Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that same story somewhere else (I'll try to find) I could swear it send we arent' fixing to make an arrest anytime soon think this might have gotten chopped up.

Me too :( IMO, LE released the info on having POI's to turn up the heat. Hopefully it works! Or perhaps, LE made the statement "we're not fixing to make an arrest" so some would let their guard down and slip up somehow?

It's not uncommon for LE to make misleading statements to the media. They use this as a tool in their investigations. For example, I've seen many cases over the years where LE says they have no POI, and then poof a few days later an arrest is made.

I guess my point is, I'm not ready to give up on this angle yet. There's a method to this madness, just wish we could make sense of it now!

IMO if PB was scared enough to run straight into the hands of a lawyer, he was scared enough to be mixed up on the exact times anything occurred but maybe was grasping at straws to come up with some times and once he and his lawyer state those times, they stick by them.

Well, ALL of the NY 'friends' had a TON of time to think about what to say to LE and their lawyers during that ride home.

Can someone tell me if it was ever explained why DD asked the family friend to drive down to file the police report? Why wouldn't one of the girls have done that...as they would have been right there and could have gotten to the police dept FAR sooner. What were they ALL doing betweeb the 9:16 text with the boyfriend and the 4:30ish AM police report filing? Does anyone know?
I wonder why DD wouldn't have just asked JO to go to the PD to file the report. SOOO many hours that Brittanee had to be alone with these monsters before anyone even bothered looking for her.

Well, ALL of the NY 'friends' had a TON of time to think about what to say to LE and their lawyers during that ride home.

Can someone tell me if it was ever explained why DD asked the family friend to drive down to file the police report? Why wouldn't one of the girls have done that...as they would have been right there and could have gotten to the police dept FAR sooner. What were they ALL doing betweeb the 9:16 text with the boyfriend and the 4:30ish AM police report filing? Does anyone know?
I wonder why DD wouldn't have just asked JO to go to the PD to file the report. SOOO many hours that Brittanee had to be alone with these monsters before anyone even bothered looking for her.

Because the "girls" weren't answering their phones when DD called them...

And secondly...I'm guessing they didn't want to align with potential trouble...

ETA:
Removed, removed, removed - IMHO - that's all these folks did was to remove themselves far away from the situation at hand. One set flies the coop and another set stays away from their hotel room...

Oh, that's right....weren't some of them...JO and the other roommates....supposedly 'looking for her' during that time? Sorry, MB for repeating questions, but what was the story about the pier...were they looking for her near the pier, or were they at the pier and didn't have a signal when DD tried to contact them?? I just can't remember.
Is there any timeline for this case in the threads? I know times are off with DST clocks, but I'm just looking for a list of what we know happened. I would love to have a side by side timeline of where BD/her phone, where JO, PB, and everyone else was at those same times.

Oh, that's right....weren't some of them...JO and the other roommates....supposedly 'looking for her' during that time? Sorry, MB for repeating questions, but what was the story about the pier...were they looking for her near the pier, or were they at the pier and didn't have a signal when DD tried to contact them?? I just can't remember.
Is there any timeline for this case in the threads? I know times are off with DST clocks, but I'm just looking for a list of what we know happened. I would love to have a side by side timeline of where BD/her phone, where JO, PB, and everyone else was at those same times.

Krista - all questions are good! So no problem and no need to apologize! :dance:

My understanding was that none of them ever looked for BD but that they did stay a day longer than planned (didn't start back for ROC until Monday). I'm not sure about the pier - I haven't personally heard anything about that.

I know that they changed hotels on Sun. morning from the BH to the Boardwalk (where they had stayed that Sat. night - instead of returning to the BH - for whatever reason).

I will put up my time lines again if everyone would like. If you all think it will be of help - and I'm always open to corrections/deletions/additions!

Good questions, the question was asked what was JO doing during the time Brittanee went missing. She said she had to go to the police station to attend to her boyfriend. However, NO such police report exist of her boyfriend being brought in....

~ 2:00 PM 4/25 - DD talks to BD regarding soccer items (PER DD IN ARTICLES/INTERVIEWS)

~(I don't know exactly where to throw this in - since times may be off - 20:15 {8:15} PM 4/25 - BD IS CAPTURED ON OB STREET CAM WALKING TO BWR)

~ 7:55 (8:55 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD is entering BWR (PER TIMESTAMP ON BWR VID)

~ Approx. 8:00 PM 4/25 - JH has some kind of phone contact with BD (PER ARTICLES)

~ Approx. 8:00 PM 4/25 - JG (her BF) phone contact with Britt (PER ARTICLES)

~ By 8:00 (9:00 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD is in PB's room (#601) at the BWR

(~ 8:00 PM 4/25 - Pretty much dark - minimal lighting from sky)

~ 8:00-8:10? (or could this be 9:00-9:10 - DST) PM 4/25 - Call to BD in PB's room from JO about shorts

~ 8:13 (9:13 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD is leaving BWR

~ 8:13 to 8:20 (9:13 to 9:20 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD goes missing (per 7 minute statement by LE) & doesn't make it to the first street cam she should have been picked up on.

~ ?8:45? PM 4/25 - JO receives text from BD stating she is on her way back to their hotel

(WHERE WAS JO WHEN THIS TEXT WAS MADE? WAS JO STILL ON THIS ALLEGED 'EMERGENCY' WITH UO & VN OR HAD THEY ALREADY MADE IT TO THE BOARDWALK? - BUT THIS TEXT - DID IT ACTUALLY HAPPEN OR NOT - IT KIND OF THROWS A MONKEY WRENCH INTO THE TIMELINE - WHETHER TIMES ARE CORRECT OR NOT)

~ 9:15 PM 4/25 - BD texts her bf JG (PER TVM'S FB PAGE FOR BD)

~ 9:16 PM 4/25 - JG texts back and no further contact from BD (PER TVM'S FB PAGE FOR BD)

~ 9:30 PM 4/25 - JG informs DD that BD is missing (FROM VARIOUS NEWS REPORTS/INTERVIEWS)

~ 11:00/Midnight PM 4/25 - Tower ping from cell phone (VARIOUS NEWS REPORTS)

~ 1:00-2:00 AM 4/26 - PB & crew leave MB for home (PER PB & VARIOUS NEWS REPORTS)

~ 1 AM? to 5 AM? 4/26 - Cell phone continues to ping tower until it dies or is broken... (PER VARIOUS NEWS REPORTS)

~ 4:50 AM 4/26 - JH reports BD missing to MBPD

~ 4:50 - 5:54 AM 4/26 - Entry gained into room #305 at BH no one present in the room (PER MBPD REPORT)

~ 11:00(?) AM 4/26 - JO, AL & PO check out of BH & move to the Boardwalk (POSSIBLY room #1435) THIS WAS THE ROOM # LISTED ON ONE OF THE MBPD REPORTS AND GAVE OCCUPANTS NAME AS NC.

~ 2:00 PM 4/25 - DD talks to BD regarding soccer items (PER DD IN ARTICLES/INTERVIEWS)

~(I don't know exactly where to throw this in - since times may be off - 20:15 {8:15} PM 4/25 - BD IS CAPTURED ON OB STREET CAM WALKING TO BWR)

~ 7:55 (8:55 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD is entering BWR (PER TIMESTAMP ON BWR VID)

~ Approx. 8:00 PM 4/25 - JH has some kind of phone contact with BD (PER ARTICLES)

~ Approx. 8:00 PM 4/25 - JG (her BF) phone contact with Britt (PER ARTICLES)

~ By 8:00 (9:00 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD is in PB's room (#601) at the BWR

(~ 8:00 PM 4/25 - Pretty much dark - minimal lighting from sky)

~ 8:00-8:10? (or could this be 9:00-9:10 - DST) PM 4/25 - Call to BD in PB's room from JO about shorts

~ 8:13 to 8:20 (9:13 to 9:20 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD goes missing (per 7 minute statement by LE) & doesn't make it to the first street cam she should have been picked up on.

~ ?8:45? PM 4/25 - JO receives text from BD stating she is on her way back to their hotel

(WHERE WAS JO WHEN THIS TEXT WAS MADE? WAS JO STILL ON THIS ALLEGED 'EMERGENCY' WITH UO & VN OR HAD THEY ALREADY MADE IT TO THE BOARDWALK? - BUT THIS TEXT - DID IT ACTUALLY HAPPEN OR NOT - IT KIND OF THROWS A MONKEY WRENCH INTO THE TIMELINE - WHETHER TIMES ARE CORRECT OR NOT)

~ 9:16 PM 4/25 - JG texts back and no further contact from BD (PER TVM'S FB PAGE FOR BD)

~ 9:30 PM 4/25 - JG informs DD that BD is missing (FROM VARIOUS NEWS REPORTS/INTERVIEWS)

~ 11:00/Midnight PM 4/25 - Tower ping from cell phone (VARIOUS NEWS REPORTS)

~ 1:00-2:00 AM 4/26 - PB & crew leave MB for home (PER PB & VARIOUS NEWS REPORTS)

~ 1 AM? to 5 AM? 4/26 - Cell phone continues to ping tower until it dies or is broken... (PER VARIOUS NEWS REPORTS)

~ 4:50 AM 4/26 - JH reports BD missing to MBPD

~ 4:50 - 5:54 AM 4/26 - Entry gained into room #305 at BH no one present in the room (PER MBPD REPORT)

~ 11:00(?) AM 4/26 - JO, AL & PO check out of BH & move to the Boardwalk (POSSIBLY room #1435) THIS WAS THE ROOM # LISTED ON ONE OF THE MBPD REPORTS AND GAVE OCCUPANTS NAME AS NC.

If anyone has a lot of patience could they fill me in on the initials as I followed this case for a long time but am new to WebSleuth? I would appreciate it...I only know BD is Brittannee...Thanks in advance....

If anyone has a lot of patience could they fill me in on the initials as I followed this case for a long time but am new to WebSleuth? I would appreciate it...I only know BD is Brittannee...Thanks in advance....

Sent to you since we can't mention full names! Any questions just let me know!

One thing I think there is some misconception of

The Boardwalk is a hotel in North MB - it is not a boardwalk (like what has just been rebuilt and expanded in MB)

The Boardwalk Hotel is located about 1 or 1 1/2 miles North of the BH (Bar Harbor)

ETA: The Blue Water Resort is approx 1.2 miles South of BH

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20090429/NEWS01/904290342/1002/NEWS
"Oberer said she last heard from Drexel, via text, about 8:45 p.m. In that message, Drexel told Oberer that she was on her way back to the motel"
(Brittanee was ONE MILE AWAY and was headed back because JO wanted her 'shorts').
"Later, around 2 or 2:30 a.m. Sunday after she didn't return phone calls or text messages, her friends grew concerned, said Jenn Oberer, 20, of Chili, who traveled to South Carolina with Drexel last week."

It's always bothered me that the friends didn't stay around for the shorts...the ENTIRE reason Brittanee was returning back to the hotel. Why get furious at her over the shorts, then decide not to wear them? I think this always was a jealousy issue. It also bothers me that they didn't 'grow concerned' enough to do anything about it until 2 am.....more than FIVE HOURS after Brittanee had said she was on her way to their hotel, a mile away.

Wow....if that timeline is correct...and I believe it is, then SOMEONE is obviously lying. If she is on video leaving BWR at 8:13 and texts JO at 8:45 saying she's on her way, then she should have been WAY closer to getting to the BH. Why would it take her 30 minutes to walk a mile?? I know she had crocks on, right?? But still...30 minutes?? I now agree with you that I think the timestamps were correct without the DST adjustment. I would assume that if JO was found to be lying about her last texts to and from BD, LE would have said something....she would be more of a suspect.
Especially since JO wanted her shorts...and sounded mad according to PB, I would think BD wouldn't hang around or change course without letting JO know....and I just can't figure out why it would take her so long to get back to the hotel. I just wonder if she wasn't out of camera range on the way back, and made it farther than we think. I wonder if JO and friends picked her up in an angry rage.....I wonder why they were unable to be reached for HOURS at just the right time. God I'd love to see JO's phone records for that night.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20090429/NEWS01/904290342/1002/NEWS
"Oberer said she last heard from Drexel, via text, about 8:45 p.m. In that message, Drexel told Oberer that she was on her way back to the motel"
(Brittanee was ONE MILE AWAY and was headed back because JO wanted her 'shorts').
"Later, around 2 or 2:30 a.m. Sunday after she didn't return phone calls or text messages, her friends grew concerned, said Jenn Oberer, 20, of Chili, who traveled to South Carolina with Drexel last week."

It's always bothered me that the friends didn't stay around for the shorts...the ENTIRE reason Brittanee was returning back to the hotel. Why get furious at her over the shorts, then decide not to wear them? I think this always was a jealousy issue. It also bothers me that they didn't 'grow concerned' enough to do anything about it until 2 am.....more than FIVE HOURS after Brittanee had said she was on her way to their hotel, a mile away.

Hi Krista

That text of 8:45 to JO has been disputed (Please see former post I made earlier today: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC-Brittanee Drexel 17, Msg 04/25/09, Myrtle Beach thread #8)

Respectfully snipped:

Wow....if that timeline is correct...and I believe it is, then SOMEONE is obviously lying. If she is on video leaving BWR at 8:13 and texts JO at 8:45 saying she's on her way, then she should have been WAY closer to getting to the BH. Why would it take her 30 minutes to walk a mile?? I know she had crocks on, right??

Yes - someone, somewhere along the line is lying.

This is one reason the 8:45 text is really out of place - it doesn't fit in with either of the timelines.

If the early timeline is correct and she left at 8:13 and went missing within 7 minutes (by 8:20) and she was actually abducted/taken against her will - then in all probability she wouldn't be texting JO or JG or anyone else.

If Britt didn't reach BWR until 8:55 (adjusted time) - then she wouldn't have texted JO that she was on her way back...or going to another hotel or whatever the alleged text was about.

Also BD had on white flip flops. They can be seen in the pics of her entering and exiting the BWR.

This is the camera believed to be at the Quality Inn? Does anyone know that for sure?

is this our marine friend in NC? if so, i overlooked this...

So this leaves us two possible time frames - from the time she walked out the door to the time her texts ceased - is it 2-3 minutes? or 1hr2mins?

Here is a couple articles with times mentioned (this took me a while - my eyes hurt)

"Anyone with pictures or videos from 11 South and 20 Ocean Blvd. between 8:45 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. on April 25, is urged to contact police"
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/05/07/earlyshow/main4998169.shtml

"Brittanee's friends, who were staying with her, said the last time they saw her was around 8 p.m. on that Saturday evening."
-AND-
"Surveillance video captured her entering the resort and then leaving sometime after 8:30 p.m"
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=65194&refresh=1

I know someone posted a while back where all of the street cams were on OB...can't remember if it was on WS or FB or where exactly.

My understanding was that this street cam she was captured on was 7 blocks away (north) from BWR. So I'm guessing we could take the BWR address and back up 7 blocks on the google walk and have an approximate location?

MBLover, I am 99% certain the ONLY camera that captured her walking the boulevard was the one at the Quality Inn at the corner of 11th Ave South and Ocean Blvd, besides the lobby cam of BW.

BTW, I was incorrect yesterday when I posted it was a Super 8; verified when I went to the Google Street View, unless of course it was a Super 8 on that date and somehow changed ownership to a QI by the time that Google Street View was recorded. I think I just had it confused only remembering it was a 'chain' hotel cam and not one of the bigger resort cameras.

I know someone posted a while back where all of the street cams were on OB...can't remember if it was on WS or FB or where exactly.

My understanding was that this street cam she was captured on was 7 blocks away (north) from BWR. So I'm guessing we could take the BWR address and back up 7 blocks on the google walk and have an approximate location?

Oh, I posted the map in this thread. Let me go see if I can find it.

Here ya go.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC-Brittanee Drexel 17, Msg 04/25/09, Myrtle Beach thread #8

When you click that Google map link, just give it a few seconds and it will put you in the street view, exactly wehre she was walking, and then you can turn/rotate with the arrows, or move north or south. South will be heading towards BW Resort.

rd, I could totally see them coordinating efforts. Teenage girls can be nasty, nasty, nasty. Esp when there are boys involved. She was the young chick, maybe getting too much attention, or being a drag to them. I could totally see them setting up something, possibly thinking it was "innocent" just to piss BD off or to see her running back and forth just for the sake of it. Not to mention the nasty crap they were saying on FB when they got back. And PB not being a "babysitter" ? I mean everything we've seen, these are NOT nice kids, so I could totally see it.

As a parent of girls that has been around their "frenemies" I 150% agree with the above. Boys fight, punch each other and get it over with. Girls plot wicked scenarios upon each other and cause ongoing headaches by backstabbing, bickering and facebook stalking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500