• Identify if and who was in the truck

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • The FBI will make an appearance

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • Announce they think (or know) Kyron is deceased

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Exactly what LE said would happen

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • talk about the new flyer and ask whomever received one to fill it out.

Votes: 51 24.3%
  • ask for more community help and say " we can't comment to most questions"

Votes: 103 49.0%
  • No Idea

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • No comment No comment No comment Part of the investigation No comment I don't know

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • ask people to come forward if they saw anyone in Horman's car between 8:15 and 8:45

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get your audience all ready for the climax...then it doesn't happen, they are let down.

Then, the climax happens when they have given up on it and are no longer hoping for or expecting it.

Just a thought...

now DS will become the second most hated woman in America. Even putting this out will focus intense attention on her. These two women, well, TH has weathered it well without seeming to be very upset. Let's see if her bff will do the same.

I wonder after today if she will still be smirking like when she came out of the GJ the other week? Somehow I doubt it.

I am sure the school district would LOOOOVE to do that as well, but right now they are looking at a $19M budget shortfall and have laid off a bunch of teachers. Where do you suggest they get the funding for this? The average age of PPS schools is 60+ years. If we were a suburb with lots of new schools, it would be no problem. But we are a city with the vast majority of schools built in the first half of the last century and most classrooms don't even have telephones that reach outside the school.

But...but...the parents themselves could easily put 3 simple cameras on each of the 3 (I think it was) doors.

It would cost probably less than $1,000, and only require someone with the ability to mount things on the wall and someone who can hook up electronic stuff. Really.

And just the presence of those cameras could convince a potential perp to pick an easier target in terms of crime scene.

But...but...the parents themselves could easily put 3 simple cameras on each of the 3 (I think it was) doors.

It would cost probably less than $1,000, and only require someone with the ability to mount things on the wall and someone who can hook up electronic stuff. Really.

And just the presence of those cameras could convince a potential perp to pick an easier target in terms of crime scene.

I believe in the dateline show, the reporter said 8 doors? Not sure how many are / were monitored or locked.

Yes--and this is actually something the PTO/PTA could easily sponsor, IMO...

I think this presser is for damage control because they assured the community this was an isolated incident and they have yet to arrest anyone or name a POI. School is about to start and parents, I'm sure, are getting very anxious. I think they will do their best to reassure the community, put out the new flyer, and give us a few tidbits of information that we (and everyone else with the internet) already know.

Good job on the poll Kat!

I am one of the 5 that opted for an announcement of an arrest. Here's why:

A GJ floor is cleared for public use now.
Logical and prominent people have appeared.
DY and KH have been quiet, quiet, quiet.
The leaks we've seen are enough to show motive, means and missing moments.
Th's lawyer hasn't commented, (that I've seen) about the emails, or anything, which says to me he's working on a very private client/police meeting place, he may already found one.
Grand juries indict fairly easily.

I think they will tell us what we already know from the last couple of days in MSM:

They have information suggesting there may have been another adult in TH's vehicle the day Kyron went missing. If you have any information that would help us identify this person, please call the tip line (that we may or may not respond to)

Here is a flyer we are asking members of the community to fill out.

There has been significant physical searches of areas surrounding Skyline Elementary (but we can't tell you what did/didn't find).

There has been a GJ investigation into this case. (Side note: Isn't today the last day that cameras are forbidden on the upper floors of the courthouse? Could they possibly get GJ results today and actually be able to name suspect/POI?)

Oh...and we're still spending a buttload of taxpayer money because certain red-headed females won't tell us where Kyron is.

Let me add:

- thank everyone under the sun for their help (which is fine, but when it turns out to be the main reason for a PC it's annoying)

- ruin Ms. Avalon's day completely while she avoids all other fun and exciting summer activities to sit by the computer to watch the PC live

This better be good this time!

I think Terri & Dede will be named as persons of interest. LE are trying to pressurise these 2, this was the real reason why the new questionaires went our with their photos on. In the area where they live people would already have come forward with their sightings. I have a feeling LE don't have any more evidence than has already been released, which is why they need Terri to crack. Focusing on her friends will drive them away & isolate her even more. I think this press briefing will be to make life even more difficult for her by formally declaring her a suspect or arresting her.

Good job on the poll Kat!

I am one of the 5 that opted for an announcement of an arrest. Here's why:

A GJ floor is cleared for public use now.
Logical and prominent people have appeared.
DY and KH have been quiet, quiet, quiet.
The leaks we've seen are enough to show motive, means and missing moments.
Th's lawyer hasn't commented, (that I've seen) about the emails, or anything, which says to me he's working on a very private client/police meeting place, he may already found one.
Grand juries indict fairly easily.
The calm before the storm, and the ducks are lining up in formation. *fingers crossed*

If they do charge Terri and/or Dede today, don't they technically have to bring them to trial within 60 days in Oregon? And in a weak or purely circumstantial case, the defense might actually push for that right to a speedy trial? Or does that almost never happen in Oregon? (speedy trial taking place.)

I'm not getting my hopes up for anything considering what happened last time.
I have a feeling they'll ask for community help on some things.

I'm not getting my hopes up for anything considering what happened last time.
I have a feeling they'll ask for community help on some things.

Same here. I don't put much stock into these scheduled LE or family pressers. The way I see it, if it was something extremely important or news worthy, they'd say it at the time it happened, not schedule it a week in advance or wait for an already scheduled PC, in my opinion. I'm all for keeping Kyron in the news though.

Unless something major happened in the 12 or so hours leading up to the PC, then I could see them waiting to announce it until it begins.

My vote goes towards asking the public for some help to tighten up the timeline, as well as covering the flyer briefly.

I'll be really amazed if we hear anything that we don't already know really.
I'd love to eat my words though :)

The talking heads on the news this morning say LE will show the new flier and ask the public for help in solving the case. Nancy Grace mentioned back to square one.

I am hoping LE surprises us today instead of their usual PCs that really discloses nothing.

It would be nice if a true bill was handed down by the GJ this morning before the PC is held.

When the last flier came out, didn't the presser at that time merely reiterate the flier and that was about it?

I voted talk about the flier.

Captain Gates is supposed to be running the show today. I don't think that's an accident / luck of the draw. He was obviously liked and respected by the press from the start and after the last fiasco, he'll be sure to smooth their ruffled feathers.

I really hope we hear some NEW stuff....but I have my doubts.

I think they'll confirm stuff we already know by "reliable sources"...flier, person in the truck, possibly "bat phone" confirmation, DS time away from "work".......

Does anyone think that we'll hear from Kaine and/or Desiree like we did during the last presser? I might have added this to the poll. Personally, I'm expecting much ado about nothing. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kristirobots