CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last phone call Phoung made was to a Txxx Nxxxx, her friend and former boss during the time she worked at Postal Express in Suisun City. He said that she called him at around 6 p.m. Sunday evening, and was distraught about her financial situation and not being able to find work as a nurse.
http://cbs13.com/local/missing.woman.phuong.2.1660585.html

okay... being a nurse I m really scratching my head at this former boss claiming she said she was "distraught" (very severe word) over "not being able to find work as a nurse" when she had JUST PASSED HER BOARDS THIS MONTH!

snip~

She finished nursing school at Solano Community College in December and passed her oral boards several weeks ago, her brother said.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/04/28/BAO51D682N.DTL#ixzz0mRbsmTWX

Several weeks after passing boards..... you are hardly in the category of "not being able to find a job"... it takes weeks to apply, interview, etc...

took out the rest of the name of the boss since my last post poofed.

I did a search for hospitals near Suisun City, and only saw one. I checked their job openings and all are for nurses with at least one year experience. Things are tight around here now, but at least new grads have a chance :(

When I was in school, we were all recruited long before graduation and everyone who wanted to go straight into work had a job already lined up.

I did a search for hospitals near Suisun City, and only saw one. I checked their job openings and all are for nurses with at least one year experience. Things are tight around here now, but at least new grads have a chance :(

When I was in school, we were all recruited long before graduation and everyone who wanted to go straight into work had a job already lined up.
but even so... she just passed! After you pass the NCLEX it still may take a few weeks to receive your license in the mail let alone job search. I am just really curious as to the comment by the "boss"....

If she took oral boards (?) then maybe English isn't her first language? Maybe that's why she's having a hard time finding work?

If she took oral boards (?) then maybe English isn't her first language? Maybe that's why she's having a hard time finding work?
I think reporters have no clue about nursing and boards. They were calling her a student for the first 24 hours and that is easy enough to find out doing a board search...

but even so... she just passed! After you pass the NCLEX it still may take a few weeks to receive your license in the mail let alone job search. I am just really curious as to the comment by the "boss"....

True, though once you pass your prospective employer can verify you're licensed. I only saw that one hospital, but I'm not sure there aren't more in the area. It could be she doesn't want to travel far from home (or her family is against that idea). The ex-boss was described as a friend, too. It appears he was the last to hear from her, though.

nancy grace: rehashing story (nothing we don't know)

nancy has a producer on the ground covering the story

sanf. chronicle reporter: on tuesday the two LE departments got together to collaborate on the case. Talking about the calls (not about the 6pm one tho)..

now talking about she is not on CCTV inside or outside of the bookstore. cameras in the coffee shop at geared at the employees... why she is not on CCTV in coffee shop. nancy says it doesn't make sense the outside cameras didn't catch her car.

no indication she left willing (per nancy)

I wonder how despondent she was over her inability to land a job :(

Her actual full first name is Bichphuong. Doing a license search that way it shows that her license was issued on 1 april 2010

not sure if this link will work or not:
http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA$LCEV2.QueryView?P_LICENSE_NUMBER=771781&P_LTE_ID=828

snip~

Officers are looking for Bichphuong "Phuong" Le, 24, last seen inside a Fairfield Barnes and Noble bookstore around 8:30 p.m., according to Fairfield police Lt. Darrin Moody.

http://www.news10.net/news/article.aspx?storyid=80320&provider=top&catid=188

Another thought:

1. Is the car hers (title in her name) or just one that she drives?
2. Has LE contacted cell phone companies to see if she has taken another one out in her name?
3. Are any bags,clothing, toiletry missing from her room?

The last phone call Phoung made was to a Txxx Nxxxx, her friend and former boss during the time she worked at Postal Express in Suisun City. He said that she called him at around 6 p.m. Sunday evening, and was distraught about her financial situation and not being able to find work as a nurse.
http://cbs13.com/local/missing.woman.phuong.2.1660585.html

okay... being a nurse I m really scratching my head at this former boss claiming she said she was "distraught" (very severe word) over "not being able to find work as a nurse" when she had JUST PASSED HER BOARDS THIS MONTH!

Since they're not direct quotes, they could well be the reporter's words/interpretation rather than what her boss actually said.

I would hope they'll do background checks on the bookstore employees too... If she hangs out there so regularly, it's possible she attracted an unwanted admirer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member