NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
New leads in seach for Steven Koecher

Original.jpg

Steven's Father, Rolf Koecher, told ABC 4 that crime scene investigators were called in, but they couldn't determine whether or not they were human remains.

The bones were taken to Clark County Coroner's Office for further tests.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...or-Steven-Koecher/TZCiDFTSYE2nP5k9f99GpQ.cspx

Thank you for the welcome pauline and lato has just posted what i was going to ..so thank you lato
I had suicidal thoughts when first taking my meds but i was so out of it and just wanted to die that planning to kill myself would of not haven been possible because of how the meds was making me feel (couldnt think straight) ..and also driving wouldnt of been possible well not the lenth steven did....I am not saying all meds are the same as they are not but i am just stating my experence...Also like i said i was so nervous and shaky that i stuttered when speaking and couldnt even answer a phone.

On Google maps type: Savannah Springs Ave., Henderson, NV

You'll see that he had to come off Anthem Pkwy. turn onto Laurel Heights, then turn onto Savannah Springs Ave. He then drove to the end of the road & parked & walked back the way he'd just come. There were many turn-offs on Anthem before he reached Laurel Heights -- He could have picked any of them to turn off and run off into the desert.

What's so special about where he parked? Here he was, stuck in the middle of suburbia with house in all directions. He's got quite a walk to get out of there. Had he reached Anthem Pkwy. he'd probably have been noticed because it goes on and on.

It doesn't look to me that he walked out of there.

Oh and before i started taking my meds i put on a brave face because i could...but the meds i was on made me so bad i couldnt even get out of bed because i was scared of what i might do to myself and say to my family...so it wasnt long before they guessed about my depression....luckly once the meds had kicked in i was fine

I didn't explain my point very clearly. I agree about any of those options and reasons. My point was that the easiest way to get to that cul-de-sac is just turning left off Laurel Heights onto Savannah Springs and driving to the end.

There's no reason to follow Laurel Heights to Portsmouth and back down Evening Lights to the cul de sac unless you WANTED to go past the address on one of those streets.

If he had driven straight in on Savannah Springs, there wouldn't be any association with Evening Lights at all.
Before I had GPS in my car, if I were in an area I didn't know well, I'd take the same route I had taken when someone was in the car with me or I followed them there, even if there was a much shorter route. I often don't bother to study the map until later, when the route seems reasonable enough.

Like many here, I'm also beginning to doubt that Steven committed suicide, for many of the same reasons that others have mentioned. Also, when I watch that video of him walking, I don't know, he just looks so...normal, carefree, I guess. That said, I have no idea what a person on their way to commit suicide would look like necessarily, but I would think Steven would have his head down, be walking a bit more slowly. The video really makes it seem like he is on his way to someplace he has been before, like what he is doing is routine, or certainly nothing particularly exciting or dangerous.

Yes, it's pointing more and more toward foul play. I just can't think of any scenario that makes sense. Why would someone want to lure Steven somewhere and hurt him? He had no money, nothing to steal. If it was someone who just wanted to kill another person 'for kicks', or to see if they could get away with it, you'd think they'd lure/choose a runaway, a prostitute, homeless, in other words, someone who would be less likely to be missed - not a clean-cut Mormon young man with tons of family and friends in the area. The only scenario I can think of that makes sense is if Steven did meet someone in SCA, and then he and that person either remained in SCA or went elsewhere in that person's car, and that although that person didn't have nefarious intentions, perhaps he had hired Steven to help with a job of some kind, Steven had an accident or they had a fight and Steven was killed, and for whatever reason instead of getting the police/hospital involved they just decided to dump Steven's body or bury him. But even that scenario has tons of holes in it.

I'm curious - to those who think he met with foul play - do you have a specific theory in mind as to what happened, something more specific than he was 'lured'? i.e., why? by whom?

I'd expect that to happen with, say, a kid in college. If somebody called me about my grown son's rent, I would say, "Excuse me, I think you're talking to the wrong person. This is not my problem." (Note that this is not necessarily what I would say to my son if he came to me himself.) I don't mean it's sinister or anything, it just seems somewhat anomalous, and when somebody goes missing, the anomalous things attract attention.

Hm, unless his parents had provided a financial reference or something. That might explain it.

Hypothetically, if a prospective renter came to me and didn't have an employer I would ask him to name someone who could be a financial reference or backup rent payer. Perhaps that is what he parents agreed to.

Poor guy.

Unless she had some time off from work in SLC, she'd have had to drive hundreds of miles for that meeting. In mid-week. Doesn't make a lot of sense, does it?

Was it a meeting, or did he just "expect" her to be there for some reason? There must have been some sort of communication. MAYBE he wanted to come see her in SLC, and she told him that she was going to RV - not expecting him to show up there?

I wonder if the reason he went through SLC both directions, is because he was trying to link up with her.

This is why this case is so difficult for everyone. You have a young man whose entire life is in desperation (work, love) and he just turned 30.
Yet, there must be some signs he got involved with someone he shouldn't have.

laytonian, I can't help but wonder if this event was the catalyst for "something"..for what, I have no clue. Without knowing his true state of mind at that point in time, who knows? I can tell you this though..as I said earlier, I do suffer from depression almost like PTSD for reasons to long to go into here and my family knows that I take an antidepressant but that's about it. I tell them nothing because I don't want my grown kids to worry and my mom and sis would never understand (even if they cared). I do withdraw and I wonder if that's what Steven was doing when he moved to St George? It's just easier when you don't have to put on that brave, fake, face everyday. It's funny, I can put pretty much all my 'issues' out there when I'm here @ WS, but don't talk to a soul about them in real life. I've never been suicidal though, but I attribute a great deal of that to having children and grandchildren that I love with all my heart and soul. Without them...who knows?

Didn't mean to ramble, for so long I hoped Steven was hiding out somewhere, but hearing more I'm not feeling so confident...

As a formerly depressed and suicidal person who could be sent spiraling downward by incidents that any outsider would have said were trivial, I have to say that I would not find it in the least little bit odd. In fact, in many ways it seems like the most obvious explanation.

It is entirely possible to put on a happy face for people you know when you're black as the depths of hell inside. Often the people you're closest to are the ones who have the least clue.

It is entirely possible to feel perfectly normal and happy at 10am and plunge into despair shortly after noon.

Some antidepressant medications have a known side effect of producing or increasing suicidal thoughts. I haven't personally encountered this but we can't rule it out, either.

bbm~
Amen carbuff! Truer words were never spoken. My family has always just thought I was quirky and I am, lol!.. but it goes a whole lot deeper than any of them know or ever will know.

Like many here, I'm also beginning to doubt that Steven committed suicide, for many of the same reasons that others have mentioned. Also, when I watch that video of him walking, I don't know, he just looks so...normal, carefree, I guess. That said, I have no idea what a person on their way to commit suicide would look like necessarily, but I would think Steven would have his head down, be walking a bit more slowly. The video really makes it seem like he is on his way to someplace he has been before, like what he is doing is routine, or certainly nothing particularly exciting or dangerous.

Yes, it's pointing more and more toward foul play. I just can't think of any scenario that makes sense. Why would someone want to lure Steven somewhere and hurt him? He had no money, nothing to steal. If it was someone who just wanted to kill another person 'for kicks', or to see if they could get away with it, you'd think they'd lure/choose a runaway, a prostitute, homeless, in other words, someone who would be less likely to be missed - not a clean-cut Mormon young man with tons of family and friends in the area. The only scenario I can think of that makes sense is if Steven did meet someone in SCA, and then he and that person either remained in SCA or went elsewhere in that person's car, and that although that person didn't have nefarious intentions, perhaps he had hired Steven to help with a job of some kind, Steven had an accident or they had a fight and Steven was killed, and for whatever reason instead of getting the police/hospital involved they just decided to dump Steven's body or bury him. But even that scenario has tons of holes in it.

I'm curious - to those who think he met with foul play - do you have a specific theory in mind as to what happened, something more specific than he was 'lured'? i.e., why? by whom?

Steven was desperate for $$$. He was behind on his rent. He was passing out fliers for washing windows on Dec.11th. He had no job. I think someone that lives in Anthem promised some kind of employment or at least an opportunity of some kind of job.

Since we don't know who he met on his travels, we can't have a concrete theory. It appears that Steven didn"t share with anyone why he was going to Anthem.

Why was he lured to Anthem? Geez, you'll have to ask criminals why they do what do for that answer.

I think he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. steven doesnt strike me as sneaky person who was doing something he shouldnt...And even if he was planning on meeting someone he would of had to be in contact with that person while traveling? and the way to do that is by txt msg or calling them even emailing them but nothing has shown up ...unless he used public phones ...The phone calls he recived from his freind he said he told him where he was ..did the friend not ask why he was Anthem? or did steven not want to tell him why? ...But i know myself if i was hiding something i wouldnt even of said where i was

The second article shows the discovery of several large bones....

While scouring the desert Saturday for signs of Steven Koecher, a 30-year-old St. George resident who was last seen Dec. 13 in the Sun City Anthem community in Henderson, the group discovered bone fragments, but the group was unable to determine if the bones came from a human or an animal, said Rolph Koecher, Steven’s father.

http://www.thespectrum.com/article/20100411/NEWS05/100411004/Search-for-missing-man-comes-up-empty

As the group of nearly 70 volunteers was concluding their search, they came upon several large bones.
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...or-Steven-Koecher/TZCiDFTSYE2nP5k9f99GpQ.cspx

I wonder how long before they tell if they're human or animal bones? I thought human bones looked entirely different from animal bones. His poor family, they must be in agony waiting, waiting, waiting.

On Google maps type: Savannah Springs Ave., Henderson, NV
If you click on the link in my signature, you'll go to a page that has that map already prepared, with the location of his car *exactly* marked.

You'll see that he had to come off Anthem Pkwy. turn onto Laurel Heights, then turn onto Savannah Springs Ave. He then drove to the end of the road & parked & walked back the way he'd just come. There were many turn-offs on Anthem before he reached Laurel Heights -- He could have picked any of them to turn off and run off into the desert.

What's so special about where he parked?

It's the ONLY cul de sac in the entire area, where you are not parking in front of someone's house.

Look at the map, zoom around. In and out. Look at the entire Anthem area. You'll see why that parking spot's so special: It's the ONLY cul de sac in the entire area, where you are not parking in front of someone's house.

The reason it's that way, is that Laurel Heights is the only way in/out of the Overlook Village neighborhood; the cul de sac has a gate at the end, which would allow cars to enter/exit if Laurel Heights was somehow blocked.

I really believe that IF Steven was sent to SCA, he was told to park exactly there so that his car wouldn't be associated with someone's home.

I'll bet someone has told people to park there before, too.

Hypothetically, if a prospective renter came to me and didn't have an employer I would ask him to name someone who could be a financial reference or backup rent payer. Perhaps that is what he parents agreed to.

Steven DID have an employer when he moved to St George: matchbin.com.

But I'm curious: why wouldn't you just run a credit check?

Just because a renter puts down someone else's name, doesn't mean that other person is responsible for paying the rent. It would have to be a legal document, a kind of co-lessee arrangement.

I can see asking for references, an emergency phone number (especially for a single person). But no one's obligated to pay, unless they co-sign the lease.

I wonder how long before they tell if they're human or animal bones? I thought human bones looked entirely different from animal bones. His poor family, they must be in agony waiting, waiting, waiting.

They were small bones, likely animal (unless broken up).

Look at your body; while small bones are the most common (hands, feet, spine), there's some large parts that would be very recognizable and which would not break down within just 4 months.

If you click on the link in my signature, you'll go to a page that has that map already prepared, with the location of his car *exactly* marked.

I'll bet someone has told people to park there before, too.
BBM
I'd also bet that's why that homeowner installed the security cameras.

BBM
I'd also bet that's why that homeowner installed the security cameras.

Sure would be nice to know if one was pointed west on Savannah Springs ;)

It would be entirely possible from that home, and why not? We know there's CAM3 and CAM7 -- why not CAM1, CAM2, CAM4, CAM5, CAM6?

Sure would be nice to know if one was pointed west on Savannah Springs ;)

It would be entirely possible from that home, and why not? We know there's CAM3 and CAM7 -- why not CAM1, CAM2, CAM4, CAM5, CAM6?

If there is that many cams, that is one paranoid dude.

Hello i am new to this but have been following Stevens case for a while....I see some have mentioned suicide..if this was the case how could his body not have been found by now?...I mean unless he knows an area really well and far from veiw (if he didnt want to be found) it would be very hard....many people that commit suicide because of depression do it on impulse...I myself have suffered from depression and the medication i was on made me more nervous at first so my speach was all over the place and when first taking the meds i had suicidal thoughts but they eased...I just dont think he went out there to kill himself....Also news reports stated small fragments of bone had been found but in the updated report it says large bones have been found?

Large bones?

Which newspaper did you read that in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members