Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
re the killing of the dog:

five years ago I belonged to a NH forum where many arubans posted and one in particular had a post count in the 1000s. her location was verified by the forum admin and, in addition, the link to her aruban blog was included in her sig line so her R/L identity was well known. let's call this poster "A"

A's mother has a cousin who was a former gov't official and a peripheral part of the investigation. let's call the cousin "B"

B has a grandson who was a classmate of JvdS. JvdS killed his dog and put the blame on B's grandson. B's extended family was livid and threatened to go to the Polis and file a complaint, which caused JvdS to admit that he had killed his dog and thrown the remains into the Moko pond (near the VdS home)

this dog-killing situation was commented on by other aruban posters at that forum as well, because it was common knowledge in their circle

the quote "killing animals is the least of his problems" came from another aruban at that forum, who was making small talk w/ a staff member at the mental health clinic where JvdS was undergoing anger management counseling (and this second poster's daughter was also receiving counseling, hence the chit chat w/ the staff)

no media links and perhaps not helpful in terms of validity, but FWIW that's how it went down

I've been searching online for the answer to this question and can't find anything...so I'm thinking that they just end up in prison along with all the other criminals - insane or not. Regardless, Joran would not qualify to be judged criminally insane, even having a mental illness is not usually enough, and psychopathy is a personality disorder, not even a mental illness.

Unfortunately Joran knew the nature and quality of his acts....as proven by him high-tailing it out of the country.

There must be some type of insanity plea in Peru. Why else would the judge ask for results of psychological testing at VDS's first court appearance on Mon.

There must be some type of insanity plea in Peru. Why else would the judge ask for results of psychological testing at VDS's first court appearance on Mon.

Yeah, there probably is I was looking for asylums for the criminally insane, or information on what happened with the criminally insane and came up short, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Honestly tho, he hasn't got a leg to stand on if that's the direction he's going in...not going to 'get off' on insanity, I think its a non-issue.

The insanity plea was what came to my mind when Joran answered that he was "sick in the head". I don't believe he was referring to headache, but something to what he thinks is to his advantage. He may know that he's messed up and will use it to what he is sane enough to realize might work for him.

Joran: "I'm framed '

Joran van der Sloot said false promises by the Peruvian police force him to sign a confession, encouraged it. Dutchman accused of the murder stated this yesterday during an exclusive interview with De Telegraaf in the infamous Castro Castro prison in Lima.

"I was scared during the interrogation and confused and wanted to leave,"

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/7002855/__Joran___Ik_ben_erin_geluisd___.html?sn=binnenland

"I'm tricked into," says Van der Sloot on the murder of Stephanie Flores. "How exactly all this is gone, I'll tell you later," said Van der Sloot.

...IN other words....I haven't quite worked out how I am going to worm my way out of this one yet, but once I have I'll tell you about 10 different versions until one of them 'sticks'...

and.....

The Dutchman tells that during the night through a rat in his cell toiletgat crawl.

Well now this sounds to me like he's complaining that during the night a rat crawled up through the toilet hole.

Oh, sorry, were you looking for sympathy?

Oooh OUCH...I translated the dutch comments underneath that story and they are even more scathing than we are!

"I'm tricked into," says Van der Sloot on the murder of Stephanie Flores. "How exactly all this is gone, I'll tell you later," said Van der Sloot.

...IN other words....I haven't quite worked out how I am going to worm my way out of this one yet, but once I have I'll tell you about 10 different versions until one of them 'sticks'...

and.....

The Dutchman tells that during the night through a rat in his cell toiletgat crawl.

Well now this sounds to me like he's complaining that during the night a rat crawled up through the toilet hole.

Well. we should not be surprised. Wonder how many other fairy tales Joran will spout.
Yep, he had a nightly visitor in the form of a rat. Not surprising , since the hole is connected to the sewer. Guess the rat was visiting his close relative.

mck16, You had a very kind post and I think most on this board would agree that they believe in forgiveness and 2nd chances. The thing is, there are consequences also. He may be forgiven by everyone and Our Father in Heaven, but he still must face the consequences. And his happens to be in a prison in Peru.

When it was mentioned about the insane being in prisons here and in Peru, I remembered thinking long ago how sad that unwanted children or ones with handicaps other than mental were often thrown in mental hospitals and spent their lives there. Yes, the insane are in prisons, there are people who could be helped locked away but I have no power to change that and it grieves me terribly. But, we have to trust in our maker and know he will make things right.

Anita says "My son is sick in his head". Joran was scheduled for treatment in a mental institution but took off for Peru instead.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/20/joran-van-der-sloot-menta_n_618625.html

She fails to mention or acknowledge: he had just extorted $25k from Beth Holloway and needed to skip town to avoid the FBI agents waiting papers
in Aruba so they could arrest him in Aruba! I wonder if somebody tipped
him off? The date of the poker tournament in Peru intersects with his
well timed extortion. The only therapy Joran had in mind was extortion
and poker, and then murder, and then escaping the police, and now escaping prison !

Prior to everything in Peru, Joran's supporters have publically maintained
his sanity. Now that an actual defense is required they move to ... he's
always been mentally ill, except nobody who could did anything about it. How does parents giving a 15th year mentally disturbed person his own apartment and funds to gamble (and who knows what else) qualify as being concerned about his emotional stability? This sudden late night conversion about Joran's mental health won't mean anything in Peru or
in the USA either, because, Joran has demonstrated he has the capacity to make rational
decisions and knows right from wrong - he just choses to do wrong thinking he can beat
all other players in the game of right vrs wrong. They are grasping at straws. Joran is going to stay in prisons for a long time to come no matter what defense is given and whether sane or insane or anything else. Thus goeth her "sporter" who she said was sane and only a "sporter".

Joran: "I'm framed '

Joran van der Sloot said false promises by the Peruvian police force him to sign a confession, encouraged it. Dutchman accused of the murder stated this yesterday during an exclusive interview with De Telegraaf in the infamous Castro Castro prison in Lima.

"I was scared during the interrogation and confused and wanted to leave,"

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/7002855/__Joran___Ik_ben_erin_geluisd___.html?sn=binnenland

LOL, now old Joran is finding out what the REAL WORLD is really about. He made statement after statement in Aruba on the Holloway case, but he always refused to sign them.

IIRC, there was a {confession} and he'd lead them to the body the next day. Oh..............wait! it turned into a misunderstanding! :croc:

Good grief! It doesn't work that way here Joran. You should have known that. Ooopsss....:slap:

Maybe he'll save some of his yummy food for his little {rat} friend. At least then he wouldn't come up to him and start gnawing on his toes! :angel:

Ok, I'm being mean.....sorry, can't feel a tear here. At least not for HIM!

Perhaps sorrow and compassion for the victims, Stephany and Natalee and their families,......................Joran, not so much.:behindbars:

JMHO
fran

He noticed the cameras in the hotel...How was he going to get her out? in a suitcase? he'd Cary 115-130 pound as if it its normal weight?
He would get the porters dolly to roll the suitcase out?
That would alert the cashier and they would get into the room and see evidence....

NO ....
He was not going to carry her out. he knew he was trapped.

He wanted to know if he can swim and find his way to a near by boarder.
I think....Taking her out of the room would be too risky.
---------------------
Several threads back I mentioned that he may have thought about dismembering her body (Colton Pitonyak case). If so, I wonder if he tried to drag her body by her hair (since it was undone), or by another means to the shower/bath, etc. then had second thoughts.

She fails to mention or acknowledge: he had just extorted $25k from Beth Holloway and needed to skip town to avoid the FBI agents waiting papers
and poker, and then murder, and then escaping the police, and now escaping prison !

Prior to everything in Peru, Joran's supporters have publically maintained
his sanity. Now that an actual defense is required they move to ... he's
always been mentally ill, except nobody who could did anything about it. How does parents giving a 15th year mentally disturbed person his own apartment and funds to gamble (and who knows what else) qualify as being concerned about his emotional stability? This sudden late night conversion about Joran's mental health won't mean anything in Peru or
in the USA either, because, Joran has demonstrated he has the capacity to make rational
decisions and knows right from wrong - he just choses to do wrong thinking he can beat
all other players in the game of right vrs wrong. They are grasping at straws. Joran is going to stay in prisons for a long time to come no matter what defense is given and whether sane or insane or anything else. Thus goeth her "sporter" who she said was sane and only a "sporter".

I agree with you and ABSOLUTELY think that his planned trip to a mental institution, and actual trip to Peru were to avoid the trouble coming his way for the extortion attempt, and also believe he was tipped off. He also had $25k burning a hole in his pocket so away he went. He is going down in the biggest way and if he decides to accellerate the downhill trajectory by spinning this 'poor me, I'm mental' BS then so be it.

We all saw the '1 boy 2 cups' vid Joran, is the most damning video of a perp I have ever seen, and you my friend are 'for it'!

and.....

But, but... he's askeered! He just wants to go home.
cry.gif

Retraction has always worked for him before. I especially love the "I'll tell ya later" bit.

Oh... and maybe he should start eyeing that rat as dinner. That may be all he gets if he ends up in someplace like like Lurigancho.

(I thought I'd linked the translated link, sorry.)

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraaf.nl%2Fbinnenland%2F7002855%2F__Joran___Ik_ben_erin_geluisd___.html%3Fsn%3Dbinnenland&sl=nl&tl=en

respectfully snipped

Just wanted to say welcome back, jwarner! You were missed. :blowkiss: Great post, as usual.

Thought I'd post this now before I lose it. My first 14 years were spent working State Hospitals in mental health. I started in neurological and criminally insane. Anything I say about it would be only my opinion but I learned alot in those 14 years. Found this while searching Peru mental health.

If VDS gets sent to Lurigancho, here's more for him. BTW: Funding is a huge issue in the USA also. It wont surprise me if it isn't the same for Castro Castro.

Drug-resistant TB in Peru

"Peru’s overcrowded Lurigancho Prison has become a breeding ground for drug-resistant tuberculosis (TB). The spread of the disease is propelled by the close living conditions of the 11,000 inmates in a building designed to hold 2,000. In response, the International Committee of the Red Cross has introduced laboratory facilities and health staff into the prison to better identify and treat the illness. Insufficient funding, continuous exposure to the infection and unhealthy living conditions make the standard treatments for TB ineffectual. Few patients are able to complete the lengthy and difficult course of treatment required to cure tougher strains of TB."

Link

http://www.focal.ca/publications/focalpoint/fp1009/?lang=e&article=news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members