CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I can't locate the post, but someone was talking about the news and hearing "King and Colorado" together. The connection is that the Dec. 27th attack was on a woman from Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Exactly! So the 12/27 victim that was attacked is not a San Diego local, she's from Colorado Springs.

Now, I can't locate the post, but someone was talking about the news and hearing "King and Colorado" together. The connection is that the Dec. 27th attack was on a woman from Colorado Springs, Colorado.

That was on CK scanner thread :)

The parents of a 17-year-old girl who failed to come home after a run in the park are pleading for people to come forward with information.

John Gardner III, a registered sex offender, has been booked for investigation of murder and remains in custody without bail after his arrest Sunday in San Diego.

Authorities are still searching for Chelsea King, and prosecutors say they will decide by Wednesday whether to charge Gardner.

http://www.kswt.com/Global/story.asp?S=12064977

they are still deciding on the murder charge I bet...

“There is no known treatment for an individual that sexually assaults girls and does not admit to it in any way,” said Dr. Matthew Carroll. “The fact that the defendant takes no responsibility whatsoever for his actions makes him an extremely poor candidate for any sexual offender treatment.”

So hey! Let's just put him back out on the streets!

:banghead:

What about ONE that totally admits to the abuse and apoligizes over and over to you and all family and friends, but when it comes to "pleading guilty" in a court case....he doesn't!!! :(
That's what i'm in the middle of RIGHT NOW and it's so hard.
I was sexually abused for years by this person and now that i'm an adult, i finally went to the police and i'm in the middle of this court case where even though he's admitted it to several people and apoligized over and over, he hasn't pled guilty or shown any sign that he will. :(
If i was only doing this for me, i swear i'd quit by now....but i know i could never forgive myself if he did this to anyone else...(and i already know he has tried)...so i feel like i HAVE to do this!!!
But sometimes i wonder....why do people think someone like him can just change....w/out any kind of help or councelling or sex offender program?
Sorry...got off subject a little bit.....

The crimes occurred about a month before his 21st birthday.
He was charged with three counts of forcible lewd act upon a child and one count of false Imprisonment by violence, menace, fraud or deceit. On May 31, two months later, he pleaded guilty to two counts of forcible lewd act and the single count of false imprisonment.
Gardner faced a maximum prison sentence of 10 years and 8 months. On September 13, 2000 he was sentenced to six years in state prison, and ordered to pay a $1200 fine.
In the sentencing summary, prosecutors considered Gardner’s actions “extremely predatory, and this makes him very dangerous despite his minor prior record. When combined with his callous attitude and refusal to admit any wrongdoing, defendant demonstrates that he is an extreme danger to others and needs to be imprisoned to protect society.”
The court records indicate that the district attorney did not seek the maximum sentence only because Gardner had no significant record of prior criminal conduct.

Source: Arrest in Chelsea King Case | NBC San Diego

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Arrest-in-Chelsea-King-Disappearance.html

He would still be in prison if he got the max sentence..

And he was in State Prison (for looking up any other records)

Thanks fhc, I have too many windows open obviously! Hopefully the person that asked the question is over here too.

Just waiting here from the East Coast for any news! Been on pins and needles all day.:eye:

Agreed on all counts. Escondido, unfortunately, was your typical missing teen case where the parents knew something was wrong, but the police were too lazy to do anything about it, preferring to label her a runaway and wash their hands of it. I think there is going to be community outrage, and there really should be. Maybe Amber's parents would have been able to recover her had they actually done their jobs.

What a senseless tragedy. These cases in California will never be investigated properly until something is done about the unionized police forces. Mike Shedlock hits the nail on the head. http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2009/11/plundering-california-how-public-sector.html

Give me 20 minutes and I'll upload some new pictures and what I saw driving around.

I do think something's up as far as now there is heavy, heavy activity on the north side of the lake (streets are closed that access the Hernandez Hideaway restaurant area) - the helicopter is low overhead in that area.

But there were also a lot of people at the Smokesignal/Alborada lookout area on the south side looking down by the Bernardo Bay area by the waterfalls (the area where I circled it I think in green in my most recent mpa here) apparently watching again.

The helicopter seemed to be circling between the area of the arrest and the area on the south side I'm referring to. I'll map it and put up photos shortly, including of an access point or two.

The I'll go back and fix my other pictures!

just found this blog on another site:

tell me why the news has the info messed up. he used to be my down stairs neighbor at 1050 rock springs road Escondido ca 92026. with his wife/girlfriend and their 2 kids one boy and one boy. I knew him, this man drank heavily and was violent towards his/girlfriends kids.

tell me why the news has the info messed up. he used to be my down stairs neighbor at 1050 rock springs road Escondido ca 92026. with his wife/girlfriend and their 2 kids one boy and one boy. I knew him, this man drank heavily and was violent towards his/girlfriends kids.

I read a similar post in the comments section of an article from someone else who claims to know him. This poster also mentioned him living with a gf and kids...and even said that JAG had watched his/her own kids in the past :banghead:

What about ONE that totally admits to the abuse and apoligizes over and over to you and all family and friends, but when it comes to "pleading guilty" in a court case....he doesn't!!! :(
I was sexually abused for years by this person and now that i'm an adult, i finally went to the police and i'm in the middle of this court case where even though he's admitted it to several people and apoligized over and over, he hasn't pled guilty or shown any sign that he will. :(
If i was only doing this for me, i swear i'd quit by now....but i know i could never forgive myself if he did this to anyone else...(and i already know he has tried)...so i feel like i HAVE to do this!!!
But sometimes i wonder....why do people think someone like him can just change....w/out any kind of help or councelling or sex offender program?
Good for you! You are very strong and brave. Find comfort that you've undoubtedly saved others from the same fate. You'll be in my prayers for continued healing and peace.

I found his criminal records under - - Johnny Gardner III and Johnny Albert Gardner birthdate - 04/09/79 His records are hard to find. Don't know why except he seems to have different ways of naming himself.

bbm... if this is true it sure explains why that background search company is up in arms that LE won't speak to them about the address information and pictures that they have of him...:waitasec:

bbm... if this is true it sure explains why that background search company is up in arms that LE won't speak to them about the address information and pictures that they have of him...:waitasec:

I sent that info to Chelsey's parents. The article from the background search company. Thought they could possibly pass it on to the detectives.

it is terrible to think he might have been in jail still if sentenced for the maximum back in 2000; i wonder how the judge feels today, if a judge can afford to have personal feelings, the sentencing guidelines are not his fault, but...

YOU GO GIRL - keep up that fight! You're important and so is everyone else he has/will hurt. Good for you!!!!!! :furious:

the death penalty will mean 15+ years of free appeals and almost never takes place in CA anyway. LWOP in the worst possible prison is ok with me. I am sick of death row inmates soaking up sympathy and free legal work for decades at a time. There might be ONE or TWO that have landed there by mistake but those cases with DNA sewn up need to just be "moved" thru the system according to their sentence (and I am Democrat, so you know I am more than annoyed...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aprilssister94