VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the correction. I'm sure it's a real nice place, at 100k below the index, and probably appraised earlier than when the market fell. Could be sweet, though.

:wink:

Thanks for the correction. I'm sure it's a real nice place, at 100k below the index, and probably appraised earlier than when the market fell. Could be sweet, though.

:wink:

A further note, my mother was a psychotherapist until she retired recently and her office was in Castro Valley.

Good business there apparently.

A further note, my mother was a psychotherapist until she retired recently and her office was in Castro Valley.

Good business there apparently.

All Californians have therapists, it seemed to me, when I was one. (A Californian, not a therapist.) Why, I myself have an entire team of psych professionals to keep me on the straight and narrow. I still consider myself a Californian, in other respects, too.

pixy,I think I asked before,but do you know what Emma's parents were doing during the concert?...did they wait around outside or actually go in?...oh wait I think you did answer that before,you didn't see them there...

mary,I wanted to know how long have you known sam?..did you know him in person or online?

About the house: $355k, or whatever it was exactly, must be very, very little for a house in that market, It IS a 2-bedroom....

This is when I freak out, being the Midwest-kinda-gal! In the Midwest, for $350,000 you can get a virtual mansion! My husband has met many manager-level people that move here from a Coast having sold their tiny home for $350,000, and find something like these to replace them:
http://tinyurl.com/ygmkx4b .65 acres

http://tinyurl.com/ygy2fgn almost 2 acres

I just honestly don't get how people manage to live on the coasts!?

mary,I wanted to know how long have you known sam?..did you know him in person or online?

I've known him for almost 2 years, and just online.
Funny thing to mention, when I first met him he was doing promo/graphics for the label 7SE/M:I who had major 'beef' with SKR. I remember Sam dissin SKR along with everyone else on the M:I message board quite a bit. After a falling out with the owner of 7SE, he then jumped sides to SKR which *I believe* was around the summer of '08. So in all actuality he hasn't been a big fan of SKR for that long...
Just thought some of you might find that interesting.

This is when I freak out, being the Midwest-kinda-gal! In the Midwest, for $350,000 you can get a virtual mansion! My husband has met many manager-level people that move here from a Coast having sold their tiny home for $350,000, and find something like these to replace them:
http://tinyurl.com/ygmkx4b .65 acres

http://tinyurl.com/ygy2fgn almost 2 acres

I just honestly don't get how people manage to live on the coasts!?

We languish on the beaches, and melt into a million swimming pools..... but somehow... we... survive.... :)

Funny thing to mention, when I first met him he was doing promo/graphics for the label 7SE/M:I who had major 'beef' with SKR. I remember Sam dissin SKR along with everyone else on the M:I message board quite a bit. After a falling out with the owner of 7SE, he then jumped sides to SKR which *I believe* was around the summer of '08. So in all actuality he hasn't been a big fan of SKR for that long...

...seems like a lot of people have "beefs" with SKR off and on,lol,would you tell us why you did?..and do you still?...where you friends with Sam only on that message board or myspace as well?...hope I'm not being too nosy :crazy:

...seems like a lot of people have "beefs" with SKR off and on,lol,would you tell us why you did?..and do you still?...where you friends with Sam only on that message board or myspace as well?...hope I'm not being too nosy :crazy:

No, none of you here have been overly nosy with me, which I appreciate very much! Nosy would be the people that message me on other sites as soon as they find out I'm still talking to him asking "Why did he do it? What kind of things does he say to you? Aren't you afraid he's going to break out and come kill you next? How can you talk to such a monster? Are you and him 'together'?!?!?". It gets rather old and quite annoying!

I didn't really have any problems with the artists on SKR, aside from the fact that I can't stand the music they make. I'm not a fan of 'satanic' horrorcore artists in general.
And yes, me and him were friends on myspace also.

yeah,now i know which questions not to ask...jk,but the reason i was asking about myspace is because I was wondering if you know any of the older posts between him and emma,like how the whole thing evolved,I've read that it was kind of a "secret" relationship but I only read the newer posts and they're obvious....but I was wondering if you know if Emma was coming on that strong in the beginning also,like really make him feel she was totally into him from the beginning....

7SE = 7th Seal Entertainment
M:I = ???

I don't remember seeing a posting about the article in the People magazine in October. Here it is, and gives some insight into why the parents allowed Sam to visit and stay in the same home.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20314033,00.html

The part about that article I never understood is this:

The couple's friends were certain that McCroskey did not display any warning signals during his visit with the family. "He did not show up carrying a chainsaw and wearing a hockey mask," says Hodgson, a former police officer.

No, he just wrote songs about murder and posted pictures of himself posing as a murderer (including one in a hockey mask) on his MySpace.

The couple's friends were certain that McCroskey did not display any warning signals during his visit with the family. "He did not show up carrying a chainsaw and wearing a hockey mask," says Hodgson, a former police officer.

No, he just wrote songs about murder and posted pictures of himself posing as a murderer (including one in a hockey mask) on his MySpace.

surely there were warning signs, surely,,, perhaps now after the fact,,,someone's memory or conscience has been jolted? you're right DM, how could anyone overlook this kind of behavior as to be nothing,,,for the thrill?!? .... just can't fathom...

surely there were warning signs, surely,,, perhaps now after the fact,,,someone's memory or conscience has been jolted? you're right DM, how could anyone overlook this kind of behavior as to be nothing,,,for the thrill?!? .... just can't fathom...

Maybe they didn't ever see his MySpace? Alternatively, if they knew about his stuff, it seems that Emma's parents were desensitized to this sort of content. After all, the themes in Sam's lyrics and images aren't unusual in the horrorcore scene.

Mom and dad would have no clue about Sam's music or his mysace and probably only knew very little about horrorcore in general. Not many parents are like you and I snooping on kids phone calls and internet usage, I dont like doing it but they are kids and they need to be looked after by those who have walked in their shoes before. Besides, I would never throw anything I find in to their faces or use it against them but I do use the information I gather to see how the kids respond to certain situations so that mom and I can know if what we are teaching them is working or not and so that we know what type of fabric the kids are made of. Some kids are more prone to peer pressure than others no matter what you teach them and that is something a parent needs to know before it is too late.

Anyway, I seriously doubt mom or dad had a clue about Sam and I suspect Emma ran that household anyway so its really a moot point. They also may have "seen it all" with Emma and the horrorcore community and had come to think no matter how outrageous it seemed it was all harmless fun and just kids passing through a phase.

Keep in mind these are mom and dads friends speaking in the article, what they see in the family is going to be somewhat different than what really happens between the 4 walls of the home no matter how close they are.

You are absolutely right Paximus and you and DM and all the other parents who are actively "snooping" in the best interest of your kids who have not yet formed the ability to fully REASON (true story) are right on and are doing the right thing.

From my first hand experience, there is another kind of parent...the one who KNOWS what pot smells like, who knows what teenagers are capable of but are divorced, feel guilty, have some subconscious desire to be the best, or favorite parent - or who just find it easier on themselves to be in denial. These are the kind of parents who say, "I can't invade their privacy like that" (barf) etc. etc. and the kind of parents who just don't really effectively snoop because they don't really want to know because either it might make them feel like a failure or they might have to do something about it and change their own lives.

Hey let's face it, sometimes it's easier to look the other way, keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best and there are many, many, many parents out there doing just that and sure - a great number get by just fine; the lucky ones.

I did hear way back on the forum that Debra and Mark DID NOT attend the concert. For me, and I can only speak from the limited information we have, that is part of the "I don't really want to know" attitude. Being a taxi service so that your kid won't run away and do it on their own says they lost the battle years and years ago.

I had super strict parents all up in my business all the time and looking back I see how much they loved me and went out of their way to protect me - even from myself. Oh and I never got a freaking ride ANYWHERE, so I think kids are quite a bit more spoiled and entitled these days.

(i don't spell check...sorry)

You are absolutely right Paximus and you and DM and all the other parents who are actively "snooping" in the best interest of your kids who have not yet formed the ability to fully REASON (true story) are right on and are doing the right thing.

From my first hand experience, there is another kind of parent...the one who KNOWS what pot smells like, who knows what teenagers are capable of but are divorced, feel guilty, have some subconscious desire to be the best, or favorite parent - or who just find it easier on themselves to be in denial. These are the kind of parents who say, "I can't invade their privacy like that" (barf) etc. etc. and the kind of parents who just don't really effectively snoop because they don't really want to know because either it might make them feel like a failure or they might have to do something about it and change their own lives.

Hey let's face it, sometimes it's easier to look the other way, keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best and there are many, many, many parents out there doing just that and sure - a great number get by just fine; the lucky ones.

I did hear way back on the forum that Debra and Mark DID NOT attend the concert. For me, and I can only speak from the limited information we have, that is part of the "I don't really want to know" attitude. Being a taxi service so that your kid won't run away and do it on their own says they lost the battle years and years ago.

I had super strict parents all up in my business all the time and looking back I see how much they loved me and went out of their way to protect me - even from myself. Oh and I never got a freaking ride ANYWHERE, so I think kids are quite a bit more spoiled and entitled these days.

(i don't spell check...sorry)

Excellent points. When my kids are old enough to form a reasonable defense against those who do not have their best interest at heart I WILL NEVER violate their privacy, until then I will indeed do what I need to do to make sure they have a shot at a decent life and the oppotunity to get thru their difficult teen years without getting too beat up. But I will let them scratch their knee and see what it feels like, we cant shelter them that is no good either.

Anyway the kids were smoking and boozing it up pretty hard according to the concert pics I seen so I would say you are right mom and dad werent INSIDE.

And yes, we didnt get rides when we were kids, we walked in the snow, barefoot, uphill...................

both ways.

:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members