NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rolling:

Gotta go - Grand Opening of the ARC Value Village Thrift Store on White Bear Avenue tomorrow 9 am (my sis is head of ARC Greater Twin Cities). Nite!

Glad to meet you. I also work for the Arc.
How effective is DSS or child protection ? We have a hotline but it is difficult to report and get good follow-up. There was a 2 yr old killed by a boyfriend a few weeks ago. The abuse had been reported several times. But the family court judge ruled in favor of the boyfriend/dad - something that is occuring here a lot. He has visitation and then killed the child.
So, I am not sure that the abuse was never reported. But if it was NC has a whole lot of other problems to deal with. If so, I hope this case becomes a reason for new legislation soonest!

Is she white or black?

some of the locals are mixed race and you can't tell black and white brother or sister could not tell you the percentages but I know the Lumbee's had a hard time getting reconized as a Indain Tribe. This goes all the way back to the days when the blacks were sold at the market house .... Alot of race mixing and alot of deep resentment and a serverly drug inflicted area in general

Media links from 11-10-2009 (day of missing report)
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #18

Media links from 11-11-2009 (day blanket was heavily discussed, slow news day Coe arrested late in the day)
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #18

Media links from 11-12-2009 (Day we learned about Coe, Coe appeared in court.)

Media links from 11-13-2009 (Day we learned about hotel and McNeill, day Coe was released.)

Media links from 11-14-2009 (Day AD was arrested)

Media links from 11-15-2009
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #19

Media links from 11-16-2009 ( date her body was found)
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #19

This is as far as I'm going tonight. I have been staring at a screen for way too long. These are the links from the Amber Alert all the way through her body being found. I'll finish updating tomorrow, unless I don't have to because we have a forum.
These are not my links, they are your links. Each individual post that I have linked above, opens to a list of outside media links. It's a bass-ackward media thread.
If you remember what date it was on and it hasn't been deleted or badly altered with updates, it's linked in the post for that day. If I don't have it, PattyG probably has it at the link in her signature.
There are a lot I didn't post, because they were dead links.
Hopefully we can get along a little better now, we seem to agree more when we all can prove what we're saying.

YOU ARE BEYOND AWSOME :blowkiss::blowkiss: Thank you for all of this work.

According to the police report the model of the stolen item was a computer monitor. Also at the bottom of the police report it was stated the complaint was unfounded.

We also kind of figured out the home was MAMS mothers house where he was staying.

This leads me to wonder if mom found something on the computer she did not like and just took the monitor and hid it telling MAMS that someone had stolen it and he called the cops and when the cops got there the mom told them the truth.

added. The case was marked closed too I believe.

Why the monitor and not the modem? The monitor wouldn't tell anything, would it?

To complicate things even more with that Davis name, the Ty person was not born a Davis but now has that name (possibly married/divorced a Davis).

Ty's mom's last name is Turner.

source: ancestry.com birth record for Ty, peoplefinders to connect the dots...

Winfrey asked Lockhart if he had anything to say to Shaniya's mother, who is being held at the Cumberland County Detention Center.

"Right now, I just think it's best that we let the justice system take its course," Lockhart said. "I try to keep my heart as pure as possible, and I'm sure one day I will be able to sit down and talk to her, try and understand what was going through her mind."

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/21/954004

I'm still trying to figure out how many children BL has. The obituary lists:

"four brothers, Byron Coleman of Charlotte, Alijah Fogle of Titusville, Fla., Chavez Lockhart and Joe Davis, both of Fayetteville; two sisters, Michele Coleman of Michigan and Cheyenne Lockhart of Fayetteville"

That's a total of 6 brothers and sisters. If Joe Davis is AD's 7 year old son, we can remove him from the list. That leaves 5 siblings + Shaniya, for a total of 6 children that are BL's.

Is that right? I keep reading that BL has 5 children, but I count 6.

I also noticed that Shaniya's Aunt Tayquasha (sp) is not listed on the obit either - she's AD's 16 year old sister.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/fayettevilleobserver/obituary.aspx?n=shaniya-n-davis&pid=136204823

What a cruel thing to do to Carey Lockhart-Davis. I can't imagine how hurt she is. I think Brad Lockhart is just a SOB. He lists Shaniya's killer mother but not the aunt that loved her so much. That is so low. I'm surprised that he didn't list Mario too :furious:

Who wrote the obit? Do you have a link?

And the doctor's say OCD is a bad thing. :blushing:

It needed to be done. Every time we needed a link, we were lucky to find it in under an hour. This just helps all of us out a little.
I'm sorry about the really long posts while I was getting it done, but if I didn't post them, I would have lost them.

ETA: The irony? Now I have to catch up on everything I missed tonight.

YOU DID SO MUCH WORK... WOW...
BUT in two days we wont know were it all is......MAYBE you can open a thread NOT FOR DISCUSSION
and post all of your heard work as Day 1,2,3 in one thread.....
I think the MODS will let you do this...?

Why the monitor and not the modem? The monitor wouldn't tell anything, would it?

Nope, not to us or most people but if Grandma isn't computer savvy, she thinks the pictures are on the inside of the monitor. If it was MaM, he probably wasn't clear headed enough to realize that if he was accustomed to having his fix on a regular basis. BTW, he looked a bit shaken in court yesterday. I'm surmising it's because he's not on something being in jail and he's scared now that reality is setting in.

Nope, not to us or most people but if Grandma isn't computer savvy, she thinks the pictures are on the inside of the monitor. If it was MaM, he probably wasn't clear headed enough to realize that if he was accustomed to having his fix on a regular basis. BTW, he looked a bit shaken in court yesterday. I'm surmising it's because he's not on something being in jail and he's scared now that reality is setting in.

Yes, guess you are right. I guess if an older person never uses the computer, they may think everything is stored in the monitor.:waitasec:

MCNEIL TOLD HE MAY GET THE DEATH PENALTY

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/20/953940

Mario Andrette McNeill could receive the death penalty if convicted of killing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

That was what Judge George Franks told McNeill during a hearing Friday at the Cumberland County Detention Center.

McNeill, 29, of the 2600 block of Pine Springs Drive, was charged Thursday night with first-degree murder and first-degree rape of a child. He faces life in prison without parole on the rape charge.

McNeill attended the short hearing with his lawyer, Allen Rodgers, by his side.

McNeill's mother also attended the hearing. She made no comments to the media.

McNeill was already in jail, charged with first-degree kidnapping of Shaniya, whose body was found Monday off Walker Road in Lee County.

Following Friday's hearing, McNeill was transferred to Central Prison in Raleigh for safekeeping until his next court date on Dec. 9.

Rodgers didn't indicate whether McNeill would plead not guilty to the charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59