Identified! NY - Manhattan, LIVING girl, 14-17, amnesia, Oct'09 - Kacie Peterson

If she is not from the City and she came in on transit through Port Authority she could be from anywhere. Port Authority is the largest transit center in the world with countless buses, trains and subways going all over the place. I hope LE is interviewing train and bus employees to see if they recognize her.

I assume they could/would do some DNA testing to see if she matches with any missing persons that have DNA on file. Does anyone know any reasons why they wouldn't do that? Other than it not being a priority case because she is living and there is always a huge backlog?

The 2nd picture where she is smiling she looks even less like Amber Dubois. And sadly, it's been posted that this is not Kara. I didn't think it was, but I would have loved to see Kara go home safely after all this time.

Whoever this girl is, I hope she finds her name and can piece together what happened to her.

Also, does anyone else think it looks like her mouth area/lips might actually just be swollen. The botton lip in the first picture shows scabbing and the mouth looks more puffy big, than natural big to me. Is this just me? I suppose that the scabbing could be due to chapped lips and dehydration as she was apparently homeless.

Wow, I am getting awfully mad reading the comments posted here. People are so ignorant rude and self absorbed.

http://mobile.gothamist.com/2009/10/23/teen_with_amnesia_searching_for_her.php

Although a couple people say her smile/teeth look like she's from the UK, and my first thought is that she might be British. One of the articles does say that she has no discernible accent. Then again, does that mean she has a New York accent?

I have to wonder if that just isn't bad reporting?

Couldn't they post a little more flattering of a picture? I am sorry but when I saw that picture and the caption said "NYPD searching for this young lady" I couldn't help but crack up because in that picture she looks more like a pro-wrestler who is about to give you one hell of a smack-down than she does a 'young lady.'

Wow, I am getting awfully mad reading the comments posted here. People are so ignorant rude and self absorbed.

Although a couple people say her smile/teeth look like she's from the UK, and my first thought is that she might be British. One of the articles does say that she has no discernible accent. Then again, does that mean she has a New York accent?

I know..some people are just down right hateful!

She has very distinct features to me especially her lips and her nose.

I can't say I am surprised with the comments that is why I try to avoid them.

THAT picture of her smile is much better. Her whole face lights up. She looks younger too in that pic than she does in the other one.

I did a side by side too with an older photo of Kara when it appears her face was much fuller...There is a resemblance.
Gee, who ever this is, I hope they find where she belongs....
Something must be going on if she has no memory of who she is..Either some kind of mental illness or traumatic event!

jj.jpg

It looks like Kara to me. In the recent pictures, she appears swollen on one side of the face, like from an abscessed tooth. The 2 pics above show the swelling on opposite sides. I think one of the photos may have been flopped.

On her family website, her grade 8 picture looks like she might be wearing braces? Her teeth don't appear to me in great shape if she did wear braces.

Oh, thanx Shina for the braces pic. Wouldn't her teeth be straighter now? It still looks just like her.

I have to wonder if that just isn't bad reporting?

Couldn't they post a little more flattering of a picture? I am sorry but when I saw that picture and the caption said "NYPD searching for this young lady" I couldn't help but crack up because in that picture she looks more like a pro-wrestler who is about to give you one hell of a smack-down than she does a 'young lady.'

Yes, and the hair looks certainly different from today's photos! I'm not seeing a resemblence of Kara in this picture.

It seems odd that she would know her age but not her name, her family, where she is from, what happened to her etc. Although, I don't know much about amnesia, and she DOES remember the excerpt from that book. So maybe retaining random information is common???

What's up with the picture in that link?

Also, just a thought, if she happened to be 18 or older, could she possibly be
a returned soldier (marine, army, etc) with extreme PTSD? The only reason I ask is because she was found in tattered camo pants and a black t-shirt. She had to get that clothing somewhere, not to say you can't get it at a 2nd hand clothing store, etc. Just an offhand thought here.
ETA: Some of the articles even specifically say Military Camoflauge, and then also the short haircut could be due to this as well.

And one last thing. I'm very curious as to the story behind this girl being found. Per the articles posted here, she was found in front of the Covenant House shelter. I'm just curious as to what brought attention to her. Was she acting strange or confused? Did she ask for help? Had anyone at the shelter seen her there before?

I don't know much about amnesia in victims..what would cause something like that?

Do we have two threads going on this girl ?

It looks like Kara to me. In the recent pictures, she appears swollen on one side of the face, like from an abscessed tooth. The 2 pics above show the swelling on opposite sides. I think one of the photos may have been flopped.

On her family website, her grade 8 picture looks like she might be wearing braces? Her teeth don't appear to me in great shape if she did wear braces.

Oh, thanx Shina for the braces pic. Wouldn't her teeth be straighter now? It still looks just like her.

Her teeth would be straighter but in most cases, for the first year or two after you get your braces off, it's really important to wear a retainer primarily at night (given to you by your orthodontist) to prevent your teeth from shifting. So, if she didn't have one of those, or didn't wear it, it's possible her teeth would have shifted and thus not been as straight as you'd think.

It seems odd that she would know her age but not her name, her family, where she is from, what happened to her etc. Although, I don't know much about amnesia, and she DOES remember the excerpt from that book. So maybe retaining random information is common???

What's up with the picture in that link?

Also, just a thought, if she happened to be 18 or older, could she possibly be
a returned soldier (marine, army, etc) with extreme PTSD? The only reason I ask is because she was found in tattered camo pants and a black t-shirt. She had to get that clothing somewhere, not to say you can't get it at a 2nd hand clothing store, etc. Just an offhand thought here.

And one last thing. I'm very curious as to the story behind this girl being found. Per the articles posted here, she was found in front of the Covenant House shelter. I'm just curious as to what brought attention to her. Was she acting strange or confused? Did she ask for help? Had anyone at the shelter seen her there before?

The Covenant House shelter said they didn't even know her and that she was not residing there.

I can't say I am surprised with the comments that is why I try to avoid them.

THAT picture of her smile is much better. Her whole face lights up. She looks younger too in that pic than she does in the other one.

You would think I would be used to it by now. I've seen it time and again with missing cases etc. I usually still read the comments though because sometimes you find very interesting tidbits. However, you have to take even those with a grain of salt, because we have no way to verify the information.

Not Kara.

The lost girl never wore braces in her life. Look at her teeth.

From her teeth alone I can tell you she is not from the tri-state area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back