LE Presser - Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Those with children on here who drive to school, do you usually park in the same spot? I do. I'm a creature of habit.

Do we know what time Terri took Kyron to school the day before to take his project to school? If people who are usually there every day, could they get confused as to which day they saw the truck in a certain place?

I am definitely getting the feeling that they are close to resolution. I may be in the minority but I am very impressed with this investigation and the tactics they seem to be using. They revealed a mountain of stuff today, just not to us. Instead, it was revealed the person(s) responsible for Kyron's disappearance.
IMO, they just told certain people specific info, such as where witnesses have placed them, that likely has certain people shaking in their boots.
Why? Because a confession from someone is much better than a purely circumstantial case (which could still be winnable). This was pure pressure and I think it was directed at DS. TH has lots of reasons to continue to remain silent. DS must be much less vested in such silence, in an emotional sense because this is not her family or her husband's kid, etc. So they plaster her photo all over a flyer, and give out info stating they have witnesses placing vehicles in certain areas. If I was DS I would be pooping my pants.
I have a lot of faith right now in LE.

Maybe we are a minority of two but I'm with you! :blowkiss:

Question: Those with children on here who drive to school, do you usually park in the same spot? I do. I'm a creature of habit.

I do but this was an unusual day.

Hope it jogs someones memory seeing the truck in front of the school. So I guess it wasn't parked in the parking lot like I thought.

If it hasn't been posted yet knowing where Terri parked is a huge piece of info. She was parked along Skyline in front of the school.

Breaking my silence ty. I believe it also pieces some info together too. I didn't hear the statement where she was parked at the school.

I remember one student quoted as saying the last he saw Kyron was at the schools SOUTH exit door. (Does anyone else remember this?)

A couple weeks back I started looking at the school and locations because I was curious about parking at the school. I'm submitting a picture of the school here and marking the spot where the south entrance SHOULD be. Maybe a local can verify. If the info given is correct and she parked in front of the school, this maybe the location he left the school from if taken by the pick-up truck.

The picture contains a compass for directional information at the top right of the picture used to gather land and building orientation.

Clicking the thumbnail and then clicking the picture should enlarge it. :)

So yes Chili, I think that's BIG info too but I didn't hear it. Thanks for the quote.

skylinedoor.jpg

Ive been gone doing mommy things all day. Did I miss the presser? if so what was said?

I am definitely getting the feeling that they are close to resolution. I may be in the minority but I am very impressed with this investigation and the tactics they seem to be using. They revealed a mountain of stuff today, just not to us. Instead, it was revealed the person(s) responsible for Kyron's disappearance.
IMO, they just told certain people specific info, such as where witnesses have placed them, that likely has certain people shaking in their boots.
Why? Because a confession from someone is much better than a purely circumstantial case (which could still be winnable). This was pure pressure and I think it was directed at DS. TH has lots of reasons to continue to remain silent. DS must be much less vested in such silence, in an emotional sense because this is not her family or her husband's kid, etc. So they plaster her photo all over a flyer, and give out info stating they have witnesses placing vehicles in certain areas. If I was DS I would be pooping my pants.
I have a lot of faith right now in LE.

I completely agree. Looking for witnesses of something a little "off" in the Fred Meyers parking lot. Just imagine, you were one of em in the parking lot doing whatever was "off"...I'd be thinking that LE knows what happened and I'd be scared of going to jail if I were them. I think they may know who the mysterious adult in the TH's truck is, being DDS or someone else, I do not know. But I bet LE has a good idea!!

What I mean is they should have a huge chart on the wall that shows every single car and who owns it, by now...so they would only need to call a person if they had a later question...and this does not seem to be the case...

So, one vehicle unaccounted for by the school people/parents?

I get the feeling, and maybe I'm projecting, that based on the evidence they *do* have, that they strongly believe (or flat out know) that there is more than one person involved and who they are; that the motive they believe to be true, coupled with the absence of evidence of a murder, and also coupled with the identity of the other(s) involved, has led them to conclude that this is an abduction, rather than a murder.

btw, it blows my mind how people can watch EXACTLY the same thing and draw the exact opposite conclusion. Especially when what was being viewed wasn't all that ambiguous imo. I mean like compared to whether a suspect with long hair and wearing tennis shoes, when viewed from a distance, might be a man or a woman, for example.

But, if that were true and say it was an abduction, why are they not asking for the public's help in locating a live Kyron in a specific geography? Or asking the public other relavant questions to try to find him? I can't believe that they think he is camping in someone's backyard. So where is he if they think he is alive?

My point is, that just because they have no evidence of a murder, doesn't mean that he is alive, that's all.

How is putting staged photos of Terri's truck in a particular place not going to taint a potential witness? I mean, this is nuts.

Also, are we sure that the suggestion was that she parked in two different places, or could there be a legitimate reason for her to have left the school via the access road? Is this a common practice? Did other parents use the access road to exit the school because of the hectic nature of the day and likely that the parking lot was overrun with vehicles?

One thing I took away from this -- after reading her e-mail from June 5, they are still using that as their timeline, so they haven't disproved it, IMHO. Also, IMHO, Terri was giving an account of her whereabouts. I'm wondering if this is more about the times she say she was certain places, not the where.

I think it may be that they know she parked in only one of those places, and are using the other suggestion of a parking place, as a way to weed out bad tips and verify credibility of tipsters. Some people call in tips just to call in, some call in and deliberately lie, e.g., saying they saw something or somebody they didn't. LE has to have a way to prioritize tips. I bet they're getting a whole lot of... unusual persons... call in.

So to clarify: could it be that Terri(or companion) moved her truck from one place to another while in the school parking lot?

Also, what could look *not quite right* in Freddy's lot?

thx

Like this--Terri and Kyron and baby K go inside the school. While they are inside, the "other adult" comes and moves the truck to another, more hidden location near a door. At some point, Terri takes Kyron out through that door and they get in the truck and leave without anyone being able to see what happened, in the "chaotic environment" of the science fair. Entirely my own speculation.

Peeps, PLEASE, PLEASE go discuss what was in the presser on current threads or start new threads if needed.

:blowkiss:

And to the 207 guests here now -- I hope you'll sign up to join us :)

Last warning. This thread is gonna close soon.

But, if that were true and say it was an abduction, why are they not asking for the public's help in locating a live Kyron in a specific geography? Or asking the public other relavant questions to try to find him? I can't believe that they think he is camping in someone's backyard. So where is he if they think he is alive?

My point is, that just because they have no evidence of a murder, doesn't mean that he is alive, that's all.

Very well-said, LNL!

Ok this may have been asked and answered before so I'm sorry if it's a repeat but doesn't FM have security camera's in their parking lot? Most big stores (and small ones for that matter) have them. Could they have seen something on a video tape and can't make something out so they know someone exists out there that did see something but just need them to come forward. Maybe the person(s) don't even know they witnessed something. It would be nice if they would show "something" to jog a memory.

ETA: I went to Wal-Mart, Kohls, Walgreens and Mrs Bairds 85 miles north of me on Monday and I couldn't tell you what kind of car/truck/van etc I parked next to BUT if I saw my car on the news I might remember if I saw something or someone related to an event. The person or persons may not even live in that area just as I don't live in the DFW metroplex but I was there.

I am very confused why the timeline is from 10:15-10:38?

So they basically think Terri could have killed/handed/disposed Kyron in 23 minutes?

Why the specific 10:38?

So it is asinine not to have great confidence in LE right now? Umm...okay.

Yes. Investigation is hard work. It's not like tv shows or the movies where the case is solved in an hour or half hour. Forensics takes time. Good investigation takes time. Two months is very short time for any investigation. They are doing what they can here and I'm sure they have more evidence than we could possibly know about at this time. They don't owe us explanations, they don't owe us the whole case wrapped up perfectly, heck, they don't owe us anything. LE is not out to please the public, they are out to get justice for victims. I'd rather they take their time than let someone guilty get away because they decided to go fast and hard, and not slow and efficient.

i agree that LE is doing a good job based on the press conference- of course,they can't give us what we want to hear...i would just love to hear the kyron will be found soon and that is wishful thinking not an expression of doubt in LE's investigation...

Breaking my silence ty. I believe it also pieces some info together too. I didn't hear the statement where she was parked at the school.

I remember one student quoted as saying the last he saw Kyron was at the schools SOUTH exit door. (Does anyone else remember this?)

A couple weeks back I started looking at the school and locations because I was curious about parking at the school. I'm submitting a picture of the school here and marking the spot where the south entrance SHOULD be. Maybe a local can verify. If the info given is correct and she parked in front of the school, this maybe the location he left the school from if taken by the pick-up truck.

The picture contains a compass for directional information at the top right of the picture used to gather land and building orientation.

Clicking the thumbnail and then clicking the picture should enlarge it. :)

So yes Chili, I think that's BIG info too but I didn't hear it. Thanks for the quote.

View attachment 10518

Yep, I remember, though I wouldn't be able to find that quote if you paid me...

Also LE today said that they were interested in people who parked in the South parking lot, which looks like that skinnier stretch perhaps? Along the side?

Can someone post a map of all these locations..think I saw mention of it? Remember the phone pings on Sauvie Island - how does this all play into this? I am much more curious now that TH's timeline has been somewhat confirmed.

Has anyone said that someone else was with Terri that morning?Why would this mystery person just sit in the truck so everyone can see them if they planned this.Stupid is as stupid does.How did Kaine get to work that morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK