Anthonys want autopsy results sealed AND ALL Autopsy Updates

Should the Anthonys have a say about the autopsy results being sealed?

• Yes - they are justified and should have a say in it

Votes: 35 6.4%
  • No - they shouldn't have a say in it

Votes: 505 91.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1000 pages of evidence is going to be released tomorrow ?

As for the A's wanting the autopsy results sealed...if I thought for one minute that this was about dignity for Caylee, I would say yes, without hesitation. It's not about dignity for Caylee, it's about Casey and the Anthony's. I guess the cross down at Suburban was about Caylee's dignity too ?

I think the media will fight the motion

I agree.

I wonder, if by the end of the day, we'll see another motion to seal the autopsy results from Baez.
I wonder also if this was the Discovery that was handed over to Baez weeks ago?

I'm sure the Anthony's have already seen the autopsy results. Why will releasing them now cause greater "angush" than if they are realeased later at trial? There is already endless speculation and discussion of what happened to Caylee. I think having MORE facts would help people understand what really happened and end some of the speculation.

Exactly!

So today is Thursday and the state is releasing this tomorrow...since C & G are asking for the autopsy results to be sealed will there be a hearing before tomorrow on this ?

The prosecutor's office said it plans to proceed with the release unless a judge intervenes.

Medical Examiner Dr. Jan Garavaglia said the results contain her "strong opinion" about what happened to Caylee. The toddler's death has already been publicly ruled a homicide, but Garavaglia said it would be impossible to determine how the toddler died.

The release is expected to include everything that has been released to the defense so far, but the exact contents have not been disclosed.

The toxicology results, which could reveal whether Caylee had been exposed to chloroform, could be included in the release. A previous discovery release included Internet searches for chloroform from Casey Anthony's computer.

The defense has also received raw video of private investigator Dominic Casey's search of the woods where Caylee's remains were later found and a 3D animation of the crime scene.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19724459/detail.html

Regardless of how they behave, I am truly sorry for the Anthony's loss, and the anguish they must feel over Caylee's murder and the unimaginable prospect that their own daughter is responsible for it. Nevermind the prospect of going through all of the grief in the public eye. I would like to think I'd handle it differently than they have, but, "let this cup pass away from me". I wouldn't wish the circumstances they awake to each morning on anyone.

That being said...IMHO there is a cause-and-effect to the Anthony's request to prevent the release of this specific information. IOW...the results convey something meaningful.

Rule of law = release it. Don't like it? Change the law.

Snipped from link:
In a motion filed by their attorney, George and Cindy Anthony argue that "the information contained within in the report will cause great anguish to the Anthony family."

The REPORT will cause great anguish?!

I can sympathize with anyone who has lost a family member in a tragic way but this arguement is being used as an excuse of convenience..They don't have to read the report themselves. It is forensics and facts. Plain and simple, IMO, they don't want to deal with the truth and they don't want true indisputable facts revealed...The report is a paper of facts and I would think it wouldn't cause as much 'anguish' if they didn't think this is what KC is responsible for...IMO

The prosecutor's office said it plans to proceed with the release unless a judge intervenes.

Medical Examiner Dr. Jan Garavaglia said the results contain her "strong opinion" about what happened to Caylee. The toddler's death has already been publicly ruled a homicide, but Garavaglia said it would be impossible to determine how the toddler died.

The release is expected to include everything that has been released to the defense so far, but the exact contents have not been disclosed.

The toxicology results, which could reveal whether Caylee had been exposed to chloroform, could be included in the release. A previous discovery release included Internet searches for chloroform from Casey Anthony's computer.

The defense has also received raw video of private investigator Dominic Casey's search of the woods where Caylee's remains were later found and a 3D animation of the crime scene.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19724459/detail.html

So does this mean that Dr. G did actually find something which leads her to have a "strong opinion" of the manner of death (considering that in the past she felt it would be impossible to determine a cause of death)? Do you all think this will be from the toxicolgy report? What else about the autopsy might be released that we haven't already heard, other than the tox screen??

I dunno, real grandparents would want to know the truth. No matter what it was, or how painful.

This information just might contain why the DP was placed back on the table.I am so sick of the defense "trying this case in the media and attempting to taint the jury pool."
I cannot EVER recall the prosecution making statements on any news program,morning show,GR,or any place.The release of discovery,is a release of facts.Someone needs to take the bull by the horns and put a stop to this nonsense propagated by the defense.The motions concerning the "video" is a case in point.This has dragged on so long.This is almost as painful as listening to CA interviews.Come on Judge S,let's follow the law,and get with the focus of what this is all about--the murder of a little girl!

I truly don't think that the release of the autopsy report before the trial will do anything but satisfy our curiosity. Both sides have obviously seen it, if it says anything incriminating for Casey, it will have to be addressed at the trial. JMO of course.

I voted "Other" because I can understand why any parents in this situation might ask to have the autopsy report sealed until trial, but I don't agree that they "should" have a say. I just don't understand why the Anthony's can't just be grandparents and parents. Why is it so hard to just say we love our daughter and we believe she is innocent and then just step back and be quiet for goodness sake. I can't help but think about all the other families involved in murder trials in the State of Florida, who just abide by the laws of that state. I don't quite understand the need for the Sunshine law but I don't live in Florida. I guess it just continues to amaze me that the whole Anthony family just feels so darn special and entitled, and there is nothing that they respect.....other people, laws, each other.......nothing. I hope that the autopsy is released because it is the law in that state. If this case has caused Florida to rethink this law for future cases, then down the line the Anthonys can work in support of that, but for now, it is what it is. Just please learn to stay quiet and stop clamoring for the limelight.

The defense successfully fought a gag order early on . . .

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: and :clap:

I could not agree more!! Best point I have seen all day!!!!

It irks me to no end that these people seem to think they are above and not bound by all of the rules and laws that every other citizen of the country are bound by. It doesn't seem to ever even matter the subject matter. If I lived in Florida I would be writing letters daily asking the reps there why it is that they can lie to LE, hide facts and bodies, chase and detain people...they even had people turned away from a CHURCH for goodness sake. Where does it end?!?!?!?!? I swear, it's a good thing I don't live there because I would probably end up in jail myself! I am not above the law. They wanted no gag order! I say release it all. Even photos of remains. People should see, so that Caylee may someday see justice, what they reduced this poor child to.

As anguished as the elder Anthonys may be with the release of the document, they are not the parent of Caylee and their emotional reaction can be noted, empathized with, but should not ultimately derail the adherence to the laws of the State of Florida.

I see this as yet one more attempt for the Anthony's to see whether they can get special consideration because they believe they are owed it.

IMO, the Anthonys knew where Caylee's body was thrown out long before it was discovered by the meter man. It didn't seem to bother Cindy and George that her little body was lying there for months for the animals, insects and the elements to destroy.

I respect your opinion but don't agree-I think if these folks had any idea of where Caylee's body was they would have moved it/disposed of it once they realized who had actually taken her life. Once the light dawned, they would have gone into clean up mode like they have done for years with their daughter.

I am curious as to why the ruling is taking so long, however...

I can understand why they don't want the info released but (not trying to be too graphic) we are talking about the autopsy of bones and a little hair. This is not an autopsy of someone that has just passed and has tissue, organs, etc. It's bones. They didn't object to the release of tox reports or anything else related to the remains so I don't think they have a valid arguement here. And let's face it the remains of JB Ramsey are all over the web (and that poor little girl was still a poor little girl and not a pile of bones. I don't want to sound crued but it's true) and there was never a murder trial there. What makes the A's so special?

Maybe I feel this way because I want to see the info but has they stated in their motion, the info will come out at trial, so what's the big deal wheither it's shown now or a year from now? I think it would be far harder for them to sit at the trial, their daughters life on the line, and hear forensic experts talk very scientifically about the remains.

http://www.wesh.com/news/19724301/detail.html

Perhaps their daughter shouldn't've killed their precious granddaughter then.

ETA, Hope I did this right. This is my first thread. All opinions are welcome, but please lets keep it civil.

WTG Reagan!

In a motion filed by their attorney, George and Cindy Anthony argue that "the information contained within in the report will cause great anguish to the Anthony family."

If the family has "anguish" over viewing what is goin on with this case then the family should turn off their TV and stay off the internet. Just hit the "control button", CA---go heady---hit it. CA has always hit the wrong "control button".

I voted they are justified only due to the fact I do not think this information needs to be out in the public at this time. We are talking about a 2 1/2 yo child here. Yes Casey is probably responsible for her daughters death but lets try this in the courtroom. And yes I do realize the FL sunshine laws require that everything that is released to the defense team is also privy to the media/public but some things I feel should just be kept sealed.

The defense opposed a gag order in this case and did not want the records sealed. They can't pick and choose what is ok to release and what isn't. Again, the Sandra Cantu case is sealed and it could have been done in this case but for the greed and incompetence of JAB and the greed and desire for the limelight of the grandparents.

We're not talking about release of photos, here. That, I too would oppose. The report? No way. Release it. They made this bed and they can lie in it. They're going to lie anyway, right? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea