Ping Map for June 17, 2008 - Discuss that day only

Maybe she had the laptop right next to the desktop and was transferring files? While she was waiting for them to download on the laptop, she was surfing on the other?

Good point, this could cause the discrepancy in file access count.

There is no e-Pass transactions on 06/16/08. But your point is well taken, he could have left earlier. That would leave KC using both computers at the same time.
The 16th or the 17th? Now, I am really confused.

To clarify, there are not e-Pass transactions between 06/15 and 06/26. So GA must have not gone that way during his work commute.

On June 17th later in the day Casey took TonE's jeep and visited Chris S's house. Other than her pinging around the A household that afternoon I have no clue what else she was up to on that day.

Did the document dump computer tower records not show what site was being visited at each time period on June 17th? Because if the home computer was accessing George-type sites and the laptop was accessing Casey-type sites (like Facebook, Myspace, etc.) *AND* if at that same time Casey's cellphone was pinging at or near the A family home then logic would dictate that Casey and George were either sitting in the same house at the same time or that Casey was outside the house on her laptop accessing their airwaves with her laptop nearby.

And, if she and George were in fact in the house together (which we do not know that they were) then that would be totally contradictory to his current testimony.

That's a very good possibility, AE. One I had not considered. That one goes in the list of things to consider. But we still have the issue of:

The laptop was not used prior to 2 pm or later on the 17th.
It began to be used (for whatever reason) extensively at that time and continuously from some where just past 2 pm up to 5 pm (George is now at work for 2 hours); it has a two hour break of no activity and then is used from 7 pm to 11 pm (and we have photobucket activity that ties KC to this activity).

So, while your thought is worthy of consideration, it doesn't answer everything!

We don't have anything in the docs that prove where the laptop accessed each time it was in use do we? She could have had it with her when she left. If she was in fact looking for her daughter (I know, not a popular thought but it hasn't been proven otherwise yet) then she wouldn't likely be on it all of the time and could have been on it during those first days, trying to track down this mysterious person.

Either of the computers could have had scheduled maintenance at any time of their choosing, even when not at home. I have my regulars scheduled for during the night because they are all so active the rest of the time. The other extra scans I do periodically run whenever it is convenient. George (or Casey) could have set either of them to run after he (or she) left. Some scans take 2-3 hours on my computer. Both computers could have been running from two different locations. Perhaps she even had the ability to access the computer remotely through a network. That is possible isn't it?

My virus protection software and Windows security updates are set to download automatically. There is no specific time for this as far as I know. Could activities like these affect the file count?

We don't have anything in the docs that prove where the laptop accessed each time it was in use do we? She could have had it with her when she left. If she was in fact looking for her daughter (I know, not a popular thought but it hasn't been proven otherwise yet) then she wouldn't likely be on it all of the time and could have been on it during those first days, trying to track down this mysterious person.

Unless she was looking for her in Blockbuster or TL's TV screen, I doubt this is the case.

Either of the computers could have had scheduled maintenance at any time of their choosing, even when not at home. I have my regulars scheduled for during the night because they are all so active the rest of the time. The other extra scans I do periodically run whenever it is convenient. George (or Casey) could have set either of them to run after he (or she) left. Some scans take 2-3 hours on my computer.

You are correct. The only drawback on this theory is that the type of file activity should have been fairly even (i.e. when a defrag takes place it will move the file to a new location and remove it from it's previously location). The activity during the period in question is predominantly CREATED files (on the laptop, we can't tell on the desktop). Which would point to, if anything, a transfer of files from the desktop to the laptop.

I don't see what the issue is with remote access, considering her cell phone pings place in the area of the Anthony home.

So, yes, the transfer of files from desktop to laptop by KC could eliminate the possibility of GA being in the home when she is, but I don't see anything that eliminates KC being in the home.

Unless she was looking for her in Blockbuster or TL's TV screen, I doubt this is the case.

You are correct. The only drawback on this theory is that the type of file activity should have been fairly even (i.e. when a defrag takes place it will move the file to a new location and remove it from it's previously location). The activity during the period in question is predominantly CREATED files (on the laptop, we can't tell on the desktop). Which would point to, if anything, a transfer of files from the desktop to the laptop.

I don't see what the issue is with remote access, considering her cell phone pings place in the area of the Anthony home.

So, yes, the transfer of files from desktop to laptop by KC could eliminate the possibility of GA being in the home when she is, but I don't see anything that eliminates KC being in the home.

Doesn't adware or a virus create files too? If a scan is running would it look differently than what this is showing? Would defrag look different? I don't know, that's why I'm asking. If it is moving files around would it appear to be creating a new one?

The cell pings would be the same if she were at her friend Christina's, at her brother's or a number of other places too, wouldn't they? I'm not saying she couldn't have come back home that afternoon. I'm just saying she could have been somewhere else too, and pinged those towers.

PS: Blockbuster was the night before. Also, if she originally thought she wasn't in danger then she would continue some normal activity at least part of the time. Her behavior started getting strange, calling strange numbers, wandering around all night, late this night and the next. IF she originally thought someone was messing with her and would return her daughter then she might have just simply tried to track her down, making some of those strange calls.

Either of the computers could have had scheduled maintenance at any time of their choosing, even when not at home. I have my regulars scheduled for during the night because they are all so active the rest of the time. The other extra scans I do periodically run whenever it is convenient. George (or Casey) could have set either of them to run after he (or she) left. Some scans take 2-3 hours on my computer. Both computers could have been running from two different locations. Perhaps she even had the ability to access the computer remotely through a network. That is possible isn't it?
Though there's always that possibility, George just doesn't seem like the type IMO who schedules scans.

Well, she had to have returned at some point to take (I'm being nice) the laptop...that day works as good as any. G and C both knew that Casey came back to the house more than once. I don't think we do know what sites she visited , but it would sure be interesting to know to see what her mindset was at the time.

See post #30 of this thread. Items that stick out and poke me in the eye are that she uploaded the Father's Day video to the laptop around 3:31 and that the neighbor witnesses the pontiac backed in the garage that day (earlier in the day)

See post #30 of this thread. Items that stick out and poke me in the eye are that she uploaded the Father's Day video to the laptop around 3:31 and that the neighbor witnesses the pontiac backed in the garage that day (earlier in the day)
I always thought that she was no doubt loading her belongings into the trunk. I'm not convinced Caylee was one of them THAT day.

There is very light laptop activity from 12AM to 1AM the morning of the 17th, after Tony and KC finish their movies.

There is also moderate to heavy activity from 1 PM to 2PM on the 17th.

IMHO, both are KC from Tony's. At 2:00 PM KC leaves Tony's for her parent's home. She arrives around 2:30, maybe 2:25. The reason there is a lot of activity on both computers at this time is not because George is there - he is long gone. It is because KC is doing a mass copy of files from the desktop to the laptop.

There is very light laptop activity from 12AM to 1AM the morning of the 17th, after Tony and KC finish their movies.

IMHO, both are KC from Tony's. At 2:00 PM KC leaves Tony's for her parent's home. She arrives around 2:30, maybe 2:25. The reason there is a lot of activity on both computers at this time is not because George is there - he is long gone. It is because KC is doing a mass copy of files from the desktop to the laptop.

I believe the activity from midnight to 1 am on the 17th is system activity. I say this because if you will notice there is a one hour gap in the desktop activity (where it appears that George stepped away for a while) that has the exact file count. Also, (though it looks darker on the desktop), the laptop appears to be only accesses to files. I can see this being some kind of system response on a day roll-over.

the activity from 1 to 2 pm on the 16th has got to be system activity. That or some one just making the screensaver wake up, but it is definitely not surfing activity.

SNIPPED: "...the activity from 1 to 2 pm on the 16th has got to be system activity. That or some one just making the screensaver wake up, but it is definitely not surfing activity.
Would you please explain further how you arrive at the opinion that the activity is not from surfing?
TIA

To clarify, there are not e-Pass transactions between 06/15 and 06/26. So GA must have not gone that way during his work commute.

Was GA assigned to a different work location on 7-15 than the one referenced here on 6-17 through 6-26?

On 7-15, IIRC he used an E-Z Pass route to go to his work office between 2:30 and 3 (after picking up the car at Johnson's) and then later from there to the location at Fashion Square Mall at 5:30 and E-Z Pass records show both routes. It also looks to me as if he could have easily not used that route if he had wanted and gone back home to help in the cleanup for an hour or so before returning to the office and then leaving from there to report to the work site.

I know that JB has requested cell records for both CA and GA; I wonder if LE is tracking GA's ping movements as well during that time, as it would be useful to see if and when he was at the home. I have a feeling that KC may have waited each day to see him leave and figure the coast was clear for her to enter the house to steal food, clothes, etc. He seemed awfully surprised seeing her there on the 24th, as she was still supposedly in Tampa handling "Zanny's" hospital stay.

I'm also wondering what sort of story KC gave CA in regards to taking her laptop; I'd always figured she said she needed to use it for her "event planner" job, but since it was kept at home until the 17th, it would seem that would have also been a red flag to CA that KC was not planning on coming back any time soon if it suddenly disappeared from the house. She certainly never mentioned it to LE in any interviews.

JWG - Would you so kindly elaborate re: how you arrive at conclusion that there's a mass copying of files taking place vs. some other computer activity?
TIA

How did Casey know about the Father's Day video TO download it that day? Did Cindy tell her about it or show it to her when she got back with Caylee? We are missing so many details of THAT day that it is difficult to fill in some of these blanks. THAT she downloaded THAT video, and on THAT day is very signifigant-considering when we have surmised that Caylee met with her demise.-the 15th or the 16th. It was the LAST living breathing record of Caylee. What motivated her to download it? Guilt? Sorrow? Or did she just want to show it to her "friends" to gain some more attention for herself? If the shovel incident was the 17th and she only kept it for one hour, and she was backed into the garage-perhaps what she buried in the back yard was NOT Caylee but something else? Blood soaked rags? Caylee's clothing? The towel she suffocated her with? Perhaps THAT day-the 17th, was when she dug whatever IT was back up again...or buried it then. Perhaps whatever she buried was discovered by George and Cindy-hence the search of their own back-yard remarks? Perhaps Cindy KNOWS there is NO EVIDENCE because she and George are the ones who found and removed it? So many questions and NO answers it seems...:waitasec::confused::eek::waitasec:

Sorry for the ramble, but the 17th is a reambling day. The 3 hour visit or 2 hour visit to Chris is odd enough, but add in all the rest and that was certainly an IMPORTANT day in this case and one that should be picked apart down to the basement of it...

How did Casey know about the Father's Day video TO download it that day? Did Cindy tell her about it or show it to her when she got back with Caylee? We are missing so many details of THAT day that it is difficult to fill in some of these blanks. THAT she downloaded THAT video, and on THAT day is very signifigant-considering when we have surmised that Caylee met with her demise.-the 15th or the 16th. It was the LAST living breathing record of Caylee. What motivated her to download it? Guilt? Sorrow? Or did she just want to show it to her "friends" to gain some more attention for herself? If the shovel incident was the 17th and she only kept it for one hour, and she was backed into the garage-perhaps what she buried in the back yard was NOT Caylee but something else? Blood soaked rags? Caylee's clothing? The towel she suffocated her with? Perhaps THAT day-the 17th, was when she dug whatever IT was back up again...or buried it then. Perhaps whatever she buried was discovered by George and Cindy-hence the search of their own back-yard remarks? Perhaps Cindy KNOWS there is NO EVIDENCE because she and George are the ones who found and removed it? So many questions and NO answers it seems...:waitasec::confused::eek::waitasec:

Sorry for the ramble, but the 17th is a reambling day. The 3 hour visit or 2 hour visit to Chris is odd enough, but add in all the rest and that was certainly an IMPORTANT day in this case and one that should be picked apart down to the basement of it...

You're right this is a tad OT, but I agree it's really interesting. Also, when did TL notice her crying when she was watching something on the laptop? For some reason, I thought he mentioned it was that video from Father's Day. Wasn't that the day after they watched the dvds - June 17th? I also find it odd that he specifically said he took off from school to be with her but she is out running around elsewhere that afternoon. If he took off school and his schedule that day was the typical 9-1, then she must have left shortly after he would have been home anyway to go to Hopespring.

Also, if she transferred the files on the 17th, is it possible she could have fooled with the date stamp or is the consensus that it did not happen? (IIRC the nursing home people were relatively sure but not positive it was the 15th - everyone else matched their story of the 9th to the 15th after the video was discovered.) Just wanted to rule that out as a physical possibility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv
Back