2010.05.10 - Casey Anthony Motions Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder if JB ever really read To Kill a Mockingbird, or if he Wiki'd it. KC is not reflected in Tom Robinson-Caylee is more like Tom to me...Caylee was condemned by KC, Caylee suffered death because of a horrible injustice, Caylee was confined to the will of those around her because of her young age.
To me, KC is like Mayella-She will continue to lie because she feels her victim was less than her anyway. A couple times she has slipped and almost said as much...."I want Caylee to come home, but I want to be home first."

Do you think, Baez want's south Miami, because there are a lot of young party type people there that he might feel can relate better to Casey, out partying to help with all the stress she was feeling while trying to find , Zanny and her missing two year old baby?

OMGoodnesss! :twocents: I just finished watching the videos and the post interview (how charming JB "tried" to be...musta received a lecture from the "ole man" after the other performance Friday!) and am in A W E of His Honor! Now that is a man who can deliver a slap in the face, an upper cut and a "get'er done" 'tude with a smile and a nod! LOVED his mini seminar in the law to JB regarding his laundry list from LKB, too bad JB has no knowledge of what the heck he's requesting, it might make him a better gopher if he UNDERSTOOD (okay being charitable today, remembered) some of the principles within his (oops, LKB's ) motion!:banghead: Really :loser:JB.....you have no idea that there's a difference between an expert witness and a CSI?...oh MY!

BUT for me the most unbelievable piece of "lawyering" (and my sincere apologies to all reputable, worthwhile, intelligent Esquires out there!) was the abysmal :loser:Jose Baez production of "observe my client's worst moments, how hated she is/was/should be (in case you weren't sure!),her disgusting family, observe my (JB's) hatred toward those who tried to help Caylee, and my (JB's) irrational animosity toward TES, MN, OCSO,FBI, even LennyP!".......

:waitasec:WHAT IDIOT EMPHASIZES HIS CLIENT IN SUCH A NEGATIVE MANNER????? and in emotive video, no less, not just within the "flat" transcript! :waitasec:

Again.....O M G !:truce:

I am so excited about the hearing tomorrow with Ms. Lyon(s) and I CAN'T WAIT for your follow-up synopsis!!!

I'm laughing thinking about it!!!:floorlaugh:

I wondered why they were in such a hurry to get out of there and said soooo little on the way to the car. Not like old CA at all...

Is it just me or is it very difficult to see GA or CA touch or appear "comfortably familiar" with each other - with all we have been exposed to by the glass house they have been living in for the last 2 years. In the beginning they were so obviously estranged - then as time went on they started looking like they were supporting each other somewhat.

With the developments of the last couple months I cringe just seeing them sitting next to each other. I just can't stand it...

:sick: :sick:

ITA, it just shows how much she would cover up to save face in public. She would cover up her husbands gambling addiction, the molestation of her child, her husbands affairs and the murder of her grand daughter.

The more she puts up this front, the more I believe that KC could have been molested.

Do you think, Baez want's south Miami, because there are a lot of young party type people there that he might feel can relate better to Casey, out partying to help with all the stress she was feeling while trying to find , Zanny and her missing two year old baby?

That's exactly what Kathy Belich asked him while he was holding court with the press after the hearing (but not with as much detail). He looked at her like she had three heads and dismissed her question as if it was ridiculous.

I wondered why they were in such a hurry to get out of there and said soooo little on the way to the car. Not like old CA at all...

Is it just me or is it very difficult to see GA or CA touch or appear "comfortably familiar" with each other - with all we have been exposed to by the glass house they have been living in for the last 2 years. In the beginning they were so obviously estranged - then as time went on they started looking like they were supporting each other somewhat.

With the developments of the last couple months I cringe just seeing them sitting next to each other. I just can't stand it...

:sick: :sick:

Both Cindy and George have been in court while JBP has been discussing the possibility of a guilty verdict and the subsequent discussion regarding the death penalty.

I felt like someone had tossed a bucket of cold water on me when he said that. I knew it all, I agree with it - but that is the first time that information has been stated so casually in court as fact. If I was startled, after being used to JS's gentleness, I can only imagine how Cindy and George must be reacting. Plus they are getting closer and closer to their testimony and the trial. It must now not be "fun" anymore, they know ICA isn't coming home, probably ever, and they know Caylee is also gone forever. I'd guess their own living h**l has arrived early.

In my opinion he feels the latin community has more single mothers that party from time to time. Also Miami is a party town so it would not appear abnormal to be out partying, etc. It is a more liberal town all together. HOWEVER, he is going to have to go out of country to find a juror that thinks it is cool to be partying while your child is missing!! The latin community has a very strong sense of family and I think it can backfire on JB.

Both Cindy and George have been in court while JBP has been discussing the possibility of a guilty verdict and the subsequent discussion regarding the death penalty.

I felt like someone had tossed a bucket of cold water on me when he said that. I knew it all, I agree with it - but that is the first time that information has been stated so casually in court as fact. If I was startled, after being used to JS's gentleness, I can only imagine how Cindy and George must be reacting. Plus they are getting closer and closer to their testimony and the trial. It must now not be "fun" anymore, they know ICA isn't coming home, probably ever, and they know Caylee is also gone forever. I'd guess their own living h**l has arrived early.

I always felt the A's would not truly grieve until the media of this case died down. With all the drama going on it gave them a place to vent and someone to be angry at. Once this dies down the only one they will be able to be angry at is KC. Mothers day must have been extremely hard for them yesterday.

Hillsorough County is almost identical to Orange County.

His argument was that it was essentially the same media market. BUT.....I can say that when I visit in that area........the coverage is almost non-existent and that I have to rely on my laptop to get any updated info. It is it's own media market not the "same" as JB would like everyone to think.

He just wants what he wants and will whine about any other options. If he had been a wee bit more discrete about his "complete, and quite frankly obsessive desire to hit the Miami scene" he may have been better equipped to argue his "reasoning".

Earth to Baez - the "party pictures" showing your client not giving a crap about finding Caylee are part of said evidence. You can't throw them out just because they make her look bad. (though I hear she thought she looked purty good.)

Did you not love when asked 'Do you think Miami would be better because it has a party atmosphere?'

"What? Me going there to party? Are you out of your mind? This is not about parties and anyone who thinks it is......" :crazy:

OK, so I paraphrased a little but come now JB, we all know this is about 31 days of boys, sex, parties, sex, parties, boys and sex. Otherwise, Caylee would most likely still be here...
:martini::genie: :Banane59: :toast:

JB plays the fool quite well, except when he tries to play the fool. Then he just looks... well, foolish. :jester:

wouldn't there be some prejudice toward ICA due to her blaming Caylee's disappearance on a hispanic nanny?

Why wouldn't this cut both ways.

i did not tape it but i really thought i heard him say black - am i wrong ?
i was typing and watching the tv at same time and then phone rang

He is trying to align with the judge and get him to connect to KC on a discrimination level. Poor KC is being mistreated and labeled because of her gender. He is assuming that the judge may have been a victim because of his race at some point in time. The problem is, what he does not realize is people in the minority(myself included) whether it be race, gender, etc...who have worked their way through school, the corporate world and so on...Get very offended when people use "poor me race/gender card" when it is clearly not applicable.

ANYONE WHO DRIVES AROUND WITH A CHILD IN THEIR TRUNK AND DOES NOT REPORT A MISSING CHILD FOR OVER A MONTH GETS NO SYMPATHY.

I don't care what gender, race or how "cute" you think you are. She left her child with an imaginary Nanny and never reported her missing. The only way law enforcement found out was because Cindy trapped KC. I think she was going to leave the state and never report her missing.

The thing is...if she IS out partying it shows a pattern of her not taking care of Caylee at night and if she isn't who IS? I think the pics prior ARE important. Not so much because of the way she dresses but because it shows she isn't at home at night taking care of her child - someone else is, be it a paid or unpaid 'nanny' or Cindy....

Not only that I think there are plenty of single parents out there (male and female) that can attest to the fact that while they may have had the opportunity to go out once in a while (and there might be one or two on the jury)- the nighttime activity of KC is far in excess of most single parents... at least those who have jobs and want to 'experience' their children (read stories at night, feed them, wake up with them in the morning, etc)

MOO
I respectfully beg to differ. In my opinion she could party all night and still be there to read to her child and feed her in the morning. Toddlers are in bed by 8 or 9 at the latest. The party does not start until 10-11. The Club closes at 2 so she could be home by 3 or so in the morning. She could still be a good mom.

IF she was working the night shift with the same hours we would not say she was a bad mom. If SA goes down this line, I think it will hurt them. I think they should use the party pics only to show state of mind while Caylee was missing and nothing more. If they start harping on her life style as a single mom and calling her a bad mom because of it...it might not click with a juror.

Just the opinion of a child raised by a single mother who although did go out and have a good time some nights, made sure my need was ALWAYS met and I was well cared for. She was always the last face I saw at night and the first I saw in the morning...usually telling me about her night.

I am so excited about the hearing tomorrow with Ms. Lyon(s) and I CAN'T WAIT for your follow-up synopsis!!!

I'm laughing thinking about it!!!:floorlaugh:

That would be Professor Lyon. To all of us...
How many times did he say Professor??

wouldn't there be some prejudice toward ICA due to her blaming Caylee's disappearance on a hispanic nanny?

Why wouldn't this cut both ways.

I was just going to say this. I can't figure out why they would want Miami considering KC blamed an imaginary Puerto Rican woman (right? or half Puerto Rican half something else?) for her crime.

KC definitely sets the precedent for searching for missing 2 year old girls in nightclubs.

And in the beer isle at target....:banghead:using stolen cash mind you from a best friend who she did not even trust enough to tell her daughter was missing. But of course kc wishes she "could have been a better friend" (tear) maybe we will get to see two tears for her "I wish I could have been a better mom" comments at the trial.

I respectfully beg to differ. In my opinion she could party all night and still be their to read to her child and feed her in the morning. Toddlers are in bed by 8 or 9 at the latest. The party does not start until 10-11. The Club closes at 2 so she could be home by 3 or so in the morning. She could still be a good mom.

IF she was working the night shift with the same hours we would not say she was a bad mom. If SA goes down this line, I think it will hurt them. I think they should use the party pics only to show state of mind while Caylee was missing and nothing more. If they start harping on her life style as a single mom and calling her a bad mom because of it...it might not click with a juror.

Just the opinion of a child raised by a single mother who although did go out and have a good time some nights, made sure my need was ALWAYS met and I was well cared for. She was always the last face I saw at night and the first I saw in the morning...usually telling me about her night.

Who says that would be their ultimate motive for getting those photos into evidence. Many times you say you want particular evidence in for "x" reason because it has the most sound legal authority for its admissibility. When really you want it entered for "y" reason which doesn't have as much legal weight to its admissibility. Either way the jury gets to see it. And once it's out there it's out there. All the jurors need to hear is the DATE that the photos were taken.

Frankly those photos of her in the blue dress should be admitted not because it shows she's a "bad mother" but that allegedly according to Casey's own admission to LE a few days prior her defenceless 2 year old child was kidnapped and she had no idea where she was. You can't fake the utter joyful smile on her face on those photos. She was legitimately happy in those photos. Couple that with her IM to her friend that this time-frame "was the happiest she's been in a long time" and you have a woman not at all worried about her "missing" two year old child. She was in total bliss for most of that 31 days. The only time she wasn't was when she was avoiding her family.

The jury doesn't have to hear the evidence or see the evidence in close proximity. They will piece the evidence together in the jury room. This is a really simple case and those with common sense will see right to the bottom line. No matter what county you're from.

I, too, am not understanding the references to "To Kill a Mockingbird" and the desires to align his case with any minority gender/race. Last time I saw Casey she appeared to be a Caucasian female. Neither of those classifications is a minority (IIRC, 100% of mothers are female). Is he trying to inject his minority status into the equation? If so, I certainly don't think that should be a factor!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500