NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early on, I remember someone from the park being interviewed and said they saw her playing.

I also remember that. It was a neighbor. But I have not idea where a link for that would be. But, FWIW, I remember it.

... and Coe says he never saw her in the "living room" when he was there or when he slept there. Whatever that means. Was she not even there or was she kept in a different room?

Did AD live with her sister and some other kids? I'd assume LE has interviewed the sister already.

From what I understand, from other posts and the interview with the landlord, The aunt, AD's sister rented the MH. She must have an infant. The landlord was not aware that AD was there, her son much less Shaniya.

AD had told Cary and BL that she had gotten herslf together and even had her own home.

Well, you can bet LE has interviewed AD's 7 year old son. And how old is AD's son? I'm sure there is more truth coming from these children than the adults involved.
Her son may be able to say I saw Shaniya go with a man.
I doubt that he can say sex slave, pimping, prostitution,
I guess what I am saying is the boys knowledge has to be limited.

Her son may be able to say I saw Shaniya go with a man.
I doubt that he can say sex slave, pimping, prostitution,
I guess what I am saying is the boys knowledge has to be limited.

Yeah your right with his limited knowledege but maybe he could give an idea about how she was treated like if she was punished all the time or if she was locked in the bedroom with men going in all the time (sorry for typing this) if that's what was happening.

So basically, most everybody in here thinks dad should have seen what was going on and should take part of the blame for Shaniya's death, but you think Dad could have lost custody to MOMSTER if there was a court battle???
I'm not getting that.

I don't lay any of the blame for Shaniya's death on her father. I blame the murderer for killing her.
I do feel that neither of the bio parents would be awarded custody of Shaniya.
Between mom's drug use, or the things that have went on around her, or dad's job and the fact that his other children are living elsewhere..
I too think this is why there never was any court orders where Shaniya was concerned because both of them would loose her.
I wish Aunt Carey would have filed for custody..

Just throwing my 2 cents in but it is my understanding that BL's name is not on Shaniya's birth certificated. That would mean technically he has no real right to her. In order to actually obtain legal custody he would have needed a paternity test and gone to court. For whatever reason I don't think that was done, so when AD had Shaniya, actually she didn't have to give her back and I am sure she and BL knew that. Just sayin, and JMO.

So basically, most everybody in here thinks dad should have seen what was going on and should take part of the blame for Shaniya's death, but you think Dad could have lost custody to MOMSTER if there was a court battle???
I'm not getting that.

Over custody, yes.

"A mother's special bond" and blahblah.... dad have a record of domestic violence. If they had fought in court, I think there's a good chance mom would have gotten Shaniya.

You can be poor, live in very simple conditions, be unemployed etc... but you don't necessarily have to be a bad parent. And vise versa.

I'm talking about before all of this, not now.

"This isn't about (Brad) or (Antoinette), this is about (Shaniya)," "Keep the focus on (Shaniya)," gee where have we heard this before :confused:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7125084

:parrot:
God, love you Kiki,,,,,,I have had my hink up since I realized the serious descrepancy in social status, in the dad and the child he "loved so much" living in filth with druggie for a mom....Having just started to live with this , and he saying,,he wanted her to be a mother....I am gagging as I type that.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6444454/

"In an affidavit for a warrant to search McNeill's 1997 Mitsubishi Galant, investigators said McNeill told them he picked Shaniya up in front of her home and drove her to the hotel. Investigators also said they found feces smeared on the outside door handle of the front door to the home and on the handrail of the steps to the front porch.

Police recovered 11 pieces of trace evidence, such as hair and fibers, from the car, as well as clothes, a belt, a straw, a cell phone and a portable GPS system, according to the search warrant."

i'm still trying to figure out where the info came that shaniya was being sold by her mother?? like, how did LE get this info? did coe say something? what about mam?

Police Reports - Mario McNeil & April Autry (Mario's girlfriend)

11/12/09 - BE & Larceny at Mario's Home - Case # 12483
http://www.ccsonc.org/incident_reports/default.aspx
Just need to enter Case # - on this police report, you will see who Mario lives with
This is day before his arrest

11/13/09 - Forced Break-In at April's Home - Case # 039644
http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/policereports.aspx
Just need to enter Case #
This is the day of his arrest

#12483 - Did you see what the theft was? E-MACHINE...As we all know, that's a computer. Hmmm...

Here's a pic of the report:

12483reportresized.jpg

Thanks, lbminnesota. This is interesting. I wonder what was on the stolen computer.

Probally alot of things certain people do not want found ......trail leading back to them. If LE was able to get a hold of his computer they would find alot of information such as screen names and such and follow a trail to a much bigger problem I would bet...jmo

Over custody, yes.

"A mother's special bond" and blahblah.... dad have a record of domestic violence. If they had fought in court, I think there's a good chance mom would have gotten Shaniya.

You can be poor, live in very simple conditions, be unemployed etc... but you don't necessarily have to be a bad parent. And vise versa.

I'm talking about before all of this, not now.

So, even with all the reasons stated on here that dad should have done something, you think a court of law would have handed her to AD?

I never said anything about the poor/rich, employed/unemployed. That is the furtherest thing from my mind.

What I'm thinking is the child protection issues. Are there any records of them called to dad's.

I did read in an article online somewhere that BL was paying child support for 3 children, one child being Shaniya. I thought when I read that, that it was odd that he would pay support for her if he had custody of her... wierd. Perhaps the article was a misprint? Who knows? Surely AD was not receiving support from him...to me that would be insane.
:waitasec:He had children with deceased Wife; I thought that he was paying for those kids. and that Shanaya was shuffled around.

Just throwing my 2 cents in but it is my understanding that BL's name is not on Shaniya's birth certificated. That would mean technically he has no real right to her. In order to actually obtain legal custody he would have needed a paternity test and gone to court. For whatever reason I don't think that was done, so when AD had Shaniya, actually she didn't have to give her back and I am sure she and BL knew that. Just sayin, and JMO.

If he is not on the birth certifcate will he get custody of her remains?

Hi all, I'm new here, but I used to participate in another message board back in the Laci Peterson days (and occasionally since then on other cases like Trenton, Caylee, Haleigh). Unfortunately the other boards don't have much sleuthing going on these days, so I'm glad I found this place, you all are doing some great research! I'm really interested in all of your theories, this case is truly bizarre. I'm still getting caught up reading everything that has been covered here so far, so forgive me if this question has already been asked:

Are there any links to the news coverage about Shaniya's disappearance before her body was found? I hadn't heard about it until then, but I know Nancy Grace stated she was praying about it all weekend, so I don't know if she covered it last week. I remember hearing that BL went on TV to beg for Shaniya's return, did AD ever make such a public appearance? My understanding was that she wasn't arrested until a few days after the disappearance.

TIA!

I've seen the address on that report before.

ETA: And that victims name (I do not think that picture of that report should be on here - it has personal info on a victim)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ari76