CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know... my daughter (just a few years older than this girl) does it all the damned time. Really ticks me off; she just claims there's nothing to steal in her car =\

I can see how that would tick you off. :)

That is dangerous. Especially when you are going to be returning to your car after dark. You never know if someone is hiding in your back seat.

My mom always drilled it into me.

I can see how that would tick you off. :)

That is dangerous. Especially when you are going to be returning to your car after dark. You never know if someone is hiding in your back seat.

My mom always drilled it into me.

And I've drilled it into her. She has gotten somewhat better recently, I think she just got tired of hearing me go off lol.

Her brother, Huong Lee, told KTVU Wednesday that his youngest sister was upset after arguing with one of her six siblings.
“She had a little argument with older sister and went out to cool off,” he said. “It was no big argument…just talking on the phone.”
Huong Lee told KTVU that when his sister has gotten upset in the past, she has always gone to one of two places – 24/7 Fitness or Barnes And Noble – to calm down.
When she had not returned home by midnight, he said, the family became concerned.
“We waited and waited until 3 a.m.,” he said. “My dad and mom were really worried.”
So Huong went out to search for his sister and discovered her abandoned car in the Barnes And Noble parking lot in Fairfield.
“I went to the gym first and couldn’t find her,” he told KTVU. “I went to Barnes and Noble and found her car. All the doors were locked…Her backpack was in the trunk.”
Huong’s concern heightened when he looked inside the backpack.
“All her belongings were in there, even her cell phone,
’ he said.
Huong noticed the last call made on the cell was to a family friend and his sister’s former boss.
“I called him the next day he said he talked with around 6 p.m. (Sunday),
” Huong said. “She was upset and told him about the argument… He said she was upset over a lot of things…But he didn’t know where she was.”
Huong told KTVU police had joined the search for his sister and had showed him snapshots of six men, asking if he knew any of them.
“I recognized one of them, it was my sister’s former boss,
” he said. “They didn’t tell me why they showed me the pictures… It really freaked me out when I saw those six pictures.”
http://www.ktvu.com/news/23289495/detail.html

who is this former boss of the sister??? It was the last person to talk to her and also a picture the police showed to the brother!~

also, in the video/article that I linked above (in the video portion) the reporter said they had other 'details' but were waiting to report on them in case LE thought they were critical to the case. She also said that K9s have been to the B/N parking lot.

Getting shown six pictures sounds like a suspect lineup. I wonder if the former boss was seen on tape at the bookstore?

Let me preface this by stating it is nothing more than a wild idea that just went screaming through my head:

I wonder if Phuong was seeing/dating her sisters former boss, and that's what the arguement on the phone with her was about?

Again, nothing more than speculation.

Her door was unlocked and her window was down. You might forget to lock a door but you don't forget to close a window.

jmo

Sounds to me like she got into her car and somebody immediately lured her back out somehow. Could have been a stranger or somebody stalking her. A stalker could have waited in the parking lot for her. Maybe he knew she liked to go to B&N so he drove by and saw her car there. He wouldn't have necessarily entered the store. Hopefully they have surveillance footage but often in these cases that is frustratingly lacking.

also, in the video/article that I linked above (in the video portion) the reporter said they had other 'details' but were waiting to report on them in case LE thought they were critical to the case. She also said that K9s have been to the B/N parking lot.

In this same video, her brother says she has never spent a night away from home.
Something has gone seriously wrong.

Her brother, Huong Lee, told KTVU Wednesday that his youngest sister was upset after arguing with one of her six siblings.
“She had a little argument with older sister and went out to cool off,” he said. “It was no big argument…just talking on the phone.”
Huong Lee told KTVU that when his sister has gotten upset in the past, she has always gone to one of two places – 24/7 Fitness or Barnes And Noble – to calm down.
When she had not returned home by midnight, he said, the family became concerned.
“We waited and waited until 3 a.m.,” he said. “My dad and mom were really worried.”
So Huong went out to search for his sister and discovered her abandoned car in the Barnes And Noble parking lot in Fairfield.
“I went to the gym first and couldn’t find her,” he told KTVU. “I went to Barnes and Noble and found her car. All the doors were locked…Her backpack was in the trunk.”
Huong’s concern heightened when he looked inside the backpack.
“All her belongings were in there, even her cell phone,’ he said.
Huong noticed the last call made on the cell was to a family friend and his sister’s former boss.
“I called him the next day he said he talked with around 6 p.m. (Sunday),” Huong said. “She was upset and told him about the argument… He said she was upset over a lot of things…But he didn’t know where she was.”
Huong told KTVU police had joined the search for his sister and had showed him snapshots of six men, asking if he knew any of them.
“I recognized one of them, it was my sister’s former boss,” he said. “They didn’t tell me why they showed me the pictures… It really freaked me out when I saw those six pictures.”

Am I correct in my thinking this is Phuong's former boss? If she's calling him because she's upset then she must be pretty close to him. Something is pulling me to him and I think he knows something. I would bet money he went to the B&N after she called him. The B&N person didn't say she was with anyone but that may be something LE is holding back as of right now. He could have also been waiting in the lot by her car for her to come out.
I really hope they find her safe!

The mother of a young nurse who disappeared without a trace more than 48 hours ago, thinks her daughter was abducted. Meanwhile, friends and family are posting fliers around Fairfield in hopes of finding her as police continue to investigate.

Phuong Le, 24, parked her car near a Barnes & Nobles bookstore in shopping plaza on Gateway Drive in Fairfield on Sunday afternoon at about 4:00 p.m. and hasn't been heard from since, according to the Fairfield Police Department.

A witness inside the store told police he saw her sitting down reading a book and she did not appear to be stressed. She usually went there to study and read books; however, Fairfield Police say they have gone over surveillance footage from the bookstore and it does not show Puong.

Phuong's mother, Sang Pham, says that when her daughter left home on Sunday, Phuong was frustrated about having to hand out fliers for her sister's beauty salon.

The last phone call Phoung made was to a Tchu Nguyen, her friend and former boss during the time she worked at Postal Express in Suisun City. He said that she called him at around 6 p.m. Sunday evening, and was distraught about her financial situation and not being able to find work as a nurse.

Phuong's brother, Hong, says she left after she had an argument with another sibling over the phone. He says she went to the bookstore to cool off.

Because the family lives in Suisun City, Le's brother contacted police around 3:30 a.m. Monday morning worried his sister was missing. Suisun Police responded to the Fairfield parking lot where Le's car was parked and looked inside. In the trunk, they found her purse, wallet, cell phone and other personal belongings.

A missing person's report was later filed.

Friends of Le were passing out fliers at the Barnes and Noble bookstore today.

Police are examining Le's computer, cell phone records and car. They searched her room Tuesday and took a digital camera, a 250 mb memory card, he social security card, her passport, a notebook and miscellaneous papers.
http://cbs13.com/local/missing.woman.phuong.2.1660585.html

Is there a hiking trail nearby? When I go hiking I throw my backpack and purse in the trunk. There's been one or two times I left my cell phone in my purse but I've always gone back and lock it.

Leaving the window down and the doors open? Plus the other things going on over there? Doesn't sound good. However the argument has me thinking that perhaps she comes from a controlling family and maybe she needed a break for a while?

3425143135.jpg

So there's a witness who says they saw her in the bookstore, but the videos don't show her in there.

It says she was upset about handing out the sister's flyers, but doesn't say if she went and handed them out. There's a lot of time missing so I'm wondering if she did. Wish they would specify if she did or not.

The former boss it says is a family friend, so the brother knew that picture, but the family didn't know the people in the other 5 pics that LE showed them? I wonder if LE gave them the names and if they recognized the names of the people.

This one is a worry.

Because of the window being down in the car, it sounds like she threw her stuff in the trunk, got in the car, hadn't yet put the keys in, but someone came up to the car and she put down the window to talk to them? I didn't see them specify if there were signs of a struggle at the car. If no struggle, would indicate someone she knew so got out of the car. Or someone she was friendly and kind enough to want to help - didn't know them or knew them only by sight - someone she'd seen in the bookstore before maybe.

My notes from video:

- stuck to regular schedule. stayed at b&n until it closed every night, then went to gym

- quiet, timid

- looking for a job, passed boards first week of april

- disagreement with sister minor

- youngest of 7 children

- always comes home by 12 at the latest

- LE prepared for worst case, stranger abduction, but say there are currently no signs of foul play, consider her a woman at risk, circumstances out of the ordinary

- witness said they saw her studying at b&n sitting in area she usually sits, didn't look upset

The last phone call Phoung made was to a Txxx Nxxxx, her friend and former boss during the time she worked at Postal Express in Suisun City. He said that she called him at around 6 p.m. Sunday evening, and was distraught about her financial situation and not being able to find work as a nurse.
http://cbs13.com/local/missing.woman.phuong.2.1660585.html

okay... being a nurse I m really scratching my head at this former boss claiming she said she was "distraught" (very severe word) over "not being able to find work as a nurse" when she had JUST PASSED HER BOARDS THIS MONTH!

snip~

She finished nursing school at Solano Community College in December and passed her oral boards several weeks ago, her brother said.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/04/28/BAO51D682N.DTL#ixzz0mRbsmTWX

Several weeks after passing boards..... you are hardly in the category of "not being able to find a job"... it takes weeks to apply, interview, etc...

took out the rest of the name of the boss since my last post poofed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500