GUILTY VA - Yeardley Love, 22, UVA student, beaten to death, Charlottesville, May 2010 *civil trial 2022*

You can 'accidentally' hit someone once, but repeatedly with their head banging the wall? ehhhh, no!

This was no accident and he had plenty of time in between blows to stop. He didn't.

I don't feel sorry for him. He's getting what he deserves, I hope.

JMHO
fran

How can anyone bang anyone's head against a wall-repeatedly -it's horrific.
He's robbed a young woman and her loved ones from such a promising precious life while dooming his whole entire life till the day he dies for what - for nothing. Why oh why can't these people see the absolute finality and no going back of this and just walk away and let time heal and move on- this relationship would have been put behind him years down the track. Why couldn't he see that and why couldn't his family and friends notice something was very wrong. I know this almost same exact story is sadly an all too common phenomenon but it's one I can just never get my head around

How can anyone bang anyone's head against a wall-repeatedly -it's horrific.
He's robbed a young woman and her loved ones from such a promising precious life while dooming his whole entire life till the day he dies for what - for nothing. Why oh why can't these people see the absolute finality and no going back of this and just walk away and let time heal and move on- this relationship would have been put behind him years down the track. Why couldn't he see that and why couldn't his family and friends notice something was very wrong. I know this almost same exact story is sadly an all too common phenomenon but it's one I can just never get my head around

I know. I always think there must be alcohol/drugs involved, but I think sometimes people just snap and don't use the upper part of the brain. It reverts to the "old neanderthal switch" for some reason. It truly is tragic.

I am not knowledgeable in computers at all, but could they do a forensic search of her hard drive that way?

They can get all kinds of information on what she might have used the computer for in terms of internet searches, etc. However, if what they were seeking were e mails from him or posts to FB, etc. they can do that without her computer. Any searches done could be hers, or her room mates, or even done by him at sometime earlier when they were together. It just seems odd to me that he would take the computer, unless he was wanting to check the history himself. Taking it to avoid someone finding the e mails makes no sense, but then again, neither does any other of his alleged actions.

jmoo

They can get all kinds of information on what she might have used the computer for in terms of internet searches, etc. However, if what they were seeking were e mails from him or posts to FB, etc. they can do that without her computer. Any searches done could be hers, or her room mates, or even done by him at sometime earlier when they were together. It just seems odd to me that he would take the computer, unless he was wanting to check the history himself. Taking it to avoid someone finding the e mails makes no sense, but then again, neither does any other of his alleged actions.

jmoo

Not everyone is computer savvy to know what police can or can not do if the computer is gone.
He might not realize police could still figure out some of what she was doing on-line even if her computer is gone.
He also could have taken it to erase all their e-mail communications.

I know. I always think there must be alcohol/drugs involved, but I think sometimes people just snap and don't use the upper part of the brain. It reverts to the "old neanderthal switch" for some reason. It truly is tragic.

I agree. I also think there's a chance that drugs/alcohol were involved here.

Such a sad sad case and the loss of yet another beautiful young life.

It was reported on NG last night that YL and some of her friends were at a bar down the street that night. I know that this does not PROVE that they were in fact drinking but IMO it would explain the roommates being unable to assess the situation correctly.

It was reported on NG last night that YL and some of her friends were at a bar down the street that night. I know that this does not PROVE that they were in fact drinking but IMO it would explain the roommates being unable to assess the situation correctly.

So he may perhaps have been sparked off by jealousy -seeing her out in a bar having fun with friends, moving on from him and that he didn't own her anymore. Have read articles implying he had been acting bizarrely and obsessively since their breakup.

When faced with an aggressive, violent and irrational person who is rendered crazed by alcohol and rage and any slightest thing you say whatever it is enrages them even more then I can imagine it's even harder a situation to manage if you've had a few drinks - you're even more vulnerable.

I feel so very sad for that poor girl, having her head repeatedly smashed to a wall, experiencing intense fear and pain and gradually feeling the life leaving her without those who love her around her, all alone prey to a monster who was supposed to have loved her - it's so awful. And he has doomed his own life forever and made a misery out of many others for nothing, for nothing at all, a complete waste of life.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/breaking/New-details-emerge-in-U_Va_-lacrosse-murder-92888454.html

On Dec. 29, 2008, during the family's stay at their South Florida winter home, Huguely got into a "very heated" argument with his father and cousin on the 40-foot fishing boat known as The Reel Deal. There were no blows, but "lots of yelling and screaming," deputies said.
Huguely wanted to go back to the beach. His father said he would take him home, but not to the beach, according to the report. The younger Huguely then dove into the ocean and tried to swim the quarter-mile back to shore.
Huguely's father radioed for help, and a passing vessel picked up the son. Police found no physical evidence of violence, and no arrest was made

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/breaking/New-details-emerge-in-U_Va_-lacrosse-murder-92888454.html

On Dec. 29, 2008, during the family's stay at their South Florida winter home, Huguely got into a "very heated" argument with his father and cousin on the 40-foot fishing boat known as The Reel Deal. There were no blows, but "lots of yelling and screaming," deputies said.
Huguely wanted to go back to the beach. His father said he would take him home, but not to the beach, according to the report. The younger Huguely then dove into the ocean and tried to swim the quarter-mile back to shore.
Huguely's father radioed for help, and a passing vessel picked up the son. Police found no physical evidence of violence, and no arrest was made

I would have let him swim. What a spoiled brat!!!

So he may perhaps have been sparked off by jealousy -seeing her out in a bar having fun with friends, moving on from him and that he didn't own her anymore. Have read articles implying he had been acting bizarrely and obsessively since their breakup.

When faced with an aggressive, violent and irrational person who is rendered crazed by alcohol and rage and any slightest thing you say whatever it is enrages them even more then I can imagine it's even harder a situation to manage if you've had a few drinks - you're even more vulnerable.

I feel so very sad for that poor girl, having her head repeatedly smashed to a wall, experiencing intense fear and pain and gradually feeling the life leaving her without those who love her around her, all alone prey to a monster who was supposed to have loved her - it's so awful. And he has doomed his own life forever and made a misery out of many others for nothing, for nothing at all, a complete waste of life.

BBM
You put that so well. ITA, it is so awful-the fear she must have felt.

Hi Hollyblue, thanks for the new article -I didn't see that - woah
"Two months before Love's death, two current and one former University of North Carolina lacrosse players intervened to separate Huguely from Love at a party on the U-Va. campus in Charlottesville, according to two sources with knowledge of the incident. The UNC players were in Charlottesville visiting with friends. "

Well, from what I'm seeing today, this is the same old story, he is an abuser and when she finally got tired of his threats, etc., she broke up with him. A week later, she's dead. This is exactly the same thing that has happened in page after page after page, here on Websleuths. At the time of the break-up, the victim is in the MOST danger.

I don't care that this guy is young and had a bright future ahead of him. He blew it. Now he has to pay. He'll most likely spend the better part of his life behind bars, as he should.

It's a shame, that between the two, their friends and class-mates who saw this abuse for themselves, didn't realize what he was capable of and tell someone. I just wish this young woman would have asked for help as well. But this is the same old too, she thought she could handle him. Unfortunately, she was wrong.

Such a tragedy,
:(
fran

Well, from what I'm seeing today, this is the same old story, he is an abuser and when she finally got tired of his threats, etc., she broke up with him. A week later, she's dead. This is exactly the same thing that has happened in page after page after page, here on Websleuths. At the time of the break-up, the victim is in the MOST danger.

I don't care that this guy is young and had a bright future ahead of him. He blew it. Now he has to pay. He'll most likely spend the better part of his life behind bars, as he should.

It's a shame, that between the two, their friends and class-mates who saw this abuse for themselves, didn't realize what he was capable of and tell someone. I just wish this young woman would have asked for help as well. But this is the same old too, she thought she could handle him. Unfortunately, she was wrong.

Such a tragedy,
:(
fran

I agree fran, it's either they think they can handle him or they have no clue in thinking he would never do such a thing. No one pipes up...for fear of repercussions...
They should understand that safety comes first on the campuses otherwise everyone loses. Look at the last couple of years....even in the state of VA alone....how many incidents there have been.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dot.comments/2010/05/the_virginia_lacrosse_tragedy.html

We'll start with Vaiconoclast, who wrote, "As a UVa alum, I have become increasingly more alarmed and ashamed at my alma mater as more facts in this case have evolved. Why wasn't this student expelled after the incident with the Lexington police officer? Wouldn't this constitute a honor code violation?"

I'm beginning to think there's something in the water down there. This sure has been an area for the media in the past few years.

ETA: Here is latest article I could find...also video.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...05/03/AR2010050304574.html?hpid=moreheadlines

At the Cockeysville, Md., home of Love's family, a woman who answered the telephone Monday and identified herself as a designated spokesman said, "The family has no comment at this time."

When reached by telephone, Huguely's grandfather, George Huguely III, said: "He was a wonderful child, and he was going to graduate. Hopefully he will be graduating. That's all I can tell you, okay? I'm sorry."

bolded by me.

His grandson has killed a person and all he cares about is whether he will graduate or not? WTF? I can't even think of a word to describe this kind of attitude!

I'm beginning to think there's something in the water down there. This sure has been an area for the media in the past few years.

ETA: Here is latest article I could find...also video.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...05/03/AR2010050304574.html?hpid=moreheadlines

At the Cockeysville, Md., home of Love's family, a woman who answered the telephone Monday and identified herself as a designated spokesman said, "The family has no comment at this time."

When reached by telephone, Huguley's grandfather, George Huguely III, said: "He was a wonderful child, and he was going to graduate. Hopefully he will be graduating. That's all I can tell you, okay? I'm sorry."

Geeesh! I am gonna hold on, by my fingernails, the hope that Gramps was still in disbelief and shock when he made this asinine comment! Or perhaps he suffers from dementia? I doubt it...but GEESH!

Geeesh! I am gonna hold on, by my fingernails, the hope that Gramps was still in disbelief and shock when he made this asinine comment! Or perhaps he suffers from dementia? I doubt it...but GEESH!

I thought both of these things - probably the former. The media got to the grandfather quickly and I am sure he had not had a chance to process all of it.

George's family is going through a lot of pain, confusion and despair right now too, I imagine. As others have said - two young lives, full of potential, snuffed out. It's heartbreaking.

In Texas public high schools, one of the mandatory programs is on dating violence. IDK if private schools have this requirement or other states. Does anyone know?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back