Cindy's Attempts to Contact "Zanny"? *revisit*

BBM
Weren't the As doing yard work around that time? Maybe KC lost her "Tiffany" ring while digging or "cutting bamboo" and CA or GA found it out there. Could be why CA asked her where it was during that jail visit - I always thought that was an odd question. Cindy could have bee trying to trap KC . . .

just a thought :waitasec:

I believe that was the yard work date, and I suppose the fact that their anxiety level about Caylee seemed to escalate that day has made us think that they found something. I've heard people say they think it was mama's clothes, the ring, one of Caylee's toys, a dug out place in the yard, etc. Time will tell on that one!

Here's the less-is-more version,. I'll post details to the 7/3 ping thread later.

After spending the day having a few phone conversations w/ Ryan, and getting duped by Casey into a trip out to Universal Cindy returned back home. In the process she contacted Lee.

At 7:46PM Cindy received a call @ home from someone* and had a 15 minute conversation. At the conclusion of that call...from the home phone...Cindy made 2 calls.

8:07PM Called Fusian
8:08PM Called Fusian

There are 2 phone numbers for Fusian. Cindy called them both.
*It is important to note that the calls made TO the house aren't of great use in terms of the phone #. It appears the document that I am looking @ was OCR'd for these calls and the result is unreliable for the exact #'s. However, the calls FROM the house ARE reliable. So...we have a bit of a mystery to solve. I speculate the call was from Lee based on the following...

• Lee had just returned from being in Chicago for the last half of June and was out-of-the-loop re: Cindy & Casey's on-going feud.
  • Lee was a friend on Casey's Myspace account.
  • Lee had just been enlisted by Cindy's calls that afternoon
  • IIRC, Lee stated he helped Cindy w/ MySpace
IMHO, this 15 minute call was from Lee as he checked Casey's MySpace where he saw the Fusian pics Casey posted on 6/21 & 6/24. Speculating that Lee told Cindy about the Fusian pics and she called. Of course Casey may have left a trail about other Fusian invites on her MS page, but, I'll use the pics as the reason for now. Speculate the chase Lee went on to find Casey that night was simply an extension of this Fusian revelation on Casey's MS page. Of course, it could've been Mallory on the phone too...but I'll consider them interchangeable for the purpose of this post.

8:17PM Cindy attempted to call Brittany S. (from an address book or Casey giving that # as ZFG? I dunno.)
8:41PM Cindy attempted to call Lauren C. (former babysitter)

8:44PM Cindy posted her "my caylee is missing" blog on her MySpace page

And now I understand why Cindy thought MS was a way to get a message back to Casey. With the revelation about Fusian partying and her inability to reach a person @ either Brittany or Lauren's # (whether from Casey or from her own addy book research) Cindy was now truly panicked about Caylee's whereabouts.

BJB, great post! I think I remember LA mentioning this day in one of his interviews or when he talked to someone. But, what he had seen on KC's myspace was a comment that she was going to "The Dragon Room" that night for someones birthday party so that's where LA went to try to find her. It was him and a friend of his, Mallory didn't go. Also, on this night somebody tipped KC off & told her her brother was out looking for her.

So, I wonder why CA called Fusion Lounge when the plan was to go to the Dragon Room. Wonder which person called CA, maybe to report? Maybe Mallory was online while LA was gone & she possibly figured out where she'd been going from the pics? and called CA? which caused a chain reaction in phone calls?

Did LA help her make the myspace page?
CA was adamant that she made the myspace page all by her lonesome. She sounded rather proud of herself. Who knows...CA is incapable of telling the truth and LA isn't far behind her.

I guess it boils down to whos word is more reliable, haha.

Did LA help her make the myspace page?
CA was adamant that she made the myspace page all by her lonesome. She sounded rather proud of herself. Who knows...CA is incapable of telling the truth and LA isn't far behind her.

I guess it boils down to whos word is more reliable, haha.

Quick answer to stay on-topic, Lee did the heavy-lifting for the Cayleeismissing myspace page. There are couple of other threads where we spell it out in detail. Will come back and provide links later.

On-topic...I have to re-read this thread, but, I believe AZLawyer :thumb: has also (in addition to the (321)# info in post#1) solidly put together the case that Casey had given Cindy the phone number for Brittany as a ZFG-related number very early on. Cindy attempted reaching someone @ this number at least 2x. This explains Lee's comment on 7/16 to Brittany that Casey had given them some incorrect numbers...further that he meant Casey had given them the number(s) over-time and not specifically the morning of 7/16.

Excellent considerations Sleuthers! I would like to add that after being told about the Fusion pictures by Lee (or Mallory) and having driven all the way to Universal to see Caylee and being lied to by Casey, Cindy called the only other 2 numbers she had for KC's friends. She had talked to Ryan and now was asking the others (that she knew), if they had any information. I think she initially got worked up because the next day was the 4th of July, and being a holiday, expected to see them. Her frustration level had to be peaking when she arrived home from Universal. Then he finds out about the Fusion pics. Calls her friends, noone has talked to her....sends Lee out to look and makes her post about Caylee missing (from her). I'm sure she confronted KC about lying; ie Universal. We all saw KC's response to Cindy's post. Everyone lies, Everyone dies.

I haven't read here yet but I have wanted to say this for a long time so forgive me if it has already been said and thank you for this thread.
If CA really had "Zanny The Nanny's" phone # and address on a sticky note and KC kept telling her that Caylee was with the "Nanny" then why didn't CA call or better yet go to the "Nanny" herself and get Caylee herself? IMO CA told a whooper when she said she gave the sticky note with that info on it to an officer.

I haven't read here yet but I have wanted to say this for a long time so forgive me if it has already been said and thank you for this thread.
If CA really had "Zanny The Nanny's" phone # and address on a sticky note and KC kept telling her that Caylee was with the "Nanny" then why didn't CA call or better yet go to the "Nanny" herself and get Caylee herself? IMO CA told a whooper when she said she gave the sticky note with that info on it to an officer.

She did call lol...read the beginning of the thread...but likely decided not to mention her phone calls to LE as she would then have to explain why she didn't figure out that the numbers were fake.

She did call lol...read the beginning of the thread...but likely decided not to mention her phone calls to LE as she would then have to explain why she didn't figure out that the numbers were fake.

Sorry AZ I did start to read and now I'm ashamed. I'm always a day late and a dollar short plus a sandwich short of a picnic.

Sorry AZ I did start to read and now I'm ashamed. I'm always a day late and a dollar short plus a sandwich short of a picnic.

Don't be ashamed!! :) But do read the thread and let us know what you think.

BJB's post reminded me that I needed to add some things to the first post of this thread:

Are you guys bored? Because you seem bored... :angel:

Here's something to think about:

We all know that Cindy claimed (during the ZFG civil deposition, I believe) that she had phone number(s) and address(es) for Zanny and that she handed them over to the police (and if there's a number, there must be a Zanny, right?). The police report from early in the case states that Cindy did give them a piece of paper with the address for JP/Ricardo/Amy on it. IIRC, the police report said this piece of paper was found in the car, but IMO the police likely got confused when Cindy was handing over all (or most of) the things she found in the car (cleaned-up knife, "Mama" doll, etc.) and also handed over the piece of paper with "Zanny"'s address at the same time.

I keep seeing people on other boards asking, "Why didn't Cindy try to call Zanny, if she had her number?" I think Cindy did try to call Zanny and/or her equally imaginary associates, at least 3 times.

First, on June 25, at 6:13 pm, Cindy called JP's number (407-***-1759). At the time, Cindy supposedly thought KC was staying at the hospital with "Zanny," who had a concussion from the "car accident" and Caylee was staying at a hotel with "Juliet" and her daughter "Annabelle." Cindy said in her FBI interview that Lee had discovered that a number KC gave Cindy as being "Juliet's mom"'s number was really JP's number--but she failed to mention to the FBI that she had actually called the number back on June 25 and therefore probably knew or suspected it was a fake number long before Lee started his little private investigation. (Unless, I suppose, the voice mail for JP was really vague and Cindy left a message and figured Juliet's mom just didn't call her back for some reason.) Cindy left a message for Casey after attempting this call, and then Casey called and spoke to Cindy for 15 minutes, presumably giving some new BS story. This may have been when Casey told Cindy that she (Casey) was back at the hotel with Caylee so no need to worry...but Caylee's asleep, mom, so no you can't talk to her. Plus you'll only upset her....

ADDED INFORMATION: For a variety of reasons, this day is the best possible "match" to the descriptions given by CA and GA of the day CA came home from work and discovered the pool ladder was left up. What does Cindy do when she finds out the pool ladder was left up? First, she calls Casey's friend Brittany S. (6:04 pm). :waitasec: Then, she calls JP's number (6:13 pm), which, as explained above, she thought was "Juliet's mom's" number. It occurred to me that Brittany S. said in her statement that Lee told her on July 16 that Casey had given Brittany's number as "Juliet's" number. I had always assumed that Lee meant Casey had just then given them Brittany's number as "Juliet's" number, but now I think Lee meant that Casey had given Cindy Brittany's number as "Juliet's" number sometime earlier, before June 25. So, in Cindy's mind, her calls to Brittany S and then to JP were "really" calls to JULIET and then to JULIET's MOTHER. Cindy did not attempt to call Casey until AFTER she tried these two numbers.

IMHO, Cindy found more that day than just the pool ladder left up. Otherwise, her instinct would have been to call Casey and George, not to call the person who supposedly had Caylee and then that person's mother. It seems to me that Cindy was trying desperately to contact CAYLEE DIRECTLY that evening--not to contact Casey. Why would a pool ladder worry her so much??? :waitasec: I think she found something that made her think Caylee was dead, and therefore made her want to hear Caylee's voice.

Second, on July 3 at 11:52 am, someone called a number from the house phone (321-***-2291) that was extremely similar to a number saved in KC's cell phone for one of her friends (***-321-2291). My guess is that, after the June 25 incident with JP's number, KC told Cindy that Zanny had changed her number again, and that's why the -1759 number didn't work. KC may have given Cindy this slightly fake number sometime between June 25 and July 3 in order to appease her. She had probably learned not to give a real number of one of her friends... So Cindy called this fake number on July 3 in the morning, and it didn't work (obviously). Sleuthers on other boards have pointed out this is the real phone number of some apparently completely uninvolved guy in Texas, who probably told Cindy "sorry, wrong number, no Zanny here." How does Cindy react? She completely freaks out, spending the rest of the day trying to track down Casey, running out to Universal to "pick up Caylee", calling Fusian nightclub, calling Casey's friends, sending Lee out on a recon mission to Orlando hot spots, and finally writing her "My Caylee Is Missing" MySpace message when none of the above worked. This phone call seems to have triggered all the activity.

As BJB has pointed out, Cindy called Brittany's number again on the evening of July 3, just after calling Fusian and just before writing her "My Caylee is Missing" MySpace post. The failure of this phone call to connect to "Juliet" likely fueled Cindy's concern that something really was wrong. "No red flags" hmmmm?

Third, Cindy tries again to call this SAME NUMBER (321-***-2291) on July 15 at 9:25 pm, right in the middle of all the craziness, 911 calls, kidnapping allegations, etc. Why the heck would she be trying that number again at such a critical time, when she knew perfectly well it didn't work? Maybe she yelled at KC, "You gave me a fake number for Zanny! I tried it and it didn't work!" and KC yelled back, "MOM! Why don't you ever believe me?! That's Zanny's number! The guy who answered was obviously Zanny's boyfriend and he was lying to you because he knows Zanny stole Caylee! Sheesh! Don't you watch any soap operas??"

Sorry for not linking the phone records. All the ones I have are unredacted and I don't have time to go through and put little black rectangles all over them.

...adding, Vickie, that Casey had popped into the house w/ Sean while Cindy was on her Universal snipe hunting exercise :rolleyes: And although we've speculated 'bout what Casey was after (e.g, one poster suggested racer-back bras so as not to irritate her brand spankin' new tattoo :rolleyes:) Casey may have also taken something of value/cash/check, etc....perhaps even to pay Sean (friend and employee of CIT) for the tattoo. I wondered @ one time if this was the occasion she took the money from Caylee's (piggy) bank :waitasec: ...although that prolly wouldn't have been immediately obvious to Cindy. Point being...there may have also been something missing from the house when Cindy got back that threw even MORE fuel onto the fire :furious:

...further supporting your point Vickie, I believe there is either a statement or email from Shirley and/or one of Cindy's coworkers that Cindy had taken vac that week w/ the expectation of spending time w/ Caylee. :(

BJB's post reminded me that I needed to add some things to the first post of this thread:

Wow, if Cindy did find something so alarming on the 25th (pool ladder, or any other indication something had happened to Caylee), it baffles me how she seemed to "calm down" for a few days until the panic returned on the 3rd. Casey must be REALLY good at playing her mother. I can only imagine the conversation between the 2 of them after the 3rd. At some point after the 3rd Casey told her mother that she wouldn't let her talk to Caylee because it would have upset her too much (as per Loubea's email to SP on July 8th). I know a lot of people have speculated that the 3rd is the likely date of them finding something alarming in the yard, but I wouldn't be too surprised to find out that it was earlier on the 25th. We may never know - Cindy will not tell. Her sins of omission are astounding. I have real trouble understanding her actions either before they retrieved the Pontiac or after, with the exception of her panicked 911 call. That I get.

Don't be ashamed!! :) But do read the thread and let us know what you think.

Thank you Az I have read now. Everyone here has said it all.

THanks BJB. Was Cindy taking the week ending on the 4th off or the following week? The reason I ask is that the 3rd would have been a Thursday and she was probably off on the 4th, so that would be the beginning of 10 days off.
The thing that really struck me today, was looking at a calendar of 6-15 to 7-3-08.... was really only 2 1/2 weeks time. SO much happened during that time period. In the beginning of all this sleuthing, it seemed like a long time, (especially after studying the ping maps) but in retrospect now..the days went by quickly. However, Cindy was surely getting pretty upset about not seeing Caylee. I still feel really sorry for her during this time period. It makes me realize just how wicked and spiteful KC was. I need to go back and listen to the timeline interviews with Cindy. :waitasec:

BJB, great post! I think I remember LA mentioning this day in one of his interviews or when he talked to someone. But, what he had seen on KC's myspace was a comment that she was going to "The Dragon Room" that night for someones birthday party so that's where LA went to try to find her. It was him and a friend of his, Mallory didn't go. Also, on this night somebody tipped KC off & told her her brother was out looking for her.

So, I wonder why CA called Fusion Lounge when the plan was to go to the Dragon Room. Wonder which person called CA, maybe to report? Maybe Mallory was online while LA was gone & she possibly figured out where she'd been going from the pics? and called CA? which caused a chain reaction in phone calls?

I recall that Mallory did go with Lee and his friend. Lee had Mallory call Casey to try and find out where she was at. Casey knew that Mallory was with Lee and called Mallory on it. Casey was at another club that night as far as I remember but I do not recall every finding out what club that was. Cindy may have thought of Fusion since that was a club that Casey had on her page. But Mallory was with Lee, to the best of my knowledge.

THanks BJB. Was Cindy taking the week ending on the 4th off or the following week? The reason I ask is that the 3rd would have been a Thursday and she was probably off on the 4th, so that would be the beginning of 10 days off.
The thing that really struck me today, was looking at a calendar of 6-15 to 7-3-08.... was really only 2 1/2 weeks time. SO much happened during that time period. In the beginning of all this sleuthing, it seemed like a long time, (especially after studying the ping maps) but in retrospect now..the days went by quickly. However, Cindy was surely getting pretty upset about not seeing Caylee. I still feel really sorry for her during this time period. It makes me realize just how wicked and spiteful KC was. I need to go back and listen to the timeline interviews with Cindy. :waitasec:

My notes say that Cindy was on vacation Sat May 31-Sun June 8, and Sat Jun 28-Sun July 6.

Of all the lies upon lies that Casey has told
One of the things I wished that someone would have asked GA/CA about Zanny, is that simply that the apartment that Casey says Zanny lived in and that she has been bringing Caylee too had been vacant for what 6months or so, nobody lived there, there is no explantion for that.

Just thought of something else while noodling on the additional info that AZ added to her original post today. Hope this doesn't get too off topic, but.....what if George had told Cindy about a horrible smell/substance on the gas cans he retrieved from Casey on the 24th. Cindy doesn't think too much of it until the 25th when she notices the pool ladder down, and then has a OMG moment. I think George had been telling her that CASey was lying and was continuing to come to the house and I suspect that Cindy didn't believe him. Ok, I'll quit thinking about gas cans now before I take this post further down the OT track!! :innocent:

AZ: Some things I'd appreciate your thoughts on if it isn't too far OT for this thread. May need to take up on the ping threads. Maybe these are related.

1) Something happened @ 12:13AM on Wed. 7/2. Home phone flurry-called Casey 7 times in 18 mins. All went to vmail.

2) I may have an error, but I'm showing a few mins after Casey talked to Tony (in NY) she ckd her vmail, then @ 4:48AM pinged near G&C's where she placed 2 calls to Ryan, then received the return call from Ryan. Casey talked to Ryan for 14 mins from this location before the call ends and she apparently showed up again back @ Amy's. I'd really like to hear back from you or JWG on this 'cause IF this isn't an error... you know what I'm thinking.

3) Casey INITIATED a call and talked to Cindy (i assume) for a 22 min call Wed. 7/2 @ 8:01A. The next thing Casey did was call Ryan for a short convo or msg.

Cindy's landmark call to Ryan @ 9:55AM on Thu 7/3 appears amidst Cindy's failed attempts to reach Casey (except for a single text).

Methinks Casey's 14 min convo with Ryan was probably quite remarkable, and Casey may have made a general passing reference to it to Cindy in their 22 min convo (e.g. "I'm stressed, I talked to Ryan and it helped a little...poor me)". So, when Cindy's Groundhog Day started again on 7/3 she recalled Casey's comment :idea: and got out the address book to call Ryan...then...allhell broke loose ;)

Waiting intently on your reply...esp. re: ping location confirmation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back