• Identify if and who was in the truck

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • The FBI will make an appearance

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • Announce they think (or know) Kyron is deceased

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Exactly what LE said would happen

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • talk about the new flyer and ask whomever received one to fill it out.

Votes: 51 24.3%
  • ask for more community help and say " we can't comment to most questions"

Votes: 103 49.0%
  • No Idea

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • No comment No comment No comment Part of the investigation No comment I don't know

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • ask people to come forward if they saw anyone in Horman's car between 8:15 and 8:45

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh *snap*

I just realized that the request for community help is the Dede WANTED poster.

(I'm gonna jot this down on that thread too.)

ETA: seems they've already figured that out over on the dede wanted poster thread... :)

I would very much like to hear that the school board has moved into the 21st century and installed cameras in the school.
I think we'll hear ahhhhhhhh, well, I hope we hear something that moves this case forward.

What happened? Not that long ago, people saw enough evidence for probable cause to arrest and charge Terri. If it existed just that short time ago, it would still exist now.

Again, what happened? Why is it so different for this presser? Thoughts?

TIA

From the public's point of view, I think it's different because people are simply tired of getting their hopes up for an arrest... only to discover that LE is no closer to arresting anyone, than they were from Day One.

I think LE has been trying to get people to understand that from Day One and maybe people are finally accepting that.

I am almost certain that we will not get a "bombshell" in this press conference. If they had that "bombshell," they would hold an immediate presser. They certainly wouldn't schedule it - in advance - and hold out on it for 3 FULL DAYS. I think this will be a fairly routine press conference.

I'd find that tacky too, if I thought that's what was being done. Thing is, it's someone's house that happens to be a converted church, AND it's directly across the street from the school. The proximity to the school part, IMO is probably intentional, but I don't think there's anything churchy about the location.

Thanks! I honestly thought that it was being used for some church services. No?

Oh, Bean, yes. yes.

Teeter totter sounds more comfy than splinters, Bessie. But no way to eat ice cream!

Emma--you're right. Maybe they'll hold that flyer up and read it aloud to us. Gleep.

Like so many others, I'm weary of this. I'm frustrated. I'm angry. And I'm so tired of LE doing pressers that don't provide diddly (violating a basic rule of communication). They're eroding people's confidence in them--which is bad as school approaches. IMHO.

I just had to go play computer games for awhile and get away from this mess.

Meanwhile, where the heck is Kyron? Could someone please stop leaking the emails, coming up with sudden new guest appearances by maybe folks in trucks, and instead, get out of the clown circle in the circus and start cleaing up the poop from that really, really big elephant over there?

Color me cranky about all this.

But we know they *think* Kyron is dead or is not in immediate danger.

We do? I have only heard LE insist that they believe Kyron is alive, while they do everything that seems to prove otherwise. And Desiree clearly does not believe he is dead. That is understandable, but LE has to take a stand at some point, and if they think he has been murdered, they will have to not only say so (at some point) but somehow convince a grieving mother and father to believe it.

I finally got caught up on all the threads. Whew! When I came by here earlier, I didn't have a clue how to vote. It's obvious now that the presser will be all about the new flyer circulating in the neighborhood near Skyline Elementary. A Fox12 article claims that a tip from DeDe led to the search of a specific area included in the general search over the weekend, also near the school. LE is focused on that specific area. After more than a week of GJ hearings, it would appear that finally, they're following a solid lead.

Obviously, the help LE is asking from the community is in the form of the flyer. But they're aware that the drama has reached an anti climax, and the public is growing weary. Look how frustrated we are. Imagine having this play out at your doorstep. So to encourage cooperation, LE has promised to take questions and provide new details, according to the press release. So, I'm going out on a limb. I think a P(s)OI will be named.

We do? I have only heard LE insist that they believe Kyron is alive, while they do everything that seems to prove otherwise. And Desiree clearly does not believe he is dead. That is understandable, but LE has to take a stand at some point, and if they think he has been murdered, they will have to not only say so (at some point) but somehow convince a grieving mother and father to believe it.

Yep we do... on *their* end. No rush on the press conference. Stated Monday that it was set for Wednesday. No hurry. If there was urgency, they would have given what they have immediately. Ya would thinkkkkkkk.

Probably explain new flier and questionaire method being used..............

School at Skyline starts 2 days before Kyron's birthday.

IMO it's superior at the sheriff's office.. the church only has about 6-8 spots and is awkward to get to.

Not trying to argue, but I am curious.

I still believe they hold the press conferences at the former church (privately owned property) because they have every right to kick out anyone, for any reason. The media has been almost 100% compliant with them this whole time. That just doesn't happen.

Even when LE is announcing they found a child's body (Ethan Stacy, or recently Emmett Trapp for example) the media won't let them go, keep's asking questions, etc. The media in Kyron's case has not done that. There is a reason for that. I think that reason is because they know at any point they can be eliminated from the "team" altogether.

I am glad Gates will be at this one.

I wonder if the family will be there. We haven't heard from them since the day after the last LE press conference. Maybe they will have another one Thursday or Friday after this one?

What happened? Not that long ago, people saw enough evidence for probable cause to arrest and charge Terri. If it existed just that short time ago, it would still exist now.

TIA

sbm

The reason I don't want to be convinced they will arrest her is because if they arrest Terri, or anyone they have to charge them.

If they charge them, they have proof of a crime.

If they can prove it and they don't have Kyron...then it's not likely to be kidnapping or abuse.

I want to see her locked up, badly. But I do not want to see her charged with homicide. If I see the headline "Terri Horman charged with homicide" I may vomit right on the spot. Without finding Kyron first, I don't think she will get convicted anyway.

Nobody wants to believe he isn't alive and I don't think I could bring myself to believe that even if they had a witness, blood, a confession, a murder weapon and a crime scene. I would still be saying "but what if someone got him medical attention and he's okay?"

I am concerned that Desiree would feel the same way. I am concerned that a jury would struggle to convict someone with no body when the family still believes the homicide victim is alive.

I want to see Terri charged and convicted....but I don't want that to mean that Kyron is gone.

I know, doesn't make much sense. :(

TIA

Just before the last pc, it felt like a pressure cooker. I felt (and I believe many others did,) that there was so much pressure being put on certain people, that something HAD to snap.

Nothing happened.

I don't have my hopes up too high for this one just because I believe that who ever is responsible for this, is very cool. Cool enough to come to boards (such as this one) and post, cool enough to taunt those who would catch them, cool enough to show a very different face to the world.

The ONLY thing that will break this person (or persons) imo, is COLD hard evidence. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

I don't know if the person or persons responsible have convinced themselves that they are innocent, but...if the one(s) we have been suspecting (or at least sleuthing) are...they are of a different breed.

LE is approaching this as if, if they apply enough pressure, something will give. Perhaps they are right, but it hasn't happened yet.

*sigh*

I am also going to 'go out on a limb' and say that they just may finally name TH and possibly her bff, DS as either POI's or suspects in this case.

Sadly, I also feel they may in some way let the public know they think Kyron is in fact deceased and therefore the recent searches.

I just believe there is much more that they know than we do and probably more than just 'probable cause' at this point. The puzzle is coming together and they just need to fill in the last few pieces.

They need to FIND Kyron.

Just before the last pc, it felt like a pressure cooker. I felt (and I believe many others did,) that there was so much pressure being put on certain people, that something HAD to snap.

Nothing happened.
This is the anticlimax I mentioned in my earlier post. It's poor dramatic technique to deliver a let down to your audience before the actual climax takes place, and let's face it, this is a drama we're waiting to unfold. Real life drama, but drama just the same. LE aren't playwrights, though. It's not their job to engage an audience. To be effective, it's imperative that they proceed in their own time. I do share your frustration, though. :loser:

I don't have my hopes up too high for this one just because I believe that who ever is responsible for this, is very cool. Cool enough to come to boards (such as this one) and post, cool enough to taunt those who would catch them, cool enough to show a very different face to the world.

The ONLY thing that will break this person (or persons) imo, is COLD hard evidence. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

I don't know if the person or persons responsible have convinced themselves that they are innocent, but...if the one(s) we have been suspecting (or at least sleuthing) are...they are of a different breed.

LE is approaching this as if, if they apply enough pressure, something will give. Perhaps they are right, but it hasn't happened yet.

*sigh*
None of us wants to have our hopes dashed or be wrong again. That's why there's no big stir like the last time. LE might've been using pressure techniques esrly on, but they weren't just twiddling their thumbs. The investigation has progressed, and they now have the sworn testimony of grand jury witnesses to act on. We knew very little or nothing about DeDe at the last presser, but LE did. Now they have her face on a flyer with TH's. Maybe they refrained from moving in on TH until they could put together a case against both of them. We'll see.

OK, this is my first poll.

Let me know if it needs improving!

Here's what I think will happen:

Some WS'ers on the fence will get down on one side or the other.

Amazingly, some who've been leaning one way--nay, even dangling a foot and leg--will suddenly dismount on the other side.

Some who've previously dismounted to land on one side or the other will jump over the fence and land on the other side.

Some who've previously dismounted will climb back up, with loud lamentations.

And some will stay just where they are--either side, dismounted, or picking splinters, mounted. Also with loud lamentations.

As for the LE presser--I predict they'll ask for more community help. Other than that--who knows?

Feel free to use the write-in vote thingy.

Discuss.

You also forgot to mention that a ladder will be made available for those who need assistance in dismounting their fence posts...heeheehee! ;)

My vote:
talk about the new flyer and ask whomever received one to fill it out

does anyone remember from last night that there was info on a news site that some phones had been purchased the day Kyron disappeared and then the info went "poof"?

It was pretty quick and I didn't see it added on to here as news.

I saw that! But when we were talking about the cell phone purchases, and someone mentioned that they were bought after Kaine moved out of the house, I went back to try to find the article and it was gone. I remember the sentence..........something about the purchase of cell phones by TH's friends, "including one purchased on the day that Kyron disappeared."

I saw that! But when we were talking about the cell phone purchases, and someone mentioned that they were bought after Kaine moved out of the house, I went back to try to find the article and it was gone. I remember the sentence..........something about the purchase of cell phones by TH's friends, "including one purchased on the day that Kyron disappeared."

Here is the link I believe this started from but it was discussed in the forum that this might not be "real news" if it doesn't end up in any newscasts. The page has foxnews in the url but the post itself looks like a glorified tweet more than news reporting.
http://www.foxnewsinsider.com/2010/08/09/police-bump-up-search-for-kyron-horman/

I find it curious that they're returning to the Brooks Hill old church building for this one.
Why there, and not at the MCSO offices? Either location is about the same distance from downtown (where media offices are).

Another signal of some kind?

Back to square one :(

I think LE will be talking about the new flyer, but I think they'll also be zeroing in on the unknown person who was in the white pick-up truck at the school while Terri and Kyron were at the science fair. I think they'll tell us some of what they know about this person, and I'm hoping they can say whether it was a male or female. They're asking the public's help about this person, so they've got to provide some detail.

I think LE will be talking about the new flyer, but I think they'll also be zeroing in on the unknown person who was in the white pick-up truck at the school while Terri and Kyron were at the science fair. I think they'll tell us some of what they know about this person, and I'm hoping they can say whether it was a male or female. They're asking the public's help about this person, so they've got to provide some detail.

IMO, I don't think they'll ID them as male or female, in order to weed out reliable tips.

If they pull the same stuff on the press that they did with the last "press conference", there's going to be a revolt. So for that reason I believe we'll be fed some information, but it won't be earth-shattering or particularly helpful.

JMO

Here is the link I believe this started from but it was discussed in the forum that this might not be "real news" if it doesn't end up in any newscasts. The page has foxnews in the url but the post itself looks like a glorified tweet more than news reporting.
http://www.foxnewsinsider.com/2010/08/09/police-bump-up-search-for-kyron-horman/

This does look like a blog...............a Fox New blog. It doesn't look familiar to me. What I remember seeing was a regular newspaper article and the mention of Terri's friends buying untraceable cell phones, "including one purchased on the day Kyron disappeared."

Now, I could be confused as I've read so many articles it seems.

I would very much like to hear that the school board has moved into the 21st century and installed cameras in the school.
I think we'll hear ahhhhhhhh, well, I hope we hear something that moves this case forward.

I am sure the school district would LOOOOVE to do that as well, but right now they are looking at a $19M budget shortfall and have laid off a bunch of teachers. Where do you suggest they get the funding for this? The average age of PPS schools is 60+ years. If we were a suburb with lots of new schools, it would be no problem. But we are a city with the vast majority of schools built in the first half of the last century and most classrooms don't even have telephones that reach outside the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth