Anthonys want autopsy results sealed AND ALL Autopsy Updates

Should the Anthonys have a say about the autopsy results being sealed?

• Yes - they are justified and should have a say in it

Votes: 35 6.4%
  • No - they shouldn't have a say in it

Votes: 505 91.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something here? I thought, per Dr. G, that this was all released a long time ago. Are we expecting something new?

Am I missing something here? I thought, per Dr. G, that this was all released a long time ago. Are we expecting something new?

She gave a verbal overview at a press conference. Her actual written report and findings have never been released.

My point is, the state is the accuser. They should be required to give the accused what they have without charge. Why should the defense be required to pay for what the state is required to present at trial? Why should they have to put out that kind of money before they can even prepare the defense? Then there is the issue of duplicating many pages, so they are charged twice for nothing. The fee is clearly much higher than true copy costs too.

It reminds me of a Freedom of information request I made in my state. I was charge nearly $100 for less than a dozen pages. Their excuse? There was no one available other than a doctor to pull the info out of the computer and click print. Yeah, right!

Understand what you are saying. But still...more than half of the cases that are litigated are because a guilty defendent doesn't want to plead so. Which may be why a lot of us are angry. A killer, rapist etc...is always someone's son or someone's daughter..which imo is why the A's need to go see a shrink. Why are they opposed to the autopsy? Why? Caylee is dead. I think they already know that. Anguish? My *advertiser censored* if they were not eating crab puffs when her remains were found? So intellectually why would they want the autopsy be public? Hello? The obvious?

They should not have a say in the results being released. Anguish? If they truly are behind their daughter, they shouldn't have a problem with it and want to know the truth since it might lead them to the "real killer".

Aren't autopsys available in all criminal investigations?

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19724459/detail.html

Translation: They don't want the public to know the truth about what was done to Caylee. Plain and simple.

Exactly.

sarcasm.gif

It would poison the jury pool and make KC look bad. It's just being released to harass and embarrass her just because she murdered her child. :rolleyes:

In a motion filed by their attorney, George and Cindy Anthony argue that "the information contained within in the report will cause great anguish to the Anthony family." "

What about the anguish Caylee went through in her last minutes on earth, the fear she must have felt from the one person that she loved unconditionally, that was supposed to have loved her and protected her at all cost. Have the A's even thought about that?? Apparently not.

Aren't autopsys available in all criminal investigations?

Yes, in most cases. Unless it's sealed by a Judge. And autopsy photos aren't released. Many times they're leaked though.

I think this autopsy holds the key piece of evidence that the SA used to put the DP back on the table. The A's know what it is by now and not not want the public to hear about this piece of evidence as it probably is very prejudicial agaist KC, the accused. That is the only reason they would ask for this at this point.

IMO this case is truly making a case for the SUnshine Laws to be overturned. If the defense (and her parents) can pick and choose what is released and what isn't then what is the point of the law in the first place?

everything the SA/LE does causes them "anguish"---they don't want anything released except their version.....

Exactly. Which is why they didn't want the gag order so they could keep on running their ridiculous imaginanny stories on tv and getting paid. (Selling pics; accommodations; meals; airfare; solicitation of donations; etc.)

When I hear or read the phrase "The Anthony's Want", I want to go POSTAL. They lost their right to "want" anything when they chose KC over innocent Caylee! IMHO

Check my sig line; ITA!

The notice of supplimental discovery was on June 8 and the motion to restrict disclosure was filed on the 10th so it hasn't been long at all. A better question, I have raised before, is why did it take them so long to release it. December is a long time ago.

Perhaps the reason they object is because they know how likely it is that the reporting and talk on line about it will be greatly embellished; little details added like the black band of death on the hair, among others, that aren't there in print. It amazes me how many things are stated as fact that simply are not, or at least have not been disclosed officially, if they are true.

The release of the autopsy results will have just the opposite affect. With the actual results available, it will end speculation and online discussion, as well as person to person conversation regarding this case, will discuss factual evidence, not speculative evidence.

OK wow....perhaps I have lost my perspective, but I think they have a good case for having the results sealed.

Maybe I have just had enough with this case...TMI I guess. But nothing about this child's earthly remains has been given any respect...what will it hurt to give what's left a little dignity??

The court has already ruled that photos will not be released. I'm not sure if you referred to those or the written report. If the pics, then I agree with you and the court. If the written report, I don't understand how that would not be respectful to her remains and would appreciate reading your reasoning on that. TIA

It sounds like the Autopsy Report is the Pass Free and Go Directly to Jail Card that will put Casey behind bars for the rest of her life if she doesn't get the needle. One has to wonder what Baez is telling KC because she seems to have no fear about her fate when you see her in the courtroom.
The Anthonys don't want the public to know the results of the autopsy because it will only strengthen the publics view that KC is indeed the killer of her daughter Caylee, from the autopsy findings.

Brad Conway is not a member of the defense team, and Cindy and George Anthony are not the defendants. They are material witnesses in a murder trial and therefore their emotional upheaval about material evidence is noted, but should not sway the carriage of justice in following the laws of Florida regarding discovery material.

ITA. Very well stated.

--------
Yeah they do, they want Casey released. I truly feel that they know that Casey murdered Caylee but they really do not want her to have to pay for her crime. She never has paid for what she has done and the Anthonys really just want her to be released and they can all go about their lives as if Caylee never had lived.

And I didn't think it could get better than JSR's post. Wow! chillingly accurate, imo.

I'm not sure that the autopsy results will definitively implicate Casey. I have a feeling it will show that Caylee more than likely suffered before she died. I really think there is evidence that will show Caylee was ALIVE when that duct tape was applied. And if it was, that gives the SA a really good reason to put the DP back on the table.

here is my 2cents...JB has asked BC to file this motion in the hope that the Judge will be sympathetic to the Grandparents, just like he was when he sealed GA suicide note, but one thing about that is it was stated in open court that that note had nothing to do with this case, well the same cannot be said for the autopsy report...

The defense wanted no gag order in this case, just so they could continue to spout about the imaginanny and so they could be flown all over the country to speak, it seems they think it is fair that they can try and taint the jury pool, but when it is time for evidence to come out, they want to scream that is going to taint the jury pool...They can't have it both ways...And once again had JB been an experienced trial attorney he would have fought like hell for a gag order...not fought against it..

I say release it all and let the chips fall where they may..

Kimmer

I agree. I really think there is going to be saliva or some other biological evidence on the sticky side of the tape. I have a feeling the tape is going to yield evidence that proves Caylee was ALIVE when that duct tape was placed over her mouth.

ITA and believe the technology is there to tell the story. That tape was in place until her body was recovered, taking the form of her mouth. To me that says it was put on tight. I don't know exactly how forensics can prove it was put on when she was alive, but I have great faith both in the state of art with forensics today plus the great deductive abilities of Dr G. xox

The release of the autopsy results will have just the opposite affect. With the actual results available, it will end speculation and online discussion, as well as person to person conversation regarding this case, will discuss factual evidence, not speculative evidence.

If that is the case then why am I still reading here, as recently as today, Nancy Grace's favorite myth, that the forensic report says there was a death band on the hair found in the trunk? It seems the less clear and detailed the evidence realeased is, the more time that goes on, the greater the myths become.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DorianM4C