Anthonys want autopsy results sealed AND ALL Autopsy Updates

Should the Anthonys have a say about the autopsy results being sealed?

• Yes - they are justified and should have a say in it

Votes: 35 6.4%
  • No - they shouldn't have a say in it

Votes: 505 91.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the A's can say in their defense is that it will cause them "anguish." The media's points will overpower theirs--the rules of the Sunshine Laws, fact that no other family gets special treatment like this, etc. They could go on forever with reasons and laws of why this should be released while the A's will be lucky to make five minutes worth of points "it's hard for our family, it will cause us anguish, we are still having trouble coping, etc." If the judge rules in their favor I will seriously be shocked.

Those two should try doing some of that ugly coping to get their minds off things. ;)

"Pending formal notice to the media, including the Orlando Sentinel, this Court will enter a temporary stay of the autopsy reports and findings set to be released. Following a written response to the motion by interested media the Court will either rule on the pleadings or set a hearing as necessary."

Does this mean once the media writes up their objection the judge can rule on the release without even having a hearing? I'm a bit confused by the statement "will either rule on the peladings or set a hearing".

You got it. He's saying once the media files their responses to the motion, he may make a ruling without a hearing, based solely on the info in the motion and the responses. (the pleadings)

If, on the other hand, it's not so black and white, he may hold a hearing to get more information on which to base his ruling. I'm betting the media will give him plenty on which to hang his hat but won't be surprised if there's a hearing.

Those two should try doing some of that ugly coping to get their minds off things. ;)

LOL- They did! Remember their recent cross stealing and subsequent car chase?! Guess that wasn't extreme enough, didn't get it out of their system. heh

I think I'd look for a more legit source for info. But that's just me.

ditto-1.gif

GoEnglish_com_ThePotCallingTheKettl.gif

I'm thinking along similar lines....it seems like some kind of tactic or ploy to aid in some future nonsense they're cooking up. This "we're just the greiving grandparents" line they pull out when needed just makes me want to put my hand up to them and say "Paa-leez...talk to the hand! :hand:

My guess is Judge S will release autopsy reports. JMO

I was totally with you until the hand stopped moving...

"Reasons unknown to the court". Isn't too hard to figure out why the motion wasn't properly served by Brad Conway. He is no dummy, he knows who's supposed to be served.

He likes his 11th hour motions, doesn't he? And probably won't bring his doctor notes, er, I mean POA with him to the hearing, either. It should have been attached to the motion, imo.

Ok so at the beginning of all this I had voted yes (slapping my own hand) after being duly educated today by "you all" I now officially change my vote. Can I do that?

I totally believe that BC was deceptive in the way he filed this knowing that the SA is only following the rules set forth in FL. and therefore would have to direct his motion at the media.

I now do NOT believe that CA/GA have any say so over this any longer. (or actually ever did) They have had their public memorial/grieving process IMO and now are doing nothing more that trying to provide defense strategy for their daugher THE alleged killer of THEIR grand child. Evidently they do not have any faith in the judicial process as, if they truly believe that their daughter was NOT guilty of this they would be visiting her and staying out of the case completely and let the case work its way through the court process.

Terrific! Thanks for sharing that info; good to know you have an open mind and can understand reasonable arguments against your initial impression of things. Means you're a pretty smart cookie, imo!

Having an autopsy report made public simply underscores and perhaps emphasizes that the death of this child was a crime and not simply the tragic "accident" the Anthonys have worked so hard to convince a jury it was.

When a child dies in a tragic accident, it is respectful to withhold the details of a post-mortem examination. When a child is the victim of a crime, the horror of certain details may be necessary to remind the jury of how unjust the event and how terribly violated the child was. .

Nothing about the death of this child indicates respect was showed by her family at any level. The person who killed her, (or allowed her to die and callously hid the event to avoid the consequences), and bagged her like garbage showed no respect. The grandparents insisting that she was a missing child and refusing to cooperate with those who sought to find her remains in a timely fashion was disrespectful. The fact that the family ate dinner at the Ritz and discussed media plans while LE was on their hands and knees searching for Caylee's little bones that had been scattered by the elements and by animals, due in large part to the delay they purposely brought on in their efforts to protect their own daughter and arrange for her defense was the height of disrespect. The gaudy, proprietary and superficial way they chose to memorialize her as if she were a cherished object bestowed especially on their family, and conversely, the way they were rude to the very people who they exploited for media attention when they wanted to grieve alongside them was extremely disrespectful.

None of the Anthony family has shown the search for justice and dignity this innocent baby deserved, from realizing the danger she was in by enabling their daughter, to protecting her from the harm that came to her. They have only sought to claim the grieving grandparent card as they have sought to claim any other privilege - when it suits their purposes only.

Little Caylee can suffer no further indignity than has already been heaped upon her by the hands of those to whom her safety was entrusted. If there are any salient facts in this autopsy that help contribute to justice or if it raises the awareness and anger of the public that children can be so mistreated, and someday helps prevent similar situations going forward, then I could care less about the Anthonys and their sensibilities.

They have shown that sensitivity is something they feel they are exclusively entitled to and everyone else is immaterial.

Come on people...have some compassion.

If it was your granddaughter ....you wouldn't want a say?

I know many of you don't care for the Anthonys...but take them out of the equation....then how would you answer?

I've thought about how to respond to not only your hypothetical question, but your admonition for compassion for the Anthonys. I almost didn't respond, but frankly I realized that I must. You see, the two little girls in this picture are not only my granddaughters, they're my reason for living.

As to your suggestion of compassion for the Anthony's, I have none. My compassion turned into contempt the moment they stepped into a limousine to head for the Ritz Carlton and crab puffs instead of demanding to go to the site to see and know that their worst nightmare had come true. Any possibility of compassion returning evaporated while they let their granddaughter's remains reside in a box at a funeral home for weeks until they could come up with the best way to gain attention for themselves and their daughter.

In response to your question of wouldn't I want a say as to her autopsy results, why would I care? My soul would have left with my granddaughter.

I am ashamed of myself for laughing inside but I think they actually made it worse! Now, instead of being released with 1000 other pages so the media and bloggers and public have 1000 pages to talk about and discuss, it will most likely be released BY ITSELF once the motion is denied. All by it's lonesome in between major dumps to an information thirsty public giving them nothing but the report to talk about. HAHAHAHAHA

Released with 1000 other pages it is a segment crowded with other info from the dump on Nancy Grace, but released on it's own it will be it's own whole show. If not release until trial, the suspense will have been unbearable and once it comes out, will be the focus of all eyes and attention when it finally makes it out of the Anthony hidey-hole. They constantly bring more attention to the things they try to hide and I actually may want to see the autopsy report all on it's own. Will allow me to focus more on the evidence at hand instead of tearing thru it to read the other 1000 pages.

Good point! :smile:

I've thought about how to respond to not only your hypothetical question, but your admonition for compassion for the Anthonys. I almost didn't respond, but frankly I realized that I must. You see, the two little girls in this picture are not only my granddaughters, they're my reason for living.

As to your suggestion of compassion for the Anthony's, I have none. My compassion turned into contempt the moment they stepped into a limousine to head for the Ritz Carlton and crab puffs instead of demanding to go to the site to see and know that their worst nightmare had come true. Any possibility of compassion returning evaporated while they let their granddaughter's remains reside in a box at a funeral home for weeks until they could come up with the best way to gain attention for themselves and their daughter.

In response to your question of wouldn't I want a say as to her autopsy results, why would I care? My soul would have left with my granddaughter.

I don't know if it is because my husband is known as "Papa" to our grandchildren,or what,but your post REALLY touched my heart,and the tears for Caylee have started all over again.Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

snipped

Absolutely, I do not believe they deserve special treatment - that's the whole point of my post - I believe ANY victim's family has the right to ask for an autopsy report to be withheld from the press if they choose to make such a request AND I believe the judge has to determine based on the laws of that state whether or not to release it - I am not saying whether or not he should release it - I am saying that I see nothing wrong or inappropriate about them asking the court to consider it.

Actually they don't according to Florida law. In fact the right in this case resides with the public to bear open witness to their government in action. The autopsy report is a public records document. Florida has taken steps to protect any photographs videos and actual images of the deceased, but the autopsy report is the official public report on how someone died. It cannot and should not be sealed or withheld on the whims of the family. There should be extremely few exceptions to this, such as cases of sexual abuse or assault of the deceased child. But for the most part the document must remain public. We cannot have secret deaths or secret homicides.

At the risk of being labeled an Anthony sympathizer...I think the autopsy should be sealed. I don't care if the Anthony's think it should or not, I think that out of respect for Caylee, there is no reason to release it to the public so people can gawk over it. We all know KC murdered dear Caylee and there is PLENTY of evidence to convict KC. Why do we need to hash and rehash Caylee's autopsy for months until trial?

I'm just one of twenty who agrees with the Anthonys on this one. <quiver>

ITA and believe the technology is there to tell the story. That tape was in place until her body was recovered, taking the form of her mouth. To me that says it was put on tight. I don't know exactly how forensics can prove it was put on when she was alive, but I have great faith both in the state of art with forensics today plus the great deductive abilities of Dr G. xox

---------------
Hi scandi, I agree! this is a bit O/T but about this case. I watch Dr.G. all the time.One night she was just speaking to all and brought up a case about a small child who had been murdered.The Defense (not liking her ans.) were questioning her.They wanted to know how much she had been paid to appear in Court. Her response ~ nothing ! she said she was there on her own time to speak for the dead child and to see justice done!! :)

P.S. When she spoke of Caylees' remains after autopsy she did mention there was duct tape but didnt go into detail.Take care.

At the risk of being labeled an Anthony sympathizer...I think the autopsy should be sealed. I don't care if the Anthony's think it should or not, I think that out of respect for Caylee, there is no reason to release it to the public so people can gawk over it. We all know KC murdered dear Caylee and there is PLENTY of evidence to convict KC. Why do we need to hash and rehash Caylee's autopsy for months until trial?

I'm just one of twenty who agrees with the Anthonys on this one. <quiver>

19; jm changed to a no after reading the arguments presented in the thread. Since photos are not going to be released, I don't understand how the clinical examination of the sparse remains is disrespectful. I've asked a few times but so far haven't gotten a response. Will you explain how the written report is disrespectful to Caylee? TIA

This may have already been asked and, if so, I apologize for the repeat.

How does Conway even have standing to file this motion? To my knowledge, there has been no amicus brief filed to make George and Cindy "friends of the court" and give them the right to file ANYthing. In my feeble mind, this is about as allowable as me walking into the clerk's office and filing a motion on behalf of myself and my friends (at WS, of course) demanding the release, because it is causing US anguish NOT to have access to the autopsy report.

And it seems obvious to me that the defense-minded attorneys, including Conway, have found a very simple, yet effective, way to get anything they want...at least for a while: just don't give notice to the interested parties, in this particular instance, the media. Then the judge will have no choice but to grant a temporary stay until all interested parties have been noticed.

Actually you have alot more standing to request the release of the documents. They are public records. the assumption is the public and any member thereoff may request them. It is in the seeking to block public access to public records where the onus of standing comes into play.

We've already heard that duct tape was across Caylee's mouth and that it had to be cut from her hair. And that there was a heart sticker on the duct tape. Those details are graphic.

The report will be clinical in comparison, IMO.

I don't think it is the autopsy report the Anthony's are worried about.

I think the Anthony's do not want the public to know why Caylee's murderer DOES deserve the death penalty. You know, the part about why Caylee's death was cruel and intentional...<no possibility it was an accident>.

Thanks Jolynna...............you jogged my memory! Shortly after the ME's press conference last December, in which she announced the identification of the remains, the manner of death (homicide) and stated that the cause of death was undetermined, there was an article in the local media.

In that article it quoted a detective who stated that there were several investigators on the Caylee Anthony case that had theorized prior to the remain being found, that Caylee's death had been accidental. But, once they viewed the remains and saw the autopsy report, those investigators all now believe that Caylee's death was a homicide.

So, there IS something in the autopsy report that will confirm the worse............that Caylee's death was cruel and intentional.

~bolded by me~
Maybe you can use your own love of your granchildren to recognise that trauma like this breaks a person. Maybe all love and positive characteristics that the anthonys had disappeared along with Caylee...because she was their reason for being and brought out the best in them.
(btw- I voted that the autopsy should be released- hurt feelings isnt a good enough reason to block the release).
PS: Your grandkids are lucky to have someone like you in their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne