VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
As ****ed up as it is Sam may be better off where he is.

Well, I mean youre never better off locked in a cage but at least he has food and a bed which is more than Sarah can say right now it seems.

So this is what Sam was headed home to eh?

"At least he has food and a bed ".

Hmmmpfh ! While I am not familiar with where sam is at , lets just say jail food and beds arent anything that resembles what generally is considered to be "food" or "bed" such as you or I know it.

Sam's meals probably cost 86 cents.

TOTAL. FOR THE DAY.....................

Sam's meals probably cost 86 cents.

TOTAL. FOR THE DAY.....................

Yea thats true, my father was a prison warden for many many years and that is about what they spend on food for prisoners, I think he told me once just under 1.50 a day to feed them.

Thinking...

I've never really applied myself to figuring out if Sam was bright or dim.

Has anyone picked out any evidence either way from his sites? I guess we have no real information on his schooling since it was... personalized.

Of course we have limited evidence that he was savvy about web/tech stuff. Wonder if he has, like, Asperger's or something....

"At least he has food and a bed ".

Hmmmpfh ! While I am not familiar with where sam is at , lets just say jail food and beds arent anything that resembles what generally is considered to be "food" or "bed" such as you or I know it.

Taste-Testing Nutraloaf
The prison food that just might be unconstitutionally bad.
http://www.slate.com/id/2193538/

I meant to add this quote which I thought was hilarious.

"Vermont's penal cookbook calls for a combination of vegetables, beans, bread, cheese, and raisins. I recently spent $15 on a nearly identical dish at a vegan cafe in New York—and it didn't even have raisins."

Anyone have any clue as to what drugs Sam's mother is on? I think that may be DM's long sought after meth connection.

TAPU there are quotes from his mother saying he did very well in school and with his home schooling and that she was very protective of him, it sounds like the mother and father just all a sudden gave up on the kids and went off the deep end.

Anyone have any clue as to what drugs Sam's mother is on? I think that may be DM's long sought after meth connection.

TAPU there are quotes from his mother saying he did very well in school and with his home schooling and that she was very protective of him, it sounds like the mother and father just all a sudden gave up on the kids and went off the deep end.

I am guessing that there is more to the story than that...

I never took what Sam's mother had to say about it too seriously. Especially when she was going on about volunteering in his classes when he was much younger. First, it's easy to love your children and do stuff like that when they are little. Sticking with it through middle school is a whole 'nother thing. Second, it has the tone of the family myth she has created. I believe Sam and Sarah might tell the same myth, but only because they were too little to remember what it was really like, and because their mother has woven the tale all along. And then, yeah, it happens that people are great parents and then become meth heads, but not as often as people are loser parents and stay loser parents.

jmo, imho, etc.

"Everybody lies." --Gregory House, M.D.

Thinking...

I've never really applied myself to figuring out if Sam was bright or dim.

Has anyone picked out any evidence either way from his sites? I guess we have no real information on his schooling since it was... personalized.

Of course we have limited evidence that he was savvy about web/tech stuff. Wonder if he has, like, Asperger's or something....

Intelligence is in the eye of the beholder and it depends on what you mean. Basic web work requires concentration and attention to detail more than "intelligence" IMO.

Everyone I know that was home schooled has some weird holes in their knowledge and of course often in their social experiences and relevant communication skills. Many home schooled kids have never worked in a group setting for example. Of course these days the need for social interaction is replaced with Xbox Live, and this shows in the social interactions between people in real life too.

Sam's "look" says, "deficient" to me. Like, functionally. I could see the guy sitting in occupational therapy throughout his school years, with his mouth hanging open. You know wha'm sayin.

Intelligence is in the eye of the beholder and it depends on what you mean. Basic web work requires concentration and attention to detail more than "intelligence" IMO.

Everyone I know that was home schooled has some weird holes in their knowledge and of course often in their social experiences and relevant communication skills. Many home schooled kids have never worked in a group setting for example. Of course these days the need for social interaction is replaced with Xbox Live, and this shows in the social interactions between people in real life too.

There's this line in Six Feet Under, where Rico meets the very weird Harold, and Harold says proudly, "I was home schooled." And Rico says, very sincerely and sweetly really, "Yeah, you seem a little... home schooled."

Sam's "look" says, "deficient" to me. Like, functionally. I could see the guy sitting in occupational therapy throughout his school years, with his mouth hanging open. You know wha'm sayin.

You are assuming that his parents had the cajones to stand up for him and fight for special ed services. It seems like they just took him out of school instead.

There's this line in Six Feet Under, where Rico meets the very weird Harold, and Harold says proudly, "I was home schooled." And Rico says, very sincerely and sweetly really, "Yeah, you seem a little... home schooled."

LOL Harold was one of the best characters ever, him and the mom funny stuff. Loved that show and I am not a big TV guy but that was well made, also love CURB.

i work with special needs kids, can't see sam as one of these with the mouth open and all. he could be educable, but i seriously doubt it, because he was able to do all that programming and stuff. aspergers --- probably not either. something isn't right with him tho, and could be mental or emotional disturbed. i could be wrong and way off also.

i work with special needs kids, can't see sam as one of these with the mouth open and all. he could be educable, but i seriously doubt it, because he was able to do all that programming and stuff. aspergers --- probably not either. something isn't right with him tho, and could be mental or emotional disturbed. i could be wrong and way off also.

I think it is clear that he was emotionally stunted. You can see from the way that he interacted with girls on myspace that he probably wouldnt know how to talk to someone 21-25 more his age, and was more comfortable with younger girls as far as romance went, I am sure he had many friends like Mary who were older or his age that he was able to communicate with at least in part, but his letter to Mary even indicates to me someone who is very emotionally stunted and is probably about 12 or 13 emotionally.

I think it is clear that he was emotionally stunted. You can see from the way that he interacted with girls on myspace that he probably wouldnt know how to talk to someone 21-25 more his age, and was more comfortable with younger girls as far as romance went, I am sure he had many friends like Mary who were older or his age that he was able to communicate with at least in part, but his letter to Mary even indicates to me someone who is very emotionally stunted and is probably about 12 or 13 emotionally.

i agree completely. he lacked in lots of social skills, or it seems to be this way. i just wonder what the deal is with his mother, on her protectiveness of him, and where is she now? what kept her from over protecting him when he got a certain age? and where is this lady he had been friends with? where is she? i wonder if she has been trying to write sam too. where are the 'friends' he had in the horrorcore world? makes me wonder if he really didnt have any or very few good friends. i hate to say, but he probably never had best friends.

i agree completely. he lacked in lots of social skills, or it seems to be this way. i just wonder what the deal is with his mother, on her protectiveness of him, and where is she now? what kept her from over protecting him when he got a certain age? and where is this lady he had been friends with? where is she? i wonder if she has been trying to write sam too. where are the 'friends' he had in the horrorcore world? makes me wonder if he really didnt have any or very few good friends. i hate to say, but he probably never had best friends.

I wouldnt be surprised to learn that Sam spent the last 5 years of his life pretty much confined in his bedroom 21 hours a day. At a time when most teens are finding their identity Sam was all alone and didnt interact with anyone in the real world.

I am also sure no matter the state of Emma's household Sam felt very out of place there and it is clear to me that in spite of her problems Emma was actually very much more mature than Sam was and beyond her own age. She was probably more like the 20 year old and he the 14 year old, in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darbs76