Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!!

I certainly believe you are right and I am still not convinced she didn't have a hand in this. It is the job of the DA and LE to promote they have a strong airtight case but we will see.

I just don't think any woman could be that oblivious to everything around her. I just don't. But I have seen men and women both be in total denial and will stand by their man or woman. Don't understand it myself but I do know it happens.

BTW/Nice to see you. :blowkiss:

imo
It's nice to see you again too, ocean! :blowkiss: I'll certainly agree people can be oblivious but this woman is supposed to be a Marine herself, so I don't see her as a battered wife who can't see herself living without him. That's one huge reason I can't see her staying with him unless she at least took part in covering up the crime ~ and if she did ~ she's just as bad as he is, imo. It's not like there's much question that someone in the house killed Maria with her burned remains being in the back yard. MOO

Gag order issued in Laurean case
[SIZE=-1]ENC Today - Jacksonville,NC,USA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]An Onslow County judge has issued a gag order in the Cesar Laurean case, according to court documents made public today.[/SIZE]

Well, at least Laurean is back in North Carolina! The gag order just guarantees that we will know nothing until trial - whenever that may be. I wonder when?

Well, at least Laurean is back in North Carolina! The gag order just guarantees that we will know nothing until trial - whenever that may be. I wonder when?
I'd guess early next year. :)

Correction: Missing Marine story

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

RALEIGH, N.C. — In stories April 16 and April 17 about slain Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, The Associated Press reported erroneously that tests had confirmed a Marine later suspected in her killing wasn't the father of Lauterbach's unborn child.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2009Apr21/0,4670,MissingMarineCORRECTIVE,00.html

Didn't they do a DNA test when the bodies were discovered, or did we all just assume the baby was his:confused:

It's nice to see you again too, ocean! :blowkiss: I'll certainly agree people can be oblivious but this woman is supposed to be a Marine herself, so I don't see her as a battered wife who can't see herself living without him. That's one huge reason I can't see her staying with him unless she at least took part in covering up the crime ~ and if she did ~ she's just as bad as he is, imo. It's not like there's much question that someone in the house killed Maria with her burned remains being in the back yard. MOO

You are absolutely right and I think McNeil is going to try to throw in reasonable doubt about who really was the one that killed Maria. Laurean has already admitted that he buried her there.

If LE found no forensic evidence on the crowbar and it may have been cleaned before handing it back to the friend, then I expect that they will have a high powered expert on the defense's side that will come in and state in their opinion the fracture to Maria's head were done after she had died and was due to the heat. Also the ME could not say with certainty that the slash to Maria's throat was done after death so, imoo, McNeil will have an expert say it happened before Maria died to tie in with the suicide theory.

I just don't visualize her as a battered woman. The Marine Corps was everything to Laurean. The Marine Corps is coming down hard on those who commit domestic violence and imo, Laurean would not want any blemish on his record. Before this happened he was an outstanding Marine who had already been meritoriously promoted.

So for me that leaves two options when it comes to Christina. She is really that dumb, naive and not a very observant person even in her own home and truly believes his *advertiser censored* and bull story from beginning to end.

Or she stays with him because she knows too much and perhaps participated in the crime and it is much better to stay married and protected by marital privilege where it protects them both from incrimination.

imo

You are absolutely right and I think McNeil is going to try to throw in reasonable doubt about who really was the one that killed Maria. Laurean has already admitted that he buried her there.

If LE found no forensic evidence on the crowbar and it may have been cleaned before handing it back to the friend, then I expect that they will have a high powered expert on the defense's side that will come in and state in their opinion the fracture to Maria's head were done after she had died and was due to the heat. Also the ME could not say with certainty that the slash to Maria's throat was done after death so, imoo, McNeil will have an expert say it happened before Maria died to tie in with the suicide theory.

I just don't visualize her as a battered woman. The Marine Corps was everything to Laurean. The Marine Corps is coming down hard on those who commit domestic violence and imo, Laurean would not want any blemish on his record. Before this happened he was an outstanding Marine who had already been meritoriously promoted.

So for me that leaves two options when it comes to Christina. She is really that dumb, naive and not a very observant person even in her own home and truly believes his *advertiser censored* and bull story from beginning to end.

Or she stays with him because she knows too much and perhaps participated in the crime and it is much better to stay married and protected by marital privilege where it protects them both from incrimination.

imo
I believe your last paragraph says it all ~ she can't be forced to testify against him. I also believe the defense will use any absence of evidence against Cesar to their best advantage, implying that someone else committed the crime or continue with Maria killing herself. Not that I think the suicide theory will work though, unless they insert the fear that both Laureans would have of being connected to her death as the reason she was buried in the back yard. MOO

Didn't they do a DNA test when the bodies were discovered, or did we all just assume the baby was his:confused:

They have to have a DNA sample of Gabriel and a DNA sample of Laurean to verify if he was the father.

I have always found it very odd that they said (months later) that they were going to wait until Laurean returned to get his DNA. DNA of Laurean's was everywhere in that home. They didn't need to wait for his return. They are identifying people today by a simple strand of hair and I am sure they could have found hair samples belonging to him or an older toothbrush he had used or left behind clothing.

I think they did test and his DNA didn't match as being the father and then that is why they are saying they are going to test his DNA when he returned.

If Gabriel is not Laurean's child then that will be a big mystery why Laurean killed Maria and a child not even his.

How will McNeil use this if indeed Gabriel is not Laureans? I think if that turns out to be the case then McNeil will use it in his CIC, somehow.

The other mystery that I hope is answered is why Maria ever went to his place to begin with.

I would have felt much more comfortable if they had charged Laurean with kidnapping but they did not and there has to be a reason for that.

imoo

I believe your last paragraph says it all ~ she can't be forced to testify against him. I also believe the defense will use any absence of evidence against Cesar to their best advantage, implying that someone else committed the crime or continue with Maria killing herself. Not that I think the suicide theory will work though, unless they insert the fear that both Laureans would have of being connected to her death as the reason she was buried in the back yard. MOO

I think McNeil will continue to promote the idea that Laurean panicked when Maria killed herself (his theory not mine) and he was young and didn't know what to do and felt he would be blamed for her death. A scared 21 year old with a family and a military career.

imo

I think McNeil will continue to promote the idea that Laurean panicked when Maria killed herself (his theory not mine) and he was young and didn't know what to do and felt he would be blamed for her death. A scared 21 year old with a family and a military career.

imo
I think that's what the defense will do too.

About the DNA, didn't the USMC have a DNA sample from Laurean? I remember some discussion about it and if it could be used to identify paternity. I don't remember the outcome though. :confused:

I think that's what the defense will do too.

About the DNA, didn't the USMC have a DNA sample from Laurean? I remember some discussion about it and if it could be used to identify paternity. I don't remember the outcome though. :confused:

Yes, they do. That has been standard protocol for quite a few years now. Our son's DNA was taken. Iirc, my son said his is on file in Washington, D.C.

BUT they are very reluctant to give these samples to anyone since they are only taken for the purpose of being able to identify them in case they are casualties of war.

DNA can be obtained by the State just as easily. They had lots of samples to pick from in the home he regularly lived in. The military really rarely gets involved in State tried cases. They only reason that they did the second autopsy on Maria and Gabriel was she was a Marine also.

imo

Yes, they do. That has been standard protocol for quite a few years now. Our son's DNA was taken. Iirc, my son said his is on file in Washington, D.C.

BUT they are very reluctant to give these samples to anyone since they are only taken for the purpose of being able to identify them in case they are casualties of war.

DNA can be obtained by the State just as easily. They had lots of samples to pick from in the home he regularly lived in. The military really rarely gets involved in State tried cases. They only reason that they did the second autopsy on Maria and Gabriel was she was a Marine also.

imo
Thanks for the info! I'd just forgotten if his DNA that was already on file had been used but I can also see the reasoning not to for paternity testing ~ just in case it would be needed to identify Cesar himself.

I live in Jacksonville, NC and have been surprised by the lack of press coverage now that he is back in town and the case is progressing.

We had one local story about the gag order and then one local story about the gag order being lifted. Other than that, I haven't heard anything new.

I don't know if this has been talked about, but they did put his house up for auction. Apparently, one person showed up for the auction and immediately decided their asking price was far too high.

Cesar Laurean arraignment delayed
[SIZE=-1]WNCT - Greenville,NC,USA[/SIZE]

Published: May 14, 2009

Cesar Laurean’s next court date has been pushed back.
The State and the defense agreed to reschedule the Marine’s arraignment from May 18 to June 8 in Onslow County Superior Court.

***B R E A K I N G N E W S***
Per wect.com, 5-15-09, 6pm newscast

Forensic results show that Corporal Cesar Laurean is not the father of Maria's unborn child!

I'll provide a linK for you all when the story is posted to the website.

Wow! I am shocked!

***B R E A K I N G N E W S***
Per wect.com, 5-15-09, 6pm newscast

Forensic results show that Corporal Cesar Laurean is not the father of Maria's unborn child!

I'll provide a linK for you all when the story is posted to the website.

Wow! I am shocked!
I'm not all that shocked but now I am definitely wondering if Laurean knew at the time of Maria's death that the baby wasn't his. :waitasec:

He may have found out that day???
This is what I'm trying to figure out! It would be simple if he believed the baby to be his, to come up with a motive ~ avoid child support and preserve his marriage. If he knew the child wasn't his, then was it rage at her having lied to him previously? Or???:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back