold is mine

What is your theory to explain the differences in Cindy's attitude over the space of the three calls? I can't understand that.

I think that Cindy really thought that she could scare Casey into producing Caylee after the first call, after the second call, etc., and when she realized Casey wasn't going to produce Caylee or take Cindy to Caylee, she called the 3rd time b/c she's now desperate to find Caylee.
ETA: It's the only time I've believed anything coming out of Cindy's mouth - she was genuinely thinking of Caylee at that time and only Caylee.

Bold is mine

Jumping in here, but I believe the difference in CA's urgency in the 911 calls is that, in the last one, she had just overheard KC admit to Lee that Caylee had been stolen by the babysitter. Up until that point, CA wasn't putting two and two together, even with the dead body smell etc. Not very sharp.

...you may wanna take another look, Chez. :hand:

Casey left for Tony's ~9AM, (about the same time Cindy & Caylee left for Mt. Dora). Casey stayed @ Tony's all day and didn't return to Hopespring until ~7:30PM.

The cell phone pings from QuietStorm's post here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=243&day=2008-6-15&c=4

"While at or near the Anthony home: PM (subtract 12 from the time to get analog time)
12:51
12:52
13:01
14:39
14:40
14:44
14:45
15:35
15:36
By 15:46, she was back at AL's (3:46 pm); then back home by 19:36 (7:36 pm)
...."

show that Casey was at the Anthony home June 15, from 12:51 p.m. and staying at/around the Anthonys to approx. 3:36 p.m., then leaving again to go to Tony's aptmt. b/twn 3:46 to 7:36.

FWIW...some info to use in lining up theories 'bout what happened 6/15...

Per E-Pass records here it appears that Cindy and Caylee left for Mt. Dora around ~9AM, 6/16 (see Conway toll 9:27AM)

Per cell pings, Casey left G&C's just after ~9AM and arrived @ Tony's ~9:15AM.

Per E-Pass records (and consistent w/ statements) it appears Cindy & Caylee returned home to Hopespring ~3PM (see matching Conway toll @ 2:33PM).

Per cell records...

@ 3:45PM Kyle called Casey's cell phone and Casey let this one roll to vmail also. At no time during this period does Casey interact w/ her phone.

@ 5:06PM, w/o checking vmail, Casey called G&C's Hopespring home phone from her cell phone @ Tony's apt. for a 3 minute conversation, or left a 3minute answering machine message.

...2 hours pass, w/ no activity on Casey's cell, @ 7:06PM Casey begins a text dialogue w/ Tony while she is still near his apartment. The pings from this conversation indicate Casey left Tony's ~7:06PM.

@ 7:10PM Casey already enroute & unprompted, calls G&C's Hopespring home phone for a 1 minute conversation or answering machine message.

@ 7:36PM Casey arrived @ G&C's Hopespring home.

...between 7:06PM and 9:26PM Casey is engaged in a continuous texting conversation w/ Tony (and a little w/ Amy). The single greatest lapse between their texts was 11minutes @ 8:56 w/ most of them in the 2 minute range.

@ 9:26PM a period of cell inactivity lasting 39minutes begins. (IMHO, this seems to be a good candidate for "the fight")

@ 10:06PM Casey ends the cell inactivity after receiving a text from Tony by placing a call to Tony and talking w/ him for 10minutes (IMHO, this also would seem to be indicative of the fight having just taken place)

@ 10:25PM the heavy texting between Casey and Tony resumes for the balance of the night...with a 40minute break @ 11PM.

Some other things to consider...

IIRC, George was @ work 6/15PM...based on his work schedule he would've been gone or in the process of leaving about the time Cindy & Caylee returned to Hopespring that afternoon.

I believe Caylee's naptime was typically 1-3PM. Since Caylee was @ Shirley's, etc. during her normal naptime, Caylee likely fell asleep in her carseat on the ride back to Hopespring (speculation).

Cindy didn't fire off several calls to Casey to come home. She simply left a vmail. Even when Casey didn't respond. No add'l calls from Cindy.

Casey was casual about coming home. She may have seen the missed call# and known about being called from Hopespring, but, she didn't check her vmail. She simply did her own thing for another couple of hours and called when she was on her way home.

There appears to be an opportunity for Cindy & Caylee to have gone for a swim after arriving @ Hopespring after Caylee, perhaps, finished her nap. Recall they had eaten @ Shirley's. Dunno if they needed to eat again.

By 9:26PM a tired Caylee should've already been in bed asleep. IIRC, Caylee typically co-slept w/ Casey in her room. With George @ work still, and Lee nowhere around, this would've given the rest of the house to Cindy & Casey to have it out. By this time in the evening it would also seem to be quiet enough in the neighborhood that a shouting match would've been overheard...esp. if they carried it out into the backyard...

This scenario would have Casey going into her bedroom (closing the door presumably) with Caylee already asleep after "the fight" if it indeed occurred @ 9:26-10:06PM.

For 6/15 post-fight-smothering theory proponents it would appear Casey had ~35 minutes of cooling off from the time she resumed texting w/ Tony (perhaps in her room w/ Caylee) until a 40minute period of cell inactivity began. Not that Casey would've required more than a few minutes to accomplish a smothering...just that it might entail more than just the act itself. Could also just be something like a time to remove make-up, etc. FWIW.

Hope that helps paint a picture of the day.

Oh, my goodness, the 11:00pm time. Didn't GA make a point of thinking about or praying for Kc AT 11:00 during his memorial speech. That just made me wonder what GA really knows.

i think she originally thought she would need a shovel but realized she didnt need it - or simply could not dig up the ground where she dumped the body

i think she inadvertantly left something behind at the dumping spot which ties her directly to the scene

i think she it toast

i think JB knows it and is spinning like a top

Lee gives a great account of this in his interviews.

After the first call CA called GEorge I believe and she was upset, then George called LEE and told him to go over and check on CA and KC - at that time Cindy was just trying to get KC to lead her to Caylee so that they could pick her up on the way back home, but KC kept telling CA that Caylee was sleeping and she didn't want to disturb her "routine" (this was a nice jab at CA because it made CA seem irresponsible for wanting to disrupt Caylee's routine for her selfish reasons).

CA believed Caylee was at someone's house - CA wasn't happy about it so she made the second 911 to get KC scared enough to tell her where Caylee was...however that did not work, KC continued her charade about Caylee being in a strict routine and not wanting to ruin it.

Then LEE arrived and saw his mother placing the second 911 call, she quickly tells LEE what is going on and he then goes into KC's room to try and convince her to let HIM go drive over to where Caylee was and LOOK IN on her sleeping just to make sure she was okay and that he would not wake her.

Cindy did not want this she wanted Caylee home and LEE makes a statement about CA saying she wanted Caylee there to HUG her - (which broke my heart) and they begged KC but KC would not give in.

That is when LEE asked KC what she had to gain by not telling them where Caylee is, why would she not tell them and KC makes her famous reply "because I am a spiteful B**ch".

Then Lee tells KC that LE will be there soon and she will have to give them a reason for not taking them to Caylee and that they are going to DEMAND she do it anyway so why not just tell him where she is and avoid the spectacle of LE getting involved.

From KC's mouth the NANNY story erupts, but with assurances that Caylee was fine and she spoke to her earlier, but that she just didn't know where they were and CA makes the last 911 call in which she puts 2 + 2 together -as in the smell of death in the car and her horrible daughter and that = DEAD CAYLEE.

*What I find so crazy is why CA nor LEE drove to any of those addresses they had for ZG or why they didn't call any of ZG's numbers? Or why GA didn't feel the need to rush home.

Lee gives a great account of this in his interviews.

After the first call CA called GEorge I believe and she was upset, then George called LEE and told him to go over and check on CA and KC - at that time Cindy was just trying to get KC to lead her to Caylee so that they could pick her up on the way back home, but KC kept telling CA that Caylee was sleeping and she didn't want to disturb her "routine" (this was a nice jab at CA because it made CA seem irresponsible for wanting to disrupt Caylee's routine for her selfish reasons).

CA believed Caylee was at someone's house - CA wasn't happy about it so she made the second 911 to get KC scared enough to tell her where Caylee was...however that did not work, KC continued her charade about Caylee being in a strict routine and not wanting to ruin it.

Then LEE arrived and saw his mother placing the second 911 call, she quickly tells LEE what is going on and he then goes into KC's room to try and convince her to let HIM go drive over to where Caylee was and LOOK IN on her sleeping just to make sure she was okay and that he would not wake her.

Cindy did not want this she wanted Caylee home and LEE makes a statement about CA saying she wanted Caylee there to HUG her - (which broke my heart) and they begged KC but KC would not give in.

That is when LEE asked KC what she had to gain by not telling them where Caylee is, why would she not tell them and KC makes her famous reply "because I am a spiteful B**ch".

Then Lee tells KC that LE will be there soon and she will have to give them a reason for not taking them to Caylee and that they are going to DEMAND she do it anyway so why not just tell him where she is and avoid the spectacle of LE getting involved.

From KC's mouth the NANNY story erupts, but with assurances that Caylee was fine and she spoke to her earlier, but that she just didn't know where they were and CA makes the last 911 call in which she puts 2 + 2 together -as in the smell of death in the car and her horrible daughter and that = DEAD CAYLEE.

*What I find so crazy is why CA nor LEE drove to any of those addresses they had for ZG or why they didn't call any of ZG's numbers? Or why GA didn't feel the need to rush home.

Great post. Thanks for the reminders of Lee's detail of the events.

Neither CA nor Lee drove to the "addresses they had for ZG" nor "called any of ZG's numbers" 'cause they never had any. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin