AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he's a minor? That's really sad really. I hate for Gabe to be exploited like that. I know his face needs to be out there however. I just hate to think she could make money off this tragedy by selling pictures of him. She says she has none of her own money to contribute to the reward fund...so I wonder what she would do with the money if she did indeed sell pics of him.
she is free to post them where ever she pleases since she took them , they are legally hers
if she decided to sell them though, she would need a model release since the child isnt hers and is a minor. One or both parents would need to sign for that.

Ya know I don't think what Elizabeth did is ok by any means but how much of what she did do was because it was what Tammi was TELLING her to do?

If this girl does have the depression issues and is bipolar could it cause her to be more "plyable" or "peer pressured" into something?

Do we have a link to where the babysitter actually states which one it was?

I just re-read the entire NG show transcript for the night the babysitter was on, and I don't see anywhere where she mentions or even gives a hint which hotel it was.
People can look for themselves. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/14/ng.01.html

A reporter in the transcript does mention that the hotel is near the airport, but NG reporting has proved to be unreliable in the past.

Sometimes it's hard to distinguish good speculation from an established fact, especially after this many pages of posts. People start thinking some things are facts that have only been put out there as probabilities. I haven't seen yet that the location of the hotel has been established by anyone. Hotels don't always put their actual room pictures in their internet ads, just available pictures from the hotel chain.

I hope TPS keeps on talking and talking herself right into JAIL!
She will slip up and LE will have more evidence!!!

As long as they came from her camera and she took them or set the camera up to have shots of her and Gabriel, she can do with them whatever she wishes... she owns the rights to them. She can make money off of them, too, if she wanted to. (like selling them to the media)

Maybe not. She needs a model release and if the subject is a minor, she needs the written release of a parent or legal guardian. If she is selling photos of a child without the parent or lg's permission, they should be able to recover damages. MOO

So TPS has a "FAN PAGE" ...she must be expecting to be a celebrity, or thinks she already is one. IMO, it would be wiser of her to spend today getting her colen cleansed in preparation for her debut appearance on the Sheriff Joe Show next week.

yes that's one of them

ETA: and every post quoting it

Reminders have already been posted about this stuff.

I will change my post... but just to know what exactly is wrong with that? I wish instead of you getting upset you'd explain. There is a lady on her fan page sending out the emails tammi sent her and I thought I'd share.. rather then paraphrasing the entire long emails.

I just re-read the entire NG show transcript for the night the babysitter was on, and I don't see anywhere where she mentions or even gives a hint which hotel it was.
People can look for themselves. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/14/ng.01.html

A reporter in the transcript does mention that the hotel is near the airport, but NG reporting has proved to be unreliable in the past.

Sometimes it's hard to distinguish good speculation from an established fact, especially after this many pages of posts. People start thinking some things are facts that have only been put out there as probabilities. I haven't seen yet that the location of the hotel has been established by anyone. Hotels don't always put their actual room pictures in their internet ads, just available pictures from the hotel chain.
I have been looking on youtube to see if I can find the video...so far no luck but I am not the best at it

I am pretty sure I saw it somewhere... but i don't remember where... I need some space so I will go hunting;)

The stuff like quoting and posting emails that can't be confirmed, (seeing them is not confirmation) will get us left here in general discussion at best. Past that it will also get individual members timed out or banned, and could potentially get the thread closed for clean up.
None of us is perfect, and I don't think that any of us really know all the rules. A lot of this requires making judgment calls as to what can be posted and what can't be. If you can't link it, don't post it. If it contains info on a minor, don't post it. If you run a name through Google news and they don't come up in connection with a case, don't post it.

That covers pretty much any situation that can arise with the social networking and email stuff. it's the same thing the mods keep telling us.
I had the email yesterday, but in keeping with rules have not posted to the board regarding the info in it or quoting it. I would like to, but the rules here are that I can't. It's not that hard.

ETA: Do not think that I think I'm perfect. I know the mods have to do some work to clean up after me too, so I'm still learning as I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle