Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
They searched a 3 mile radius. That's more than 28 square miles. It's all of Charlottesville and a good bit of surrounding area not counting much of the private property of course.

well, that makes a lot more sense! I should have read more carefully. Thanks for the correction!

I still wonder about the young man that Morgan last spoke to on her cell phone that night. This is the guy that supposedly has already been checked out and does not live near Morgan. It is just strange that he was the last to have spoken to her.

Any more information on him?

They searched a 3 mile radius. That's more than 28 square miles. It's all of Charlottesville and a good bit of surrounding area not counting much of the private property of course.

I really hope that folks who live way out in the country on large pieces of private property are keeping an eye out for suspicious behavior. Just knowing Charlottesville and surrounding area, there is a vast amount of undeveloped land, much of it privately owned.

I don't know what it is, but I really feel like the perp is some local yahoo, who knows the lay of the land.

Are there any other searches planned? I wish there was a way to view recent satellite images, like from google earth, and see if any land has been moved.

I just wish this was all a big mistake and she'd show up on her parents doorstep. Please pray for her family.

yes aoo i reported a few pages back about the missing girls in virginia as well as links to the thread and map.

does anyone know if we have a time for last cell ping?

Which is weird, it's as if someone took out the battery and then replaced the cover. So if it does have a back cover for the battery, it would kind of rule out the battery just falling out and morgan not realizing as the back cover would still be on the phone. If battery and cover fell, why not just pick up both?
I think a perp took the battery out.

It's interesting searchers were told to look for a camera. Morgan may have had a digital camera that is missing. She could have a camera cell phone and a digital camera. The cell phone was found, minus battery. Camera wasn't found.
I really think she was abducted and he took her camera and the battery as "precautions". We have no idea if she had her camera out and may have gotten a shot of the culprit..

This all makes me wonder if the perp (in haste) thought they were removing the SIM card.

I really hope that folks who live way out in the country on large pieces of private property are keeping an eye out for suspicious behavior. Just knowing Charlottesville and surrounding area, there is a vast amount of undeveloped land, much of it privately owned.

I don't know what it is, but I really feel like the perp is some local yahoo, who knows the lay of the land.

Are there any other searches planned? I wish there was a way to view recent satellite images, like from google earth, and see if any land has been moved.

I just wish this was all a big mistake and she'd show up on her parents doorstep. Please pray for her family.

Not meaning to sound negative or morbid, but it is hunting season here in Virginia, and that is good as far as more people out there. The hunter's who still have to obtain a license to hunt could be given a flyer about Morgan. If this hasn't already been thought of, what or how can we get the flyers done & delivered to these outlets? TIA

MH was wearing a t-shirt with the heavy metal band Pantera across is, right? Does that mean she was a big fan of the band Pantera? I know they disbanded but did Metallica absorb any of their players? Also on a different site their is some discussion about a hippie that hangs with her university crowd.

MH was wearing a t-shirt with the heavy metal band Pantera across is, right? Does that mean she was a big fan of the band Pantera? I know they disbanded but did Metallica absorb any of their players? Also on a different site their is some discussion about a hippie that hangs with her university crowd.

Metallica
James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett, Jason Newsted, Lars Ulrich, and Michael Kamen (Kamen is deceased)

Pantera
Phil Anselmo, Rex Brown, Vinnie Paul, and Dimebag Darrell (Dimebag is deceased)

Metallica now is actually Hetfield,Ulrich,Hammet and new member Robert Trujillo.None have any real connection to Pantera other than they share an audience. Yes,Pantera have disbanded and Dimebag Darrel was the guy who got shot onstage by a deranged fan in Columbus Oh a couple years back.

Heroine you are probably right. We have accused her of many things just from a picture taken God knows when or a word or two spoken here or there.

But our frustration is what is leading to our speculation.

It happens. We just need something to quiet us all down so we can...wait...patiently wait.

Anyway, thanks for the reality check.

It's okay. I know what you're trying to say. I'm sorry I came off that way once again. I do understand the frustration because I am having it too. We all just want to find her.

I said this a while back but will repeat-Pantera are a more extreme-ish metal band.A girl wearing a Pantera shirt to a Metallica show is looking for lots of attention.

I can see taking the phone battery out if the phone was going with Morgan. But it wasn't so what would be the purpose? Leaving the phone on the ground would have as much effect as taking the battery out. The only difference would be that it would be hard to locate the phone. Maybe someone didn't want what's on the phone found? But then why would they leave the phone where it would be found?

Do you like how I argue with myself? lol

It's good questions!
I argue with myself too..

Maybe the perp would take a battery out to buy himself time. Police would have to see the incoming calls & texts that came in and out by either replacing the battery or getting her phone records.

The best thing i can think of is that if say a kidnapper/pervert/perp took the battery out of Morgan's phone to prevent her from using the phone. He later decided to ditch her purse, or she threw her own purse out the window of a car to leave a breadcrumb as to something wasn't right.

If the perp wanted the whole phone that badly (say if he thought there might be pics of him on it) i'm sure he would have seperated the battery from phone and kept both. The only purpose of the battery is to power the phone.
The SIM or any internal memory a cell would have inside or if it has a SIM card, in that. The GPS would be inside the phone.
Motive would be most likely something sexual in nature.
What i am trying to figure out is if it is the case,

Was she stalked prior to the concert (stalking via the internet or elsewhere)

Stalked by someone who first saw her at the concert inside (possibly following her outside)

Or picked out as a victim since she was walking alone outside the concert; this last one would be random, as she would be an easy target walking alone, attractive young girl, for a predator.

The phone being found says that the perp wasn't concerned about keeping Morgan's phone. So most likely his number wouldn't have been in the call log recent. You'd think he would know that LE can get all the call records anyway.
The main purpose of taking out a battery would be to avoid tracing the whereabouts of the cell phone with GPS. No battery=no pings.
Also if the perp has possession of the battery, Morgan can't call for help on her phone.

I hope LE is going over her friends' lists on facebook and myspace. Does anyone know if her profile was set to private or public?

Hi All.

Frusturating day. Starbucks shops all over Arlington have taken down the Missing Posters I gave them.

I really think she was abducted by a stranger. Oddly enough 24 girls are missing form Alexandria, VA...a 16 year old went missing from Woodbridge a few days ago...these places are about 2 hours from Charlottesville. I wonder if something bigger is going on...is there a ring of criminals taking these girls?

Is the FBI involved? I read on another post that the FBI will get involved in certain cases that fall under their "jurisdiction" meaning that if it has to do with organized crime (which could be a part of human trafficking) or gangs.

I wish they would find poor Morgan. I am so frusturated, I can't imagine how her family and friends must feel.

Hi All, This is my first post and have been following this case since the start and read all these threads.

I checked the link re. the 24 abducted girls around Virginia and all of them were teen girls bet. the ages of 15 and 16 years of age. Most of them hispanic and two of them black. Morgan does not fit into this "prostitution ring" scenario.

If Morgan did make it to the concert, the RV lot with athletes would be the place to look into. I would check all male athletes who parked there that nite.

As per the purse scenario, I used to have one just like hers ten years ago. One day when I finished working at the mall and waiting for the bus someone just slid it off my shoulder without me noticing. Only when I boarded the bus was when I noticed it missing. Security found it an hour later inside the toilet bowl in the women's bathroom. Only thing missing was my cash. It could have have happened to Morgan too. But I think that the most probable scenario was that she was taken at the RV lot and never made it to the bridge.

JMO

I said this a while back but will repeat-Pantera are a more extreme-ish metal band.A girl wearing a Pantera shirt to a Metallica show is looking for lots of attention.

That is really an opinion not than a fact...

A lot of people wear band t-shirts, i don't see why you think Pantera extreme; they've not bit the heads off of bats like Ozzy and they don't dress up like KIZZ or GWAR.. it's not uncommon for people to wear band t-shirts to concerts (even if the band on the t-shirt isn't playing the show).

I don't see her wearing a t-shirt with Pantera on it as looking for attention at all. There are a ton of outfits that people could wear for attention. She got dressed up to go to the concert, and that is completely normal for her age. It's not like she went there in a corset and garters with a pet boa snake around her neck..

That is an unfair statement and you have nothing to back that up with. Metallica and Pantera’s music is totally different; at least to me it is. I like Metallica’s music, however, Pantera’s not so much. To say someone is looking for lots of attention - I don’t get that?
I want to live in a country that I can wear what I want to wear w/o someone assuming I'm looking for attention. Wouldn't you want that as well?

Maybe Morgan just recently obtained the smoking habit, smoking will also make you lose weight. Although I don't find it relevant as to why she lost weight. I lost 85 pounds once and I did it by eating healthy and exercising. I do however understand that other things could help explain why she went outside.
Also I have drank 2 to 3 beers before and got sick and I wasn't anorexic and I thought at the time I had a pretty good tolerance to alcohol. So what I'm trying to say is there could be many factors that brought on her now being missing, it doesn't have to mean shes anorexic.
At the rate this is going next someone will say maybe she was prostituting.
Edited to say I'm not trying to sound rude and I'm sorry if I came off this way, it's just that the poor girl is missing and has been missing for sometime now. I just feel for her, she's somewhere being tormented in some way even is its only tormented by not being able to go home and all we can do is speculate on her body weight. It just sounds wrong to me I guess. Especially because now we've moved from her drinking (which is totally normal for her age and I don't see anything wrong with it) to she has an eating disorder.

I do not understand what all these post re. her weight have to do with anything. But that's just my honest opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banksy