2010.06.15 George & Cindy on Good Morning America

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC I saw that one of CA's coworkers was on the prosecution's witness list to testify regarding the "dead body" statement. I think that Cindy told coworkers about the dead body smell when she returned to work the day they retrieved the car. If this is true, she won't be able to defend it as a benign comment to get the police to the house.

You do remember correctly, steadychick.

From Charles C's interview:

"Q She say anything about the car when she got in it or …

A Yes when.. I recall when she got back.. ‘cause a lot of us were standing right, right here by the front door when she walked in. And she made the statement about the smell in the car. She said it smelled like a dead body. And we told her then, you need to call the police.

Q Did she come in just say that or did
she say anything else about it? Did she see anything in the car that maybe alarmed you guys?

A No she didn’t say she just said, it smelled like a dead body."

http://www.wftv.com/blank/18974314/detail.html

I watched the GMA raw video feed on WFTV's site and looked at the still shot photos from the interview on WFTV too.

My question is when was this interview done with GA and CA? The interview is so prepackaged and cut and paste. There didn't look to be any new video of Caylee to go along with this interview either.

GA's tattoo of Caylee is very big and pretty much where he'll always be able to see it. I wonder if he'll get a tattoo of Casey to match?

CA has read the letters that Casey wrote in jail -- she's not denying that Casey wrote them but blaming the other inmate, of course, that's so CA to do that, IMO. It's always someone else's fault, not Casey's that she wrote those letters in the first place.

I wouldn't be surprised if CA and GA were paid for this interview by ABC -- if they were paid, how much did they get?

bbm
I read that the interview was done last Friday.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...-talk-to-good-morning-america-on-tuesday.html
I guess they wanted to spend a weekend in NYC

Pointless interview on GMA's part. George with the simpering expression on his face and Cindy looking like she used some cheap tanning product on her face. Nothing new. Cindy really pushing that she made the dead body in the car 911 call to get the police there quickly. Laughable.

bold by me
ITA!!

I did not watch the "interview" (puke), but it is SO clear (more so than ever before) that the defense team and the Anthonys are very, very, very, very worried about what a "death knell" the 3rd 911 call will be in this trial. WOW. Why not just scream it from the rooftops! Just put it in 20 foot Broadway lights, Cindy!! ----> You DID smell a dead body smell in Casey's car, you KNOW it was a dead body smell, and when you were told that Caylee was "kidnapped" then you truly KNEW the dead body smell was due to Caylee's death.

It's tragic, its grisly, it has riveted the world in its gross depravity.....but it's the only time you let your defensive armor down and told the raw truth, Cindy. That's why its called an excited utterance, and that's why your voice on tape will be played over and over and over again for the jury. They will never, ever "buy" the load of BS you are trying to sell them. There is no way that blurted-out admission of yours was a "planned" way to get the police out to you quicker. It was the naked truth.......and you know it's going to be absolutely devastating to Casey's defense. I weep for the loss of Caylee, but I'm glad this excited utterance left your lips, Cindy.........because now a jury will understand that Caylee's body was in that trunk. You got that one mammoth hunk of truth out there (on tape!!) before the cover-up began.
Let there be Justice for Caylee.

I didn't watch GMA but did watch the online video. I was immediately taken back to hear Ashley Bainfield say, "they've barely spoken about this since it happened........" and then go on to say "yet they've endured protesters in front of their home........." I knew then that this would be yet another powder-puff interview. Although Ashley Bainfield did ask a few good questions.

George and Cindy just can't get it right. This is the two-year anniversary of the last time they saw their granddaughter, their only granddaughter, their only grandchild. This interview should have been about Caylee........her favorite toys, her favorite things to do, the special moments in Caylee's short life. Yet the interview was all about them and their daughter, who stands charged with their granddaughter's murder.

Cindy continues to lie about the events of July 15, 2008 when she made the three 911 calls, and in particular the third and most important of the three calls. She brushed off her frantic, "it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car!", as her method of getting the police to respond quickly. That won't wash on the witness stand when there will be follow-up testimony from others who will state that Cindy told them about the dead body smell in Casey's car. There's far too many statements on record about the smell in Casey's car.

Cindy then went on to state that one of the detectives told her that night (July 15, 2008) that "they'd break her (Casey) in 24 - 48 hours", but she followed that up with "there was nothing to break, because she didn't do it." And that was followed by, "she only lied about her work, lying doesn't make her a murderer."

When asked about the jailhouse letters and the accusation of George molesting Casey, Cindy's response was that "the girl in jail was a plant." George brushed the whole thing off. Cindy and George seem to think there's some sort of vast conspiracy to convict their daughter of murder.

The jewelry and tattoos are overdone and ostentatious. It's as if George and Cindy are trying to convince themselves and the world that they really did care for Caylee. A simple silver or gold locket would be tasteful, but they've gone overboard.

I really didn't expect this interview to be any different than previous interviews, and it wasn't. It just makes me angry every time I see George and Cindy try to re-write history and sweep this mess - a mess I feel they're responsible for - under the carpet.

I find it very odd that Ashleigh Banfield conducted this interview with GA/CA after blogging on lies-and-the-crying-liars-who-tell-them in February 2008. Link provided below: Hope it is okay to post this.

http://ashleighbanfield.com/blog/lies-and-the-crying-liars-who-tell-them/

Maybe she did the interview because KC hasn't been convicted yet. Why didn't she ask much tougher questions to Cindy and George?? I find it odd. Almost as if Baez had asked them to do it so Cindy could try to explain the dead body comment. JMOO :waitasec:

As much as people have commented about the "softball" questions in the interview and the lack of "probing" questions, one must only look as far as the names of those responsible for the interview.

One name in particular will be very familiar (KF). Think "dinner" at the Ritz).....
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5293538&postcount=4"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5293538&postcount=4[/ame]

In this day and age it is very hard to find organically neutral media. Neutral media will die on the vine without landing hot stories.

Why would a media outlet (that has proven loyal to the family) suddenly ask the "hard" questions?

I find it very odd that Ashleigh Banfield conducted this interview with GA/CA after blogging on lies-and-the-crying-liars-who-tell-them in February 2008. Link provided below: Hope it is okay to post this.

http://ashleighbanfield.com/blog/lies-and-the-crying-liars-who-tell-them/

Maybe she did the interview because KC hasn't been convicted yet. Why didn't she ask much tougher questions to Cindy and George?? I find it odd. Almost as if Baez had asked them to do it so Cindy could try to explain the dead body comment. JMOO :waitasec:

It was very timely propaganda given the current motions and discussion on the admission of the 911 call at trial, probably setup by BC to coincide with the tragic anniversary.

I didn't watch GMA but did watch the online video. I was immediately taken back to hear Ashley Bainfield say, "they've barely spoken about this since it happened........" and then go on to say "yet they've endured protesters in front of their home........." I knew then that this would be yet another powder-puff interview. Although Ashley Bainfield did ask a few good questions.

George and Cindy just can't get it right. This is the two-year anniversary of the last time they saw their granddaughter, their only granddaughter, their only grandchild. This interview should have been about Caylee........her favorite toys, her favorite things to do, the special moments in Caylee's short life. Yet the interview was all about them and their daughter, who stands charged with their granddaughter's murder.

Cindy continues to lie about the events of July 15, 2008 when she made the three 911 calls, and in particular the third and most important of the three calls. She brushed off her frantic, "it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car!", as her method of getting the police to respond quickly. That won't wash on the witness stand when there will be follow-up testimony from others who will state that Cindy told them about the dead body smell in Casey's car. There's far too many statements on record about the smell in Casey's car.

Cindy then went on to state that one of the detectives told her that night (July 15, 2008) that "they'd break her (Casey) in 24 - 48 hours", but she followed that up with "there was nothing to break, because she didn't do it." And that was followed by, "she only lied about her work, lying doesn't make her a murderer."

When asked about the jailhouse letters and the accusation of George molesting Casey, Cindy's response was that "the girl in jail was a plant." George brushed the whole thing off. Cindy and George seem to think there's some sort of vast conspiracy to convict their daughter of murder.

The jewelry and tattoos are overdone and ostentatious. It's as if George and Cindy are trying to convince themselves and the world that they really did care for Caylee. A simple silver or gold locket would be tasteful, but they've gone overboard.

I really didn't expect this interview to be any different than previous interviews, and it wasn't. It just makes me angry every time I see George and Cindy try to re-write history and sweep this mess - a mess I feel they're responsible for - under the carpet.

BBM-This is what frustrates me about these fluff piece interviews which makes me believe they are being paid. The reporter has to know Cindy is going to pull the old 'Casey may have lied but she's not a murderer' line because she says it during almost every interview. There are lies and there are lies:

- She told LE she dropped Caylee off with zanny the nanny (lie),
- at Sawgrass apt # (can't remember the exact number) (lie), the apartment was vacant.
-Like any other normal day (lie), she had no job, no nanny
-She takes LE to her job at Universal (lie) and tells one lie after another while they're trying to find HER missing child
-She tells them she got a call and talks to Caylee (lie), no call ever came in during that time
-She keeps forgetting they're catching her in lies and reverts back to the 'working at Universal' lie during the interview at Universal
-She points at an old folks home and says the family of the nanny lives there (lie)
-She also takes them to other homes of the invisnanny's family (all lies)
-She told LE she was looking for Caylee herself (lie), she was out partying, buying bras, beer, clothes, etc from stolen money
-She lied to all her friends as to Caylee's whereabouts (with the nanny at the beach, Universal, on and on)
-She lied each and every time CA/GA asked to speak to Caylee

...the list could go on forever.

The problem isn't Casey being a liar about trivial things, it's what she lied about that's huge. CA/GA may be able to get away with twisting the truth to a reporter but the SA won't let that slip by. They'll be ready and waiting for Cindy's spin.

IMO

She is sooooo lying! Cindy may try to minimize her "dead body in the damn car" statement in public but she won't be able to do it on the stand.

She called her supervisor from Gentiva on the night of July 15 and this is what she said:

Cynthia said, "Oh my God Debbie, if something happened to the baby or if the baby's dead, I don't know what I'm going to do!"

Page 7: http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0121/18530509.pdf

Attachments

• DebbieP Interview.jpg
    DebbieP Interview.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 22
Pls take up detailed case follow-up discussion in the appropriate thread(s). TIA.

BBM-This is what frustrates me about these fluff piece interviews which makes me believe they are being paid. The reporter has to know Cindy is going to pull the old 'Casey may have lied but she's not a murderer' line because she says it during almost every interview. There are lies and there are lies:

- She told LE she dropped Caylee off with zanny the nanny (lie),
- at Sawgrass apt # (can't remember the exact number) (lie), the apartment was vacant.
-Like any other normal day (lie), she had no job, no nanny
-She takes LE to her job at Universal (lie) and tells one lie after another while they're trying to find HER missing child
-She tells them she got a call and talks to Caylee (lie), no call ever came in during that time
-She keeps forgetting they're catching her in lies and reverts back to the 'working at Universal' lie during the interview at Universal
-She points at an old folks home and says the family of the nanny lives there (lie)
-She also takes them to other homes of the invisnanny's family (all lies)
-She told LE she was looking for Caylee herself (lie), she was out partying, buying bras, beer, clothes, etc from stolen money
-She lied to all her friends as to Caylee's whereabouts (with the nanny at the beach, Universal, on and on)
-She lied each and every time CA/GA asked to speak to Caylee

...the list could go on forever.

The problem isn't Casey being a liar about trivial things, it's what she lied about that's huge. CA/GA may be able to get away with twisting the truth to a reporter but the SA won't let that slip by. They'll be ready and waiting for Cindy's spin.

IMO

This deserves recognition, more than a mere Thanks and a repeat post.....

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

You do have to place those 'lies' that CA dismisses into the correct context, KC "tells one lie after another while they're trying to find HER missing child"

IIRC I saw that one of CA's coworkers was on the prosecution's witness list to testify regarding the "dead body" statement. I think that Cindy told coworkers about the dead body smell when she returned to work the day they retrieved the car. If this is true, she won't be able to defend it as a benign comment to get the police to the house.

Outstanding point to make! :thumb:
You have a great memory......thank you!!

I watched the interview online today. This is what gets me about Cindy trying to walk back her "dead body" statement. It's like saying this..............

"Oh my god, I haven't seen my Dad in a month. I just found my Mom and she says that a Big Irish Man came in and stabbed him in the heart. I looked in the living room and it was covered in blood and Dad was gone. I'm a nurse, I know what blood is and my husband used to be a cop...he knows blood too"

And the cops find the room covered in blood.

And then, changed to, "Mom and Dad had been arguing. Mom made pasta with red sauce and Dad dropped his plate on the floor. It wasn't blood, it was red sauce. And Dad is not gone, he went to Italy. I just said it was blood to get the cops here to ummmmm verify Dad's plane ticket for Mom."

It is indeed crazy on its face.

She is sooooo lying! Cindy may try to minimize her "dead body in the damn car" statement in public but she won't be able to do it on the stand.

She called her supervisor from Gentiva on the night of July 15 and this is what she said:

Cynthia said, "Oh my God Debbie, if something happened to the baby or if the baby's dead, I don't know what I'm going to do!"

Well , as we all have seen , Cindy figured out what to do ... make money off of the death of a grandchild.
I wonder ....had someone else been arrested , would the Anthony's have still used the death as a means to make money ? I think yes...and Casey would have been right there on tv with them.
Would they have gone on tv to defend the person accused ? Yeah , right LOL
I also wonder why they think they or their daughter is entitled to more rights than any other family who has a person in jail in Florida ?
I wonder about a lot of things in this case..one thing I don't wonder about though is that Caylee is the one who needs justice.
She does not get a chance to go on tv and tell her story , or sit in a jail cell and be pampered by her lawyers. She died and was tossed away like trash.
As far as I am concerned , Caylee is the ONLY one entitled.

So where was Caylee in all of this? :waitasec: Do they remember her? You know, GA & CA, that beautiful little girl that used to run around your house giving smiles and hugs? Remember her? We do.

I just want to thank all of you who were able to watch the Anthony's on GMA this morning. I can't stomach it and appreciate all the updates. I just don't understand? Do they not understand that this is the anniversary of Caylee's death? That this day isn't about her murderer but the beautiful, innocent baby that was murdered? :furious:

LolaMoon, if GA/CA didn't make Caylee's own memorial about her, they won't make any appearance in front of the media about Caylee either. These two parents, (and I use the term "parents" loosely), are un-believable! Cindy is as big a narcissist as her murderess daughter. The Anthony's are the "ME" family.

And talk about softball questions and comments from A. Banfield! :rolleyes: Has Ashley had a brain transplant? Geesh! Why do these two continue getting on TV and saying the same lies every time?

BTW...Cindy...you need to go clothes shopping. Moo moo does nothing for ya! :furious::furious:

George had his weirdo facial expressions on him too! :furious: Guess he is now romancing that microscope again! :furious:

I better stop posting before I get a TO...:furious::furious::furious:

As much as people have commented about the "softball" questions in the interview and the lack of "probing" questions, one must only look as far as the names of those responsible for the interview.

One name in particular will be very familiar (KF). Think "dinner" at the Ritz).....
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5293538&postcount=4

In this day and age it is very hard to find organically neutral media. Neutral media will die on the vine without landing hot stories.

Why would a media outlet (that has proven loyal to the family) suddenly ask the "hard" questions?

I liked the end of the clip with Ashley B. and the other commentator - her name escaped me - and the last line of that clip is - yes, and some very incriminating evidence. And they both nod.

Nuff said. Had to do the powder puff interview, but both of them knew it was a farce. I just don't think it was the "soft" interview everyone else did. If you watch them, the answers from George and Cindy are left dangling in the air - there is no affirmation after it by the commentator. It's almost as if she is saying - "viewers, do you believe this?" She leaves two beats of space and goes on to the next softball question. Interesting technique.

They need a real PR person. A REAL one. BC must be bone weary of babysitting their appearances. JMO.

Not so bone weary that BC doesn't take every opportunity to get his mug on TV every time they get their mugs on TV.

Trouble is, he isn't doing himself any favors by representing them. NeJame has more class in his pinkie than BC has in his whole body! :furious:

Another chance at a hit for Caylee's justice and another miss!! When will G&C ever learn?:snooty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vymocycy