Lyons' talk of 'Mitigation'

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading all of the incredibly knowledgeable input on this thread it sounds like the mitigation investigation is two-pronged. First to discover and disclose, at the sentencing or DP phase of the trial, why Casey may have done the horrid act (verbal/sexual abuse, dysfunction family, personality disorder, etc). And secondly, to try to present the image that the family is loving, supportive, caring and worried about the penalty Casey may have to pay.

These two goals seem diametrically opposed, at least highly unobtainable. In any case, it's hard for me to imagine that a family meeting (with or without cameras) would prove fruitful for either cause. (And certainly they should not be graced with any exceptions to the rules and provisions that other inmates and family's are held to!!!)

Is Lyon's definition and expectations of a mitigation investigation purely theoretical or is it just me? There must be something I have mixed up or don't understand. Can anyone help me out here?

It shows that JB was breaking the jail rules. which might be seen if anyone views the tapes of their meetings. Kinda hard not to notice papers being passed to the client that looks like letters...
Can't they use the USPS? I kinda remember CA talking about mailing her a Bible...after JB misplaced the one she gave him. (Wonder now if that was all code for something? LOL)

Can' they use the USPS? I kinda remember CA talking about mailing her a Bible...after JB misplaced the one she gave him. (Wonder now if that was all code for something? LOL)

I think that books and mags can't be just dropped off. Again,it's the drugs and contraband issue. It might be why JB didn't give the Bible to KC in the first place. However, Cindy might have ordered a Bible from amazon, etc.. and had it sent to KC.

Yes, they can use USPS to send their mail. When it's received at the jail, it would be opened and read, before KC got it. And when KC mailed stuff, it would aslo be read before it was sent out. Giving it to the lawyer, was cutting out the jail monitoring communications to and from the inmate. Which is against the rules. Which is why when the rumors was flying, the Jail posted a BIG sign to make sure everyone understood. that lawyers can't play postman. <wink>

WOW! that really struck me hard when you pointed that out!!! Gave me goose bumps and made me tear up to visualize baby Caylee singing the Sunshine song and begging not to take her "Sunshine" away .... then we have the Florida "Sunshine" laws that are allowing a voice for Caylee to be heard! I wish I was artistic enough to make a graphic/video to represent this beautiful analogy. Anyone capable of doing that????

I'm not very good at this, but I made this one for you.

caylees_sun.jpg

I'm not very good at this, but I made this one for you.

caylees_sun.jpg

Beautifully done!! That puts a whole new twist to Caylee singing You Are My Sunshine!
337238001173512558.gif

So the defense wants Prosecution to take their responsibility for KC 's emotional well being and mental health more seriously?? I say let the psychiatrists at her.

This "mitigation" crap just hits me the wrong way. I have my OWN little Casey Anthony in my life, a Step-Daughter that I have watched lie, steal, manipulate, forged cheques on her dead mothers estate acct, forged/changed the amount on a birthday cheque from me, stole thousands from her dad, had fake jobs, denied a blossoming belly was a pregnancy (she claimed it was too many donuts and her father believed her), and NOW has shown up, after 3 months missing, with a BABY! Her Father's inability to stick to any consequences and enabling her outrageous lies has fueled the fire...BUT...she IS, imo, a true Sociopath.

I awoke one morning last week to find her and a Boy I have never met, after 3 months missing, sitting in the livingroom of our $500,000 dollar home, doing a WELFARE APP with a social worker! I made it clear she hadn't lived with us for 3 months...and the worker then said "So, you don't know about the Baby"! omg...I worry that little baby, if she gets it back, it's in Childrens Aid, will end up like poor Caylee.

Imo...some people are just plain evil. I'm leaving...it's just too sick and she's not my daughter, I have no power, her father protects her and I need to protect my children from her. George should have done the same.

This "mitigation" crap just hits me the wrong way. I have my OWN little Casey Anthony in my life, a Step-Daughter that I have watched lie, steal, manipulate and NOW has shown up, after 3 months missing, with a BABY! Her Father's inability to stick to any consequences and enabling her outrageous lies has fueled the fire...BUT...she IS, imo, a true Sociopath.

I awoke one morning last week to find her and a Boy I have never met, after 3 months missing, sitting in the livingroom of our $500,000 dollar home, doing a WELFARE APP with a social worker! I made it clear she hadn't lived with us for 3 months...and the worker then said "So, you don't know about the Baby"! omg...I worry that little baby, if she gets it back, it's in Childrens Aid, will end up like poor Caylee.

Imo...some people are just plain evil. I'm leaving...it's just too sick. George should have done the same.

My prayers are with you.

So the defense wants Prosecution to take their responsibility for KC 's emotional well being and mental health more seriously?? I say let the psychiatrists at her.

Yep!

She's been seen by two shrinks.

She gets medical attention when she's upset (like, when the body was found).

What more does she need?

This "mitigation" crap just hits me the wrong way. I have my OWN little Casey Anthony in my life, a Step-Daughter that I have watched lie, steal, manipulate, forged cheques on her dead mothers estate acct, forged/changed the amount on a birthday cheque from me, stole thousands from her dad, had fake jobs, denied a blossoming belly was a pregnancy (she claimed it was too many donuts and her father believed her), and NOW has shown up, after 3 months missing, with a BABY! Her Father's inability to stick to any consequences and enabling her outrageous lies has fueled the fire...BUT...she IS, imo, a true Sociopath.

Imo...some people are just plain evil. I'm leaving...it's just too sick and she's not my daughter, I have no power, her father protects her and I need to protect my children from her. George should have done the same.

I will light a candle for you and that baby.. I don't think you need any advice from me, but for what is it worth to anyone who may read.. the best defense against the crazyness of a psychopath, in my opinion, is to get well away from them. Not only are they impossible to deal with, but they somehow wind up with a bunch of people supporting and enabling them, at YOUR expense. Been there, done that, have the scars to prove it.

So true, no one is keeping them from visiting. It's a CHOICE that is being made. That makes the whole motion a waste of time.

The Judge should ask AL if she is asking him to ORDER the A's to go see their daughter and ORDERING KC to visit with her family. Is THAT what she is asking??

LOL! Nope, can't force folks. She is just trying to blow smoke over the fact that this family has chosen not to visit each other. And that looks bad for her client.

The Anthonys say they support KC. They show up at court. They've tried to use the media to plead her case. It's always seemed absurd to me that they don't visit her in jail. They wear shamrocks to send her support. They send her messages of love and honor from Caylee's televised funeral. However, what parent loves and supports their child with legal problems but never, ever visits them in jail...for a year or more? It makes no sense, and I've always wondered "what's up with that?" So visits are taped. You know that. You act accordingly. You go in their and tell the kid to tell the truth. You go in and say, "We know we can't talk but lets just sit her and look at each other because we want to be here for you and we want you to feel it." You go in sit their and read her books or magazine articles. Whatever. You watch what you say knowing it'll probably come out on TV or you don't care if it does. Maybe you just have surface conversations, but you go. And they let you. You march in there and support them the best you can...if you want to. That isn't happening. There must be something REALLY BIG going on here that is standing in the way.

Anyone think that perhaps the Anthonys' communicate with Casey through Jose via computer, even perhaps live using computer cams? Could they do that? It seems impossible that haven't done anything to touch base with her since last October. If that's really the case, it makes me think somebody's got something HUGE to hide and they aren't taking any chances.

I will light a candle for you and that baby.. I don't think you need any advice from me, but for what is it worth to anyone who may read.. the best defense against the crazyness of a psychopath, in my opinion, is to get well away from them. Not only are they impossible to deal with, but they somehow wind up with a bunch of people supporting and enabling them, at YOUR expense. Been there, done that, have the scars to prove it.

See, this is why I have hope! Here you are able to say this. Some people, most people, can survive this horrid exposure to these psychos without a toddler's death! But we have to be aware and find ways to support people in your position. How can we do that before those scars begin? How did you know to do whatever you did before a child died? How can we help?

After reading all of the incredibly knowledgeable input on this thread it sounds like the mitigation investigation is two-pronged. First to discover and disclose, at the sentencing or DP phase of the trial, why Casey may have done the horrid act (verbal/sexual abuse, dysfunction family, personality disorder, etc). And secondly, to try to present the image that the family is loving, supportive, caring and worried about the penalty Casey may have to pay.

These two goals seem diametrically opposed, at least highly unobtainable. In any case, it's hard for me to imagine that a family meeting (with or without cameras) would prove fruitful for either cause. (And certainly they should not be graced with any exceptions to the rules and provisions that other inmates and family's are held to!!!)

Is Lyon's definition and expectations of a mitigation investigation purely theoretical or is it just me? There must be something I have mixed up or don't understand. Can anyone help me out here?

Andrea firmly believes that the death penalty is wrong under any circumstances. She's a bleeding heart/noble do-gooder/*famous* defense lawyer.

Ergo, you should believe anything she says.

BTW, are you interested in any oceanfront property in Iowa? I believe she has some for sale.

Wishing you strength.

You are in our prayers. Yes, you must protect your children. Thank God you are strong enough to do it.

Yep!

She's been seen by two shrinks.

She gets medical attention when she's upset (like, when the body was found).

What more does she need?

That's more than most people get. And she even gets house calls.

BBM :clap: I agree w/ you, some people are evil. And some people don't get it--that misplaced loyalty and devotion to people who are not worthy never fixes the problems. It just sacrifices others who are far more deserving of that loyalty and devotion. And BTW, George is not 1/4 of the person you are. It takes a certain strength of character to do what you are doing. He lacks it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipstar2