Identified! NY - Manhattan, LIVING girl, 14-17, amnesia, Oct'09 - Kacie Peterson

To me she does look Like Kara, not like Amber at all

I really, really don't see the resemblence between this girl and Kara. I keep looking and looking and I just don't see it at all. It would be great if it was but I don't know.

She is the splitting image of Kara Kopetsky to me. A little heavier, but those features are spot on. I hope that Kara's team looks into this girl and her story.

I thought so too! Have to post and run but IIRC Kara has hazel eyes? This gal it says blue.

ETA..the last picture posted does not look like blue eyes to me!

I think she looks a lot like Kara. Especially when Kara has an open mouth smile. The shape of the eyes match and I think if her picture on People Mag's website was from a different angle the nose would look more like a match.

I see the resemblance to Kara as well. Esp with the school picture of Kara in the green shirt.

My first thought when I looked at her picture was that she had been on major steroid therapy, not the kind jocks shoot up but prednisone or some other corticosteroid. They can cause memory loss, but not to the level she is reporting, and is know to cause the "moon face" thing. But the articles say she is in good health, so no real good reason to take that medication...

Effects of chronic prednisone therapy on mood and memory

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1852520/

Conclusions :Our findings, although preliminary in nature, suggest that long-term prednisone therapy is associated with initial changes in mood, memory and hippocampal volume that appear to stabilize over time.

Edited to add that I do think she looks like Kara. Maybe she was abducted for sex slave, sent to NY, got old enough they didn't want her anymore and just turned her out on the street? That would be traumatic enough to make you forget who you are.

I really, really don't see the resemblence between this girl and Kara. I keep looking and looking and I just don't see it at all. It would be great if it was but I don't know.

Sorry to say that at first I thought the photo's were of a young boy.

I'm trying to see the resemblence too. I do wish the family of this missing person will see the photo and reunite with their loved one.

The website about Kara mentioned in this thread states that Kara has a scar on her forehead. I wasn't able to tell if the girl found in NY has a scar there.

This was posted in the comments of the story of the girl found in New york:

sschutte 10/23/09 1:22 PM EDT

I spoke w/ Mr. Kopetsky and this is not his daughter. Please keep their family in your prayers. :frown:

Some comparison pics with Kara.

Attachments

• Kara Comparison 1.gif
    Kara Comparison 1.gif
    83.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Kara Comparison 2.gif
    Kara Comparison 2.gif
    115.7 KB · Views: 96
Teen found in Times Square doesn't know who she is

Authorities are pleading for the public's help identifying a "Jane Doe" teen with amnesia who has been in the city's care for two weeks.

One of the few clues to her background is that she's able to recall words from a 2003 fantasy novel, "Fool's Fate."

"I just want to know who I am," the teen, estimated by doctors to be between 14 and 17 years old, was quoted as saying. "I want to know who I am and what happened to me."

In what an official described as an "extraordinary case," cops picked up the teen on Oct. 9 at 12:30 a.m. outside the Covenant House shelter at 460 W. 41st St., near the Port Authority Bus Terminal.

BAFFLING: This teen under the city's care can't recall her name or hometown. One clue: She can recite part of the novel "Fool's Fate" .
She was wearing tattered clothing, including green army pants, but had no ID.

She had no memory of her name, home or family. A fingerprint check produced nothing.

Tom Manning, a Covenant House spokesman, said she wasn't a resident at the shelter and workers there don't know her.

Officials said the blond, spiky-haired, soft-spoken girl has undergone testing by police experts and psychiatrists, who are convinced she isn't faking

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/amnesia_mystery_YOd7kvqUTvMVwJjpNPEgQM

This is really odd. I hope she is identified soon.

She does look a lot like Kara Kopetsky to me.

Regardless of it she is a missing persons (documented) it is very fascinating. Where are her parents? If she is not documented somewhere then why not? Finally, nothing against the girl but there is the possibility she could be making it up for some reason or another. However, if she has been in custody for the last 2 wks before the story broke LE was probably doing just that - making sure she is mentally sound and verifying her story.

Some comparison pics with Kara.

Thanks for doing a side by side.

Aside from the obvious hair differences, and the unidentified having a little more fuller of a face, I think the lips and eyes look a lot like Karas. The face structure is the same.

The article you posted just answered my questions mysticrose regarding verifying her story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back