Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!!

Aha! See...I never gave it a second thought he wasn't the father! ;) Glad they ran a retraction, but it still is a hurdle for the prosecution now.

Thanks for the link Panthera. I was curious when I heard this reported on Local morning news yesterday. So many reporters these days do the 'rip and read' from the AP wire without confirming the facts or conflicting information.

Correction: Missing Marine story

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

RALEIGH, N.C. — In stories April 16 and April 17 about slain Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, The Associated Press reported erroneously that tests had confirmed a Marine later suspected in her killing wasn't the father of Lauterbach's unborn child.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2009Apr21/0,4670,MissingMarineCORRECTIVE,00.html
Well good for them! I like a lot of their news but that was REALLY shoddy reporting, especially trying to disconnect the pregnancy from a possible rape as proof that she wasn't raped...yeeeesh!

"Laurean's wife, Lance Cpl. Christina Laurean, also visited him in the Onslow County Jail, McNeil said."

Well this makes me think they are still an item. I don't think she will testify against Laurean. Imo, he will not want her too and she doesn't want to either.

I read on another site she also took their little daughter to see her father in jail.

imo

She also visited him in the mexican jail not too long ago.

I am glad he is back to face justice! What a horrible crime.He is a Marine and he killed a marine shouldn't he be court marshalled and then tried by the state for the death of the baby?

I agree! I feel the USMC might be harder on him after all the press they got from the rape thing! And not protecting Maria.

Wonder if wife is by his side during this or does she have a new life?
I always wondered about her involvement. Storing a body in garage,
painting the room, burying Maria in a pit in the back yard..............

This is the first that I've heard that the baby wasn't Laurean's. So I wonder if he was angry with her because he thought she was pregnant with his child or because she was pregnant with anther man's child? I do think I remember reading that they were an item and attending gatherings together, so he must have felt something for her, Even if it was only as a possession.

I've been trying to follow along but left for a while when he was in Mexico as there didn't seem to be any news.

I'm glad he had to wear a bullet proof vest to court. I hope he poops his pants every time he has to walk into a courtroom. While I wish he was eligible for the death penalty, living in fear is the next best thing.

JMO

I am glad he is back to face justice! What a horrible crime.He is a Marine and he killed a marine shouldn't he be court marshalled and then tried by the state for the death of the baby?

State criminal laws in NC does not recognize Gabriel's death. By state law he can only be charged in the death of Maria. Sheriff Ed Brown is trying to appeal to the NC lawmakers to change that law.

Usually the military will not get involved in state cases. Had these crimes happened on base then they would have jurisdiction but it happened off base in Jacksonville where local LE have full jurisdiction.

imo

This is the first that I've heard that the baby wasn't Laurean's. So I wonder if he was angry with her because he thought she was pregnant with his child or because she was pregnant with anther man's child? I do think I remember reading that they were an item and attending gatherings together, so he must have felt something for her, Even if it was only as a possession.

I've been trying to follow along but left for a while when he was in Mexico as there didn't seem to be any news.

I'm glad he had to wear a bullet proof vest to court. I hope he poops his pants every time he has to walk into a courtroom. While I wish he was eligible for the death penalty, living in fear is the next best thing.

JMO

I really don't know his motivation. The most puzzling thing for me to this day is why she came to his home on her own free will.

Who really knows......but maybe he couldn't let go of his rage if he knew he hadn't raped her or knew he wasn't the father of her child. Maybe he raged that his Marine Corps career had been ruined by these allegations. This had been lingering for months on end and he probably had anger and hatred building for a very long time.

imo

I agree! I feel the USMC might be harder on him after all the press they got from the rape thing! And not protecting Maria.

Wonder if wife is by his side during this or does she have a new life?
I always wondered about her involvement. Storing a body in garage,
painting the room, burying Maria in a pit in the back yard..............

I think the Marine Corps wants him out and disconnected from them for good.

I read an article that stated he has agreed and is going to sign discharge papers. I am sure it will be a dishonorable discharge due to being AWOL.

imoo

He's not the father? well thats a shocker to me. I always figured he was.

Yes. The same woman who conveniently gave Cesar enough time to get out of the country. The same woman who should be charged right along beside him, imo.

I hope they followed her every move to know she is "standing by her man" after he murdered his lover and child then burned them in her backyard (imo)! There is certainly something wrong with this picture!

The same woman who "didn't notice" her bloodstained walls -- even when she helped re-paint them.

He's not the father? well thats a shocker to me. I always figured he was.

A correction with link was posted above:

RALEIGH, N.C. — In stories April 16 and April 17 about slain Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, The Associated Press reported erroneously that tests had confirmed a Marine later suspected in her killing wasn't the father of Lauterbach's unborn child.

Wonder if Cesar's attorney will point the finger at Christina for the murder and she will point her finger back at Cesar and then they will both refuse to testify against eachother????

"Laurean's wife, Lance Cpl. Christina Laurean, also visited him in the Onslow County Jail, McNeil said."

Well this makes me think they are still an item. I don't think she will testify against Laurean. Imo, he will not want her too and she doesn't want to either.

I read on another site she also took their little daughter to see her father in jail.

imo
Here's what really gets me. Maria's burned & decomposing body (and that of her unborn child) are in a "fire pit" in the Laureans' back yard. There is blood evidence in the house and garage, showing that she was killed at their home. What reasonable woman would still be standing beside her husband ~ unless she also had part in the crime? In my opinion, by her own actions in supporting him, she's condoning what he did ~ Maria didn't bury herself and set herself on fire post-mortem. :mad: MOO

Wonder if Cesar's attorney will point the finger at Christina for the murder and she will point her finger back at Cesar and then they will both refuse to testify against eachother????
I don't think it would be too far from the truth for the defense to point that finger. ;) MOO

Here's what really gets me. Maria's burned & decomposing body (and that of her unborn child) are in a "fire pit" in the Laureans' back yard. There is blood evidence in the house and garage, showing that she was killed at their home. What reasonable woman would still be standing beside her husband ~ unless she also had part in the crime? In my opinion, by her own actions in supporting him, she's condoning what he did ~ Maria didn't bury herself and set herself on fire post-mortem. :mad: MOO

I certainly believe you are right and I am still not convinced she didn't have a hand in this. It is the job of the DA and LE to promote they have a strong airtight case but we will see.

I just don't think any woman could be that oblivious to everything around her. I just don't. But I have seen men and women both be in total denial and will stand by their man or woman. Don't understand it myself but I do know it happens.

BTW/Nice to see you. :blowkiss:

imo

Well this is certainly confusing....is he the father or not??

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooby_Cluebie_Doo
Back