2009.04.13 Baez requests phone records - POLL

Will Casey's defense team implicate someone else in Caylee's murder?

• No.

Votes: 24 7.3%
  • Yes, another member of the Anthony family.

Votes: 69 20.9%
  • Yes, one of Casey's former love interests.

Votes: 164 49.7%
  • Yes, a former/current friend of Casey's.

Votes: 100 30.3%
  • Yes, a stranger.

Votes: 46 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
AL and his roomates admitted to LE that they smoked pot.Gotta buy it from somebody :crazy:
I am so glad they came clean with LE from the getgo.AL knew what was really important and it was finding Caylee,not keeping up public appearances.

This guy, D something, deals in Meth as per docs and I can't put it all together now. It's true though. Sorry.

OK, I'm confused. The officers didn't conclude that KC contacted a drug dealer in error--they concluded that some other inmate used the wrong telephone code (KC's code instead of his own code) in error.

Can you provide a link for his number being in TL's phone book?? TIA.

I will sometime but why don't you sleuth this one out. You can start in post 126 dated 3/20/09 "cell phone, text records ...."

There is some information there that claims that DD's number was not in KC's phone book but was associated with AL as DD's number did appear in his phone book. There is more info on this in the latest doc. dump too.

Right now I'm trying to get clear on who requested a mtg. with whom as far as LE is concerned. Did you find your source for your claim about this?

So sad that the people who helped the most are the ones now getting slammed by KC's defense team. The most logical people to throw under the bus would be the ones who had access to Caylee,were last seen with Caylee,who had access to the items found at the scene,access to the computer [incriminating computer searches] and who have hindered the investigation.
Why isn't JB asking for THEIR phone records? :waitasec:
I think trying to implicate the good guys will just turn the jury off. But go ahead,JB, try it :bang:

It is sad but if they have nothing to hide, they have nothing to fear. Afterall, they were in the thick of things and involved with the mother. Are we to just ignore that?

Pretty much so from my view of ignoring the "drug" inference.

If LE and the FBI have cleared them, then that is more than good enough for me. I am not on a witch hunt to find so-called drug dealers and connect blank dots between AL and his friends because they freely admitted to smoking pot. Just like I don't need to waste time on the SODDI theory to appease JB's whim.

There isn't any substantial evidence that links much less proves drug dealers are involved. At least none that has been released. I do not believe there is a drug selling connection to Caylee's murder.

I am only interested in re-reading and familiarizing myself again with the docs that are nearly a year old and I started with AL because of his close connection with KC and I wanted to make sure I had a clear understanding of the calls and texts messages between them.

I don't know how to use docstoc. Do we have the document here on WS? The Official Docs thread contains all the documents - it's finding them that's difficult. If you have the release date it's not that hard. Can you provide that? Please.
What does this mean?
You click the link, and the document should be right there.

I don't know how to use docstoc. Do we have the document here on WS? The Official Docs thread contains all the documents - it's finding them that's difficult. If you have the release date it's not that hard. Can you provide that? Please.

It looks like a doc dump released March 5th 2009. I still have yet to master the search function here at WS. I'm leaving work now but if nobody has posted the document from WS I will be more than happy to try and find it for you tommorow.

countzero, thanks again btw! :hug:

Some links:

Tony/Lee Meeting:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/acrobat/2009-03/45412784.pdf

p. 4 Officer Edwards told SA Duke that Tony L had received a phone call from Lee A asking Tony to meet with him to discuss the case. Officer Edwards asked SA Duke to work with Tony. SA Duke agreed to provide Tony with recording equipment and monitor the meeting. Officer Melich had Tony call Lee back. The call went to voice mail. Tony left a message for Lee agreeing to the meeting. Later, Lee called back.

p. 9 July 29 at 11:11 am, SA Duke told Yuri that the meeting would take place later that day. SA Duke arranged to meet Tony to set up the recording devices.

p. 10 SA Duke instructed Tony to call Lee and set up the meeting. Tony called Lee. Lee said he would call back. Lee called back. Tony said he would call him back. ;) Tony called Lee, the meeting was set up. Tony met with SA Duke and officers to get wired, and the meeting took place. SA Duke eventually called Tony and told him to wrap up the meeting, at Yuri's instruction. Tony did so and then reported back to the officers to return the recording equipment.

D Davis number

http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0807/20317220.pdf

p. 2-3 Yuri asked for the owners of 4 telephone numbers, including 863-***-5355 and 631-***-5443. The results are listed in the order he asked for them. The -5355 number belonged to D Davis "and was not in Casey Anthony's cellular phone address book." The -5443 number (BUT IN AN OBVIOUS TYPO IT WAS LISTED AGAIN AS THE -5355 NUMBER) belonged to Tony L "and was in Casey Anthony's cellular phone address book."

p. 5 Both Tony L and D Davis appear in the list of people Casey tried to call from jail.

p. 23 D Davis's number appeared on call records for Anthony D, a meth dealer (not Anthony L, Casey's boyfriend). Officers later figured out that Casey had not called D Davis--another inmate had used her PIN number.

HOWEVER, here's what you might have been thinking of: p. 9 of this same document, both Casey (on July 15) and Tony called a person who was called by another person who was somehow involved in some drug case in 2002 (which doesn't mean the person called was involved in the drug case--the DEA has a huge database of phone records so they can "fish" for connections). I'm not sure we've ever seen the results of this connection. Looking at Casey's July 15 cell records and cross-referencing with Tony's records, one possible person who would fit this bill would be Tony's dad.

Some links:

Tony/Lee Meeting:

p. 4 Officer Edwards told SA Duke that Tony L had received a phone call from Lee A asking Tony to meet with him to discuss the case. Officer Edwards asked SA Duke to work with Tony. SA Duke agreed to provide Tony with recording equipment and monitor the meeting. Officer Melich had Tony call Lee back. The call went to voice mail. Tony left a message for Lee agreeing to the meeting. Later, Lee called back.

p. 9 July 29 at 11:11 am, SA Duke told Yuri that the meeting would take place later that day. SA Duke arranged to meet Tony to set up the recording devices.

p. 10 SA Duke instructed Tony to call Lee and set up the meeting. Tony called Lee. Lee said he would call back. Lee called back. Tony said he would call him back. ;) Tony called Lee, the meeting was set up. Tony met with SA Duke and officers to get wired, and the meeting took place. SA Duke eventually called Tony and told him to wrap up the meeting, at Yuri's instruction. Tony did so and then reported back to the officers to return the recording equipment.

D Davis number

http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0807/20317220.pdf

p. 2-3 Yuri asked for the owners of 4 telephone numbers, including 863-***-5355 and 631-***-5443. The results are listed in the order he asked for them. The -5355 number belonged to D Davis "and was not in Casey Anthony's cellular phone address book." The -5443 number (BUT IN AN OBVIOUS TYPO IT WAS LISTED AGAIN AS THE -5355 NUMBER) belonged to Tony L "and was in Casey Anthony's cellular phone address book."

p. 5 Both Tony L and D Davis appear in the list of people Casey tried to call from jail.

p. 23 D Davis's number appeared on call records for Anthony D, a meth dealer (not Anthony L, Casey's boyfriend). Officers later figured out that Casey had not called D Davis--another inmate had used her PIN number.

HOWEVER, here's what you might have been thinking of: p. 9 of this same document, both Casey (on July 15) and Tony called a person who was called by another person who was somehow involved in some drug case in 2002 (which doesn't mean the person called was involved in the drug case--the DEA has a huge database of phone records so they can "fish" for connections). I'm not sure we've ever seen the results of this connection. Looking at Casey's July 15 cell records and cross-referencing with Tony's records, one possible person who would fit this bill would be Tony's dad.

Ding, ding, ding. And the winner is .............. :Crown: AZlawyer :highfive:

Just finished downloading, reading them and was composing myself a nice reply and you said it for me. Much thanks.

Now, that cleared up one confusion for me.

Now, yesterday in a post you told me there was a phone call between AL and KC the morning of 7.16 when KC had just gotten back from LE and driving around. Well I found the text messages, 7:25 am the last one, but no phone call. Can ya help a friend out here and point me in the direction of this doc.

Ding, ding, ding. And the winner is .............. :Crown: AZlawyer :highfive:

Just finished downloading, reading them and was composing myself a nice reply and you said it for me. Much thanks.

Now, that cleared up one confusion for me.

Now, yesterday in a post you told me there was a phone call between AL and KC the morning of 7.16 when KC had just gotten back from LE and driving around. Well I found the text messages, 7:25 am the last one, but no phone call. Can ya help a friend out here and point me in the direction of this doc.

I think the phone call was in between KC's first driving-around session with LE (going to Sawgrass, etc.) and the second one (Universal, then jail ;) ).

I don't have a redacted version of the cell records, and I hate to post the full version because it just adds to the violation of everyone's privacy. Here's the one line regarding that phone call:

7/16/08 WED 7:27:04 AM OUTGOING CALL Casey Anthony Anthony "Anthony L" L(Cell) 122 min

I think the phone call was in between KC's first driving-around session with LE (going to Sawgrass, etc.) and the second one (Universal, then jail ;) ).

I don't have a redacted version of the cell records, and I hate to post the full version because it just adds to the violation of everyone's privacy. Here's the one line regarding that phone call:

7/16/08 WED 7:27:04 AM OUTGOING CALL Casey Anthony Anthony "Anthony L" L(Cell) 122 min

Now that makes sense because the last text was at 7:25am where AL says why aren't you calling me ...... then it ends.

Again, thanks so much for clearing this one for me.

Hrm, at first it seems obvious the defense is trying to hose AL, but if they are requesting any and all phone records, two things come to mind:

A. It may not be AL they are trying to throw under the bus, but the procecution. I have a hunch that they are trying to look for something to incriminate LE. Perhaps not following protocol, or something dealing with LE's working relationship with AL that would throw a few wrenches or tear a few holes in the case.

B. In the clickorlando article, the defense is quoted as needing the records to "search for the truth" - which indicates to me, they have nothing, but they are leaving no stone unturned to find SOMETHING to get KC off the hook and they are dying for the slightest technicality for their client.

I don't know about you guys but I can't wait for trial time to begin to figure out what on Earth JB is going to use for a defense.

Bold is mine

That she didn't do it. I really do not think her "legal" defense will differ much from the"(Im)moral" one she's been using with her family all this time.

I will sometime but why don't you sleuth this one out. You can start in post 126 dated 3/20/09 "cell phone, text records ...."

There is some information there that claims that DD's number was not in KC's phone book but was associated with AL as DD's number did appear in his phone book. There is more info on this in the latest doc. dump too.

Right now I'm trying to get clear on who requested a mtg. with whom as far as LE is concerned. Did you find your source for your claim about this?

TonE was helping LE. We saw the video in one of the doc dumps. We watched Lee get in the car. He!!, we watched LE yell at TonE for cranking the tunes before Lee showed up.

Why in the world would you NOT think that LE suspected everyone surrounding Casey this early in the case. There is nothing sacred about TL - they suspected him just as much, if not more, as they suspected Lee. Do we even know if Lee was in town on June 15/16, 2008?

The facts, let's get some facts. What "we think" is not going to fly in court.

Woe, the facts are that TL handed over his phone records, allowed LE to put a tracer on his phone even after Casey was in jail, he wore a wire to meet with Lee and he took a lie detecter test and has been cleared by LE.

Is he a nice guy? no, I seriously doubt it but why are we back at blaming him again?

TL didn't reveal too much during the wire session. Didn't offer much. Didn't ask too many searching questions. Lee did most of the talking. When Lee asked TL a question, Lee practically answered the question for TL. I'm pretty sure that LE setup Lee to talk to TL but then turned it around so that TL thought he was talking to Lee for LE. In the docs - months ago - there was a sentence alluding to this fact that Lee had approached LE asking for a meeting with TL. I noticed it because I had asked earlier on WS if that could have been a possible scenario. Why Lee jabbered his head off I don't know. He should have put TL under more pressure to answer certain questions imo.

Has it been discussed yet that in the recent doc dump that the drug dealer that KC supposedly contacted in error from the jail - his number is in TL's phone book. What a coinkydink. Why would this be?

One more thing; Susie sells seashells at the seashore.:crazy:

Bold areas are bolded by me.

Because he is his mothers son.

In part 4 of the Lee/TonE meeting they mention TonE and Casey talking "forever". I don't know if this is the call you are refering to or not but here is the link. It starts at about 5:26-5:30.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/040609_Lazaro_meets_Lee_Anthony_part_four

What does this mean?
You click the link, and the document should be right there.

Really? Thanks. I tried that once and they asked me to register and stuff. I'm always afraid to go where I don't know if I should go. How come I was asked to register when I went there on my own? How come the document would not be here on WS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member