WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
My initial comment was just that this contact from VDD was not in the form of a "relationship". JMO

And my original post was about VDD not being convicted of anything that had to do with MC. The original PO filed by her mom was dismissed.

It might not have been in the form of a "relationship", but it was consensual. (I in no way mean "consensual" makes it right.)

It was a "WS Exclusive", of sorts. :cool:
Liz, What does "It was a WS exclusive of sorts " mean and Can someone help me out here. I don't think I am the only one that read that.

maybe i should drive down to CB and check those tire tracks myself and take pictures.
i remember WW saying there were tire tracks leading down to where the body was put only stopping 100 yards from the beach. they said the tire tracks strart from the driveway

one other thought to ponder... I had a long career with Verizon Wireless (including many former corporate names). The majority of my career was providing LE support and testifying as an expet witness regarding wireless triangulation. The "pings" everyone refers to were called registrations. It is how a phone communicates with the network so the network knows where to send an incoming call. Registration times can vary depending on the location. For arguments sake lets just say that the Wenatchee Valley is on a 4 minute cycle. Every 4 minutes a phone that is powered on will send out a registration recieved by the nearest site. That site records the "ping" in case an inbound call arrives. That is retrievable but certainly not easy, and takes some data manipulation by the carrier (at least it wasnt 10 years ago).

Still with me?

Registrations or pings for MC's phone and possible suspects are more than likely already in the hands of LE. The problem is that evidence is circumstantial... It IS NOT gps and there are many variables involved. LE would not release any of that data untill trial unless it could help drive tips.

Wow Sherlock - can you fit this into the timeline regarding the known points?

Boat Ramp 3:40ish

Rock Island 5:40ish - how much longer to CB from this point?

What if the perp was leaving CB and heading for the canyon? How much time to get to the approx. place the car was left?

Thanks,

Salem

i believe it would take about 15 to 20 min. depending on traffic.

maybe i should drive down to CB and check those tire tracks myself and take pictures.
i remember WW saying there were tire tracks leading down to where the body was put put only stoopping 100 yards from the beach. they said the tire tracks strart from the driveway

Interesting....I don't remember hearing this...could you post a link plz?

And my original post was about VDD not being convicted of anything that had to do with MC. The original PO filed by her mom was dismissed.

It might not have been in the form of a "relationship", but it was consensual. (I in no way mean "consensual" makes it right.)

Really? Age of consent in WA State is not at age 13(vs. 17). Isn't that Rape of a Child?

Really? Age of consent in WA State is not at age 13(vs. 17). Isn't that Rape of a Child?

That's pretty condesending and that's not what I mean! What I mean by consensual is that he did not "rape" in the typical sense. They "met" more than once and she admitted to them doing other stuff. When mom found out, charges were brought.

I'm not doing anymore research on that particular topic...

Dogdad, in your opinion, how close can they pinpoint a phone from one on these pings? Whithin a ciy block, or closer???

there is hunters i work with and i was told they have to pick up there own garbage

A good hunter will never leave a trace... That is common practice but not a rule. It should be though :)

i believe it would take about 15 to 20 min. depending on traffic.

Respectfully, by the time you cross the Sellar bridge bottleneck etc., I believe it would be closer to 30-40 min

That's pretty condesending and that's not what I mean! What I mean by consensual is that he did not "rape" in the typical sense. They "met" more than once and she admitted to them doing other stuff. When mom found out, charges were brought.

I'm not doing anymore research on that particular topic...

it doesn't matter. by law you can not sleep with a kid under 17. the guy knew better not to be with a minor....i hate to say this but there is alot of guys in wenatchee that like younger girls. back in 1996 they was this big sex scandal that happened here. about 1200 cases of child sexual abuse was reported. there is still people in prison for it

Dogdad, in your opinion, how close can they pinpoint a phone from one on these pings? Whithin a ciy block, or closer???

Thats a complicated question... in downtown Wenatchee I would say within a block. In Orondo I would say within a mile. See what I mean? A registration is just a blip and that blip could be reflected by water, a hill, building etc. Thats why I said it is circumstantial

great question though

it's illegal to have sex with a 17 yr old.

Age 16 is the cut off in Washington state.

"A person is guilty of rape of a child in the third degree when the person has sexual intercourse with another who is at least fourteen years old but less than sixteen years old and not married to the perpetrator and the perpetrator is at least forty-eight months older than the victim." RCW 9A.44.079

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member