Ping Map for June 17, 2008 - Discuss that day only

Would you please explain further how you arrive at the opinion that the activity is not from surfing?
TIA

Very simply...short of doing Cray supercomputing on molecules or such, there is not activity on the average computer that will create more file activity (either creating, or modifying) than surfing the internet. For instance, when you come to the front page of CNN, you will get your cookies checked and updated as needed, you will get your cache updated as needed, and for any ads on that page you will get cookies and possibly caches updated to keep count how often you have viewed or clicked that ad.

Internet surfing is one of the more file intensive activities you can do on your computer. There are applications that are 1000's of times more CPU intensive, but that's not the same as file activity.

you can't visit the web and only have one file active (unless all you do is open google main page and then close it down...I wouldn't consider that significant to this situation).

Very simply...short of doing Cray supercomputing on molecules or such, there is not activity on the average computer that will create more file activity (either creating, or modifying) than surfing the internet. For instance, when you come to the front page of CNN, you will get your cookies checked and updated as needed, you will get your cache updated as needed, and for any ads on that page you will get cookies and possibly caches updated to keep count how often you have viewed or clicked that ad.

Internet surfing is one of the more file intensive activities you can do on your computer. There are applications that are 1000's of times more CPU intensive, but that's not the same as file activity.

you can't visit the web and only have one file active (unless all you do is open google main page and then close it down...I wouldn't consider that significant to this situation).
LOL. Ya made me laugh. Thanks for the explanation, val.

Though there's always that possibility, George just doesn't seem like the type IMO who schedules scans.

ITA. He is the type though, to make up lies... huh?

how did casey know about the father's day video to download it that day? Did cindy tell her about it or show it to her when she got back with caylee? We are missing so many details of that day that it is difficult to fill in some of these blanks. That she downloaded that video, and on that day is very signifigant-considering when we have surmised that caylee met with her demise.-the 15th or the 16th. It was the last living breathing record of caylee. What motivated her to download it? Guilt? Sorrow? Or did she just want to show it to her "friends" to gain some more attention for herself? If the shovel incident was the 17th and she only kept it for one hour, and she was backed into the garage-perhaps what she buried in the back yard was not caylee but something else? Blood soaked rags? Caylee's clothing? The towel she suffocated her with? Perhaps that day-the 17th, was when she dug whatever it was back up again...or buried it then. Perhaps whatever she buried was discovered by george and cindy-hence the search of their own back-yard remarks? Perhaps cindy knows there is no evidence because she and george are the ones who found and removed it? So many questions and no answers it seems...:waitasec::confused::eek::waitasec:

Sorry for the ramble, but the 17th is a reambling day. the 3 hour visit or 2 hour visit to chris is odd enough, but add in all the rest and that was certainly an important day in this case and one that should be picked apart down to the basement of it...

ita!!

JWG - Would you so kindly elaborate re: how you arrive at conclusion that there's a mass copying of files taking place vs. some other computer activity?
TIA

A mass copy would entail an "access" on one computer and a "create" on another. Each computer would have identical levels of activity for a mass copy. Additional activity could occur if one computer is being used at the same time to surf the web.

Given my belief that only KC was on the two computers at the given time, the only thing that could account for such high activity on both computers is a mass copy of a folder with many items in it from one computer to the other. Such as a copy of a photo album from one to the other.

A mass copy would entail an "access" on one computer and a "create" on another. Each computer would have identical levels of activity for a mass copy. Additional activity could occur if one computer is being used at the same time to surf the web.

Given my belief that only KC was on the two computers at the given time, the only thing that could account for such high activity on both computers is a mass copy of a folder with many items in it from one computer to the other. Such as a copy of a photo album from one to the other.
Thanks a lot. I am assuming then that there has been enough information dumped re: activity on the Anthony desktop computer to interpret what was happening on it in terms of access vs. create. Is this right?

Observing Casey’s cell records for Tuesday, 6/17, it appears she arrived in the area of G&C’s ~2:30PM and waited to either observe George leave, or until a time when she could be confident he was gone. Between 2:30 and 2:49PM Casey placed/took calls to/from Ricardo, Tony and Clint. It appears George left ~2:49PM at which time Casey’s cell went inactive for 57 minutes.

At 3:47PM Casey resumed a light texting conversation with Tony that concluded @ 4:05PM when she called him and left sometime between 4:05-4:36PM.

In agreement with the cell activity that placed Casey @ G&C’s ~2:49PM-4:05PM we have the computer forensics report that tells us the nursing home pic of Caylee with Alex was copied onto the laptop 6/17 3:28PM. (Note: This is the pic that LE used to check the clock of the laptop vs. the camera vs. the memory card to confirm the pic was indeed taken on 6/15).

Also in agreement w/ the cell activity AND the computer forensics report, Casey sent a Facebook message to Amy, 3:15PM 6/17, "cheer up me lady! i love you and can't wait to finally get you moved in". (ETA: Updated Fb after JWG confirmed for me. :thumb:)
*snipped*

Quoting myself...bad form and all.

FWIW...consider timing involved per the pings provided above.

ETA: Bold by me for emphasis to points being discussed currently

*snipped*

Quoting myself...bad form and all.

FWIW...consider timing involved per the pings provided above.
Thanks for doing that. I find it quite sad that Casey's copying Caylee's images to the laptop a day or so after she killed her. Really sad.
ETA: Hadn't thought about the timing of this since I've been narrowing down Caylee's TOD in my mind.

Thanks for doing that. I find it quite sad that Casey's copying Caylee's images to the laptop a day or so after she killed her. Really sad.

I think she also added that awful little angel "gravestone" picture around that time. It made me sick to see it. She had reduced her child to a series of photos (that she later deleted) and the only homage she gave her was also a digital picture with a message of sentiment only about the person who lost someone. Nothing like reducing a person to a series of electronic impulses on your social network page.

I think she also added that awful little angel "gravestone" picture around that time. It made me sick to see it. She had reduced her child to a series of photos (that she later deleted) and the only homage she gave her was also a digital picture with a message of sentiment only about the person who lost someone. Nothing like reducing a person to a series of electronic impulses on your social network page.
It is awful. You've reminded me that it's time for me to go back through the Casey photobucket threads, revisiting that information, which I try to do whenever I've changed my mind about a key point/term/event.

It is awful. You've reminded me that it's time for me to go back through the Casey photobucket threads, revisiting that information, which I try to do whenever I've changed my mind about a key point/term/event.

You're braver than I am tonight!

You're right this is a tad OT, but I agree it's really interesting. Also, when did TL notice her crying when she was watching something on the laptop? For some reason, I thought he mentioned it was that video from Father's Day. Wasn't that the day after they watched the dvds - June 17th? I also find it odd that he specifically said he took off from school to be with her but she is out running around elsewhere that afternoon. If he took off school and his schedule that day was the typical 9-1, then she must have left shortly after he would have been home anyway to go to Hopespring.

Also, if she transferred the files on the 17th, is it possible she could have fooled with the date stamp or is the consensus that it did not happen? (IIRC the nursing home people were relatively sure but not positive it was the 15th - everyone else matched their story of the 9th to the 15th after the video was discovered.) Just wanted to rule that out as a physical possibility.

i have always thought this as well..? someone had said that CA mother also confirmed the fathers day visit...but could she have mixed up the visit the sunday before...it was i believe grandpa's birth day...the 9th....could the 9th be the video day?......

Me, too, I've always thought that as well. . . .But couldn't reconcile the "special occasion" aspect of the NH/Mt. Dora visit, but I think you, Take Note, have uncovered it. I did not know 6/9 was grandpa's birthday. . . .that would explain a Lot. Yeah, I've suspected date changing in statements made by CA & SP, & am now even more drawn back to the early AM departure from RM's by KC + Caylee. Why? This is the time period that I think computer wizards should amplify.

IIRC, it was right after 6/9,10 that a now "single" KC began essentially co-habitating with TL.

I agree. I think this is exactly what was going on. After staring at the laptop activity for way too long, it is apparent the activity on the laptop was dominated by creating files. I believe she was transferring all her little wonky stuff from the desktop to the laptop because she was there to take the laptop with her for good.

[/color][/b]

i have always thought this as well..? someone had said that CA mother also confirmed the fathers day visit...but could she have mixed up the visit the sunday before...it was i believe grandpa's birth day...the 9th....could the 9th be the video day?......

Cindy signed in at Mt. Dora on June 15. Shirley sent her sister an e-mail that evening talking about serving the chili. The employees at Mt. Dora confirmed Caylee and Cindy were there and that Cindy did sign in on June 15.

IIRC, it was right after 6/9,10 that a now "single" KC began essentially co-habitating with TL.
According to Casey's phone pings, the first night that Casey spent overnight with Tony was June 16. The week before Casey was with RM on June 9. The rest of the week (June 9-15), Casey's pings place her at the Anthony house for sleeping although June 13-14, it was after 3 a.m. before Casey got in

Quoting bond quoting himself :)

2:49PM at which time Casey’s cell went inactive for 57 minutes.

Isn't it entirely possible that this dead 57 minutes was the hour when she had the shovel? If only we could determine what it was she did with that shovel that day!:waitasec:

Quoting bond quoting himself :)

2:49PM at which time Casey’s cell went inactive for 57 minutes.

Isn't it entirely possible that this dead 57 minutes was the hour when she had the shovel? If only we could determine what it was she did with that shovel that day!:waitasec:

I believe it was in the Myth Busters thread in one of the first police reports where they found an are that was disturbed in the A's backyard behind the pool. I believe it said it was about 12" by about 5" deep. Could that have been what she used the shovel for?

Help me wizards of webslueths!

I am confused:waitasec:

I fell back down the rabbit hole and was reviewing ping data for this date. Using my records I am showing different tower locations for pings 9a and 10 - two different towers, neither of which correspond to the one mapped.

ping 9a at 16:36(and inbound sms facebook update or some such) I have at

28.50904889 -81.2122639 or where curry ford turns north east of 417

ping 10 outbound zero seconds call to 954-*advertiser censored*-9899 and and inbound sms from Troy B at

28.5705556 -81.2363889 approx Colonial and Union Park Dr south of Blanchard Park

Also the Hess receipt - which I don't think we've seen - assuming it's a typo but the notes on the map say 10:31 or 6:31 pm -

Have I completely lost it?:crazy: Is my data source corrupt or suspect?
Did I sneak off the the bars early and I don't even know it?

Please confirm or correct me and I am sorry in advance for plowing over this well tilled field!

BFMD

data source: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1626040/Casey-Phone-Log-Page-51_75 page 18

I fell back down the rabbit hole and was reviewing ping data for this date. Using my records I am showing different tower locations for pings 9a and 10 - two different towers, neither of which correspond to the one mapped.
*snipped*

Hey, BFMD. Against my better judgement :bang: I took a look. I'll tell you what I'm seeing and ask a few others to weigh in.

ping 9a at 16:36(and inbound sms facebook update or some such) I have at
28.50904889 -81.2122639 or where curry ford turns north east of 417
*color by me*

I have ping 9a 16:36 @ 28.5904889 which is absent the "0" between the 5 & 9 you have. When I check the coordinates, cell log, and ping map all agree w/ the marker on Georgia PI's map for ping 9a.

FWIW, Casey was in the Northwest-to-Northeast sector of this tower @ 16:36.

ping 10 outbound zero seconds call to 954-*advertiser censored*-9899 and and inbound sms from Troy B at 28.5705556 -81.2363889 approx Colonial and Union Park Dr south of Blanchard Park

I have ping 10 (5:20 & 5:23PM that are the starting bookends to the 'missing hours' that end 8:23PM) @ the same location you do: 28.5705556 N 81.2363889 W

This tower is located @ 10363 East Colonial Dr Orlando FL 32817, which in terms of some landmarks is

• [*]0.5 mi SE of JB Park,
    [*]2.5 mi E of Amscot,
    [*]2 mi SW of Tony R's place,
    [*]2 mi SW of Jesse G's place​

FWIW, Casey was in the Northwest-to-Northeast sector of this tower @ 5:20 & 5:23PM - essentially the JB Park area.

This location is different than what is shown on the ping map. If someone else can verify it we can ask Georgia PI if he'd be willing to update the map.

Also the Hess receipt - which I don't think we've seen - assuming it's a typo but the notes on the map say 10:31 or 6:31 pm -

I don't recall the details of the Hess receipt, but, believe it maybe a typo ("0" insted of "8") intended to read 18:31, which would be 6:31PM represented in a 24hr format.

:waitasec: Lemme think 'bout the implications of the change...

Hope that helps.

So...before I lose the thought...and before confirming things...just thinking out loud.
~4:05PM Casey left G&C's after loading files up to the laptop
~4:36PM Casey pinged on the northwest-to-northeast side of tower located near the intersection of N. Alafaya & University Blvd.
Note that it is a ~25mins drive from G&C's to the location of the tower (~4:05 + :25 = 4:30PM) and Casey pinged on the opposite side of the tower.

Also note that the 4:36PM ping is a Facebook alert. The timing of MySpace & Facebook alerts appear to have some time shift associated with them vs. when the websites show the activity occurred. I'm inclined to believe the phone record timestamp & ping information does reflect Casey's physical location @ 4:36PM local time...only noting this FWIW.​

~5:20-5:23PM Casey pinged on the northwest-to-northeast side of tower located just south of JB Park.

~6:31PM Hess gas receipt w/ Hess being located @ intersection of Rouse Rd & University Blvd.

Note that Rouse Rd is a convenient south-to-north drive through JB Park.​

~8:32PM Casey pinged back @/near Tony's apt.

Some observations...the 6/17 trip to G&C's was Casey's now-WTH-am-I-gonna-do?!? time alone to collect her thoughts. She had to collect stuff she needed/wanted and get outta there before Cindy got home. 6/17 was the first back-into-the-garage trip, which may or may not have resulted in Casey opening up the trunk.

1) Something compelled Casey's trip to the N. Alafaya & University Blvd. area immediately after leaving G&C's. Important to note that being on the northwest-to-northeast side of this tower puts her beyond JB Park, beyond Tony R's, and I believe beyond Jesse G's. :waitasec:
  • Trip to house/apt. hunt with Tony, Sean, et.al.?
  • University Shoppes for a purchase? I can't tell what stores located there.
  • Bound to the Oviedo house?
2) It appears after Casey completed whatever she was compelled to do in item 1 she headed for JB Park, or possibly Tony R's or Jesse G's. With 40 minutes between the pings, the options are pretty open as to where she came from in the northeast to where she ended up. However, with no advance calls to either Tony or Jesse...one has to factor in that perhaps these were less likely destinations.

3) Casey's choice of Hess @ that location @ 6:30PM is interesting. It being on the corner of the most convenient northern exit from the JBPark area...and on the side of the road that would be most convenient for one traveling north...it appears Casey had 'finished' what she needed to in the JB Park area and noticed she needed gas. Since Hess is on the south side of University Blvd. it would not be convenient for her if she had been returning to Tony's from Tony R.'s or Jesse G's. It would be convenient if she was leaving JB Park and went to Tony R.'s or Jesse G's. before heading back to Tony's apt. :confused:

4) While Casey didn't ping again until 8:23 @ Tony's apt. it is quite possible that she showed up there anytime between >6:30PM-8:30PM.

Best guess? Perhaps this has already been established (in which case I'll need a visit from Captain Obvious :doh:)...but...this looks like an excellent candidate for the time that Casey met up w/ Tony & his friends for their househunt/apt visit. This would also seem to fit w/ Casey's texting & calling pattern w/ Tony before she left G&C's 2:49-4:05 (agreeing to meet, getting directions, etc.)* for what would've been the house/apt hunting trip. IIRC, Tony commented on this being his only time to be in the Pontiac during the week of 6/16...when Casey tagged along. Also, IIRC, Tony would've headed to class late Tuesday PM...explaining the texting 'tween the two of them when Casey was pinging @/near Tony's apt.

*For fans of the theory that Casey left Caylee in the playhouse...resulting in the cadaver K9 alert there...this scenario would fit. IOW...If Tony propositioned Casey 'bout joining him to look @ a place w/ his friends it would be impossible for her to refuse...hence...Casey would be in a position to NEED and WANT to leave the body immediately. It would also provide a convenient motive for Casey to RETURN ASAP the next day, 6/18. Of course, it might not explain why Casey backed into the garage 6/17...unless she & Tony agreed that morning to go look @ the house/apt. and it was going to be clear that Casey would have to drive...dunno 'bout that...just offering up the speculation for consideration.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back