WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really, really hope that in her hurry to leave, she grabbed clothes, shoes, wine, didn't pack it, and just piled it in the back of the van. When high tide came in, it probably washed some of the stuff out of the van.

This case, along with the Mackenzie Cowell case, is such a mystery! I'm addicted to reading news on both, and really appreciate all of you who are keeping up with it and posting it here.

:shamrock:

IMO, When she bought that large bottle of wine, she meant to get drunk.
She bought that at 8pm and if she drank half by 10pm she was toasted. I just do not understand, why no one noticed.

I think she was buzzed up and thought it funny to go down that road towards the beach. When she got stuck and couldn't get out, that made for more fun.

She could have said, well we are stuck here on this beautiful beach, I think I will go swimming. This is just way to sad!

Maybe I am an unhappy drunk, but if that happened to me, i'd probably get out and walk off pissed and in a hurry before the cops showed up to give me a DUI

Reportedly the waitress at the corndog stop thought she was drunk and she fell in the parking lot at that stop. The pizza people stop have said she appeared to have been crying. The son tells the corndog stop people that she hit her head, tells the pizza people she hurt her knee.

What time was the wine purchase? I'm getting a bit confused as those two must have been on every surveillance video in Olympia.

I can't tell what it is (damn these old eyes) but it's a jug with a handle. Do they have corks?

In my opinion I doubt it would have a cork, more like a screw type cap.

What time was the wine purchase? I'm getting a bit confused as those two must have been on every surveillance video in Olympia.

If I am keeping her overlapping and backtracking route the wine is at the Handy Pantry stop just before 8, then she is at the Safeway minimart ten minutes later, then she is at the corn dog stop just before 10, and then at the pizza peoples shortly after that.

I think the assumption was that she was in the water shortly after that, but now there is a report of commotion at 1am.

If I am keeping her overlapping and backtracking route the wine is at the Handy Pantry stop just before 8, then she is at the Safeway minimart ten minutes later, then she is at the corn dog stop just before 10, and then at the pizza peoples shortly after that.

I think the assumption was that she was in the water shortly after that, but now there is a report of commotion at 1am.

Which would have been about the time RS hit town (allegedly with step-father).

This whole damn thing is hinky, IMO.

I'm not sure what SS was doing, but she sure as hell wasn't "lost".

So the corked half-bottle matches.... what?

Maybe more poor wording by the press?
Press told a half bottle of wine was floating in the water.
The reporter not being a screwtop wine drinker just says corked?

One of the articles today said the vehicle was submerged in a pond.
I know reporters rush to get the details out first, but I really would frequent a site that was known for being a bit slower but actually fact checked.

I can't tell what it is (damn these old eyes) but it's a jug with a handle. Do they have corks?

I believe those are the metal twist off ones. I'm sure she had been drinking well before she bought it. I'd need to look over the time lines, but did she buy this wine before or after the corn dog incident?

The bottle in the water could have easily been hers too. She could have stopped at other places that the police don't know about.

Someone could have even thrown that stuff in the water there to make it look like it was related to her. Interesting how it happened the day after they called off the search.

Which would have been about the time RS hit town (allegedly with step-father).

This whole damn thing is hinky, IMO.

I'm not sure what SS was doing, but she sure as hell wasn't "lost".

Either that or her final destination was not the step fathers in Castle Rock.
The map reading at every location just makes me think she was not asking about how to get to I5. She had to have been looking for something more obscure.....

Did she have no intention of the fiance being at the stepfamilies? And once she found out he was going there her plan came apart and she started drinking?

Some do, some don't.

"Corked bottle" could have not meant "corked" in the literal sense of having a cork, but rather "sealed." The word can mean both:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/corked

I understand that . Some articles have said "corked", this one says "capped":

Police on Wednesday confirmed to KIRO 7 that a wine bottle like the one Smiley purchased was found washed up on the beach overnight. It was capped, unbroken and half empty.

I wonder how she could drink out of that large jug of wine and drive with out any one noticing. Maybe she had a glass or coffee mug in the van.

I believe those are the metal twist off ones. I'm sure she had been drinking well before she bought it. I'd need to look over the time lines, but did she buy this wine before or after the corn dog incident?

The bottle in the water could have easily been hers too. She could have stopped at other places that the police don't know about.

Someone could have even thrown that stuff in the water there to make it look like it was related to her. Interesting how it happened the day after they called off the search.

Yep...

Doesn't she buy it with a credit card too? I think I see the clerk swiping the credit card.

And I take back my earlier comment about "could half a bottle of wine do that?" I was imagining the .75L bottles, that looks like a JUG - would be = to at least 2 bottles.

I am not sure the laws in WA, but in NY convenience/grocery stores can't sell drinks above a certain alcohol level (the equivalent of beer). So you can't buy regular wine at convenience stores, only the very low-alcohol type.

Just read that you can purchase wine and beer in convenience/grocery stores from 6AM to 2AM 7 days a week. Only spirits (liquor) must be sold in licensed liquor stores and establishments.

Reportedly the waitress at the corndog stop thought she was drunk and she fell in the parking lot at that stop. The pizza people stop have said she appeared to have been crying. The son tells the corndog stop people that she hit her head, tells the pizza people she hurt her knee.

I'm baffled at why the kid was so hungry at the home they stopped at if they had been to all of these food places all night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle