MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - scooter abandoned - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
In California, we treat SO's differently, based on a tier level:

IMHO Kennedy was a level 3 (only based on the 3rd degree felony):

Attempted Criminal Sexual Conduct - Third Degree (Multiple Variables)
Attempted Children - Accosting For Immoral PurposesAttempted Children - Accosting For Immoral Purposes.

You can find the alleged perp here:

http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/PSORSearchDetails.aspx?oid=12632509

Tier Level 1:

Risk Level 1 offenders present the lowest possible risk to the community and their likelihood to re-offend is considered minimal. They normally have not exhibited predatory type characteristics and most have successfully participated or are participating in approved treatment programs. Many are first time offenders. The majority of the registered sex/kidnapping offenders are classified as Level 1 offenders. They usually know, live with, or are related to their victims.

Notification: Risk Level 1 offenders present the lowest possible risk to the community and their likelihood to re-offend is considered minimal. They normally have not exhibited predatory type characteristics and most have successfully participated or are participating in approved treatment programs. Many are first time offenders.

Tier Level 2:

Risk Level 2 offenders present a moderate risk to the community and they have a higher likelihood of re-offending than level 1 offenders. They are considered an increased risk to re-offend because of the nature of their previous crime(s) and lifestyle (drug and alcohol abuse and other criminal activity). Some have refused to participate or failed to complete approved treatment programs. They may have more than one victim and the abuse may be long term. These offenders usually groom their victims and may use threats to commit their crimes. These crimes may be predatory with the offender using a position of trust to commit their crimes. Typically these individuals do not appreciate the damage they have done to their victims.

Notification: A risk level 2 notification is information of registered sex/kidnapping offenders that may be released to public and private schools, child day care centers, family day care providers, businesses and organizations that serve primarily children, women, or vulnerable adults, and neighbors in community groups near the offender's residence, or where the offender expects to reside, or is regularly found. Registration information on Level 2 offenders may be generally released to the public (such as offenders who have failed to register or are transient or homeless).

Tier Level 3:

A convicted sex offender who is assessed as posing a substantial risk of recidivism and threat to public safety. Requires notification to law enforcement, organizations in the community, including schools, religious and youth organizations, prosecutors and courts and general community notification. The same information listed under Tier 2 is also available to the public on Tier 3 offenders

Notification: A risk level 3 notification is information of registered sex/kidnapping offenders that may be generally released such as with Level 2 offenders and in addition includes news media releases. Any person may review level 2 or level 3 community notices at the Sheriff's Office Records Division or on-line.

So my question is, WHY weren't neighbors aware, why wasn't his parole officer notified he was hanging out with children. why, why why!

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Mel

------------
Ohiio has this system also. Where I live our schools send out notification of any SO entering our area. We know exactly where they live,what to do if there are any suspicions.

Interesting to note on JVM, the reporter said GK had multiple alibis and was using some type of card getting gasoline when Nevaeh went missing.

However, we haven't narrowed down the time when she went missing! :waitasec:

We haven't determined when she disappeared, but we now that during the exact time she was *reported* to have disappeared GK is at a location that can be verified through independent sources like a credit card company and possibly a security cam.

If I knew I was going to need an alibi at a specific time I would make sure I was on a security cam and had used a traceable source of currency, preferably one that requires my signature.

Interesting to note on JVM, the reporter said GK had multiple alibis and was using some type of card getting gasoline when Nevaeh went missing.

However, we haven't narrowed down the time when she went missing! :waitasec:

Is it possible Neveah could have been with him when he was getting gas? Or he could have given his card to someone else to use to get a receipt for an alibi. I don't think this alibi holds much 'water'.

Just to add a little note regarding the Grandma (SB) story.
As far as I know, from the beginning, SB was working at FoodTown and JB was in charge of watching NB when she was noticed missing.
How long from the time NB went missing until Grandma found out? George was the one called, not SB.
IMO

Yea Wendy Murphy is on fire too...
:parrot:

ohhhh...can't wait for Sue Moss tonight (on Nancy Grace). I love her! I think even more than Nancy!

For those that don't know her, she's a respected family attorney and child advocate. Some of her quips against offenders are priceless ;)

Mel

I have wearied of the presumption that anyone capable of such evil, coldblooded, horrific acts must be suffering from some sort of psychotic delusions. The problem isn't a mental one, it's a heart defect.

Is it possible Neveah could have been with him when he was getting gas? Or he could have given his card to someone else to use to get a receipt for an alibi. I don't think this alibi holds much 'water'.

Agree! She could have been in someone's trunk by that time for that matter, so unless the gas station was in like Mexico then that alone could hardly provide anyone w an alibi. :rolleyes:

Thank you :) I guess I should not trust the Toledo source, or the Detroit source. Why did JB wait that long to call 911? That makes no sense to me. I thought SB was also around. At least she seems to have enough sense to report her grandchild missing. I wonder why the 911 call has not been released.

The scooter being parked, bothers me. It means that either she was not riding at the time she went missing, or she knew her kidnapper...

Still reading the threads but wanted to chime in (Bold by me) I agree.
And Welcome to WS Prof.

I have wearied of the presumption that anyone capable of such evil, coldblooded, horrific acts must be suffering from some sort of psychotic delusions. The problem isn't a mental one, it's a heart defect.

and a soul defect. There's no way these people have a soul, they are just pure evil!!!

Good evening! :seeya:

Nancy Grace is talking about Nevaeh again tonight!

Show just started on HLN.

Just FYI...........In the Samantha Runion kidnap and murder, the perp was caught on camera getting gas AFTER the child was kidnapped. You could see his car and there was no VISIBLE sign of Samantha in the car. HOWEVER, it was later learned LE detected DNA tear evidence on the console of the perps vehicle. It's determined she most likely was laying on the seat unconscious. She had blunt force trauma prior to death. That's not what killed her though, I believe.

So,..........if this person was getting gas, so what? Like others said, she could have been in the trunk or whatever.

JMHO
fran

Guy Bickley just gave a very detailed report how he found her remains. Poor man!

On NG they are showing them measuring the grave and I swear you can see the raised part where she is. It's making me sick watching it.

627126 Inmate number for JB.

Also, has there been any pictures published of JB without sunglasses on?

627126 Inmate number for JB.

Also, has there been any pictures published of JB without sunglasses on?

Your question in the heading: Does anyone know who had custody of Nevaeh while Ms. JB was in prison?
Jennifer's B's mother.

Catching up here...way way behind, but has there been anymore info on the bloody shirt or whatever it was in whoever's (I know it was an SO) motel room?? That seems to be weird as heck to me. Also....can't stand the mothers slow monotone voice when she's interviewed by that radio station. No emotion whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola21