Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the video tribute...I think this is what they may have passed on in the press packets they handed out to the press yesterday. This just rips out your heart watching and listening....a real tear jerker. :cry:

Coleman Triple Murder Video Tribute

I am so thankful that LE was able to arrest CC so quickly! SO THANKFUL! When I think of all the unsolved cases out there it makes my heart cry! I woke up 20 minutes ago...it is 4:50 am out here in the northwest. And I was reading a post from a woman whose daughter and granddaughter were murdered five years ago. (Yes, the Wix girls). Their murderer still roams free and where the bodies of the girls remains a mystery. "Miimi" still holds on to a shred of hope that they survived. LE says they haven't. What a hell to be in. This is what she said:

"I was cleaning out the garage and closets this weekend........where all of Jennifer and Adrianna's things are stored.......clothes, toys, shoes, pictures, mementos of Jenn's from her short life and Adrianna's...........all these things stuck in time........stuck on March 25th 2004.........I realized, that no matter how much I want them to come back and reclaim their things, it is likely not going to happen. I tried to smell their things, just to see if there was still a scent of them left behind........but there's not......they are gone. All I could do, is stop and say a prayer for them, that wherever they are, they are safe and happy and cry for their young, innocent lives......taken too soon from a world that needs more people like them and a family who loves and misses them very much. It still seems so surreal that this has actually happened and that my loving, beautiful daughter and her sweet baby were taken from this world soooooooo..............."

Sorry this is pretty much O/T, but it really isn't. I really am thankful for these cases where they are resolved quickly! And I am praying hard this early AM for the friends and families of unresolved cases! It is overwhelming, but I know God will serve justice on the evil ones who killed them! All of them!

Thank you for the link rollinon.

What a beautiful family.

How could he?

:(
fran

You are welcome, fran. Exactly...how could he? :mad:

Look at those happy faces! You can see how much they enjoyed life...and then to have them snuffed out in the blink of an eye and for what--a selffish monster only worried about himself?? They all had so much to look forward to and so much to live for! God...what a crying shame!

I am so thankful that LE was able to arrest CC so quickly! SO THANKFUL! When I think of all the unsolved cases out there it makes my heart cry! I woke up 20 minutes ago...it is 4:50 am out here in the northwest. And I was reading a post from a woman whose daughter and granddaughter were murdered five years ago. (Yes, the Wix girls). Their murderer still roams free and where the bodies of the girls remains a mystery. "Miimi" still holds on to a shred of hope that they survived. LE says they haven't. What a hell to be in. This is what she said:

"I was cleaning out the garage and closets this weekend........where all of Jennifer and Adrianna's things are stored.......clothes, toys, shoes, pictures, mementos of Jenn's from her short life and Adrianna's...........all these things stuck in time........stuck on March 25th 2004.........I realized, that no matter how much I want them to come back and reclaim their things, it is likely not going to happen. I tried to smell their things, just to see if there was still a scent of them left behind........but there's not......they are gone. All I could do, is stop and say a prayer for them, that wherever they are, they are safe and happy and cry for their young, innocent lives......taken too soon from a world that needs more people like them and a family who loves and misses them very much. It still seems so surreal that this has actually happened and that my loving, beautiful daughter and her sweet baby were taken from this world soooooooo..............."

Sorry this is pretty much O/T, but it really isn't. I really am thankful for these cases where they are resolved quickly! And I am praying hard this early AM for the friends and families of unresolved cases! It is overwhelming, but I know God will serve justice on the evil ones who killed them! All of them!

Oh my...that is so sad. I know from whence she speaks and although my son wasn't murdered, he's still gone and I find myself doing the same things that she does....I go in his room and smell things and wishing he'd come back and take up where he left off. Gosh, I feel for her.... :cry:

You are welcome, fran. Exactly...how could he? :mad:

Look at those happy faces! You can see how much they enjoyed life...and then to have them snuffed out in the blink of an eye and for what--a selffish monster only worried about himself?? They all had so much to look forward to and so much to live for! God...what a crying shame!

And is it just the ease of the internet, or are these monsters starting to increase? I know one thing, LE is having a harder time arresting many of them because the laws are starting to protect the criminals more and more. Search warrants are harder to get, for example. The fear of "big brother is watching" made judges more leery of signing warrants without HUGE probable cause.

But, would tougher laws stop this senselessness? Its obvious to us that CC would have been arrested and not obvious to him? What gives?

Oh my...that is so sad. I know from whence she speaks and although my son wasn't murdered, he's still gone and I find myself doing the same things that she does....I go in his room and smell things and wishing he'd come back and take up where he left off. Gosh, I feel for her.... :cry:

I will let her know that you understand! She is a member of WS, her hat is KHolloway.

And is it just the ease of the internet, or are these monsters starting to increase? I know one thing, LE is having a harder time arresting many of them because the laws are starting to protect the criminals more and more. Search warrants are harder to get, for example. The fear of "big brother is watching" made judges more leery of signing warrants without HUGE probable cause.

But, would tougher laws stop this senselessness? Its obvious to us that CC would have been arrested and not obvious to him? What gives?

I think there ARE more and more of these creeps out there. But why? Why are these people doing things that were so much less unheard of than, let's say, 10 or 20 years ago. Have people developed a totally different mindset or what? Seems that people have so much less self control, that their triggers are shorter, and that they have less respect for life in general and for others. Why?

I think that the laws ARE favoring criminals much more than they used to and I think that's a definite mistake! If one is not afraid of the consequences, they are more inclined to commit crimes of this nature. It's a sad situation IMO

I thought he 'resigned' because he violated some policy but I don't think it specifically said it was because he was using this house. The home is owned by a married couple with their mailing address being the same as their taxing address - which means it is owner occupied and not a rental. IMO CC has had nothing to do with this house since May 2005.
I would have to find the article which stated it was part of the reason, but the moral conduct code was the real issue and using her house to meet MM was another.

Are you certain you have the right house? Everything I have read so far has said the house belongs to JMM and was purchased for their head of security. Maybe they purchased more than one house in the same neighborhood. It was reported that LE went into the house to gather evidence, IIRC. Makes no sense if it is occupied by someone else. The house is supposed to be vacant.

A police surveillance camera could be an important part of the Coleman murder investigation. The camera is mounted near the water town at the Columbia Lakes subdivision. It is in that subdivision where Sheri Coleman died along with her two sons on May 5th. Sheri's husband, the father of the two boys, has been charged with their murders.

~snip~

The company can't talk about any clues in the Coleman murder investigation. Neither can police. But based on this camera's location it could give exact times on when the suspect and father, Chris Coleman, left the neighborhood, when he returned, or whether anyone else suspicious drove in and out. All pieces that could be crucial to solve the murder of Sheri Coleman and her two kids.

http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-fox-files-surveillance-camera-coleman-052609,0,2657263.story

My apologies if this article has already been discussed...seems this may have been the tool used to narrow down the time he actually left the area and may have led LE to the 'only suspect.'
Thank you, Chico! No, this particular article I haven't seen. We knew there was supposed to be a surveillance camera from the city, but I don't recall any mention of exactly where it was located. LE had given a specifics time of 5:43 am and 6:51 am which meant they did know to the minute. It has been mentioned it was possibly trained on his house due to the threats.

The camera is capable of shooting a 360 degree view, which would include the water tower, the only road in and out of the neighborhood, and the surrounding highways. It is part of a network of at least 6 cameras in Columbia operated by VisionAble Surveillance Solutions, a company in West County that helps police and businesses solve crimes around the world.

http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-fox-files-surveillance-camera-coleman-052609,0,2657263.story

I will let her know that you understand! She is a member of WS, her hat is KHolloway.

Please do Kimster! Let her know that I understand and my thoughts are definitely with her! It's so hard ...while most people are moving on with their lives, you are just kind of hung there in time not knowing what to do to make it any better because you can't do anything to "fix" it. Life kind of stands still. Mothers and grandmothers should be able to "fix it" for their kids and grandkids. And not knowing where they are has got to so much worse than yet. So please do let her know that I am thinking of her!! :)

Do we know anything about Derek? I can't remember who it was, but someone said that he is CC's best friend, and that he lives behind JMM. Does he work for JMM? Will he get canned if he knew anything about CC's affairs?

Also, does anyone know if JMM has her employee's sign a confidentiality agreement, so if they get fired they can't spill the beans on Larry King?

This whole thing could just open a big ol' can of worms!
No. We don't know anything about him.

<snipped>

"Carey also filed court documents Tuesday asking the ministry — based nearby in Jefferson County — about life insurance policies, safe deposit boxes, pensions, overheard conversations, travel records and other information.

Roby Walker, a spokesman for Joyce Meyer, said the organization is working "together with representatives of Sheri Coleman's family and are gathering the information requested."

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...CFC29B1B960B209F862575C3000B29DA?OpenDocument

Last night I was going through some old papers and came across some pamplets from my local Family Violence Center. One of the pamplets was entitled "Assessing Whether Abusers Will Kill". Two of the points mentioned which really struck me were:

"Fantasies of Homicide or Suicide" - The more the abuser has developed a fantasy about who, how, when and/or where to kill, the more dangerous he may be.

"Seperation Violence" - When an abuser believes that he is about to lose his partner or he can't envision life without her or if the separation causes him great despair and/or rage, he may choose to kill.

I bring this up because ever since I heard about the way CC treated Sheri's family over the funeral, her posessions and access to the house it just screamed "CONTROL" issues to me. Anyone that is familiar with an abuser will know that control is everything to them. The way in which the crimes were committed and the messages left on the walls also spoke to me of the perpetrator being filled with a huge amount of rage. Then there is the possible premeditation factor with the threats/notes. While we don't know for a fact that CC was abusive, I have to admit that from what I have seen so far in this case, I think he was. If he was, and Sheri was considering divorce then she could have been in much more danger than she ever realized. JMO, MOO, IMO

Thank you for posting Melly. I see you've been a member for a while, but I've never met you before. Welcome. :)

FWIW, in these types of cases, USUALLY wife disappearance/murders, the first thing I PERSONALLY look for is the 'possessiveness' of the surviving spouse. IMHO, that can be but a peep-hole look into the goings-on behind that closed door. It showed up in the Laci Peterson case early on, both vehicles in the husband's name, his pettiness over protecting his possessions with LE, when WHO? thinks of that type of thing when you're discussing the disappearance of your very pregnant wife?

The first sign to me of abuse in a marriage is control which is indicated by possessiveness.

But then again, who would know it COULD lead to murder?
That is,..............until it's too late.:(

JMHO
fran

Do we know anything about Derek? I can't remember who it was, but someone said that he is CC's best friend, and that he lives behind JMM. Does he work for JMM? Will he get canned if he knew anything about CC's affairs?

Also, does anyone know if JMM has her employee's sign a confidentiality agreement, so if they get fired they can't spill the beans on Larry King?

I think that Chestergal may have posted the link to Derek Doiron, CC's friend:

http://www.highpraises.net/youth/derek-doiron.htm

You can really tell in that photo that Mario had been sobbing. :( Poor fella. My heart really goes out to him. He loved his sister and those boys so much. (Btw~ I see the ribbon in black and white on his lapel.)

Search warrants are harder to get, for example. The fear of "big brother is watching" made judges more leery of signing warrants without HUGE probable cause.

I don't know about anyone else but personally, I don't care if "big brother" watches me because I don't have anything to hide.

I would have to find the article which stated it was part of the reason, but the moral conduct code was the real issue and using her house to meet MM was another.

Are you certain you have the right house? Everything I have read so far has said the house belongs to JMM and was purchased for their head of security. Maybe they purchased more than one house in the same neighborhood. It was reported that LE went into the house to gather evidence, IIRC. Makes no sense if it is occupied by someone else. The house is supposed to be vacant.

I assume this was the house in Affton that the police roped off right after the murders.

I thought this house was still owned by JMM. I might be getting my facts and rumors mixed up, but was not this the house the Coleman family lived in before moving to Columbia?

Most of us assumed that CC was using this place for his rendevous with whatever. I just want to throw this out there...it was since 2005 since the Coleman's lived at this residence. Could there be any other reason that LE placed so much importance on this house other than the assumption that CC was getting it on with the gal of the moment?

I assume this was the house in Affton that the police roped off right after the murders.

I thought this house was still owned by JMM. I might be getting my facts and rumors mixed up, but was not this the house the Coleman family lived in before moving to Columbia?

Most of us assumed that CC was using this place for his rendevous with whatever. I just want to throw this out there...it was since 2005 since the Coleman's lived at this residence. Could there be any other reason that LE placed so much importance on this house other than the assumption that CC was getting it on with the gal of the moment?

After reading the info kindly supplied earlier regarding JMM and TL - I am still wondering if JM had been introduced TL as a "friend of the family", and if she had been welcomed as a part of the the Florida entourage?

Derek is the Associate Pastor at Grace and he lives in a house right behind Grace, which is also owned by Grace. He and CC are best friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea