Identified! NY - Manhattan, LIVING girl, 14-17, amnesia, Oct'09 - Kacie Peterson

Not Kara.

The lost girl never wore braces in her life. Look at her teeth.

From her teeth alone I can tell you she is not from the tri-state area.

Teeth may have shifted dramatically since braces were removed. Without regular orthodontic appts./not wearing retainer, that could explain movement of teeth (I know mine did!)

Also, depending on where this girl has been and what's shes been, it could explain the condition of her teeth. No access to dental care, no toothbrush, a diet high in sugar based substances or food containing dyes, lack of fluoride in water in area where she's originally from/grew up, symptoms from a medical condition (scarlet fever can produce discolored adult teeth in young children) could all be factors that should be examined.

I'm not necessarily sold on the fact that this is either Amber or Kara...but exploration of all avenues is a good idea at this point, since this girl doesn't really have a lot of identifying info to go. At the very least, it's getting people talking about Amber and Kara and hopefully the more people that see this, the quicker all three girls will get home to their families.

Read comment #41 in the story linked in the first post.

I don't know that I believe a commenter on a story - but if that person made the call...Kara's dad was probably contacted previously.

I would like to see a full body of both...Sandra is said to be approx. 200 lbs, Doe looks smaller than that in face. HOWEVER, if she's been living on street, that could easily explain any weight difference.

Also, Doe info says her eyes are BLUE, and they don't look as blue to me as Sandra's are? Maybe bad lighting in Doe pic? Sandra's eyebrows are also shorter--however maybe Sandra used to get her waxed etc.

Doe also has very light complexion/hair...she looks to be 100% Caucasian to me.

Worth a try to check out though! At this point, its anyone's guess as to who this young lady is!

Kara maybe? I've posted this on Kara's thread and the other NYC thread.

A previous poster stated that someone had talked to Kara's father and this is not her. Not sure if this is verifiable at this time. But I personally don't think Jane Doe looks like Kara. JMO.

It seems odd that she would know her age but not her name, her family, where she is from, what happened to her etc. Although, I don't know much about amnesia, and she DOES remember the excerpt from that book. So maybe retaining random information is common???

What's up with the picture in that link?

Also, just a thought, if she happened to be 18 or older, could she possibly be
a returned soldier (marine, army, etc) with extreme PTSD? The only reason I ask is because she was found in tattered camo pants and a black t-shirt. She had to get that clothing somewhere, not to say you can't get it at a 2nd hand clothing store, etc. Just an offhand thought here.
ETA: Some of the articles even specifically say Military Camoflauge, and then also the short haircut could be due to this as well.

And one last thing. I'm very curious as to the story behind this girl being found. Per the articles posted here, she was found in front of the Covenant House shelter. I'm just curious as to what brought attention to her. Was she acting strange or confused? Did she ask for help? Had anyone at the shelter seen her there before?

I think the army theory is an interesting one. I hadn't thought of that. It would explain why her hair is cut so short, would be a cause for the amnesia and the clothes she was wearing. Now that I think about it I have been seeing a lot of people in military garb this week. Mostly Marines and Navy. I wonder if a ship docked at the piers? It would be little bit of a walk to Times Sq from there but in NYC it is easy to just keep walking especially if you are not familiar with the city. It kind of hypnotizes you with everything going on and you want to see what's on the next block and the next, etc.

A couple of posters in the comments of one of the news article say they have talked to Kara's dad, and it is not her.

Sorry, but I'm not seeing any resemblance to Kara, except that they both have large mouths and noses. Kara has a different colored complexion entirely, as well as skin tone, and her hair and eyebrows are very dark. This NYC girl meanwhile has light eyebrows and hair, and one can tell it's not a dye job. Her skin tone matches the color of her hair and eyebrows. So you have a dark complected/haired girl and a light complected/hair girl. Their eyes are also shaped completely differently. I too would love for this to be Kara but I think it's a huge stretch. And I see absolutely no resemblance to Amber Dubois.

As far as what would cause such memory loss, I have no idea. It seems that except for not remembering who she is, this girl is completely healthy physically. I wonder if they've done X-rays/Cat Scan/MRI - whatever would be appropriate under the circumstances, and if this would tell them something about an injury. I also wonder if such memory loss could be attributed to not physical but mental/emotional trauma of some kind.

The pics they are showing of this girl her hair looks like it has alot of brown undertones to it almost like light brown /dark blonde. I wonder if it looks like she has died it to any one around her...it would be great to know

I don't think it's dyed or bleached - no roots showing, no change in root color between the older and newer pictures.

It may have been dyed before it was cut so short - possibly cut to help conceal her identity?

http://www.bringhomeamber.com/photos.html
Website for Amber Dubois with lots of pic's I haven't seen before. I really don't think she is Jane Doe, especially after seeing these photo's.
Amber has some very dark freckles and/or moles on her face that are not seen in the pic's of Jane Doe. I feel 99% sure this is not Amber Dubois.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back