TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is JP trying to insinuate that Tylee was unhealthy because she was overweight? Wtf
I was coming here to discuss this. The way he fat shames these women/ girls who were MURDERED is insane!!!! I promise, no fat suffocated, dismembered or burned either of them. So why is he so oddly obsessed with talking about their weight and bodies with a sense of disdain and disgust in his questions about them?? If karma is real, someone will look at him like he just rolled in poop while talking about his body.

Julie Rowe is threatening Chad (and her other detractors) on Tik Tok these days, calling herself an apex predator. This is a recent HTC interview with JR's former cult member and friend (clip of JR at 3:57):

:eek:

Wow. I'd forgotten about JR (haven't followed in a long time) and she is getting crazier. I thought she was bad before but that clip was really bizarre.

Benjamin Dean, Intelligence Analyst, Chad sent Tammy, message, regarding the "Racoon". Shooting it, and burying it in the backyard.

Longest text message, ever sent to Tammy, on September 9, 2019. Last day, after Tylee was seen alive, on September 8, 2019.

In a way, this was the MOST important item that connects Chad Daybell to being involved with the conspiracy in Tylee's murder. To me.

I am also interested, was CD even working at this time? Or was Tammy supporting everyone with her librarian job? Most men are not home, tooling around on Monday morning.
the timestamps are interesting in relation to your question, does he work:

Sept. 9, 2019 at 10:53 a.m. shooting a raccoon and burning limb debris

10:56 a.m. “Gonna shower now and then go write for a while at BYU. Love you.”

1:48 p.m. “I’m back home now.”

a real busy guy.....he forgot to mention hanging with his best buddy AC that morning.

IMO, CD was a slug.

Next State witness (#55) is BENJAMIN DEAN. My notes from LVD's trial:

23 - BENJAMIN DEAN: STATE WITNESS, FBI analyst (summary 1, audio Apr20)
TD’s cell phone data, including raccoon text (9 Sep 2019)

ETA: I feel like the prosecution may be wrapping things up soon... After this, the only thing left on my "nail in the coffin" list is CD & LVD's phone call when the kids' remains were found.
Not following closely enough, but did they already show video of the storage unit with the kids’ things and the booty slap from Chad?

Friday, May 10th:
*Trial continues (Day 21) (@ 8:30am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. (Judge denied removing DP 3/14/24). Fremont County
Trial began on 4/1/24 with final jury selection & ended on 4/8/24. Jurors: 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [10 men & 8 women]. 5/2/24: Juror dismissed due to illness. Now: 12 jurors & 5 alternates.
Jury will be sequestered during deliberations in the guilt phase thru the penalty phase.
Trial began on 4/10/24. (approx. 8 weeks) Court hours are 8:30am to 3pm Monday-Friday. Trial is being held in Ada County.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Lindsey Blake, Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood, Special Attorney General Prosecutor Ingrid Batey & Fremont County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Rocky Wixom & defense attorney John Prior.

Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/29/24 & Jury Selection Days 1-6 (4/1-4/6/24) & thru 4/9/24 & Trial Days 1-19 (4/10-5/8/24) reference post #644 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-4.711714/page-33

5/9/24 Thursday, Trial Day 20: *State witnesses: Katherine Dace [forensic biologist & supervisor with Idaho State Police]. Detective Colin Nesbitt [works for the Kauai Police Dept]. FBI Intelligence Analyst Benjamin Dean [began working with the Daybell case in late March 2020. His initial assignment was to review tips submitted by members of the public in response to a news release issued by the FBI & Rexburg Police on 3/5/20 regarding Tylee & JJ]. Was asked to review the contents of 2 BlueRay discs containing data extracted from storage devices seized from Chad's property on 1/3/20. Janet Andersen. [lives in St. Charles, Idaho, by Bear Lake. She used to live in Lyman, near Rexburg. Janet was the secretary at Central Elementary in Sugar City]. Tammy Gee [works at Central Elementary in Sugar City & has worked there for 14 years. She teaches kindergarten]. Pamela Peebles [lives in Rigby & works at Central Elementary in Sugar City].
For more info on direct see post #686 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-4.711714/page-35
Trial continues on Friday, 5/10/24.

Yes, JP has been extremely disparaging about Tammy Daybell's "weight", which is crazy, because she looked fantastic for a mother of five children, over age 35! And working full time too!

Way to go JP! Alienate every single woman on the jury!
Tammy's colleague testified that Tammy was fit and lost weight while Chad told his SIL that she died because she gained 40 pounds. No reason whatsoever to make up stuff like that if you're innocent.

the timestamps are interesting in relation to your question, does he work:

Sept. 9, 2019 at 10:53 a.m. shooting a raccoon and burning limb debris

10:56 a.m. “Gonna shower now and then go write for a while at BYU. Love you.”

1:48 p.m. “I’m back home now.”

a real busy guy.....he forgot to mention hanging with his best buddy AC that morning.

IMO, CD was a slug.
He wasn't going to BYU after Tylee's burial but rather met with Lori and Alex at their Rexburg apartments. That's what their phone pings indicate. So no writing was done that afternoon.

Janet Anderson, friend of Tammy, testimony about her health.

INMO, this is getting dragged out too much. And really, my husband had great health, until the day he dropped dead with a heart attack. No signs at all. Fortunately, he was brought back with CPR.

But, we get it, Tammy Daybell was healthy, according to her friends.
IMO it's not too much to reiterate for the 10th time that Tammy was healthy when she died. Her own children will claim the opposite. JP can probably try to discredit one or two other witnesses, but not all.

MG knows nothing and believed in nothing. /s

hard not to gag listening to MG police interviews her claiming she did not believe anything concerning zombies, but could recite all of the new wave teachings and remember ALL OF it but claims she didnt believe.

IMO, LE went for the big fishies. IMO, LE did not want to spend time pursuing this tiny group as conspirators. hard to prove at minimum, simply compromising an investigation for missing children that MGibb and MB knew the children were dead and not missing.

MGibb knew she was going down the path of being marked 'dark' for herself and DWarwick when she confronted LV. that is when she decided she NEEDED LE to protect her. same with MB and Ian.

and there is Z who was given limited use immunity. I will forever wonder why.
SBM. All JMO. MG saying now that she didn't believe back then is neither here nor there. If she didn't believe it would make sense to leave the group. A few other women from the casting circle did just that but never went to police, not even after MG did. OTOH, we know what happened when Charles reported Lori's crazy behavior to LE. Nothing. MG thinks that she is protecting her reputation as a church member. Even if she fully believed in the doctrine, which she is now embarrassed by, it doesn't mean that she was in on the actual murders. If the latter was true, there would be no need for Lori and Chad to lie to her about Tylee's and JJ's whereabouts (just like they lied to everyone outside of the circle). Lori's niece MBP never said that Lori told her JJ was with Kay, only that he was with nannies (which makes it less credible if you live next to Lori). ZP's messages indicate that she knew at least what would happen to Tylee and possibly encouraged it. It makes sense that she's the one who needs immunity.

Last edited:
I was coming here to discuss this. The way he fat shames these women/ girls who were MURDERED is insane!!!! I promise, no fat suffocated, dismembered or burned either of them. So why is he so oddly obsessed with talking about their weight and bodies with a sense of disdain and disgust in his questions about them?? If karma is real, someone will look at him like he just rolled in poop while talking about his body.
It makes it feel like an excuse more than a defense.

The "wimmenamirite?" defense is basically all women are bad because they are sexy vixens, or they trick you into marriage, or they are fat or not petite, or they let they let their lungs get heavy, etc. etc. I think Prior started to suggest that Lori and Gibb were in a tryst, which is none of my business to explore for truth, but men like Prior often deride non compliance in women as being because they are lesbians.

Meanwhile, my client is just a shy, humble, unassuming man who was forced into an affair with a woman attached to a band of murderers.

The defense goes on to say that he was unaware of the murders, committed by Lori, Alex and Melanie Gibb. But in reality, it says to me, if he could get pulled into an affair, what else is he capable of?

Now, I do not agree for a minute that Chad was not a sexual predator with no regard for human life with or without Lori in his life. But if the argument is he can't control his behavior, doesn't that amount to an agreement that he needs to locked away?

MOO

SBM. All JMO. MG saying now that she didn't believe back then is neither here nor there. If she didn't believe it would make sense to leave the group. A few other women from the casting circle did just that but never went to police, not even after MG did. OTOH, we know what happened when Charles reported Lori's crazy behavior to LE. Nothing. MG thinks that she is protecting her reputation as a church member. Even if she fully believed in the doctrine, which she is now embarrassed by, it doesn't mean that she was in on the actual murders. If the latter was true, there would be no need for Lori and Chad to lie to her about Tylee's and JJ's whereabouts (just like they lied to everyone outside of the circle). Lori's niece MBP never said that Lori told her JJ was with Kay, only that he was with nannies (which makes it less credible if you live next to Lori). ZP's messages indicate that she knew at least what would happen to Tylee and possibly encouraged it. It makes sense that she's the one who needs immunity.
I don’t believe for one moment Melani Gibb is embarrassed by the strange beliefs as she continue those beliefs, just maybe not an adherent of Chad.
She is a fraud.

IMO it's not too much to reiterate for the 10th time that Tammy was healthy when she died. Her own children will claim the opposite. JP can probably try to discredit one or two other witnesses, but not all.
Her children will ruin their own lives if they get on the witness stand and make such claims. The people of Rexburg will avoid them like the plague. IMO.

I can only assume that Chad has never ever looked in a mirror.

I agree. I think having 3 people who saw Tammy shortly before her death all say the same thing, makes it more difficult for the defense to argue that Tammy was sick.
If/when Emma steps up for the defense, the jury will see it for what it is...a child fighting for her father's life, not necessarily an unbiased person.

I'm also curious as to which of Chad's kids will actually take the stand. In opening, JP said 4....mumble or 3...of Chad's children will take the stand. I took this to mean that one of the 4 was wavering. Maybe by next week 2 of the 4 will be wavering. I feel for Tammy's children (and I prefer to call them Tammy's children) as they have lost one parent and might be motivated to 'save' their remaining parent, but I hope at least a few of them will stand up for their mother.

I'll be waiting to see which of them takes the stand for the defense.

I think Prior is bluffing.

Garth? I don't think he will sound convincing if he lies. (And I hope he does not. He has a whole life ahead of him.) He did believe his father had visions, thin veil, etc.. I wonder if he believes that now. He and Seth are vulnerable to being asked if their father's visionary gifts impacted their decisions on where to live, beyond dad moving the family to Rexburg. I think he is a witness to finding Tammy dead, and I think he wasn't supposed to mention to 911 that Tammy was on the "ground." Chad's AVOW story had Tammy smiling in bed.

Emma? She has tied-for-best chance of being consistent, but the more her story is consistent, the more she will sound brainwashed and indoctrinated to some, and like a flat out liar to others. (I think emotionally she is most like MP, still emotionally in, but unlike MP, she does not have real self-incrimination issues.) She is a witness to events shortly after the 911 call and making memorial arrangements.

Seth? He will be consistent IMO, but too detached from Tammy to be a useful witness, and he will sound culty and desperate, too. He was the one who said in 48 hours that dad could dig better graves, which, if he says that again, could help convict his father because there were a lot of professional touches to JJ's grave. It didn't create as much of a berm or get scavenged as would be expected in an amateur's 2' grave.

The youngest daughter and son I find unlikely to be willing to lie. They will come off as hostages if they do. And like Seth, they won't be able to claim more contact with Tammy than people like her friends at work. All they have is "I know my Dad," or "Mom emailed me about the composted raccoon," (not the buried one). They might say Tammy told them about the rifle she said was probably a paintball gun, but...she was talking to her youngest children. She's not going to terrify them by saying she thought she was about to die.

I don't think Prior will call any of them, but he will cross examine any of them the prosecution calls. If he does call any of them, it will be Emma, and it will be Chad's chance to destroy her reputation and career completely, as she will be set up to take an action, probably teasingly close to perjury, to align with a heinous murderer. (I wouldn't blame her one bit for visiting, filling account, etc. I would blame her for taking an action to help him get away with ,murder.)

I think Prior will just keep speaking for Chad's children, and implying that they are all convinced Mom died of natural causes, and that he's such a good person he never could have murdered. When Prior says it for them, there are no questions about finding Tammy, arranging (or delegating, really) her Rexburg memorial, dad's affair, becoming friends with Lori, specific details about alleged fatigue of not feeling well, etc. And if kept off the stand, are no chances of it getting introduced that the children believe their father knows if they live near dark spirits, etc.

MOO

I don’t believe for one moment Melani Gibb is embarrassed by the strange beliefs as she continue those beliefs, just maybe not an adherent of Chad.
She is a fraud.
She's embarrassed.

You don't have to like her. I don't. But she has to deal with a lot of shame and pain- including self-inflicted. It's easier for her to talk about Lori getting sucked in by Chad, and expose Lori's moments of doubt like "If he's the devil, he's a good one," then it is to talk about her own beliefs and doubts.

On her phone call to her fan in MA, Gibb was really showing how empty she was, more concerned that Julie Rowe will seem stupid for defending Chad when his kids turn up dead than concerned for the likelihood that the kids will turn up dead. By extension, we can assume she just didn't want to look stupid, so she cooperated with LE. Not, she thought murdering was wrong, so she cooperated with LE.

A person empty enough to do things like disparage children she knew were most likely murdered is very susceptible to manipulation. And she was manipulated. She isn't ready to deal it, AFAIK. Someday she will be, I hope.

I do know she was able to set a boundary about covering for murder. She did help LE a lot. And I am thankful for that.

MOO

I have zero doubt Chad was at least there when JJ and Tylee (or just one of the two) were killed but I find it remarkable they didn't find his DNA anywhere. I also don't remember hearing a lot about finding Alex's DNA.

In the case of Tylee at least I assume most of it was burned away.

:eek:

Wow. I'd forgotten about JR (haven't followed in a long time) and she is getting crazier. I thought she was bad before but that clip was really bizarre.
I watched the clip on Tricia's channel. The consensus was that she had a "filter" because she was not wearing makeup. The filter made it appear that she was wearing it. She looks good with the filter, but it doesn't filter out the crazy.

I think Prior is bluffing.

<snipped>
I agree.

I wasn't sure, initially, but now that we've sat through 58 witnesses for the prosecution, I just can't see how Prior thinks that putting Emma or Garth or any of CD's other children onto the witness stand is going to help the case at all. If anything, it would show the jury the extent of CD's brainwashing capabilities. If CD can make Tammy's own children believe that she was sick (despite all evidence to the contrary), that he had nothing to do with her death (despite all evidence to the contrary), that he had no idea JJ & Tylee's bodies were on his property (despite all evidence to the contrary), that he was, in fact, innocent of all wrongdoing (despite all evidence to the contrary), and -- what's more -- that everything he did was, in fact, GOD's WILL (despite all evidence to the contrary), then I think the jury is simply going to consider them further victims of how he uses religion to grasp at power and control.

I think the only way Prior will call them is if the prosecution subpoenaed them first, but I'm not sure that'd make sense for them, either, knowing that these witnesses are likely going to say whatever CD tells them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018