2010-04-23 JVM: Tommy Croslin's Attorney Speaks

I am very curious about the use of the term Emotional IQ, so I looked around. Could this be a foundation of Tommy's defense? Will Flora Hollars' odd, flat, delivery of horrific scenarios be used as testimony to how emotionally/socially handicapped Tom is? This fact, of course, in conjunction with Hank and Lisa's lifestyle-- as well as Flo's assertion that their children (Timmy, Tommy, and Misty) were crack babies? Three generations of hot mess... it fits the recipe for rehabilitation.

There's a lot to know about this terminology-- it may, imo, be the defense of the future.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_intelligence

I believe Tommy was pointing out a place at the docks that he WAS TOLD Haleigh was disposed of. Who told him? Misty, of course. Here is why I think that and a few other thoughts, lol.

Steve Brown took Tommy’s word to be the truth after the failed LDT that Joe is responsible and took credit for solving the case. NOT! I believe Tommy showed deception on his test because he was hiding a story that Misty told him about Joe. There is no proof this is what happened, there is no proof Haleigh was disposed of at the Shell Harbour boat dock/pier. IMO, she was not. If yellow rope and cinder blocks were recovered during the search it could have been placed there by Misty or someone else as a RED HERRING. Or they could have been anyones. It’s not like they are uncommon items used in boating on a river.

It is my belief that Haleigh was not disposed of there. I think this because of the info. gators are not active in Feb. and if she was there she would have surfaced much earlier. I am not trying to be disrespectful to Haleigh in any way, just think Laci Peterson and she was not placed anywhere near the shore. There is no way she would have not decomposed to a degree that something would not have come to the surface and as popular as that place is to people fishing and launching their boats someone would have found something long ago.

Sheriff Hardy did the right thing by calling the family members together to inform them of the search instead of them hearing it through another source. If he told them of the Joe info. that came from Tommy’s interview imo he was wrong to do so. That should have been kept to himself as should all the info. GMA Hollars has been spewing. I’m sorry, but someone should put a muzzle on her. All she is doing is repeating hearsay. If Hardy told the family that Haleigh was deceased by Tommy’s info. alone he was wrong to do that also, imo. How could he do that without proof? Even if it is just a possibility, he shouldn’t of done that or said that to the public. Does he have other knowledge/proof she is no longer living? I certainly hope he does and does not go by the word of all of these liars! There is no way in hello I would have my daughter declared legally dead without proof instead of waiting the 7 yrs. to have it done legally. I am with GMA Sykes on this one, show me , don’t just tell me, which tells me that is exactly what he did. I am also not keen on LE not securing the search site Monday eve. when TC took them there. It was not done until the search started at 10 am the next day. Hardy also stated it is a good possibility Haleigh died at the search site.
Here he is speculating again, imo. This is what GMA Flo said on one of the shows she was on, also, so it leads me to believe she told that to LE.
If he is taking her word or Tommy’s word as the gospel truth there is something very wrong with him!
I would rather hear nothing from LE than speculations based on liars info. It all makes sense now…

Misty told Tommy (before the drug arrests) the same Joe story she told Chelsea in her letter to her but left the Tommy info. out of it.
Tommy failed some of the LDT questions because he was holding back the info. Misty told him.
When he was further questioned about the test results he told the story Misty told him. LE got involved and searched the area Tommy was told about but nothing of evidentiary value was recovered because it is all a lie. Did Tommy take another LDT to determine if the Joe story is true? I don’t know but I highly doubt he did. Misty failed the questions on her Joe story. When Tommy called GMA Flo Sunday evening and asked her to have Lindsy call his lawyer and have him get a hold of PI Steve Brown she claims she “broke him”. She did no such thing, Tommy had went over his LDT and knew it would be turned in to LE and they would soon be questioning him again. He decided to come clean and tell what he was told about Joe. GMA Flo asked him if it was Joe and Tommy confirmed it. GMA Flo made the assumption that Tommy had to be involved and went with Joe because he knew where to look for the evidence at. She is asked if Tommy implicated himself at all during their conversation and she says no. She just assumed he was there and helped but he is repeating a story Misty told him only in the version she told him he is not brought into the picture like he is in the Chelsea letter or the version Misty told her GMA. GMA Flo is also making this assumption about Misty, she had to be involved because she knew where to look for the evidence at and what the evidence is (rope and block) but imo Misty is lying about that and GMA Flo believes her. Someone told GMA the rope/block info. and when Misty called her she asked Misty about it. GMA leads, Misty follows and tells her more lies about how the block/rope was used. Where did the info. come
from that Tommy, Joe and Misty took Haleigh to Shell Harbour to dispose of her? GMA Flo, who is repeating stories she has heard from others and making speculations from that info. Is GMA Flo credible? I think so, yes, all she is doing is repeating things told to her. Are GMA Flo’s “sources”
credible? NO, imo. She reminds me of Art, she repeats things told to her with a little twist added at times, he/she can’t help it if those they are quoting/repeating aren’t being honest. I am not sold that Tommy, Joe, Lindsy, Timmy and Chelsea are involved.

I have a feeling all of this hoopla is another dead end. Ron looked so cool coming out of the meeting because he knows what was discussed is not the truth, except that Haleigh is dead. He is not angry with Misty because she didn’t crack and is still being loyal to him.

It all comes back to my signature line.

Haleigh, I am so sorry that no one cares enough about you to stand up and tell the truth.

JMO
I really think Tommy failed the LDT because he was holding back 1st hand information. He knew a lot was riding on him passing, & I couldn't help wonder why he waited so long to try to clear his name. If he was uninvolved, he could've would've cleared his name much sooner. Is he lieing now? Probably, because I don't trust him to be honest. Is Misty lieing? you betcha. But I really really have to believe that LE is going on more than just their words. I watched the Steve Brown interview, & he seemed confident that the case was solved. Is he jumping the gun? maybe. But he's had a year to jump the gun & he hasn't. He claims to have diligently worked this case for months & months. I am a little intrigued by Chelsea. I think somebody has hit on something that has her worried & she feels the need to proactively divert attention. She reminds me of Tommy & him wanting everyone to keep their mouths shut.

Who is Kay Sangelica in 1Chump's post? Is there a new head investigator on the case or is this a weird spelling of Jason Joliceur?

I still believe that Tommy and Joe told the same story. I think Misty is still trying to protect RC. I don't see her protecting anyone else when everyone else has talked. BIG MESS!

Lone Traveler, I couldn't get the quote thing to work to quote you. Sorry.

LOL maybe Misty isnt protecting Ron and Misty is protecting Misty as she cannot pin it on anyone else!?

LOL maybe Misty isnt protecting Ron and Misty is protecting Misty as she cannot pin it on anyone else!?

Maybe, but HIGHLY unlikely imo. Ron isn't a blubbering idiot (I don't believe anyway, maybe I'm wrong?) IMHO, that's what it would take to believe her story without question..and if you are right, not only did he believe it, he didn't even ask her about ANY details from what he said on any interviews.

Time will tell..I don't believe we have too long to wait now..:)

That could also explain why Tommy "failed" if he did yet they still ended up searching at the dock. If Tommy heard a story but does not personally believe it to be true I would think it may up as "deceptive" on the LDT?

Like if Misty told him she killed Haleigh but Tommy believes she is covering for Ron, on the LTD if he was asked "Did Misty tell you that she killed Haleigh" his response would be "yes" but since he does not believe she did, I would think it would show as deceptive. I don't know this to be fact....just seems logical to me.

That was my thought process as well 1Chump. Of course, we don't know that but I believe that it could be very possible..I would love to know the results of his polygraph, I think that what he passed and what he failed (assuming that's the way it went down) would tell us much!..

bbm, huh?

:floorlaugh:

My own question suddenly reminded me of that 911 call.
But I still don't understand the atty's response. Can anyone clarify?
tia

Tommy's attorney said several times that he has a great relationship with LE and does not want to do anything to jeoparadize that relationship such as publically discussing facts of the case which could cause problems with the investigation.

IMO, LE is being more forthcoming with Tommy's attorney because he is not going out there and discussing what they are talking about and they know this because whatever they are talking about has not made it out publically.

That could also explain why Tommy "failed" if he did yet they still ended up searching at the dock. If Tommy heard a story but does not personally believe it to be true I would think it may up as "deceptive" on the LDT?

Like if Misty told him she killed Haleigh but Tommy believes she is covering for Ron, on the LTD if he was asked "Did Misty tell you that she killed Haleigh" his response would be "yes" but since he does not believe she did, I would think it would show as deceptive. I don't know this to be fact....just seems logical to me.
Your post makes me wonder what questions are asked, how tricky they are & who has passed what questions. I hope LE is keeping it simple. which takes us back to Ron. It has been consistently reported that he passed. but did he only take the one? I have a suspicion that a 2nd test might be more telling. I sincerely hope LE didn't base their whole investigation on one test result. & after listening to Tommy's lawyer, I hope Tommy is retested. Now, is not the time to 'lawyer up' & remain silent. It would be ironic if Misty, (the most inconsistent player), winds up being the only one to keep retesting.

I have two thoughts about it.

He can't talk about it because drugs tie in with Haleigh somehow, or because Tommy is in jail for drug charges right now and it doesn't look good for him if he hangs out with his sis in a drug-infested house with pills lolling about.

It could be neither. Tommy's attorney does not want to discuss anything that may or may not be a fact because he is cooperating with LE and LE is cooperating with him. The minute he discusses anything publically, that ends.

He can't pick and choose, you either respond to all or don't respond at all. He doesn't want to give out facts so he cannot tells us which ones are not facts.

Your post makes me wonder what questions are asked, how tricky they are & who has passed what questions. I hope LE is keeping it simple. which takes us back to Ron. It has been consistently reported that he passed. but did he only take the one? I have a suspicion that a 2nd test might be more telling. I sincerely hope LE didn't base their whole investigation on one test result. & after listening to Tommy's lawyer, I hope Tommy is retested. Now, is not the time to 'lawyer up' & remain silent. It would be ironic if Misty, (the most inconsistent player), winds up being the only one to keep retesting.

Ron said that he passed with flying colors. Everyone is assuming that he passed because LE did not correct him. However, I cannot find anywhere that LE released his results.

Also, Misty is taking so many LDT's because Misty is willing to take them. LE can only ask someone to voluntarily take an LDT.

It could be neither. Tommy's attorney does not want to discuss anything that may or may not be a fact because he is cooperating with LE and LE is cooperating with him. The minute he discusses anything publically, that ends.

He can't pick and choose, you either respond to all or don't respond at all. He doesn't want to give out facts so he cannot tells us which ones are not facts.

This makes a lot of sense. ToC is his client and it's the attorney's job to represent him to the best of his ability and I think he's doing a good job. Obviously we'd all like more info but the attorney's responsibility is to ToC and not us.

Tommy's attorney said several times that he has a great relationship with LE and does not want to do anything to jeoparadize that relationship such as publically discussing facts of the case which could cause problems with the investigation.

IMO, LE is being more forthcoming with Tommy's attorney because he is not going out there and discussing what they are talking about and they know this because whatever they are talking about has not made it out publically.

My thought is the attorney doesn't want to jeopardize that relationship because it may be the only way to get a deal and keep his client from death row.

I've been waiting on the transcript of the show with Werter to get posted to verify something I thought I heard:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes, but here`s the -- here`s the point. Grandma Flo, OK, says Misty pointed the finger at Tommy and Joe. You`re saying Tommy knows what happened, but he wasn`t involved. OK, but Grandma Flo also says that Tommy said Joe did it. Would you at least be willing to give us a yea or nay? In other words, did Tommy ever implicate Cousin Joe, or could there be somebody else involved?

WERTER: Well, I can`t answer the latter part of that question. What I did say was Tommy did not discuss this case with Flo Hollars.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/23/ijvm.01.html

An interesting question with an interesting response.

I agree with this, but the 64,000 question is, why has Ron been protecting Misty? Ron has some culpability somehow in this case, whether it is large or small. JMO

This is not a thread for analyzing Misty and Ron or giving theories about their involvement. It is about Tommy's attorney's statements.

The off topic theories in these threads are way beyond reason. If all of them need to be closed and cleaned up, then so be it.

KNOCK IT OFF!

I have firmly believed ToC was in the middle of this since he put himself at the scene. Also his phone calls I listened to were very telling. When I heard his attorney announce in March that his client was going to take a poly I had a feeling some things would start to break soon. I also remember ToC speaking with family members about the cost of a poly.

I firmly believe he took a private poly and then his attorney had a heart to heart with him so to speak. I am assuming that LE also administered a poly after the private one. I was not expecting any bombshells from the attorney the other night because what frankly can he say. :waitasec:

No charges have been filed yet but I firmly believe this is a race to keep that pesky needle off the table. Still not sure if this current attorney will handle the complete case alone or at all for that matter.

These of course are just my own thoughts.

jmho

Werter:
But I can tell you this. I had a discussion with Tommy twice, and when he called to get in touch with myself and Steve Brown, he did not talk to Flo Hollars about what happened that night. He simply told her to get a hold of Lindsay, to get a hold of me, that he wanted to talk to Steve and myself. So if you put her on the stand...

The only way Tommy's attorney could know wiht such certainty that "he did not talk to Flo Hollars about what happened that night" without hearing the tape of the phone converstaion is because Gma Flo has not told the correct events about "what happened that night."

He did not say that Tommy did not tell Gma Flo about the search...just "what happened that night."

Tommy's atty says he didn't talk to grandma...

but LE says he DID.
The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said Friday that the brother of Misty Croslin did speak with his grandmother by phone from jail, as various news accounts have reported.
http://www.ocala.com/article/20100416/ARTICLES/100419766

and another snip:
Lt. Johnny Greenwood said in a release that details of the calls will not be discussed by authorities.

sorry if this was already posted

Tommy's atty says he didn't talk to grandma...

Tommy's attorney said that Tommy did call Gma Flo to have her call Lindsay and have Lindsay contact his attorney for him. I guess Gma Flo was the only one with minutes for him to call. But that Tommy did not discuss details of what happened that night like Gma Flo is claiming.

IMO, Tommy's attorney's statement and LE are consistent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back