NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically, most everybody in here thinks dad should have seen what was going on and should take part of the blame for Shaniya's death, but you think Dad could have lost custody to MOMSTER if there was a court battle???
I'm not getting that.

Depends upon the time of the "court battle".

When Shaniya was born, she lived with mom. Any custody case at that time, would certainly grant custody to the mother and award a child support. By agreeing to child support out of court, the payments would most likely be smaller (the dad has custody court experience), so dad pays.

After some time, the mom gives the dad custody of Shaniya. After a year of living with dad, the courts would most likely grant shared custody, continue living with dad, some type of visitation and child suppport.

There are no angels here, except Shaniya.

So, the victim from the b&e was his sister!!!!

If he is not on the birth certifcate will he get custody of her remains?

It doesn't matter if he's on the birth certificate or not if a dna test has or will be done & it shows him to be Shaniya's biological father. Right now, Antoinette is incarcerated, so she has no rights to Shaniya while she's in jail.

Because of BS.
seems Auntie reprimanded shaniya for having fought with her cousins.:waitasec:
I told you it was a BS excuse.....

I gotcha!! AD was looking for an excuse not to return Shaniya! So, then at least a week before she was reported missing-the perps were working on why Shaniya would never been seen by her other family again!!:furious:

Somewhere I had heard that Coe had taken Shaniya in his car in the beginning. I think I heard that when he was first arrested. Did anyone else hear that also?

So basically, most everybody in here thinks dad should have seen what was going on and should take part of the blame for Shaniya's death, but you think Dad could have lost custody to MOMSTER if there was a court battle???
I'm not getting that.

In regards to custody, a judge would consider his extensive travel for work. MOO

Thats what I was wondering - Did anyone talk to her? Did the Dad or Aunt?
Did the neighbors see her?

Aunt Carey said she hadn't spoken to her since the four weeks before when she dropped her off for a two day visit,that would have been on a Sunday,from what she said.

Actually she said packed enough clothes for two days,she didn't say two day visit.I just assume she thought it would be for two days.But,if it was on a Sunday,she had school the next day and I thought she had weekend visits sometimes.Why not be dropping her off on a Friday night for a two day visit?

Somewhere I had heard that Coe had taken Shaniya in his car in the beginning. I think I heard that when he was first arrested. Did anyone else hear that also?
After Coe's arrest, LE said a witness stated they saw Coe drive away from the MHP with Shaniyah that morning. LE later said the witness recanted his/her statement. In other words, it was not true.

Yep. Exactly what I was thinking, especially if MAM was using the computer for "marketing" purposes. And the next day, someone attempted to break into the house where he lived with gf. It sounds to me like MAM wanted evidence removed quickly and hired someone to do it. Maybe the thieves supplied the info that led to his arrest and/or discovery of her body.

perhaps. It was stated in an article that a gps unit was recovered from MAM's vehicle after LE served a search warrant, I suspect that was the info that led them to the area in which they found her body.

Depends upon the time of the "court battle".

When Shaniya was born, she lived with mom. Any custody case at that time, would certainly grant custody to the mother and award a child support. By agreeing to child support out of court, the payments would most likely be smaller (the dad has custody court experience), so dad pays.

After some time, the mom gives the dad custody of Shaniya. After a year of living with dad, the courts would most likely grant shared custody, continue living with dad, some type of visitation and child suppport.

There are no angels here, except Shaniya.

Bolded by me:

Unless Dad hires an attorney and goes to family court and can prove that mom is negligent or abusive to the child during the time that mom has child. Then he can win custody of the child at that time.

Some living in the trailer park said they saw Coe leaving with Shaniya around 11:00 pm. That has since been proven false by LE.

Nobody else finds it odd that the victim on that report is MAM's sister??

I heard it too. Not sure if it was true or not. I thought I heard that a neighbor saw him in the car with her. But maybe AD made that up?? Not sure.

Aunt Carey said she hadn't spoken to her since the four weeks before when she dropped her off for a two day visit,that would have been on a Sunday,from what she said.

Actually she said packed enough clothes for two days,she didn't say two day visit.I just assume she thought it would be for two days.But,if it was on a Sunday,she had school the next day and I thought she had weekend visits sometimes.Why not be dropping her off on a Friday night for a two day visit?

Did Carey ever go back and try to see Shaniya?

Some living in the trailer park said they saw Coe leaving with Shaniya around 11:00 pm. That has since been proven false by LE.

Thanks, I knew I had heard but wasn't sure if had been proven false or not.

Some Claim Shaniya Davis Was At Risk And Needed A Better Home - Wake County - MyNC.com
Source: wake.mync.com

Has you all seen this article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members