Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got to watch the National Geo. episode last night (that we DVR'ed) which showed one prison in Mexico City and the other in Peru.

I had wondered if all prisons in Peru were set up like that one with Pavillions, and an inmate overseer (boss) in each one. Just curious.

I wonder which prison (is it all of them) the pavillion for the non-citizens of Peru that we had heard reported on and which I can't remember the name of at this moment is like?

I am thinking this while assuming that JVDS will survive his sentence. There would be no need to be curious if I say to myself oh he's going to be killed...and soon.

Watching that show, made me wonder if indeed he will be singled out and targeted immediately. I'm not so sure now. He murdered a Peruvian young lady this is true, but the prison system there seems to be very different from here and I'm not sure of the heirarchy of the inmates there.

Just some thoughts and things I'm curious about after seeing the Peru prison.

I think the question might be: Was he ever a judge that presided over any cases. In the U.S., most judges are required to have some training before taking the bench, but they are called judges the minute they are appointed or elected. So, it might be that he could properly use the title, but after completing training (which was in the middle of the NH case IIRC), never sat to hear cases because of the NH incident/arrest.

someone will correct me here if my memory is off but I believed he failed the test ( for the third time? ) and couldn't take it again, thus the training part probably stopped.

and I thought he sat for the test just prior to the NH case, in April/May of that year?

snipped

Tilburg

Van der Sloot (53) got his legal education at the University of Tilburg in the seventies. He co-founded the Legal Faculty Association Tilburg and also the faculty newspaper ‘Nondejure'. After he finished his studies he did not went to work for the government, but assisted citizens that had conflicts with the government. It was in that period in Arnhem, where he met a woman Anita (teacher of Artistic Formation) and it was also there were Joran and Valentijn, two of his three suns, were born.

New job

In 1991 Paul van der Sloot thought it was the time for a new job and he found one in Aruba where he was appointed for five year as a lawyer for the Aruban government. The ministers there were not impressed with his stance „I always first try to find a compromise. By simply prosecuting nobody gets wiser. If the authorities do something wrong I will always admit that. You must never interpret the facts differently then what they are. I am convinced that on the long run this will give better results“, According to Van der Sloot in an interview ten years ago in the Brabants Dagblad.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/06/paul_van_der_sl_1.html

Well I hope so!!!! Even though I think it would be nice to offer him a place to sleep under the stars.....ON THE STREETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO PASSPORT/POLICE PROTECTION..... let the vigilante justice begin... oh well on my thinking... its just MO :twocents: why on earth should he be scared??? How does he think when Stephany looked/was up at his mug? ..

dont understaNd those who think its ok to kill.. but are scared to die And all of a sudden they plead RIGHTS>???....

"Well, I'm all broken up about that man's rights."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y-_-6sxXRI[/ame]

Callahan on policy...​

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfgRwmGwNuo&feature=related[/ame]

I found another discrepancy in the reporting of this case. It probably has no bearing in the overall picture, but I just hate it when the facts don't gel!!

A report from the main newspaper in Chile states "... the young foreigner was arrested at the height of Curacaví while traveling in a rental car to the capital , coming from Viña del Mar, in which he was staying in a guesthouse." He was captured on Thurs., June 3.

All other reports we've seen to-date say that he was traveling from Santiago by taxi...ugh!!!

http://www.emol.com/noticias/nacional/detalle/detallenoticias.asp?idnoticia=416897

This same newspaper also reported that the police returned with him to Viña del Mar "where he [had] spent Wednesday night, to seize [his] clothes and electronic species, but the measure [was] not successful, because the detainee forgot the address of the place where he slept."

http://www.emol.com/noticias/nacional/detalle/detallenoticias.asp?idnoticia=417128

These reports don't agree with VDS's confession, but do somewhat agree to what he told the PLE ... that he left his credit cards, etc. in his hotel in Chile.

My inclination is to believe the Chilean news reports since that's where it happened.

I found another discrepancy in the reporting of this case. It probably has no bearing in the overall picture, but I just hate it when the facts don't gel!!

A report from the main newspaper in Chile states "... the young foreigner was arrested at the height of Curacaví while traveling in a rental car to the capital , coming from Viña del Mar, in which he was staying in a guesthouse." He was captured on Thurs., June 3.

All other reports we've seen to-date say that he was traveling from Santiago by taxi...ugh!!!

http://www.emol.com/noticias/nacional/detalle/detallenoticias.asp?idnoticia=416897

This same newspaper also reported that the police returned with him to Viña del Mar "where he [had] spent Wednesday night, to seize [his] clothes and electronic species, but the measure [was] not successful, because the detainee forgot the address of the place where he slept."

http://www.emol.com/noticias/nacional/detalle/detallenoticias.asp?idnoticia=417128

These reports don't agree with VDS's confession, but do somewhat agree to what he told the PLE ... that he left his credit cards, etc. in his hotel in Chile.

My inclination is to believe the Chilean news reports since that's where it happened.

the problem is in the translation, a "hired" car, cab, be called a rental- " but a "rented" car is not the same as a rental car. I haven't seen anything saying he rented a car, just that he took S car and ditched it 50 blocks away, and then got a cab.

I can't find a source for this immediately but per Sloot( probably in his declaration ) he stayed on the couch of a friend's in chile, someone he met there, Again, his words but no proof of a friend at this point, name, hotel or otherwise. So he didn't know ( per him) where his other belongings are.

this hasn't come back up recently but it is sure to be covered at some point in the future, whether or not he stayed with a friend and where he dyed his hair, etc,

I hope you get the gist of what I'm saying, in Latin America a hired driver is a rented car, but not a rental car.

snipped

We arrived at around half past five and went to my room to play poker at my laptop. At one point I opened my mailbox and saw a message: "I'll murder you, mongooltje", referring to the Holloway case. I started with Stephany Flores to talk about the case. I explained that I was five years ago was arrested, I was suspicious of the disappearance of the girl. That was half hours after we had entered Room 309.

As I said, she hit me on my head with her left fist. I reacted impulsively by a blow with my right elbow to give precisely on her nose. There was blood everywhere. She seemed half unconscious. I was so angry that I had with both hands grabbed at her throat and strangled her, one minute long. Then I realized what I was doing.

I got up thinking what to do. There was also blood on my shirt and on the bed. When I took my shirt and I pushed it hard on her face, until she was dead. Then I thought: now what? I left the hotel but the receptionist told me I had to move the car. I went back to room 309. I wanted to flee the hotel. I grabbed my two bags and I drove away with the car. I do not remember where. I have about five minutes driving around. Then I took a taxi to the international airport "Jorge Chavez". Then I thought that I better not by plane could go. I took a taxi to the other side of town, at a bus terminal.

As I packed for 600 soles a taxi to another town whose name I do not remember. Since I took another taxi for 500 soles to Nazca. In Nazca someone drove me 100 soles to the following cities. When we arrived I talked with the taxi driver about the murder of Stephany Flores. "I have committed murder, I want out of Peru ," I said. "Wait for the next city," he replied. Once there, he said: "My friends are not now, maybe it's better if you have a bus takes." "You told me you would bring me to Arica , please do that too," I said back. The driver: "Slowly, we're going to eat something."

We did that and then came his friends turn. They asked $ 1,500 for the trip. I agreed. I had at that time only $ 500 cash in his pocket. I said I would pin the rest from an ATM. We left in a white mini van, but said the move wegpolitie our papers. The drivers then advised me to throw away a bag. I threw my briefcase beige sport away.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...r-sloots-confession-read-entire-document-here

according to the Geraldo interview in June, about the same time as the article I snipped from a Dutch article published in the NL where he had never heard a case as a judge, he was interviewing for a position in Aruba that was not a judge position. He failed the test prior, IIRC, to the incident with Natalee and at that point was not a judge in training any longer.

I wish I remembered the date of the test, April, I am almost sure of, and in June it is reported he is applying for something other than a judges position, as I understood it at the time.

To me this means he was not a judge anytime during the Holloway incident. When he failed the test it was all over.

I finally got to watch the National Geo. episode last night (that we DVR'ed) which showed one prison in Mexico City and the other in Peru.

I had wondered if all prisons in Peru were set up like that one with Pavillions, and an inmate overseer (boss) in each one. Just curious.

I wonder which prison (is it all of them) the pavillion for the non-citizens of Peru that we had heard reported on and which I can't remember the name of at this moment is like?

I am thinking this while assuming that JVDS will survive his sentence. There would be no need to be curious if I say to myself oh he's going to be killed...and soon.

Watching that show, made me wonder if indeed he will be singled out and targeted immediately. I'm not so sure now. He murdered a Peruvian young lady this is true, but the prison system there seems to be very different from here and I'm not sure of the heirarchy of the inmates there.

Just some thoughts and things I'm curious about after seeing the Peru prison.

I hope he lives long enough to confess about Natalee.

snipped-

In an anecdote that illustrated the insular world of Aruba, Justice Minister Croes said Paul van der Sloot had recently visited him in his office after failing to become a judge, apparently seeking a position in Croes' department. Van der Sloot had also taught the justice minister's daughter.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160699,00.html

snipped-

In an anecdote that illustrated the insular world of Aruba, Justice Minister Croes said Paul van der Sloot had recently visited him in his office after failing to become a judge, apparently seeking a position in Croes' department. Van der Sloot had also taught the justice minister's daughter.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160699,00.html

Very interesting. So it looks like he never did become a judge... Good find!

Since JVS has a problem with women, it will be very interesting to see how he controls
himself with a woman lawyer, DA, judge.
I do wonder if in the audience if Stephany's and Natalee's mom's will attend.
And his reaction to them and his own mother.

Link

Judge rejects Van der Sloot's unlawful detention motion

By the CNN Wire Staff
June 27, 2010 2:27 p.m. EDT

Lima, Peru -- A superior court judge in Lima, Peru, upheld the confession and incarceration of Joran van der Sloot in connection with the killing of Stefany Flores, officials said.

On Friday, Judge Wilder Casique Alvizuri declared as "unfounded" van der Sloot's habeas corpus claim that his constitutional rights were violated at the time of the confession because he was represented by a state-appointed attorney. Van der Sloot also claimed that his laptop had been improperly searched.

:woohoo: :dance::loser:
bumping so it doesn't get lost

Very interesting. So it looks like he never did become a judge... Good find!
If you noticed that article is dated FIVE YEARS AGO TO THE DAY!
You must be feeling the same deja vu I'm feeling :)

Since JVS has a problem with women, it will be very interesting to see how he controls
himself with a woman lawyer, DA, judge.
I do wonder if in the audience if Stephany's and Natalee's mom's will attend.
And his reaction to them and his own mother.

Looks like the Holloway's lawyer in Peru is female.

Alright, the msnbc 20/20 reporting I saw tonight was putting out BH's lawyer and the storyline of JVDS desperate for money. Which after his bankroll father died he had no funding source. He later contacted NH's attorney and asked for a quarter million for information leading to NH. NH's lawyer met with BH and eventually the FBI. Then BH's lawyer met JVDS on Easter when money was exchanged. NH's lawyer at one point asked JVDS well what if I don't pay you? JVDS's reply was BH could wait another 5 years to find out what happened.

Much more in between explanations but that's the drift of the reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500