2008.06.16 James T. says he saw Caylee alive around Noon #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this guy was mistaken and it was a Target instead of Walmart as Target usually has interior and exterior doors. Based upon KC's previous shopping she usually went to Target. My girls like Target better than Walmart and usually only go to Target. (just a thought - maybe the pings will line up and the Target store might be closer to the guy's computer store).

It does not make sense to me that LE would add someone to testify who would name an incorrect store. If he doesn't know what store he is at, he is probably wrong in everything else, too.

The ping evidence doesn't sound too good for the prosecution. How soon do you think JB will come out and try to discredit this account using the pings?

Is there any reference made that Caylee received a new beanie baby that last week? Was one found in the car or did GA/CA mention one? That would help substantiate his testimony.

Since he has been added as a secondary witness, I will not immediately discount his story. It is really odd that it took so long to come out, though.

Also, since he is listed as a witness, will he not be seen doing any interviews on TV? I guess Nancy will have him on by tomorrow night if he is allowed.

FWIW...posted on the ping thread for 6/10 [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4222778&postcount=20"]here[/ame]. Tuesday, 6/10, 1:16-3PM, fits the pings and JT's statement as the most likely date & time of Casey & Caylee's visit to the Techbay store.

Suggest that after Casey & Caylee picked up Tony @ his apartment and dropped him off @ Tom's Auto Repair to pick up his Jeep that afternoon...the two stopped at Techbay. Techbay is 1 mile south of Tom's Auto Repair (if I have addy's correct) w/ both being along North Orlando Ave (Tom's on a side road).

Every single WalMart I have ever gone to (and there were dozens across the nation) have a side door in a hallway where the pop machines are and it is a manual single door.

I have 3 Wal Marts in close proximity to me and each are different but they all have at least 1 manual door. One has both manual on the sides and automatic ones on the outside and once inside the foyer there are another set of doors both automatic and manual. Another has automatic and manual doors in the front and a manual outer and inner door over by the auto center. The other one has a smaller foyer with both automatic and manual outer and inner doors.

I think the outer manual door thing is a given in all walmarts. The question would be are there inner manual doors as well.

I would think that manual doors would be a requirement because if the store lost power the auto doors would not work and everyone would be trapped inside.

It does not make sense to me that LE would add someone to testify who would name an incorrect store. If he doesn't know what store he is at, he is probably wrong in everything else, too.

The ping evidence doesn't sound too good for the prosecution. How soon do you think JB will come out and try to discredit this account using the pings?

Is there any reference made that Caylee received a new beanie baby that last week? Was one found in the car or did GA/CA mention one? That would help substantiate his testimony.

Since he has been added as a secondary witness, I will not immediately discount his story. It is really odd that it took so long to come out, though.

Also, since he is listed as a witness, will he not be seen doing any interviews on TV? I guess Nancy will have him on by tomorrow night if he is allowed.

Well, if you ask my hubby which store he might reply "Walmart" for any Target, K-Mart, Walmart, Shopko, etc "type" store. I was just speculating as most Targets do have 2 sets of front doors (at least the ones ( have been to).
Looks like BJB has figured out ping dates. I haven't seen anything about beanie baby toys but in the doc dump today it does mention a barbie and a broken barbie leg(s) found at the scene of the remains. Seems like there was some chatter about a Dora the Explorer toy horse found somewhere (early on in the case).

Well, if you ask my hubby which store he might reply "Walmart" for any Target, K-Mart, Walmart, Shopko, etc "type" store. I was just speculating as most Targets do have 2 sets of front doors (at least the ones ( have been to).
Looks like BJB has figured out ping dates. I haven't seen anything about beanie baby toys but in the doc dump today it does mention a barbie and a broken barbie leg(s) found at the scene of the remains. Seems like there was some chatter about a Dora the Explorer toy horse found somewhere (early on in the case).

Wait! Wasn't there a stuffed animal found in the shed (IIRC) that Cindy said she'd never seen before??

FWIW...posted on the ping thread for 6/10 here. Tuesday, 6/10, 1:16-3PM, fits the pings and JT's statement as the most likely date & time of Casey & Caylee's visit to the Techbay store.

Suggest that after Casey & Caylee picked up Tony @ his apartment and dropped him off @ Tom's Auto Repair to pick up his Jeep that afternoon...the two stopped at Techbay. Techbay is 1 mile south of Tom's Auto Repair (if I have addy's correct) w/ both being along North Orlando Ave (Tom's on a side road).
BJB

Did you happen to check out the distance to the Castleberry Walmart from Tom's Auto too? I think you might be right about that being the day they were in TechBay - but I'm also thinking that perhaps he could have spotted them at the Walmart that day and maybe they were in his store a week earlier than that.

IIRC we discussed the pings from the tower near Tom's auto and the difficulty of occupying a toddler in a repair shop for an hour and a half and the possibility of some shopping nearby and before eating at Subway and heading back to TL's. Again, IIRC, the pings during that hour and a half all came from same tower so whether KC & Caylee went to TechBay, Walmart, or others (including I think the one where friends of the A's reported seeing them in a shopping center) could have all been in that same hour and a half and TL could have been waiting at the repair shop or in a store next door or whatever - if they are all in close enough proximity to ping from same tower(s).

BJB

Did you happen to check out the distance to the Castleberry Walmart from Tom's Auto too? I think you might be right about that being the day they were in TechBay - but I'm also thinking that perhaps he could have spotted them at the Walmart that day and maybe they were in his store a week earlier than that.
*snipped*

Yes...got into that a little on the 6/10 ping thread (link above). Haven't had time to ck the week prior yet. Posting re: 6/16 pings next.

Not very well organized I'm afraid, but, here's a quick post in the 6/16 ping thread describing that - IF we consider the pings only - it would've been possible for Casey & Caylee to be leaving Casselberry Walmart ~11:17AM 6/16 and be back @ G&C's by the next ping there @ 11:43AM (and phone use @ 11:47AM).

That being said...the computer forensics have to be checked, because IIRC, there was some Photobucket activity that would've eaten into the 2hr & 57 minute window 'tween 8:46-11:43AM to accomplish the minimum 1hr roundtrip. So...needs some work...but there's a start for you. HTH.

Details [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4222877&postcount=338"]here[/ame].

Or but a cable to connect her laptop with someone else's and use their screen on their laptop.

except that she wasn't planning on actually paying for it (hence asking if he accepted cheques), so why not get something new for free ...

Not very well organized I'm afraid, but, here's a quick post in the 6/16 ping thread describing that - IF we consider the pings only - it would've been possible for Casey & Caylee to be leaving Casselberry Walmart ~11:17AM 6/16 and be back @ G&C's by the next ping there @ 11:43AM (and phone use @ 11:47AM).

That being said...the computer forensics have to be checked, because IIRC, there was some Photobucket activity that would've eaten into the 2hr & 57 minute window 'tween 8:46-11:43AM to accomplish the minimum 1hr roundtrip. So...needs some work...but there's a start for you. HTH.

Details here.

Has anyone in the past done a spreadsheet showing both the phone activity times in tandem with the computer activity times. I tried at one point and gave up, but maybe someone else? Between the two combined, we'd have a really strong idea of what happened when.

Overall it looked like there was precious little time for much else. Thanks BJB.

I hope I get this link right for ya'll - it is to a post by JWG on the computer forensics thread. It seems that there was no computer usage between noon and two o'clock.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3033912&postcount=94"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Computer Forensics[/ame]

Maybe this guy was mistaken and it was a Target instead of Walmart as Target usually has interior and exterior doors. Based upon KC's previous shopping she usually went to Target. My girls like Target better than Walmart and usually only go to Target. (just a thought - maybe the pings will line up and the Target store might be closer to the guy's computer store).

Just to be sure (because we all know how much KC loved Tarjay), there is also a Target in Casselberry at 4410 S US Highway 17/92.

Would that make a difference in ping-osity?

I don't know what you have against me. I have a right to express my thoughts just like you. I can say what I want. Leave me alone.

I, like you, think EVERYTHING needs to be looked at, EVEN the damn doors lol.;)

OMG AZ :shocked2:

The beanie baby => the duct tape => shed.

Check pp. 13-15 of this (very big) document:

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/evidence%20reports.pdf

It is a little unclear exactly where the stuffed animal was found, but the search being described in these pages was solely of the back yard and storage areas (including the sheds). The stuffed animal is not further described. The report says that "the stuffed animal was shown to Cynthia Anthony, who said she never saw the stuffed animal before."

Check pp. 13-15 of this (very big) document:

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/evidence%20reports.pdf

It is a little unclear exactly where the stuffed animal was found, but the search being described in these pages was solely of the back yard and storage areas (including the sheds). The stuffed animal is not further described. The report says that "the stuffed animal was shown to Cynthia Anthony, who said she never saw the stuffed animal before."

I wish they had been more specific in their description besides "stuffed animal"

What an interesting post! I wasn't aware of the manual door rule regarding religion!

I'm not sure about the States, but where I live in Canada, there is no such law. Businesses are required to have emergency doors and perhaps the manual ones fit that requirement, in case of power failure or a problem with the automatic sensors. I work in retail & we have automatic doors for customers that are really difficult to open when the switch is off, so we also have other manual emergency doors. Customers cannot enter through the manual doors - they are kept locked & only used to exit via an emergency bar. Just my take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000