Anthonys want autopsy results sealed AND ALL Autopsy Updates

Should the Anthonys have a say about the autopsy results being sealed?

• Yes - they are justified and should have a say in it

Votes: 35 6.4%
  • No - they shouldn't have a say in it

Votes: 505 91.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I again am not understanding this motion. I have never seen anything like this. It makes no sense. There are more brutal photos out there (and that is not what this motion is about). So what is the reasoning behind it? DNA or some kind of long standing (TY Cecy) trauma? Because holding it won't guarantee a pay check to the A's and holding out does only one thing, hurt the defense...I am not a doofus...I just do not flat out get this motion.

If I were a conspiracy type, I would say this was only a pretense and a precursor for the upcoming leak of autopsy photos that will follow, leaked by Baez as they need more money.

I'm thinking along similar lines....it seems like some kind of tactic or ploy to aid in some future nonsense they're cooking up. This "we're just the greiving grandparents" line they pull out when needed just makes me want to put my hand up to them and say "Paa-leez...talk to the hand! :hand:

My guess is Judge S will release autopsy reports. JMO

Don't know if this has been posted..

Prosecutors are expected to release hundreds of pages of documents to the public Friday in the case against Casey Anthony, but not the autopsy report on Caylee Anthony's remains.

In a motion made public Thursday, Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony, are asking that prosecutors be restricted from releasing the autopsy on the little girl, whose remains were discovered Dec. 11 in east Orange County. They were found less than a mile from the Anthony home.

Orange Circuit Court Stan Strickland issued an order late Thursday that will delay the release of the autopsy reports, which were expected to be made public on Friday, until the issue is addressed in court. He wants to hear from the media about the Anthonys' request.

"For reasons unknown to the court the motion was served only upon the State Attorney's Office," Strickland wrote in the order. "The real party in interest in this matter is the various news media."

More at the link...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...thony-autopsy-documents-61109,0,5615388.story

"Reasons unknown to the court". Isn't too hard to figure out why the motion wasn't properly served by Brad Conway. He is no dummy, he knows who's supposed to be served.

I'm thinking along similar lines....it seems like some kind of tactic or ploy to aid in some future nonsense they're cooking up. This "we're just the greiving grandparents" line they pull out when needed just makes me want to put my hand up to them and say "Paa-leez...talk to the hand! :hand:

My guess is Judge S will release autopsy reports. JMO

Hee! Hee! Paa-leez! :hand:

They really are transparent, aren't they?

Curious, where is the certified signed court order that "made CA/GA the custodians" of Caylee since BC brought this to our attention today in his motion?

Anyone ..........

Seems like BC has fallen down a few rungs of the ladder to make JB comfortable and not be down there by himself.

ETA: Read the motion and BC states KC gave a POA to the A's for custody of Caylee's remains. Was this released with previous doc dumps?

I don't believe so; seems like the POA wouldn't pulled into the criminal trial unless either the prosecution or the defense deemed it of evidentiary (or other) value. Also, they aren't usually filed with the court, so there's no public record in existence for the media to request.

"Reasons unknown to the court". Isn't too hard to figure out why the motion wasn't properly served by Brad Conway. He is no dummy, he knows who's supposed to be served.

I so totally agree with you! Don't think it was coincidental that the media was "erroneously" ommitted from being served less than 24 hours before the report is due to hit the airwaves. Me thinks Mr. Conway knew EXACTLY what he was doing in "forgetting" the media....and I bet he got the idea after recalling Strickland delayed the motion on the jail video after Baez "forgot" to include the media...

Why? I don't get it. Nicole Brown Simpson's remains were likely worse to view...Dale Earnhardt's right to block the press from seeing them was well within her rights to deny...but this is a murder victim...irregardless of the A's discomfort at the fact that their GD is dead she is dead...dead...time to deal or get therapy for it. There are no more Caylee sightings and there won't ever will be. And they have had time to at least acknowledge the fact that Caylee is no longer living. No longer. Eat it kid Finders if that is what this is about. IMO, it is about something else.

Yes, in most cases. Unless it's sealed by a Judge. And autopsy photos aren't released. Many times they're leaked though.

I requested and recieved Maria Lauterbach's autopsy report by mail. It did not cost anything. This was while Cesar Laurean was on the run in Mexico. He had been accused of Maria's murder at that point. He has only pled not guilty this very week. This was North Carolina as most of you know. North Carolina does not have a Sunshine Law but did release various documents way back.

Just commenting!

ETA: No photos, tho. Just the report. I agree with you, JSR.

No they haven't. Judge S just wants to hear from the media. There's no way Judge S will go against 1st amendment rights not to mention FL Sunshine Law. Nor will he look too fondly on the fact that BC conveniently forgot to serve the appropriate parties.

IMO Judge S is a brilliant judge. He crosses all his t's and dots all his I's. He wants to hear from all parties before issuing an order.

I know you are right. I would want him to do everything right so that this is not tossed out, however, I am frustrated beyond belief with this case.:banghead:

I don't believe so; seems like the POA wouldn't pulled into the criminal trial unless either the prosecution or the defense deemed it of evidentiary value. Also, they aren't usually filed with the court, so there's no public record in existence for the media to request.

Doing a search here I couldn't find one. Thanks, I agree with ya.

Well, obviously the results are going to reveal something that they don't want outted, so I guess it doesn't matter much whether it comes out now or comes out later, eventually it will come out, unless Casey takes a plea. 'Course, that would depend on whether a plea is on the table. It doesn't matter much to me whether it's sooner or later, it will be.

Just curious, how long has the defense had these "bombshell" documents?

May 6, 700 pages were released to defense. Another 100 pages were released about 3 weeks after that.

May 5, 8:31 am Notice of provision of supplemental discovery filed
May 21, 100 more pages filed

ETA: specific dates

Ok so at the beginning of all this I had voted yes (slapping my own hand) after being duly educated today by "you all" I now officially change my vote. Can I do that?

I totally believe that BC was deceptive in the way he filed this knowing that the SA is only following the rules set forth in FL. and therefore would have to direct his motion at the media.

I now do NOT believe that CA/GA have any say so over this any longer. (or actually ever did) They have had their public memorial/grieving process IMO and now are doing nothing more that trying to provide defense strategy for their daugher THE alleged killer of THEIR grand child. Evidently they do not have any faith in the judicial process as, if they truly believe that their daughter was NOT guilty of this they would be visiting her and staying out of the case completely and let the case work its way through the court process.

The ME describes the autopsy (as we know) in his/her report. Dr. G will comment about every step of her autopsy on Caylee. She will, IMO, describe the tape and what appeared to be on it. Could it be as someone else has stated, there was evidence of a biological nature? Dried traces of vomit and dried skin? Too graphic, sorry. Will she state that there appears to be fingerprints on the tape?

IDK, but whatever is in that report is extremely damaging or the Anthony's would not have objected to the release of it. I am just going to straight out admit that I do want to see it. I want to know.

Also, does anyone know when the media will request something to get their say in regarding the documents? How long is this going to take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2