NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have anyone seen the 7-year old brother? No,not many. I think it was because they weren't supposed to be in the park in the first place...

Goodmorning folks!

Good Morning - Excellent point about needing to hide out since they weren't supposed to be there. Very sad though..having to stay inside that house all day.

AD must have realized she wouldn't be living there for long - hiding two kids besides not paying rent.

I'm totally confused. BL's MS had a comment from what I thought was Aunt Carey. It says what's up big bro etc... Now it has a pic of Shaniya and says the person is 24 years old. Is this the age that was always there. Does anyone remember? Aunt Carey looks older than 24 to me. It's hard to tell if she looks older than BL as she appears to have cried her eyes out.

ETA: MS also says: L.P., Maryland

Have y'all seen this article? It's concerning Carey Lockhart. It seems to really make me question what we are being told about Bradley and his relationship with Shaniya and AD. Something just doesn't seem right about him. I trust Aunt Carey most.

Have y'all seen this article? It's concerning Carey Lockhart. It seems to really make me question what we are being told about Bradley and his relationship with Shaniya and AD. Something just doesn't seem right about him. I trust Aunt Carey most.

Article?

I'm totally confused. BL's MS had a comment from what I thought was Aunt Carey. It says what's up big bro etc... Now it has a pic of Shaniya and says the person is 24 years old. Is this the age that was always there. Does anyone remember? Aunt Carey looks older than 24 to me. It's hard to tell if she looks older than BL as she appears to have cried her eyes out.

ETA: MS also says: L.P., Maryland

I think we all share your confusion. Aunt Carey is closer to Brad's age or maybe a little older. As you said, she's probably aged 10 years in the past two weeks. I haven't paid much attention to his MS so can't comment on that. The Maryland connection matches the obit.

Yes, it's been discussed. There are a few dates in the article that were clarified today on Oprah. Carey brought Shaniya over to AD's on October 9 and hadn't seen her since. Brad last saw her on October 2. I certainly feel for Aunt Carey; her love for Shaniya shows in all of her interviews.

Yes, it's been discussed. There are a few dates in the article that were clarified today on Oprah. Carey brought Shaniya over to AD's on October 9 and hadn't seen her since. Brad last saw her on October 2. I certainly feel for Aunt Carey; her love for Shaniya shows in all of her interviews.

BBM

ITA. I think her hands were tied regarding the comings and goings of Shaniya. JMO

thanks for the info. I missed Oprah, today.

I somehow get the feeling Aunt Carey is really holding back alot. Course I did miss her interview today so that may change my mind.

I'm sorry for them all but Aunt carey shows her emotion.

BBM

ITA. I think her hands were tied regarding the comings and goings of Shaniya. JMO

I agree with you totally. I'm an Aunt and been in some similar situations. it's a hard place to be.:banghead::furious:

BBM

I agree. I'm sure she felt terribly uneasy about leaving Shaniya at ADs. But, as you say, her hands were tied. Even if she didn't go inside the trailer, I'm sure she could see the living conditions. But no one could have anticipated this.

i been trying to catch up here but I would not have left my dog @ the mh with all those nasty drug selling thugs,I sure would have not left my beautiful little girl there. I think they all seem a little odd. Why would they just take her there and leave her and not once go and check on her. She had been taken out of school and no one knew it or no one bothered to check. The father sure did like to spread his seed around but did little else for his children as far as I can see. Reminds me of the saying "anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a daddy", Poor little one didn't have a chance with both sides of this dysfunctional family....

thanks for the info. I missed Oprah, today.

I somehow get the feeling Aunt Carey is really holding back alot. Course I did miss her interview today so that may change my mind.

I'm sorry for them all but Aunt carey shows her emotion.

Aunt Carey's body language said it all today. Holding back so much; like she's ready to explode with grief, pain, and rage. She has to endure the questions...you never knew the living conditions, drugs, etc. when she knew but couldn't do anything.

i been trying to catch up here but I would not have left my dog @ the mh with all those nasty drug selling thugs,I sure would have not left my beautiful little girl there. I think they all seem a little odd. Why would they just take her there and leave her and not once go and check on her. She had been taken out of school and no one knew it or no one bothered to check. The father sure did like to spread his seed around but did little else for his children as far as I can see. Reminds me of the saying "anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a daddy", Poor little one didn't have a chance with both sides of this dysfunctional family....

Our conversation tonight centered on the dynamics of this family. We sense a control factor in Brad and he doesn't like to be challenged in his decisions. His body language with his son on Nancy Grace really spoke volumes to me.

Our conversation tonight centered on the dynamics of this family. We sense a control factor in Brad and he doesn't like to be challenged in his decisions. His body language with his son on Nancy Grace really spoke volumes to me.

It was almost like a choke hold...IMO the kid looked scared to death

It was almost like a choke hold...IMO the kid looked scared to death

I just saw that video tonight and I thought the same thing! The son immediately stopped his story and went into thanking people for their prayers, etc

I just saw that video tonight and I thought the same thing! The son immediately stopped his story and went into thanking people for their prayers, etc

It was creepy when Brad came out of the shadows toward his son..just when Nancy asked Byron if cause of death had been determined. Byron appears to be such a nice and educated young man; he knew what questions shouldn't be answered. If I contributed money, I'd like some of it go to his college fund. He seemed like a great older brother to Shaniya.

Do any of you frequent other forums? Do you have some gist?

It's strange that there's not more talk about the dad... or any of the others involved.

Do any of you frequent other forums? Do you have some gist?

It's strange that there's not more talk about the dad... or any of the others involved.

While I agree he has responsibility in his daughter's fate, between the two of them (BL and Carey) it's the Aunt that is carrying the bulk of the guilt here, either that or she is not handling it as well as BL. I'm imagining that she feels she led her neice to the "gallows" so to speak by agreeing to take her there.

IF I go back to the beginning of all the people involved on the list of "what if's" in chronological order, (what came first), that takes me back to the the State of N.C. that let this man out of prison 6 months early. IF that had not happened, that person would not have been there on November 10th, 2009 and the chances are fairly good Shaniya would still have her life. Next in that order is what IF AD was not sending Shaniya off with men but was doing the best she could under her circumstances and did the right thing by calling either Aunt Carey or BL and said look, I'm having some real problems here and it's not the best environment for Shaniya right now, "could you come and get her" until things improve. I doubt BL was providing support if I go by reports of that subject regarding his other children so AD was dealing with that added pressure. When AD made her first court appearance, I remember thinking at the time, "she doesn't know yet her daughter is dead" because they were in the process of recovering the body at the time. Not that I have any sympathy for either "Mom" or "Dad" in this tragedy but that would explain why she seemed unemotional in court. She didn't know yet. The point is, all the events that went down in this case chronologically were the result of Shaniya losing her life. All are guilty in some form or another, the first to take the prize is the State of N.Carolina, the last being the murderer, the ticking time bomb waiting to go off that the State put among us again. Logic should have told them that anyone that would shoot someone in the face and run over a cop with a car does not belong in society, period. Not trying to diminish the culpibility of all the other characters here but, the bulk of the blame goes to them IMO.

In short, Shaniya got robbed just as her Aunt Carey said. Such a beautiful child that had so much life in her. Her smile was like a beacon. I think she's going to lead the way to change in this country for all those before her and if we shout loud enough for change, for many in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donna_Avery