AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Elizabeth has arrived in Maricopa County yet? I think new inmates are listed (with booking photo) on their website for three days after arrival.
www.mcso.org <---- click here for Maricopa County Sheriff's Office website

Not alone tonight Smart...You're stuck with me. Woohoo.

Back on topic. Really dumb question. For the interview that was done over the phone with EJ, who called who? I am assuming she called them, but I guess I could be wrong. It was a media release, so the jail, I guess, could have allowed them to call in at a prearranged time.
And where were the Smiths for that call? If they were at home, either they are lying about the lack of a landline or they called her.

I never knew what if felt like for one's head to be swimming. It's swimming now.

Does anyone know if Elizabeth has arrived in Maricopa County yet? I think new inmates are listed (with booking photo) on their website for three days after arrival. On the Sheriffs Department website.

She's showing up as 'out of custody' @ Miami-Dade county jail, but I don't see her in MCSO yet, SB.

Maybe she hasn't made it thru the booking yet.

There is no state in the union that will terminate rights and still demand child support. Trust me. For personal reasons, I have had a lawyer check this nationwide. For custody and visitation and all that, yes, you still owe, but when your rights are terminated, so is all legal and financial responsibility.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this, because I am almost dead certain that while I was going through my divorce and custody issues in Arizona, my attorney told me that two parents could not agree to allow either one to stop supporting the child. I really don't like to discuss my personal business here, but I would have gladly agreed to allow my ex off the hook for child support if that meant he would have given up his parental rights, and the ex would have gladly not paid a dime of child support if he could have avoided it. However, the law would not allow him to sign off, even though I was more than willing to allow him to do so.

It is different if there is an involuntary termination, as in child abuse/abandonment, but I am pretty sure I remember my attorney telling me that the ex could only sign off on his rights if I remarried and my new husband was willing to adopt the kids.

Does anyone know if Elizabeth has arrived in Maricopa County yet? I think new inmates are listed (with booking photo) on their website for three days after arrival.

I think the ten o'clock news said she would be arriving at 11 pm MST. I don't know if she will be booked into the County jail... iirc, Tempe has their own "mini-jail", so they could hold her there for awhile.

(Btw, this memory comes from me once doing contract work for the courts, I was never a defendant, lol.)

Edited to add: I should have checked the Tempe.gov site, it says:

Tempe City Jail - Most citizens arrested by the Tempe Police Department are taken to the city jail (120 E 5th St, Tempe) for processing. If the prisoner is going to be detained for a long period of time he/she is transported to Maricopa County Jail.
http://www.tempe.gov/911/phone_numbers.htm

So I would guess she's probably going to spend the night in Tempe jail so the detectives can question her, and then she'll go onto Estrella Towers/Maricopa County jail. I doubt if they'll send her to Tent City, she is too high-profile for that.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this, because I am almost dead certain that while I was going through my divorce and custody issues in Arizona, my attorney told me that two parents could not agree to allow either one to stop supporting the child. I really don't like to discuss my personal business here, but I would have gladly agreed to allow my ex off the hook for child support if that meant he would have given up his parental rights, and the ex would have gladly not paid a dime of child support if he could have avoided it. However, the law would not allow him to sign off, even though I was more than willing to allow him to do so.

It is different if there is an involuntary termination, as in child abuse/abandonment, but I am pretty sure I remember my attorney telling me that the ex could only sign off on his rights if I remarried and my new husband was willing to adopt the kids.

I wasn't disagreeing over the grounds to terminate, or who is allowed to make that call. Just that once her rights are terminated, there is no child support. She had an open PS case, if her concern was money, all she had to do to get terminated would have been to tell her worker she was beating up the baby.
But, no, instead we have the case the way it is, with all it's weirdness.

Back on topic. Really dumb question. For the interview that was done over the phone with EJ, who called who? I am assuming she called them, but I guess I could be wrong. It was a media release, so the jail, I guess, could have allowed them to call in at a prearranged time.
And where were the Smiths for that call? If they were at home, either they are lying about the lack of a landline or they called her.

I never knew what if felt like for one's head to be swimming. It's swimming now.

Is there a link to the interview? I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

Off to hunt!

Melanie

You know what really bothers me...

We have been having gorgeous weather in AZ lately. Gabriel should have been outside today soaking it all up, maybe in a stroller, going through a park with his dad, laughing and pointing at all the dogs and birds. Just soaking it all in and comprehending it all for the first time.

Instead, his family and loved ones have no idea where he is, or even if they'll ever be able to push him in a stroller again.

I think? that interview is an exclusive at kpho.com, could this be it? http://www.kpho.com/video/22155911/index.html

Actually, I just gave myself another question, which I intend to try to sleep on.
For all the bad things that I know about CPS, it really isn't that hard to lose your kids to them. Especially if you don't want said kids. And you don't have to worry about a judge saying that you can't just sign off, they will definitely take care of all that for you. So, if she didn't want Gabe, why didn't she just let the house get dirty, and tell them she was hitting him...or even thinking of hitting him.
That's why I really do think she sold him. There was something that she wanted, something that she intended to get from Gabe, and with him only being a few months old, the only thing she could get would be money for him.

This whole thing makes me so dam sad. I don't think I have ever seen a mother offered more ways out, and just not take them, instead, she's in a cell, Gabe is God knows where, Logan is destroyed, and the Smiths think they are the next American heroes...or the next reality show.

I know, I transcribed it. I just can't tell who called who, that part is edited out of the tape.

Sorry, I posted to the wrong person. I should have posted to Melanie because she said, "Is there a link to the interview? I'm sure it's out there somewhere. Off to hunt!"

Also, there is another interview out there somewhere, where the reporter is sitting in front of a speaker phone talking to EJ. Does anyone remember seeing that, or is that an edited version of this "raw" video?

There is no state in the union that will terminate rights and still demand child support. Trust me. For personal reasons, I have had a lawyer check this nationwide. For custody and visitation and all that, yes, you still owe, but when your rights are terminated, so is all legal and financial responsibility.

I can tell you for certain in Florida that isn't the case. My ex lost all of his parental rights including allowing me to change my daughter's last name back to my maiden name when we divorced and he was ordered to pay child support as well as 1/2 of all medical expenses that she incurred. He originally wouldn't pay it but since he was held in contempt he has been paying regularly. The judge stated to him that he wasn't fit to be a part of her life and that he was a threat to her well-being but he was fit to continue to pay for her until she finished college.

So I would guess she's probably going to spend the night in Tempe jail so the detectives can question her, and then she'll go onto Estrella Towers/Maricopa County jail. I doubt if they'll send her to Tent City, she is too high-profile for that.
(above respectfully snipped by smart blonde)

Yes, she could end up at Estrella, or Towers, or any of the jails in the Maricopa County Jail System. Per the Maricopa County Sherrif's Office ( www.mcso.org ), here is a list of the different jails in that system:

* Madison Street Jail (near the courthouse)
* First Avenue Jail (another near the courthouse)
* 4th Street Jail (also in downtown Phoenix)
* Durango Jail
* Towers Jail
* Estrella Jail
* Lower Buckeye Jail ( on the western edge of Phoenix)
* Tent City

Elizabeth will be entering one of the largest jail system's in the country.

I can tell you for certain in Florida that isn't the case. My ex lost all of his parental rights including allowing me to change my daughter's last name back to my maiden name when we divorced and he was ordered to pay child support as well as 1/2 of all medical expenses that she incurred. He originally wouldn't pay it but since he was held in contempt he has been paying regularly. The judge stated to him that he wasn't fit to be a part of her life and that he was a threat to her well-being but he was fit to continue to pay for her until she finished college.

Thank you, if nothing else, I just learned I need to get a better lawyer.
Insert forehead slapping smiley here.

Sorry, I posted to the wrong person. I should have posted to Melanie because she said, "Is there a link to the interview? I'm sure it's out there somewhere. Off to hunt!"

Also, there is another interview out there somewhere, where the reporter is sitting in front of a speaker phone talking to EJ. Does anyone remember seeing that, or is that an edited version of this "raw" video?

Thank you - found it. I found a couple of curious quinky-dinks.

Tammi Smith used to live in Nashville.

EJ found underground help in Nashville (why needed if she gave Gabriel to a couple in the park)

Tammi called Janet Morris (a friend in Nashville) to counsel EJ, and what charges she faced.

In hearing EJ's interview, she places the blame on the bio-dad, and her affect is very flat (translated - she didn't seem concerned where her baby is).

My question is: DID EJ GIVE THE BABY TO JANET MORRIS IN THAT PARK? I know LE raided a home in Nashville, but they didn't say who the home belonged to.

Thanks!

Mel

I'm nodding off here, so before I start using my keyboard as a pillow, I'd like to say this:

If anyone lurking knows ANYTHING about baby Gabriel, please call one of these numbers:

Tempe Police:
480-350-8311

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678)

If you want to remain anonymous, please call the local Silent Witness:
480-Witness
(800) 343-8477

Good night to all my WS friends and let's all hope and pray that Gabriel is home soon, laughing and playing with his father and loved ones.

Even if my bad feelings are correct, in what may have happened to Gabriel (meaning if Elizabeth did kill him), by no means do I think that TFPS is innocent of all wrong doing.

I think she is involved in some very shady things, as far as children- and their illegal placement/adoptions are concerned.

I feel her actions and dishonesty are what helped to set this ball rolling. If there is a disasterous conclusion to this case, I won't be surprised if she is held partly responsible.

There are just too many 'coincidences' regarding Gabriel 'disappearing', and her ties and seeming interest in adoptions, surrogate mothers, etc.

I don't know what that means.... hope you can clarify.... left me speachless....

I did an internet search -- no such dead baby found in or near victoria, texas. I can't speak on behalf of the poster but I believe he/she is thinking worse case scenario.

What I'd like to know is how the poster came up with Victoria, Texas, and the thoughts behind that.

Thanks,

Mel

Even if my bad feelings are correct, in what may have happened to Gabriel (meaning if Elizabeth did kill him), by no means do I think that TFPS is innocent of all wrong doing.

I think she is involved in some very shady things, as far as children- and their illegal placement/adoptions are concerned.

I feel her actions and dishonesty are what helped to set this ball rolling. If there is a disasterous conclusion to this case, I won't be surprised if she is held partly responsible.

There are just too many 'coincidences' regarding Gabriel 'disappearing', and her ties and seeming interest in adoptions, surrogate mothers, etc.

I agree, and when that lie detector test comes back, hopefully we'll know a lot more!

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member