"Second Motion To Preclude Death Procedures for Impermissable Prosecutorial Motives"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but AL is simply showboating for a greater purpose-politics, another printing of her book or another case (cough Drew Peterson) that she is angling for....keep it going, AL.

Perhaps they are all paid by the word or motion filed?

The defense team is as unreal as Kronk playing Joy World of WrayCraft online.

We are talking out of both sides of our mouths here...defendant is indigent and defendant was targeted to bleed the money she made off of her dead child, sorry kidnapped child, actually dead child...yeah. Pretty funny.

Andrea Lyon's only concern is making sure the death penalty not imposed. She is not concerned with KC's guilt or innocence. I don't know if it would work but if the SA has a heads up that there is an imminent full court press to get the DP off the table it may open dialog again for some plea of some sort.

KC can hold her ground...that is her choice...but her attorney has to give her options to consider.

I also think that this is another part of the defense teams push to find out EVERYTHING the SA has against their client. They need it all in order to plan their next move. It's a game of chicken IMO.

Could you clarify a bit more? Because to me it makes sense that initially there was no DP on the table, then it was put on when evidence on Caylee's body appeared to be from a felony manslaughter or death of a child under 12? Doesn't that charge alone qualify for the DP?

I know all this legal dickering is necessary, but I'm getting extremely bored with all the stuff that tries to take our attention away from the bare facts of this case - that a young child died and apparently died horribly at the hands of her mother.

This was Mr Mason's 1st home run. Don't be surprised if KC does walk out of jail a free woman before too long. MR Mason doesn't have time to waste. He wants to retire in a blaze of glory. MOO!

ETA...Obviously NOT the result I am hoping for!

This was not a home run. The DP is not off the table. So far, all he's done is point.

Andrea Lyon's only concern is making sure the death penalty not imposed. She is not concerned with KC's guilt or innocence. I don't know if it would work but if the SA has a heads up that there is an imminent full court press to get the DP off the table it may open dialog again for some plea of some sort.

KC can hold her ground...that is her choice...but her attorney has to give her options to consider.

I also think that this is another part of the defense teams push to find out EVERYTHING the SA has against their client. They need it all in order to plan their next move. It's a game of chicken IMO.
I think THAT is part of the problem and where ALL of KC's money went, Andrea Lyons ONLY concern is getting the death penalty off the table. She has an underlying agenda, reference her BOOK Angel on Death Row that came out, coincidentally, at about the same time she took this case. Isn't that ironic? I believe Ms. Lyons agenda, which ultimately I believe is to have the death penalty abolished and declared unconstitutional, costs WAY more than your average run of the mill death penalty case. She is turning this into an abolish the death penalty issue, when she needs instead to concentrate on saving this ONE single person, and giving KC her undivided attention. Her AGENDA concerning the death penalty as a whole, is interfering with her work on THIS case as a defense attorney. She needs to concentrate on KC here, instead of trying to make it about the unconstitutionality of the death penalty itself. The AGENDA underlying everything for her is driving this train...and it might be good if she got off the train if she cannot devote her energy to defending her client instead of seeking after her agenda.

This was not a home run. The DP is not off the table. So far, all he's done is point.
And there is absolutely no reason to remove the DP at this point. The body has been recovered, they know who the killer is, even if Casey were to confess at this point (which she never will), there is nothing to gain by removing the DP. There is no bargaining chip! There will be NO plea deal,:banghead: it's a moot point people!

So would AL be off the case if they dropped the DP and went for LWOP?

(I'm not saying that that's what I want... I'm just curious as to whether or not she's just got her face in the spotlight for her own political agenda...)

ETA: IMO.. KC was indigent way before any of this mess started.. She didn't have a job, was stealing money from her grandparents and friends, and "lived at home". She didn't buy food for her baby, or clothes, or whatever else... others bought those things.

I am a dunce can someone please tell me what JAC is?!

The Justice Administrative Commission

http://www.oppaga.state.fl.us/profiles/1022/

I wish I could find the quote from the JAC administrator that I ran across this weekend. I did a quick search (with no luck), but will continue to look. The statement made it clear that the $275,000 (the figure JAC quoted) had still not been accounted for and basically said that that was plenty of money for a very nice beginning. They wanted to see where that money had been spent to date.

I'll be the first to say that my search engine skills are sorely lacking compared to many other posters here. Gonna keep trying to find it though.

I will be honest and say that I am not going to read this article and I am not even going to read the thread. Since when has KC been deprived of her counsel of choice. She has had more high profile attorneys than any defendant I have ever seen! This just gets more ridiculous every day.

ITA with every word. I scroll through the news now and through the comments. I'd love to hear the excuse from the newest attorney advited on board who willingly came on pro-bono during the indigency hearing. I'm physically nauseated by this case and the players.

Angelmom, I meant that getting Judge S off this case was what Mr Mason considered a victory ie his first home run. But I sure hope pointing is all he gets to do for the rest of the game. Wouldn't want Mr Mason to have too much fun.

ETA: IMO.. KC was indigent way before any of this mess started.. She didn't have a job, was stealing money from her grandparents and friends, and "lived at home". She didn't buy food for her baby, or clothes, or whatever else... others bought those things.
Exactly! She should have been appointed a public defender. The only reason she got Jose Baez is because she sold pictures of her victim.:sick::sick::sick:

As of 10:37 AM these new motions had NOT been filed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is evident that the defense is feeding them to the news before filing. Not just unprofessional IMO but unconscionable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time for the defense team to comment on this.

Self-aggrandizing media hounds. Indeed. The irony is rich. :)

Seriously, this is disgusting and makes a total mockery of the justice system.

Judge Perry strikes me as the type to impose a gag order and not give a damn how much they protest.

Not a home run? This isn't even the ballgame yet... :)

Actually, the State and defence aren't even plying in the same league. PeeWee vs the pros IMO.
I wonder if whatever university AL teaches at has cut her off from abusing students to do her pro-bono dirty work.

I'm no lawywer, but I don't see how this motion would stand up - I see no way that the constution protects your right to "select" a counsel if you can afford it, just right to counsel. The law was designed to protect those who can't afford counsel, not the other way around (regardless of whether KC can afford the rediculously excessive team she has now.

Mr Mason's next target is the death penalty. He wants that gone. Next he will aim at even more reduced charges. He wants time served. He wants KC to walk as a misunderstood victim. And he wants to walk beside her as the man who did the inpossible. A lot more people and their reps are gonna get trashed as he accomplishes this (ie LE, witnesses, lab techs).

Mr Mason reminds me of the late Micky Mantle who used to stride to the plate and point to where he was gonna send the ball. There were many writings stating that Mr Mantle was not a nice man, not very likeable. Some have said the same about Mr Mason. I don't know enough information to comment on either. They may both be saints. What scares me is the fact that Mantle often used to put that dam# ball right where he pointed.

This was Mr Mason's 1st home run. Don't be surprised if KC does walk out of jail a free woman before too long. MR Mason doesn't have time to waste. He wants to retire in a blaze of glory. MOO!

Isn't there a bit (okay, well maybe a lot) of the cart going before the horse going on here? I'm really tired of these motions, what with the trial not even expected to begin until next year. I hope this new judge will put a stop to all of this nonsense somehow...

But will it actually work? I am not sure that the SA is quite so willing to remove the DP for one, and for two I just do not see Casey going for a plea! She is set and bound that she is innocent! So now where does it leave them?

I just don't see how they can keep going back to this issue - hasn't it already been resolved? Do none of Strickland's rulings apply now that he has stepped down? I don't get it.

Mr Mason's next target is the death penalty. He wants that gone. Next he will aim at even more reduced charges. He wants time served. He wants KC to walk as a misunderstood victim. And he wants to walk beside her as the man who did the inpossible. A lot more people and their reps are gonna get trashed as he accomplishes this (ie LE, witnesses, lab techs).

Mr Mason reminds me of the late Micky Mantle who used to stride to the plate and point to where he was gonna send the ball. There were many writings stating that Mr Mantle was not a nice man, not very likeable. Some have said the same about Mr Mason. I don't know enough information to comment on either. They may both be saints. What scares me is the fact that Mantle often used to put that dam# ball right where he pointed.

Your post makes a lot of sense. That is why the defense is delaying the trial. (the more time served, the better) Also, it makes sense why Mason says he will walk out of this trial arm and arm with KC. I took it to mean that she would be found innocent, but it could very well mean that she would get time served.

I would love to see the new judge just slap down this new motion and keep the DP on the table.

2 thoughts:
1. Wasn't Judge Strickland the one who granted indigent status (after all of the blood money was spent)? Wouldn't the defense like this ruling? Why complain about this judge?
2. If time is money, why is defense dragging this out so long? Try the case and move on to new, paying clients. How does it benefit them to go so long with a non-paying client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipstar2