WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
it may not be, but it certainly looks like it could be. it is next to the silver tire gauge, it looks like a piece of cylindrical glass w/ a bowl jutting up and a carburetor at the end. sorrel skye described it best.

I just went to search for pictures of ones they sell online and they look exactly like this glass one. As for the object that looks like copper tubing it could be pipe of some sort too. The crome end piece looks like the mouthpiece off some of the ones I saw. I looked closer at the pic again here and I see where there may be another hole drilled. This so called third hole is seen on certain types of pipes too apparantly. It could be something harmless, but after seeing some more pics and reading descriptions, I don't think so.

ETA: The object might be brass. It is apparantly the metal of choice for this not copper tubing.

116225d1234140059-looking-freebase-pipe-oil-burner-spice-burners.jpg

Here are some pics of crack & crystal meth pipes.

I agree!

Maybe RS has one on his key ring and an extra one. When Shantina borrowed the van from him, he gave her the extra key. It is odd she doesn't have it on a ring of keys with at least her house key. I wonder if she had a ring of keys and they too were left at home, with her cell phone, possibly on purpose? Do we know if she had her own car? Robb owns the van and his motorcycle which he was driving down to Castle Rock.

This is totally interesting that you say this. Now my thought/question is why wouldn't she have her own key for the minivan? They live together, are getting married and his kids even call her mom.

I guess on that note, it read somewhere that she used her credit card for their trip to the gorge in early March...maybe they did keep things separate, but not having a key to the minivan is odd considering they have the kids and activities.

I did read that she has her own car. I don't remember the make.

116225d1234140059-looking-freebase-pipe-oil-burner-spice-burners.jpg

Here are some pics of crack & crystal meth pipes.

Sorrell, since I can't post the link, can you go to smokingpipesmanufacturers.com and also post some of those pics? Particularly the ones with the chrome metal mouthpieces that look suspiciously like the one on the end of the brass object. There are more clear glass tube pipes there too.
Thanks.

I went back through some videos and discovered that at 19:50 (7:50) at the Handy Pantry where she buys the wine, she asks for directions. At that point she also leans against the counter and covers her mouth. It also looks like she gets frustrated and says forget it. (just by her hand action) Watch the very end of the video -- It almost looks as if she hits her son.
http://www.king5.com/video/featured-videos/Watch-Missing-woman-buying-wine-88296007.html

Now 10 minutes later at 8:01 she is at Safeway asking for directions -- again.

http://www.king5.com/video/featured...way-surveillance-video-view-one-88264282.html

Also, how could she find a "Christian" sign in a yard on a dark street when she couldn't even find the I5 signs? I don't believe she was going to Castle Rock. I believe she met someone new online and took off with that person and is very easily swayed to do what someone else wants her to do. This is based on one of her blogs -- she stated that she had just gotten a bike and that RS wanted her to start doing circuits (RS use to do circuits). She also got into photography because RS was into it. She became very involved with Cub Scouts because RS wanted her to. The point I am making is that it seems as if she did not have her own identity and would create an identity based upon who she was with.

Also, on another note someone above posted her ex CW's MS link which I went and checked out. He is the one who may have abused Azriel several years ago according to the CPS reports. Under his books he reads, he states true crime.

Also, why did the step-parent's not know about Azriel's memorial and therefore did not attend? Why wouldn't RS notify them? I also found this today. http://truecrimes.50.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=375&t=2263

And, back to the van -- why did the coloring books and various other items posted above not wash out of the van if the tide was so "ferocious?" The other items showed up a 1/4 mile down the beach IRC. It wasn't the ocean and the weather that night was not bad -- In fact I drove home late that evening from Westport.

I have been observing vans wherever I go (I know obsessive). I am 5'9". Those van's are only about 8" of the ground and if the water was in the van to the seats that is only about 2', plenty of time to be able to make it out. If the water was even higher they would not have been able to open the back hatch with the pressure of the water and why not go out the front doors where the water would not have been as high. I think (and I shudder to think this) that she drugged her son and left him in there sleeping with all the doors open and disappeared with someone.

Also, that contraption next to the tire pressure gauge above looks to me like a crack pipe.

I just went to search for pictures of ones they sell online and they look exactly like this glass one. As for the object that looks like copper tubing it could be pipe of some sort too. The crome end piece looks like the mouthpiece off some of the ones I saw. I looked closer at the pic again here and I see where there may be another hole drilled. This so called third hole is seen on certain types of pipes too apparantly. It could be something harmless, but after seeing some more pics and reading descriptions, I don't think so.

ETA: The object might be brass. It is apparantly the metal of choice for this not copper tubing.

That other object looks brass to me, too. But I have no idea what it is - it might be a nitrous oxide charger. Someone posted earlier that it might be a CO2 charger. I know that some people use N2O for recreational purposes to get high. But IDK if that's what that brass-looking object is. I'm still trying to ID it.

I keep thinking about the possibility of Shantina's loved ones reading these posts and how hurtful it would be.

LE reported what was found in the van and there was no mention of a crack pipe or any other drug paraphernalia. If they wanted to keep that part of the investigation under wraps, they would not release photos of the van contents to the media.

Maybe I am just too sensitive, I don't know

:(

I love websleuths, and everybody on it. However, I really don't understand why we are looking for excuses for this woman. She was an alcoholic, one that had supposedly relapsed. We know she has a history of blackouts, and CPS investigations saying basically that when she was drunk she didn't take good care of him. There was the half bottle of wine that people are saying that she might not have drank, but give an alcoholic a bottle of wine, that she bought, and it was found at the lake. Also, IMO when she is on that video tape at the store, she looks a little happy already to me. And why was she leaning on the counter like that, it didn't look like she was signing a credit card receipt.

Is there any evidence of a car accident? Maybe she did hit her head.....after she was DRUNK. She may have been taking anti anxiety meds so it could have been that the alcohol effect was more intensified. But either way, the theories of stroke and other medical problems just seems like grasping for straws to me. She was an alcoholic that bought wine. That's pretty much explains it. I'm very sorry for her family, and hope that they get the closure they may need so they can grieve and maybe move on.

Bravo! I agree with every word you wrote. I too feel like people are trying to make excuses for SS, and grasping at any far-fetched scenario that might explain her behavior and that dismisses her of any responsibility, i.e., head injury, foul play, a 3rd party being involved, mental illness, etc. I think the head injury is pretty unlikely - there was no real damage to her car other than that scrape from her possibly side swiping that wooden pole on her way down to the beach. Also, I know Olympia and Silverdale are 'small towns' and people are more friendly and trusting, but I feel SS knocking on the Williams' door after dark, barefoot, and expecting them to feed her son was irresponsible and just plain unsafe. Of course, the Williams seem like very good people, but how was she to know that? Because they had a Christian sticker on their car? She was irresponsible and put herself and more importantly her son at unnecessary risk that night, going beyond just her consumption of alcohol. I don't know if SS was that trusting and naive 'normally', or if the alcohol caused her to be too trusting and lose her inhibitions.

IMO, we need to follow the evidence. Past CPS investigations -> charges of neglect -> past history of alcoholism -> fiance claiming a recent relapse -> video of her buying a huge jug of wine -> jug of wine found half empty on beach -> disoriented, unsafe and nonsensical behavior all point to one person being at fault here: an intoxicated SS.

This is just my opinion and I respect everyone's opinion here. With that said, I just can't imagine that the police would release a photo to the media of a crack pipe or any drug paraphernalia to the public without making mention of it being found.

If you compare a crack pipe to a bottle of wine, the crack pipe is a much bigger deal and look at all the hype about the wine.
My my .02 :)

Does anyone know why the step family was not included in the memorial? The step family wasn't told about it and only found out about it by someone posting it on the step mother's FB page.

This is just my opinion and I respect everyone's opinion here. With that said, I just can't imagine that the police would release a photo to the media of a crack pipe or any drug paraphernalia to the public without making mention of it being found.

If you compare a crack pipe to a bottle of wine, the crack pipe is a much bigger deal and look at all the hype about the wine.
My my .02 :)
True, and it would have been easy enough , on top of the CPS and alcoholism talk, to add "police found drug paraphanilia in the vehicle as well". It must not be it, or not definitely. So where does this put us?

Does anyone know why the step family was not included in the memorial? The step family wasn't told about it and only found out about it by someone posting it on the step mother's FB page.

That would be good to know. In any case, it indicates a rift in the family, as many of us have .....That is a good question, thanks for raising it.

I keep thinking about the possibility of Shantina's loved ones reading these posts and how hurtful it would be.

LE reported what was found in the van and there was no mention of a crack pipe or any other drug paraphernalia. If they wanted to keep that part of the investigation under wraps, they would not release photos of the van contents to the media.

Maybe I am just too sensitive, I don't know

:(
I think I and others know what you mean. For my part, I want justice for Shantina and Azriel, if there is any chance someone else is even partly responsible for the way things ended. I think the more information, the better , and I don't think Shantina is being judged in any way. But your sensitivity is very touching and appreciated. :angel:

attachment.php

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22859850/detail.html

This is the pic being discussed, bronze cylinder, by lighter.

I was just watching this video again. When they say car keys as they are showing the 1 key on the table. It makes me think there were never any other keys with the van except for this one.

So, the regular keys, purse and overnight bag were not recovered.

If she did only have the one key RS loaned her, then she must have had her keys in her purse (it was confirmed she took her purse and the overnight bag).

That would be good to know. In any case, it indicates a rift in the family, as many of us have .....That is a good question, thanks for raising it.

"Candy... Tell what you know about Shantina and Azriel before its to late !!

Can you live with yourself the rest of your life if you don't tell what you know ?

Hasn't there been enough pain already ?

You have to tell the truth no matter what if for no other reason than for Azriel !!"

posted this a few posts back with some other info.

"Candy... Tell what you know about Shantina and Azriel before its to late !!

Can you live with yourself the rest of your life if you don't tell what you know ?

Hasn't there been enough pain already ?

You have to tell the truth no matter what if for no other reason than for Azriel !!"

posted this a few posts back with some other info.

Right, thanks, I recall it, and was grateful to you and thanked you on it, but wonder what it could mean? Perhaps that Shantina was being harassed? (Happens big time in my family) Do not want to judge where I do not know the people, but sounds like conflict, the nature of which we simply do not know......

It looks like a crack pipe to me. But the picture is kind of blurry.
Also, if it washed ashore - it may not be hers. Just a coincidence perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173