Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not record the "chit chat" between the host and guests as it's the same stuff over and over again.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZWO1wcLc5U[/ame]

I wonder if he has been able to wash the clothes that he was wearing when captured. Are they provided with soap, toilet paper, toothbrushes and toothpaste? Are they able to shave? Do all of the above have to come out of private funds. I expect that his new bbf will be sharing his motherload with Joran. I'm anxious to see if Anita really will be arriving today. That was reported last week and she never showed up.

They don't provide those things in the U.S., inmates have to purchase those from their accounts. I seriously doubt that Peru provides them.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/06/17/2010-06-17_joran_van_der_sloot_well_talk_to_you_about_natalee_holloway_aruban_authorities_s.html

Awaiting trial for the murder of a 21-year-old woman found with her neck broken at a Lima hotel last month, the Dutch playboy's new best friend is a convicted Colombian assassin, Hugo Trujillo, dubbed "The Clown."

When they aren't in Trujillo's cell watching TV, the pair trade stories and play cards, a prison official told NBC's "Today" show.

"The Clown" has even given his new cellmate his own nickname - "Psychopath."

Even the news reports can't agree. Is he having a great time? Or is he isolated and miserable? :waitasec:

They don't provide those things in the U.S., inmates have to purchase those from their accounts. I seriously doubt that Peru provides them.

Do you have a link to indicate that inmates in US prisons and jail are not supplied soap etc.?

I'm beginning to think there is no "Joran going out for coffee" video and he just picked up two empty cups that he had in his room. If that is so, what is with the report that Jean C. gave last week that there were two full containers of coffee found in his room and an earlier report that there was one container with coffee residue found. I think these reporters should be taken to task for inaccurate reporting which is nothing more than gossip and rumor. NG is the worst offender of all. If I were Peru, I wouldn't go too far out of my way to assist Aruba in their investigation. Aruba did nothing 5 years ago to get a dangerous predator off the streets (and those who assisted him). As for NH, she is dead and gone, at the bottom of the ocean, and will never be recovered. The sad fact is that Beth, Dave and Tim Miller need to close the book and stop the useless searching. This is all about Stephany and her murder in Peru and the criminal prosecution of her killer in Peru. Peru will see to it that he receives all that is coming to him.

I would imagine that is easier said than done. I don't know that I would be able to stop searching for my child. Regardless, if others saw it as useless or not, if I thought there might be a chance of finding her I would search.

Do you have a link to indicate that inmates in US prisons and jail are not supplied soap etc.?

No, I don't have a link. I live it. I have to supply my brother with money so that he can purchase those supplies.

I wonder if he has been able to wash the clothes that he was wearing when captured. Are they provided with soap, toilet paper, toothbrushes and toothpaste? Are they able to shave? Do all of the above have to come out of private funds. I expect that his new bbf will be sharing his motherload with Joran. I'm anxious to see if Anita really will be arriving today. That was reported last week and she never showed up.

If what we have been told is true, (having to buy decent food, etc) I would think either Anita or someone sent by her will show up - if not today, soon. We have been told he is eating well, watching TV, playing cards, etc. and then told that this is not true. I think any Mother would want to insure that her son was getting at least what is needed to survive awaiting the outcome of the trial. I also feel Anita may have been a victim of the men in that family - and gosh, they keep on giving.

la_cavalière;5301714 said:
Isn't that special that Joran has a buddy? According to the Today report, he moves his mattress into the Columbia hitman's cell during the day and they watch TV, play cards and swap stories. They even have nicknames for each other: "Psychopath" and "Hitman." He is also apparently eating well and showers daily.

Yeah, I was surprised about the daily showers. It appears to me that Peruvian officials are going out of their way to make life easier for Joran because they know the eyes of the world are on them now. The last thing they need right now is for some do-gooders to scream inhumane treatment before he ever goes to trial. After the trial, I'd be willing to bet they'll see to it that Joran gets to "enjoy" all the "amenities" offered by their prisons.

Not all inmates have family to provide them with money.

No, they don't. And those are the ones I feel sorry for. They have to trade or fight for their stuff. I consider it a scam. A bar of soap is $5, I could buy 12 for that price. A pair of underwear is $5 but when they are transferred they can't take but the pair they have on with them. I consider that stealing. I paid for thsoe underwear, yet they keep them. When my brother was arrested, we didn't know anything about money on their books. Once we found out, we put money on his books. He had to sit two weeks in the same clothes without soap, toothbrush or toothpaste because we didn't get the money on the books in time. He was detoxing, sweating like a pig...imagine that smell.

Inmates without money seem to be able to apply for an "indigent" package to provide their necessary needs.

They are eligible for an indigent package. The indigent package contains soap, toothpaste, a razor and writing materials, and is available per request, on a weekly basis.
http://fcle.org/Sheriff/Bureaus/Detention.htm

Under Personal Cleanliness
Also has an "indigent" program.
http://www.ingham.org/sh/pdf/inmateguide.pdf

Indigent inmates shall be provided the necessary personal hygiene items and writing material.
http://www.butlersheriff.org/divisions/corrections/corrections_inmate_info.htm

No, they don't. And those are the ones I feel sorry for. They have to trade or fight for their stuff. I consider it a scam. A bar of soap is $5, I could buy 12 for that price. A pair of underwear is $5 but when they are transferred they can't take but the pair they have on with them. I consider that stealing. I paid for thsoe underwear, yet they keep them. When my brother was arrested, we didn't know anything about money on their books. Once we found out, we put money on his books. He had to sit two weeks in the same clothes without soap, toothbrush or toothpaste because we didn't get the money on the books in time. He was detoxing, sweating like a pig...imagine that smell.

I understand, and all I was requesting was something indicating that "inmates are not provided with soap etc.? "

Interesting that Joran is acclimating quickly. I remember during the Scott Peterson case that it was also reported he acclimated quickly upon reaching San Quintin & it was also reported that this is a trait common to sociopaths.

Michelle K, the NBC reporter in Peru for the Today show, also states that Anita will be arriving in Peru today. Wonder if that will really happen? There's just so much information flying around that it's hard to know what to believe.

In prison, a sociopath no longer has the hard work of trying to approximate normal human emotions and reactions. He is among his own kind, so to speak. He doesn't have to hide who and what he is. or, perhaps, if he is still playing the "I am normal game," he 's pretty sure that the others around him are aware of his "real self." Joran also no longer has the worry of what he will do to make a living or how to get the gratification he is seeking. The world is far more contained and manageable. That's not saying Joran or other inmates prefer prison, but there are reasons why so many keep going back--even when they hate it. it's a manageable world for people without the REAL skills to work and play well with others.

However, for innocent people who get convicted and people who are not sociopaths but just make terrible mistakes or bad judgments, prison must be pure he'll on earth.

Inmates without money seem to be able to apply for an "indigent" package to provide their necessary needs.

They are eligible for an indigent package. The indigent package contains soap, toothpaste, a razor and writing materials, and is available per request, on a weekly basis.
http://fcle.org/Sheriff/Bureaus/Detention.htm

Under Personal Cleanliness
Also has an "indigent" program.
http://www.ingham.org/sh/pdf/inmateguide.pdf

Indigent inmates shall be provided the necessary personal hygiene items and writing material.
http://www.butlersheriff.org/divisions/corrections/corrections_inmate_info.htm

I guess that is where the excess money goes that I have to pay for underwear and soap.

Not all inmates have family to provide them with money.

Hiya Patty G!

In re: to your post, you are precisely right. If you are on (what we call in Illinois Penal sys 'indigent status') you are given the generic, trial-sized (and quite frankly, bare-bones version) of the daily necessities: Bar soap, small powdered detergent, scratchy wool blanket and thin, itchy sheets. While many of the inmates grumble (and file a plethora of 'grievances') over the fact that they make such piddling wages at their in-facility job, or have no family to help them pay for their needs, I think the State's assistance in providing these items should be considered (moo) a godsend for these inmates. I'm very well-versed in the penal system here, as I have volunteered and worked in the system on and off for ten years, and conversely, two very close friends have ended up there: I do send them magazines and about $50 a year to assist them, so I appreciate McDraw's POV) but YMMV in other cities, let alone countries.

Now, if you DO have some 'money on your books' from family in the 'real world', you can order all the amenities from Commissary (sp?) that one could want, including a TV which is entirely see-through (a la 1980s clear-boxed electronic fad), and it costs $200 (or it did about a year ago, I should say.) Laundry soap, basic shaving cream and lotion and such, are all available at very reasonable prices: I'd estimate all the junk my DH uses daily, would cost an inmate about $25 a month incarcerated.

(Note: Off-topic, but while en route to my sister's house in Bolingbrook, Illinois last night, from the Southside of Chicago, I accidentally took the scenic route (got lost) and passed two landmarks that remind me of Drew Peterson: Statesville in Joliet.....
and Drew's house. Wish the two were synonymous.)

O/T I would guess Casey qualifies for the indigent package. I am sure that if she is entitled she will take it and at Cindy and George's urging. Anything to further burden the taxpayers of FL.

This may shock and amaze you.

I call this:

The many similarites between Joran Van Der Sloot and his jail-mate Columbian hitman Hugo Trujillo Ospina.

Both have allegedly killed more than once, both specialize allegedly in killing females. Both have left plenty of incriminating evidence at the crime scene, both have been accused of killing women in several foreign countries, both actually advertise their services on the internet!

Yes, while Joran touts his poker playing, Ospina actually offered his hitman services online!

Ospina's latest arrest, you may know, was for killing Peruvian businesswoman, Myriam Fefer, at the request of her own daughter and her female lover, Liliana Castro. Ospina is suspected of previously killing Argentinian Nora Dalmasso. Ospina allegedly left his DNA under Fefer's fingernails which led to his extradition to Peru. Similar evidence was involved in Dalmasso' case.

Ospina also has extortion in common with Joran. Ospina extorted an attorney for $1,000 in exchange for not killing him.

link:
http://www.cronicaviva.com.pe/content/view/114570/31/

Google will translate it, if you paste in the url.

P.S:
Differences: Ospina did not utter a word to authorities upon his arrest and extradition to Peru. Joran can learn much from him. If he can just tolerate giving up his addictions. But a little too late for Joran now. Assuming one doesn't kill the other, they could be best of friends, ya think?

Will Joran brag to Ospina/Clown/Hitman the truth about Natalee & Stephany?
Just like Joran bragged to schoolmates that he killed his dog after he was found out...

I have a brother in prison in W. Va. He gets an allotment of certain items, the rest we send money for. Also we pay for t.v.:s, radios and anything else they will let him have. But he does get soap, toilet paper and more in the allotment.

BBM, SNIPPED FOR SPACE
Hiya Patty G!

In re: to your post, you are precisely right. If you are on (what we call in Illinois Penal sys 'indigent status') you are given the generic, trial-sized (and quite frankly, bare-bones version) of the daily necessities: Bar soap, small powdered detergent, scratchy wool blanket and thin, itchy sheets........SNIPPED

I'm very well-versed in the penal system here, as I have volunteered and worked in the system on and off for ten years, and conversely, two very close friends have ended up there: I do send them magazines and about $50 a year to assist them, so I appreciate McDraw's POV) but YMMV in other cities, let alone countries.
Re-reading my post, I wanted to clarify the bolded portion: The two friends, I have known since I was a toddler, grew up in the same tough neighborhood and drifted apart during the dangerous years - drugs and guns and gangs came into theirs, and I stayed away. When they reached out to me (post-conviction) when we were about 21 (eight years ago) we re-connected and I try to help them out as much as I can. I didn't want anyone to think I have a motley crew of felonious friends :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member